Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-12-2012, 01:18 AM   #1
Rainasunshine
Some say it's all a dream, but I know, I know that it is my reality(:

A very magical May trip and its very belated trip report.

Despite the trip being long ago expired I decided I should start and finish at least one trip report, and why not my favorite trip to date! This trip held a lot of firsts for Brandon and I; first flight (for me), first trip without family or friends, celebrating our new associates degrees, friendships, and surprises!

Monday May 14 :D

We woke up super early in May 14 to catch our super early 7am flight from phx to lax I blame security for the need to be there at 430 just to wait forever. Flight went off fantastically, I'd lie and say I wasn't terrified but I am not the best liar(:
We land in LAX and get to play with a giant interactive screen while we wait for our shuttle.

TADA now we can all play a giant matching game in an airport for free!

And our super sleepy excited self's wait for what we thought was the DLRE which turned out to be a man driving a tiny white van with no ac way to fast down the highway. Thankfully, I slept through most of that experience but we opted for the super shuttle on our return trip for sure.

After reaching the Castle Inn (which isn't a bad place but I will never stay there again) we rush off to the parks for a fun filled, long awaited Disney day! :D

We headed straight for the round up area for some quality character interaction and met the brer bear, cowboy Donald, clarabell and goofy. The Cm with Donald was quite the character telling us jokes and even taking one of my favorite character pictures, mostly because the picture was slanted and not Disney pin straight. I can see why children are afraid of some characters because in my opinion Clarabell is very frightening

This area and the whole park was pretty empty the entire trip which was nice, we were able to spend as long as we wanted with the characters and take everything at a nice pace.

After that we wandered over to toontown to catch up with our favorite mouse who was thankfully home at the time. Unfortunately, his long time girlfriend was nowhere to be found so we will have to find her next time(:
I would recommend going to Toontown around this time (11 or 12) because it like the park was empty and had a very small amount of tiny children running around so again we stayed awhile and chatted with mickey. We did ask if Steamboat Willie was there that day and where told to wait a bit. I would recommend that to anyone super interested in the vintage aspect of everything it was worth it. We also really enjoyed all the cool things in Mickey's house.

It really must have been a good day for characters because on our way through Tomorrowland for some lunch we ran into a pack of storm troopers and were lucky enough to intercept one for a photo!

After a brief break and several fun hours riding our favorite rides over and over again we headed to DCA.

We found a cute wild kitty, that thankfully was being feed cat food over by the taste pilots grill.

We were also lucky enough to see the set up for the Mad tea party which we heard them testing and the band practicing the following evening. No pictures of that though

After a few spins on the Fun wheel we ran into our good friend Robert! He is a very special friend of ours that we met on our last trip to disneyland. He is special needs and visits the parks pretty much every day (when his job permits). All the Cm's know him and he is pretty much Disney royalty. He keeps stats of all the rides he has ever been on since the early 60's and scores for things like TSMM. His favorite rides are soarin' and autotopia which he has ridden an insane amount of times. I want to say the last count was 80,000+? We all had a pleasant dinner with that evening(:

Afterwards we headed over to DTD for some shopping.

Thankfully, other Disney addicts have a sense of humor :D This was the funniest thing we saw all day.

The new Lego store models were awesome and worth the wait! :D

Old 09-12-2012, 01:21 AM   #2
Rainasunshine

More Monday

With a quick hop on the monorail we were on our way to the Mad tea cups for some not-so-professional night time, blurry light pictures, and a stomach ache.

Thankfully, these pictures were an improvement on the video we took in December of four full grown adults trying to ride the tea cups
Which if I find I will share with all of my lovely Disfriends! :D

We decided to cap the evening with a carousel ride, an owl, and our fortune from miss Esmeralda.

We thought it was really cool that her cards were Haunted Mansion(:

I will get to Tuesday as soon as possible, because that is when all the real fun starts happening!
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-12-2012, 05:49 AM   #3
Disneydreamsdancer
Mouseketeer

Loving reading about your trip!

DLRP Aug '94 - Hotel Sante Fe
DLRP Mar '95 - Hotel Sante Fe . DLRP Jan '01 - Hotel Cheyenne . DLRP Jan '07 - Hotel Sante Fe . DLR Cal Jan '08 - Hilton Anaheim . DLR Cal Dec '08 - Marriott Anaheim . DLR Cal Jan '12 - Fairfield Inn . DLR Cal May '12 - Carousel Inn
Disneydreamsdancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 10:52 PM   #4
Rainasunshine

Awe thanks! I will get around to more of it eventually haha
Old 09-16-2012, 05:59 PM   #5
Rainasunshine

Tuesday May 15

For the majority of this trip I cannot honestly remember the order of the rides we went on, what we always ate, or the time we woke up; but it was an amazing trip with great memories. All of the rides were walk on though and the food was tasty.

We started this day off in DCA!

We ran into a our old superhero pal on the way to our hotel.

We rode TOT several times among other DCA classics before heading back over to disneyland(:

Id say we had the best luck in awhile for seeing characters this trip(:

We also found the moved penny machines in the opera house!

