Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-12-2012, 12:35 PM   #16
sexyravenfan
Steamed Crabs, O's, and Natty Bohs

That's how we felt at Whispering Canyon. Our server was so rude as opposed to the others. Not fun at all

October 2012-POR
August 2010-POR
August 2008-POR
July 2005-POR
July 2002-POR
June 1998-DxL
June 1994-DxL
September 1990-FW

sexyravenfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 12:38 PM   #17
LSUfan4444
DIS Veteran

I would like to highly advise to anyone, dining anywhere (WDW or not) to always, without question ask to speak with a manager during the meal or when the problem occurs rather than complaining after the fact.

You would be amazed at the lenghts that some restaurants will go to to make you happy, and I don't mean comping some food or offereing a free dessert. That ebing said, if you ask for a manager, not only should you know what you are complaining about, but know what you want him/her to do about it.

If you want a new server, ask. If you want another table, ask. if you don't like your entree and want another one, ask. if you do ask, understand granting some of these requests might take time and a little flexibility on your part as well. The staff wants you to leave happy and you want to leave happy, so you have the same goal. The best way for things to be rectified is to have an open line of communication with your server and the managements staff if that does not work.

As to your situation, if I was 100% sure I paid my bill in full (including any gratuity that was automatically added) and I recieved a phone call from someone at the restaurant, no way I go back there and even less chance when I arrive do I pay more money.
Register to remove

Old 09-12-2012, 12:46 PM   #18
Sheaboys
DIS Veteran

We ate there just about 2 weeks ago. We had never been so I have nothing to compare it too. We had Jenn as our server and I thought she was good. She let "scooter" (our 14 yr old) know that he was responsible for setting the table, making sure everyone kept their elbows off the table and cleaning up the dinner dishes. Which he did, under the watchful eye of Jennifer. She introduced us to our cousins, who we never see (the table next to us), and then when they left, had the new cousins say hi! We all sang happy birthday to our 6yr old.

We thought it was fun and so good. We had a 5:40 ADR, we got there about 5, we were seated about 5 minutes later. At first we were told, they were not sure they could accomodate our big family early, but they did no problem.

We had no problem with our dining plan or anything. We would go back!

Our August 2012 Free Dining Review. http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2990330

Mom to 5 little boys
WDW-various days during the 70's and 80's as a child. DisneyLand-July 1991, DisneyWorld-April 1992 offsite
Caribbean Beach-June 1995 honeymoon, All Stars Sports-December 1998, All Star Movies- November 2000 (me, my mom and the 2 boys) DTD Hotel - May 2001, All Star Movies-September 2001 (me, the 2 boys and my girlfriend), Disneyland-December 2003 (us and the 3 boys), POR-October 2nd-8th 2005 (us and the 3 boys)Caribbean Beach-August 25, 2012-September 2,2012
POR-August 2014 (16th-26th)

(dh43) (me 43) (16)(14)(12)(8) (5)
Sheaboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 12:52 PM   #19
POOHsie
DIS Veteran

Because unwatched money is a temptation to some folks, I have a personal rule that if I'm paying cash at an eatery, I personally hand the money to the server or cashier. If I'm leaving cash for just the tip, I will locate the server and personally hand him/her the money. That way a bus boy or other server can't come along behind and pilfer money meant for my food and/or tip. Just sayin'.
Old 09-12-2012, 12:58 PM   #20
LSUfan4444
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by POOHsie View Post
Because unwatched money is a temptation to some folks, I have a personal rule that if I'm paying cash at an eatery, I personally hand the money to the server or cashier. If I'm leaving cash for just the tip, I will locate the server and personally hand him/her the money. That way a bus boy or other server can't come along behind and pilfer money meant for my food and/or tip. Just sayin'.

I do the same thing. If I pay cash, the money goes into the same booklet they presented the check to me in and I make sure to hand the booklet to the server with the tip in the book. If I need change, I let the server know how much change she can bring me so that I do not have to leave money on the table.

(example - if my bill is $72.59 and I give the server $100, I might just say "Bring me back a $10")

The only time I ever leave chash on the table is when I have to pay at a register, but want to tip my server. Sometimes I will just leave it on the table.
Old 09-12-2012, 02:20 PM   #21
minnie mum
Unapologetic Disney Fan(atic)

Just wanted to echo what POOHsie and LSUfan said. NEVER just leave cash on the table. Who knows who is going to pocket that money! This way there is NEVER a question of 'shorting'. An unfortunate way to learn that particular lesson.
minnie mum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 04:05 PM   #22
Me!Thatswho
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheaboys View Post
We ate there just about 2 weeks ago. We had never been so I have nothing to compare it too. We had Jenn as our server and I thought she was good. She let "scooter" (our 14 yr old) know that he was responsible for setting the table, making sure everyone kept their elbows off the table and cleaning up the dinner dishes. Which he did, under the watchful eye of Jennifer.
We were there for our first time about three weeks ago, and our experience was very similar except we had Cousin Gary as our waiter. Although, he actually introduced us to Jennifer, who was working the other half of the room. The two were hilarious! We would go back again in a heartbeat!

As to the cash issue, I also personally make sure I hand it to the waiter/waitress just to be safe.

Sorry to hear about others having a not so magical time at what, for us, was one of the best interactive dinning experiences we had at WDW.
August, 2005 - WDW All-Stars Movies & All-Stars Music -- May, 2006 - WDW Port Orleans French Quarter for SWW -- June, 2007 - WDW Contemporary for SWW -- Dec, 2007 - WDW Pop Century & Contemporary for MVMCP -- July, 2008 - DL Disneyland Hotel -- Dec, 2008 - Jan, 2009 - WDW Polynesian; NYE @ DHS -- Dec, 2009 - Jan, 2010 - WDW Polynesian; NYE: breakfast at AK; mid-day @ Blizzard Beach; evening @ Epcot for Illuminations; fireworks on Poly beach -- Oct, 2010 - WDW Polynesian for MNSSHP -- Nov, 2011 - DL Grand Californian Hotel -- Aug 2012 - WDW Beach Club CL -- Jan 2013 - WDW Yacht Club CL -- Dec 2013 - WDW Port Orleans Riverside: DD danced in XMas parade taping -- July 2014 - DLP Hotel New York

My first ever Trip Report - DLP or bust! w/ Lots of Pics!
Me!Thatswho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 04:43 PM   #23
princessallegra
They call me Mrs. Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by LSUfan4444
I would like to highly advise to anyone, dining anywhere (WDW or not) to always, without question ask to speak with a manager during the meal or when the problem occurs rather than complaining after the fact.

You would be amazed at the lenghts that some restaurants will go to to make you happy, and I don't mean comping some food or offereing a free dessert. That ebing said, if you ask for a manager, not only should you know what you are complaining about, but know what you want him/her to do about it.

If you want a new server, ask. If you want another table, ask. if you don't like your entree and want another one, ask. if you do ask, understand granting some of these requests might take time and a little flexibility on your part as well. The staff wants you to leave happy and you want to leave happy, so you have the same goal. The best way for things to be rectified is to have an open line of communication with your server and the managements staff if that does not work.

As to your situation, if I was 100% sure I paid my bill in full (including any gratuity that was automatically added) and I recieved a phone call from someone at the restaurant, no way I go back there and even less chance when I arrive do I pay more money.
Amen!

ASMU '95WL '05POP/POFQ '06ASMU '07POLY CL '09WL CL June '10ASMu Suite Nov '10CSR June '11POR Princess 1/2 '12ASp/CSR/AKL '12 ToT 10 Miler CSR '13
princessallegra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 04:45 PM   #24
princessallegra
They call me Mrs. Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by Me!Thatswho
We were there for our first time about three weeks ago, and our experience was very similar except we had Cousin Gary as our waiter. Although, he actually introduced us to Jennifer, who was working the other half of the room. The two were hilarious! We would go back again in a heartbeat!

As to the cash issue, I also personally make sure I hand it to the waiter/waitress just to be safe.

Sorry to hear about others having a not so magical time at what, for us, was one of the best interactive dinning experiences we had at WDW.
We had cousin gary once too! He was great! I think the fried chicken and pb&j milkshake are great here.

ASMU '95WL '05POP/POFQ '06ASMU '07POLY CL '09WL CL June '10ASMu Suite Nov '10CSR June '11POR Princess 1/2 '12ASp/CSR/AKL '12 ToT 10 Miler CSR '13
princessallegra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 06:50 PM   #25
charmedlife3517
Mouseketeer

You guys are scaring me We have a reservation for 50's PT and it is one of the resturaunts that I am most looking forward too. I hope I dont have a bad experience.

charmedlife3517 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 07:21 PM   #26
Me!Thatswho
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by princessallegra View Post
I think the fried chicken and pb&j milkshake are great here.
That's what I had!! It was awesome!
August, 2005 - WDW All-Stars Movies & All-Stars Music -- May, 2006 - WDW Port Orleans French Quarter for SWW -- June, 2007 - WDW Contemporary for SWW -- Dec, 2007 - WDW Pop Century & Contemporary for MVMCP -- July, 2008 - DL Disneyland Hotel -- Dec, 2008 - Jan, 2009 - WDW Polynesian; NYE @ DHS -- Dec, 2009 - Jan, 2010 - WDW Polynesian; NYE: breakfast at AK; mid-day @ Blizzard Beach; evening @ Epcot for Illuminations; fireworks on Poly beach -- Oct, 2010 - WDW Polynesian for MNSSHP -- Nov, 2011 - DL Grand Californian Hotel -- Aug 2012 - WDW Beach Club CL -- Jan 2013 - WDW Yacht Club CL -- Dec 2013 - WDW Port Orleans Riverside: DD danced in XMas parade taping -- July 2014 - DLP Hotel New York

My first ever Trip Report - DLP or bust! w/ Lots of Pics!
Me!Thatswho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 07:50 PM   #27
ArthurFiggis
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by CraftyMommy View Post
We went there hoping to have a good time and the server, Cindy, was not fun at all. She was all business and not friendly in the least. I was there a different trip with a large group and we had Cindy again. She gushed all over people. I took notice of the small table by us and they were ignored like my family was on our past trip. She seems to like big groups and if you are a small family she has that "eat your food and be gone with yourselves" attitude. I'm not a fan of this restaurant. The only time I've been ever been able to get good service was when we were with a big group.
Does anyone have any experience going to PTC solo? When I went there back in '91 with my mom it was wonderful. When I went in 2010 with my ex the food was good but the service was meh. Our server was playing the role, but it felt she only put in as much as required. I like the atmosphere and the food, but I'd like the rest of it, too
Old 09-12-2012, 07:53 PM   #28
countryblonde314
Disney Princess

Quote:
Originally Posted by sexyravenfan View Post
That's how we felt at Whispering Canyon. Our server was so rude as opposed to the others. Not fun at all
Same way with us at Whispering Canyon. We went a couple of years ago and everything was good we got our food it was delicious, but when I began eating my meal the waiter asked me to get up and skip around the place singing happy birthday to my sister, clearly she didn't want me to because she said please dont I dont like attention. So I told him no because she didnt want me to and I had just gotten my food. Which point he became really rude and started making rude comments to me. I left my family eating there, I got up walked out and went to the food court to get a counter meal to eat. I will never go there again.

countryblonde314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 07:56 PM   #29
countryblonde314
Disney Princess

I love the 50's diner, we have always had a great experience. The menu has changed since last time we went but the fried chicken and brownie sundea are still on the menu and I have to say they are amazing.

countryblonde314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 08:00 PM   #30
jackie101
DIS Veteran

we were there the last wk of August....the waiter was not into it and the food was just ok. would not go back, not worth the $
jackie101 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: