Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Pre-Trip Reports and Plans
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read





Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 03-09-2012, 07:31 PM   #1
4monkeys
Mouseketeer
 
4monkeys's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Virginia
Posts: 468

Talking Going back to both worlds!! Disney & Volunteering at GKTW!! ITS HERE!! 5/31

So excited we are going back to Disney!! Can't even begin to explain!! It will be so nice to leave everything at home and relax and have a great time with the kids.

In December 2010 we spent a WONDERFUL week at GKTW for my daughers wish trip with lots pixie dust! We are most excited to be able to give back to them and volunteer our time! It's the least we can do!!

The Cast:Me, Amy Mom! DH Brian, DS Jake, DD Alli, DS Jonathon, DS Christopher. We are taking my mom Kathi and Jakes girlfriend Skye
Half of the cast



Jake, Alli, Jonathon and Christopher

More of the cast: Skye and Jake And A Family pic during Wish Trip




The rest of the Cast: Brian Amy Kathi






Tentative schedule.... Changes expected
Monday arrive and enjoy resort
Tuesday Chef Mickey Magic Kingdom
Wednesday
Thursday GKTW
Friday
Saturday
Sunday Change location Back to GKTW
Monday
Tuesday Maybe heading home?
Wednesday Would love another day



Join me as I plan our vacation!!
[/COLOR]

Last edited by 4monkeys; 05-31-2012 at 07:55 PM. Reason: changing title
4monkeys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 07:32 PM   #2
4monkeys
Mouseketeer
 
4monkeys's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Virginia
Posts: 468

Post reserved.. in case I need it!!
4monkeys is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 03-09-2012, 10:03 PM   #3
blessedmom4
WE BELIEVE IN MIRACLES! ~~Nearly twice as many children die from Congenital Heart Defects in the U.S. each year as die from all forms of childhood cancers combined.
 
blessedmom4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: I am not religious, I have a relationship with God.
Posts: 4,460

I am HERE!!!! I am SO excited you get to go back and I LOVE the family pics!!
blessedmom4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 11:53 AM   #4
FairestOfThemAll
Earning My Ears
 
FairestOfThemAll's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 55

First, I love the family pic with Mickey - the baby ignoring the photographer and reaching out for Mr Mouse is too adorable. Your whole family seems like such happy people.

Can I ask what GKTW is? I'm thinking it's Give Kids The World, but I don't know anything about that besides my assumption that it has something to do with Wish trips. I feel like I've been living under a rock sometimes...

And I love how you have an extra day already partially planned in your schedule. It's so hard to go home!
__________________
FairestOfThemAll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 01:15 PM   #5
4monkeys
Mouseketeer
 
4monkeys's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Virginia
Posts: 468

Quote:
Originally Posted by blessedmom4 View Post
I am HERE!!!! I am SO excited you get to go back and I LOVE the family pics!!
Who would of thought you would be first!! I feel like I have so much to do this time around!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FairestOfThemAll View Post
First, I love the family pic with Mickey - the baby ignoring the photographer and reaching out for Mr Mouse is too adorable. Your whole family seems like such happy people.

Can I ask what GKTW is? I'm thinking it's Give Kids The World, but I don't know anything about that besides my assumption that it has something to do with Wish trips. I feel like I've been living under a rock sometimes...

And I love how you have an extra day already partially planned in your schedule. It's so hard to go home!
Yes, it does stand for Give Kids the World. And your assumption is correct. It is for wish families traveling to Central Florida for their wish trips. They are an awesome organization and provided (along with Make A Wish) a true once in a lifetime experience. We love disney and have gone before.... and can't wait to get back. We will also be visitng Universal this time. The first time was for Allison's wish trip. They liked it so much we have to go back!
4monkeys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 03:27 PM   #6
mommy2mrb
Mama to a Princess - But I'm a Scrap Princess
But you wouldn't need the clothes if you had the hot man
 
mommy2mrb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Beautiful PNW - Everett WA
Posts: 16,877

I'm here too!
dang Judy beat me

how wonderful you are giving back and volunteering at GKTW, we hope to do that on our next trip too!

love the new photos of the kids



btw - think your link from the MAW TR might not be connected right, I couldn't post onto it...
__________________
Me-Lisa DH-Jim RIP 1/12/10 Our GoofyMan~Our Heart's 4ever in Haiti DD-Megan 14
Please check out & support www.BeLikeBrit.org in memory of my DH

mommy2mrb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 03:51 PM   #7
4monkeys
Mouseketeer
 
4monkeys's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Virginia
Posts: 468

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommy2mrb View Post
I'm here too!
dang Judy beat me

how wonderful you are giving back and volunteering at GKTW, we hope to do that on our next trip too!

love the new photos of the kids



btw - think your link from the MAW TR might not be connected right, I couldn't post onto it...
Thank you. They were fighting me by the end of the pictures. I can't wait to get back to GKTW!! LOVED it and can't wait to give back.

I think I fixed the link. I did it wrong, just did the one post and not the thread.

I signed up for The Big Give website. I want to give back as well and bless other wish families. I am also interested in more info about the blankets you are doing. Once I get approved I will learn more!
4monkeys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 03:56 PM   #8
mommy2mrb
Mama to a Princess - But I'm a Scrap Princess
But you wouldn't need the clothes if you had the hot man
 
mommy2mrb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Beautiful PNW - Everett WA
Posts: 16,877

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4monkeys View Post
Thank you. They were fighting me by the end of the pictures. I can't wait to get back to GKTW!! LOVED it and can't wait to give back.

I think I fixed the link. I did it wrong, just did the one post and not the thread.

I signed up for The Big Give website. I want to give back as well and bless other wish families. I am also interested in more info about the blankets you are doing. Once I get approved I will learn more!
yay! doing the Big Gives is SO much fun! love seeing all the happy faces!

thank you so much for wanting to help with our project! pretty simple fleece blankets, don't even have to sew them! Wendy is one the moderators for it, so she will get you approved soon for the Big Give site!!!
__________________
Me-Lisa DH-Jim RIP 1/12/10 Our GoofyMan~Our Heart's 4ever in Haiti DD-Megan 14
Please check out & support www.BeLikeBrit.org in memory of my DH

mommy2mrb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 08:55 PM   #9
4monkeys
Mouseketeer
 
4monkeys's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Virginia
Posts: 468

I have been spoiled by the DIS pixie dust last year/ Now I want to make some custom outfits for my kids. Jonathon still has several embroidered or appliqued tops, so does Alli. Christopher has outgrown all of his. No clue how to even beging that adventure. I want to match the younger boys.

Thinking of doing tie-dye or iron ons for the whole group that match for our character breakfast and MK day, and of course something for all of us for Harry Potter Day.

Need help... suggestions...patterns. I would love to purchase everything, but need to save money for our trip... Dilema dilema dilema
4monkeys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 08:57 PM   #10
mommy2mrb
Mama to a Princess - But I'm a Scrap Princess
But you wouldn't need the clothes if you had the hot man
 
mommy2mrb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Beautiful PNW - Everett WA
Posts: 16,877

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4monkeys View Post
I have been spoiled by the DIS pixie dust last year/ Now I want to make some custom outfits for my kids. Jonathon still has several embroidered or appliqued tops, so does Alli. Christopher has outgrown all of his. No clue how to even beging that adventure. I want to match the younger boys.

Thinking of doing tie-dye or iron ons for the whole group that match for our character breakfast and MK day, and of course something for all of us for Harry Potter Day.

Need help... suggestions...patterns. I would love to purchase everything, but need to save money for our trip... Dilema dilema dilema
I don't sew, but know the ladies over on the Disboutiquers thread will be of great help with patterns and sites they use!
__________________
Me-Lisa DH-Jim RIP 1/12/10 Our GoofyMan~Our Heart's 4ever in Haiti DD-Megan 14
Please check out & support www.BeLikeBrit.org in memory of my DH

mommy2mrb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 01:56 PM   #11
4monkeys
Mouseketeer
 
4monkeys's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Virginia
Posts: 468

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommy2mrb View Post
I don't sew, but know the ladies over on the Disboutiquers thread will be of great help with patterns and sites they use!
Went and got some good information. Went to Walmart today to get fabric and a few other things I needed, wouldn't you know I wen to the one that didn't have their section set up!

Off to a different one later this evening. Can't wait to give it a try. I am making the boys (2 little ones) matching cars shorts. If they turn out I may check into getting Christopher a Cars shirt like Jonathon got from our pixie dust give.
4monkeys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 02:35 PM   #12
4monkeys
Mouseketeer
 
4monkeys's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Virginia
Posts: 468

Lightbulb Dates for gktw

So excited!! Got an email confirming our volunteer shifts at GKTW!!! Allison, my mom, Skye and myself will work at the pool. The boys will enjoy the village while we are there. Then Brian and Jake will do pizza deliveries. They figured it's the least they could do as busy as we kept the pizza kitchen while we were there!!

We also will likely go back another day while in Florida. Want to do a shirt that somehow thanks GKTW. What do you think???
4monkeys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 12:49 PM   #13
4monkeys
Mouseketeer
 
4monkeys's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Virginia
Posts: 468

Question FABRIC..Which one?

Got 3 fabrics to play with today to make my two little guys there shorts!! Can't wait to get started.

Opinions wanted: Jonathon has an embroidered Lightening McQueen shirt... which fabric do you like better for his shorts?? (his shirt is white with the car being red)

4monkeys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 02:41 PM   #14
mommy2mrb
Mama to a Princess - But I'm a Scrap Princess
But you wouldn't need the clothes if you had the hot man
 
mommy2mrb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Beautiful PNW - Everett WA
Posts: 16,877

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4monkeys View Post
Got 3 fabrics to play with today to make my two little guys there shorts!! Can't wait to get started.

Opinions wanted: Jonathon has an embroidered Lightening McQueen shirt... which fabric do you like better for his shorts?? (his shirt is white with the car being red)

I'd go with the red! since his shirt is white it should look great together!
__________________
Me-Lisa DH-Jim RIP 1/12/10 Our GoofyMan~Our Heart's 4ever in Haiti DD-Megan 14
Please check out & support www.BeLikeBrit.org in memory of my DH

mommy2mrb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 08:00 AM   #15
mommy2mrb
Mama to a Princess - But I'm a Scrap Princess
But you wouldn't need the clothes if you had the hot man
 
mommy2mrb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Beautiful PNW - Everett WA
Posts: 16,877

__________________
Me-Lisa DH-Jim RIP 1/12/10 Our GoofyMan~Our Heart's 4ever in Haiti DD-Megan 14
Please check out & support www.BeLikeBrit.org in memory of my DH

mommy2mrb is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:42 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.