We continued to enjoy our afternoon listening to the Daper Dans, riding the main street vehicles, and all of our favorites rides over and over again until the fantasmic AP party! It was nice to have the park super empty at night and then a midnight showing of fantasmic. We were lucky enough to hear about this event before we left and reserved our spots. It was a really good show, it had the news broadcasts about it and all of the innovations that originally went into it. It was also the first time I saw the show start to finish in one sitting.

Pre-show pictures

FOOOOOD(:
Brandon's Bacon mac and cheese dog

Fantasmic cupcakes

My giant purple sparkly cinnamon role! :D

We wandered over to Tink's house while we waited. It was really pretty and nice even if the fairies were nowhere in sight.

We then walked over to autotopia to see if our friend Robert was able to stay and watch the show that evening. He unfortunatly could not but it was nice to see him for a little bit.

No pictures of the show, we didn't have a fancy camera at the time and it was just really nice to stand there and watch the show.

A few parting shots for the night though(:

Old 09-16-2012, 06:17 PM   #6
Rainasunshine

Wednesday May 17

This was the whole purpose of our trip.... okay maybe not but I was super excited for my awesome surprise. The lovely boyfriend (.....and myself ) are super obsessed with Disneyland. And through great blessing, kindness, disney magic, and friendship I was able to get us a lunch reservation at Club 33!! Sneaky me though, didn't tell Brandon so he was very surprised! I convinced him to get all dressed up for lunch at the Blue bayou and to sleep in and start the parks a little bit late. It was amazing.
We were a bit early so we stopped by the main street emporium and browsed a bit, the awesome CM there gave us celebration buttons and a trading pin off the boards even though we didn't have pins at the time. It was nice of him(:
We finally headed over to NOS for our lunch and Brandon pretty much fainted when I rang the bell and told him to give them our name. I was soo happy(:

The lunch menu

Beautiful lighting and table

We were lucky enough to have a table the overlooked part of NOS and the Rivers of America

Because we went during lunch we were able to use the awesome lunch buffet which had the most amazing food ever(: Yummy salads, fruits, cheeses, seafood, everything :D
I wish I could find the recipe for this lobster potato thingy they made

While we waited we walked around and took pictures of all the amazing and beautiful pictures and artifacts that were inside.

Old 09-16-2012, 06:41 PM   #7
Rainasunshine

More of the Club- Wed. May 16

Pictures of the trophy room, Lillian's butterflies, and the stuffed vulture

Yay finally the food! :D
Not only was the atmosphere and experience amazing but the food was excellent as well.
I had the chicken and truffled mac and cheese with a yummy berry lemonade(:

Brandon had the Lamb and mixed veggies with a cherry coke, which was the best he has ever had. He says that other places water their's down but not here.

We managed to find room for dessert amid all of that yummy food(:

We had time for a few more pictures before heading back out to the bustling land of mouse(:

All-in-all it was an amazing opportunity that we will be forever thankful for.

With an amazing experience in the bag we headed back to our hotel to change and head over to DCA for some more thrill rides(:

We played a fun competitive game of TSMM together where I was so close to winning for once. But alas Brandon won yet again. hahah

We just took this day nice and slow enjoying all the little details and fun memories. We drew a few classic characters at the animation academy, relaxed, and let ourselves be lost in the moment.

Last edited by Rainasunshine; 09-16-2012 at 07:19 PM.
Rainasunshine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 07:04 PM   #8
Rainasunshine

Thursday May 17

After a lovely morning in the parks we headed back to the hotel for some R&R, maybe a little splash in the pool when Brandon decided we needed pictures in front of the castle. We took our customary picture of the time castle then headed over to the photo-pass for our own pictures.

<3 His own surprise for the trip, which I guess he has been planning with my best friend for awhile now. It was so amazing and special and thankfully it was a pretty empty day in the parks(:

So his lovely surprise threw all thoughts of a nap out the window, too much adrenaline. We called our families and headed over to see the princesses.

Unfortunately no Belle But snow white was very much in character and the best princess there. Even her photographer was funny and awesome.

From there we decided to ride Space mountain before our originally planned nap.

When reentering Main street we were lucky enough to catch the flag ceremony which was beautiful.

We spent a good portion of that afternoon in Tomorrowland riding star tours, the subs and the new monorails. The monorails were so cute with their faces and a lot better with their new colors and interiors. All three times that we rode the monorail that trip we were in the front or the very back.

Pocket sized monorail!

We finished off the evening in DCA with a showing of world of color! My absolute favorite show ever! It brings tears to our eyes every time.

Playing 20Q waiting for the show to start

Old 09-16-2012, 07:15 PM   #9
Rainasunshine

Last Day BOOO

because we had a boring flight to catch it was a very short day but it was worth it and lots of fun. We had stuffed baked potatoes for lunch followed by huge bowls of ice cream :D
We rode a few more rides and got that last minuet sovineer. All in all it was the best Disney trip of my life(;

Our tiny tuna can plane :P

Now I get to plan for our magical may wedding which will be appropriately UP themed. It is one of our favorite movies and it is disney-pixar(:
And hopefully we can honeymoon in WDW for a brand new disney experience.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: