Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Disney Collectors Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-11-2012, 11:29 PM   #1
ChezaBelle
Earning My Ears

Disney Collector Doll Care

This may sound silly to some... but I am new to the world of collecting Disney. It has been difficult to choose just one thing to collect from Disney Store. With that in mind, I have never collected anything before, but decided recently to start with the Designer Villains Collection. I would like some more info on how everyone displays, stores, and cares for their dolls. I want to take care of my investment, after all!

Also, I have noticed some scratches on the acrylic casing of Maleficent, and I just purchased her yesterday. I was very careful with her, but I'm afraid the slip cover may be partly to blame. Any tips for not scratching the acrylic casing? Or how to clean it? Thank you all so much for your input and advice!
ChezaBelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 07:34 PM   #2
KuraiKodoku
Earning My Ears

I'm not an obsessed collector so I don't have a special way to display my collection. But most people either have them on display wall shelves or display book cases. I've even seen people with them on their mantle.

Right now I have four of my princess dolls with the sleeves still on sitting on my bookshelf. I have been looking for a good display case, but I haven't found just the one I want and I don't have room for one yet until I finish my master suite addition. So right now they just sit there and get a dusting once in a while.
Keep them out of sunlight and certain eroding lights. I'm still new to the moisture factor, so I can't offer a good suggestion on how to maintain humidity.

But for protecting the case from scratches, I know from my other figurines I collect, a lot of sellers wrap the item in tissue paper to prevent scratches. So maybe in-between the acrylic case and sleeve you have a tissue paper. I suggest you use ph neutral/archival tissue paper if you plan to keep it there long term.

I too am looking for a suggestions on where to get a good display cases with high enough shelves. Not just for the Disney Designer Doll but for my Hot Toys (Jack Sparrow) and Limited Edition Barbie dolls. I keep thinking on looking for a commercial display case. I want those cases I always see on TV like on Collection Intervention on SyFy.
Old 09-19-2012, 07:58 PM   #3
tony609
"I've Gotta Show To Do"

I keep my Disney dolls, designer collection in their original cases without sleeves so I can look at them. Ike's had great shelves, bookcases and great glass ( on all sides) display cases. Something like you would see in a jewelry store, you can even pay about $12-$20 extra and add the light fixture to it. I have four of those with deboxed barbies in them.
9/07,10/08,10/09,9/10,11/10,9/11,9/12, 5/13,5/13

DL-5/05, 5/12

COMING UP WDW-5/14, 9/14

FASTPASS+ THREAD
tony609 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: