Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Global Neighbours > Disneyland Paris Trip Planning & Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-12-2012, 11:20 AM   #1
DISNEYJADE89
Earning My Ears

Help with xmas dining!!!

Hi everyone

DF and I have just booked DLRP for 4 nights/5 days going on the 23rd December :d::spin:

We have been over the xmas period before but have never actually been on xmas day itself! We are both so excited!!!

We have been researching in to the half board dining plan option-has anybody used this and did they think it was worth it? It looks like we could save quite a bit of money on the restaurants we want to eat at!

My question is Disney says that the half board vouchers cannot be used on Christmas Eve. Does that mean we can just buy vouchers for the other days we are there? Has anybody been to DLRP on xmas eve? We do not want to pay the extortionate amount for the xmas eve menus-is there anywhere else we can eat or do the other restaurants close?

Any help would be appreciated greatly!!!

ONE YEAR UNTIL OUR NEXT DISNEY TRIP
DISNEYJADE89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 04:34 PM   #2
Ware Bears

Elvis Fan
Fridge Magnet hoarder

DISboards Moderator

Congratulations on booking! I've been over Christmas and it really is so magical waking up at Disney on Christmas Day morning! It is possible to eat at usual prices on Christmas Eve as not all the restaurants change to an expensive Christmas menu for that day. You can work out from the brochure which restaurants are offering the expensive meals that day - the ones that aren't listed will be their usual fare at their usual prices, plus counter service will be open as usual.

You'll get 4 meal vouchers each if you stay for 4 nights/5 days, it's done this way in case you arrive very late the first day or leave very early on the last one. Personally I don't think the meal plan is really any saving these days, its only real benefit seems to be that you're able to budget in advance for your meals. Have you considered buying shares? For a relatively small outlay you'd be able to get 15% discount off all table service/buffet meals alongside other discounts.
WDW Holiday Inn Nikki Bird Easter 2004 DLP Explorers August 2005 DLP Explorers Christmas 2005 DLP Explorers August 2006 WDW Comfort Suites Maingate East/Grand Plaza, St Pete Beach Easter 2007 DLP Explorers Halloween 2007 DLP Explorers August 2008 WDW Comfort Suites Maingate East/Disney Wonder Bahamas/Yacht Club Christmas 2009 New Year 2010 DLP Disneyland Hotel May 2011 DLP Newport Bay Club August 2012 DCL Disney Wonder Alaska DL Candy Cane Inn August 2013
Moderator Disneyland Paris
Ware Bears is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-14-2012, 05:22 PM   #3
Ware Bears

Elvis Fan
Fridge Magnet hoarder

DISboards Moderator

Forgot to add that I'd definitely recommend booking your meals rather than leaving it to chance. Although I like to book mine in advance I normally suggest that it's fine to leave it until you get to DLP to book, but at such a busy time I'd stress it's better to book before you go. You can do this up to 60 days in advance on 00 33 1 60 30 40 50, no need to do it at the 60 day mark, two or three weeks before you go should be fine.
WDW Holiday Inn Nikki Bird Easter 2004 DLP Explorers August 2005 DLP Explorers Christmas 2005 DLP Explorers August 2006 WDW Comfort Suites Maingate East/Grand Plaza, St Pete Beach Easter 2007 DLP Explorers Halloween 2007 DLP Explorers August 2008 WDW Comfort Suites Maingate East/Disney Wonder Bahamas/Yacht Club Christmas 2009 New Year 2010 DLP Disneyland Hotel May 2011 DLP Newport Bay Club August 2012 DCL Disney Wonder Alaska DL Candy Cane Inn August 2013
Moderator Disneyland Paris
Ware Bears is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2012, 05:42 AM   #4
DISNEYJADE89
Earning My Ears

Thanks so much for all the helpful info!!! I am so excited to be waking up at Disney on xmas day! I haven't told the DF yet but I've booked us breakfast with the characters at Cafe Mickey on xmas morning! We have been to DLRP about seven times now so I am happy just to wander around the park xmas day and take in the ambience! I am already getting the layers ready as I know how cold it can get!!!

That's good to know about the other restaurants! I was worried that we'd be stranded with nowhere to eat on xmas eve! I have never considered buying shares but that seems like a really good idea as we go so often!

Thank you for the advice on booking as well! I will find out where the DF wants to eat and get them booked up asap!

Thanks again for all your help!

ONE YEAR UNTIL OUR NEXT DISNEY TRIP
DISNEYJADE89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2012, 12:12 PM   #5
bpeacock
Bev P

We went for christmas in 2009 from the 23rd to the 26th december and stayed in the hotel santa fe, it was strange as although it was cold, frosty and icy it didn't feel like xmas.

I booked the buffet at the santa fe on christmas eve and it costs us as adults around 33 euros. When we went for our meal I wondered why there was characters around, as i didn't think they were character meals, so we didn't take our camera, it was not until goofy came dressed as father christmas that i remembered it was actually christmas eve, then minnie and mickey turned up and some mexicans pretending to shoot each other, it was fun. Doh

Christmas day was strange as I thought it would have busier than it was and boxing day a lot of the rides were walk ons. But that was 3 yrs ago things may have changed now.

Hotel Cheyenne - Jan 1998
Hotel Santa Fe - May 2001
Hotel Santa Fe - Dec 2009
Davey Crockett Ranch - Oct 2012
Hotel Cheyenne - Dec 2013 to celebrate the new year
Sejours et Affaires - October 2014 to join in the Halloween Party

bpeacock is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: