Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney World Tips
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-11-2012, 02:16 PM   #1
MrsJSP
Earning My Ears

Question about MNSSHP

We've got tickets for the Halloween Party in October, and I'm starting to worry that I'm going to be the only adult there without a costume. I HATE dressing up for Halloween, and definitely don't want to wear one, but if I'm going to be the only one there not dressed up, I think I'll have to start thinking about it now to get myself worked up to do it. There are other adults who don't wear costumes, right?

Also, this may sound totally stupid, but is it okay if our kids' costumes aren't Disney themed?
MrsJSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 03:43 PM   #2
Cheshire Figment
Friend of Figment

1. Dress up as a Tourist! For Cast Members, that is Scary enough.

2. You would not believe the number of Harry Potter's that show up. As long as it is within the "Not So Scary" criteria.

Now Working Part Time at Walt Disney World! Currently at Everything Pop Merchandise after nine years in Guest Services/Ticket Sales.

A few very helpful links which are on DisBoards:
Everything About WDW Tickets and this one disABILITIES FAQs
Cheshire Figment is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-11-2012, 06:40 PM   #3
Playgrnd
Mouseketeer

Absolutely nothing to worry about! Many adults will not be in custom and your kids do not have to be dressed in Disney attire It's a wonderful event/ party, have a magical evening!
Wilderness Lodge - Nov 2012
Wilderness Lodge & DCL Fantasy - Nov 2013
Beach Club - Nov 2014

Playgrnd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 08:21 PM   #4
GS2263
Earning My Ears

We've done MNSSHP several times. Pretty much anything goes. It's a great night, and you'll be comfortable no matter how you go. Just enjoy!!!
GS2263 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 10:33 PM   #5
graceesmom
DIS Veteran

I've worn a Halloween t-shirt both times I went. DD dressed up, but just shorts and t-shirt for me.
Oct. 10 Poly * March 11 Beach Club * June 12 Grand Floridian *August 12 POR Royal Room and Yacht Club April 26-May 5 2013 CSR and Poly- 1st Time trying Club Level July 2013 Yacht Club January 2014 Animal Kingdom LodgeMarch 2014 Saratoga Springs and Coronado Spring Business Class
April 2014 Grand Floridian July 2014 Wilderness Lodge Club Level
CRUISES August 2013 Disney Dream March 2014 Disney Magic*
*April 2014 Disney Dream* UpcomingNovember 2014 Disney Fantasy

ADVENTURES BY DISNEY - MAY 2014 Viva Italia

NEW April/May 2013 Family and Friends at Disney Beautiful Day http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f7t7VhbD8do
Summer 2012 WDW Vacation Video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8cxyUicMy5w
March 2011 WDW Vacation Videohttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mpjlGPQ_CQ4
May 2010 WDW Celebration Vacation Video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tInxvg3qjh4
graceesmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 10:51 PM   #6
mmorris72
Mouseketeer

Agree with just wearing a Halloween shirt.
mmorris72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 02:33 PM   #7
momtoamulan
Mouseketeer

Hubby and I dont dress up either..

Or maybe being ourselves is scary enough!

The kids will be though...
momtoamulan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 04:36 PM   #8
mom2cookies
DIS Veteran

i've seen some adults wear modified costumes. For example for Snow WHite they would wear a yellow skirt, black vest and blue shirt. Aurora, all pink or half pink half blue with a crown.. Or if you want to be bothered, get a lion tail and either a head band with ears or the ear hair clips. That way you won't be " in a costume" but will have enough of a " costume" you won't feel out of place.
Plenty of adults don't wear a costume though ; )
Old 09-14-2012, 08:39 PM   #9
Blackbeltdisneygirl
Disney obsessed and proud of it!!!

We are doing a modified Alice in Wonderland theme, and though I was originally planning to go all out, I am now seriously contemplating going a bit less dressed up. My brother and I will be going as Tweedle Dee and Tweedle Dum, so I thought it would be fun if both of us just wore a yellow t-shirt this message on the back of them:
MINE:..............................MY BRO'S:

TWEEDLE DEE ...................TWEEDLE DEE

TWEEDLE DUM-----> <-----TWEEDLE DUM

We will have to stand next to each other all night, but I think it will be funny. The top periods won't be on the shirts, I just had to put them there b/c it was messing up when I posted it.
Blackbeltdisneygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 11:27 PM   #10
LockShockBarrel
Pudge controls the weather.

I was there on Tuesday night and saw lots of folks without costumes. Most had something halloween themed though, be it a tshirt or at least orange and black, and a lot had ears or headbands on. I went with a tiedye in orange and black, I just couldn't bring myself to deal with a costume this time around.
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade...but without water and sugar your lemonade is gonna suck.Shut up Brain or I'll poke you with a Qtip!Legally, it's questionable. Morally, disgusting. Personally, I like it!The way to a man's heart is through his stomach. Stab in and thrust upward.

Trip Report Jan 2011: Viva Verde! http://http://www.disboards.com/show...0#post39571060
TRIP REPORT SEPT 2012How do I Flush This? Squared!http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2993886

Feb 2007 Pop Century, Oct 2008 Pop Century, Jan 2011 Old Key West, Sept 12 Pop Century
LockShockBarrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2012, 07:27 AM   #11
phillymummer
DIS Veteran

Don't worry, my hubby won't dress up either! I don't think he would even wear a Halloween T-shirt. DD and I will just be dressing up.

Oct 2012 POFQ- First trip planned all by myself (and with plenty of help from The Dis!)
Next trip- Nov 2015 to MK and Universal!
phillymummer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2012, 10:58 AM   #12
lovetheduck
Mouseketeer

We have been at MNSSHP on halloween night for the past few years. I (and dh) also hate dressing up in any type of costume. I just wear shorts and a t. For two of the years one of my dds didn't want to wear a costume. We decided that I would dress up as the mom and she would dress as the kid. That would be our "costume" if anybody asked. We were far from the only people not dressed up.
lovetheduck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2012, 11:29 AM   #13
ToddyLu
Welcome aboard explorers- I love Mr. Ray

We have been to MNSSHP on 10/31 the last two years and have a repeater coming up. In 2010 I talked DH into wearing a Charlie Brown Zig-Zag shirt, brown shorts and shoes. He looked really cute...like Charlie at 48. I wore a themed shirt. Last year I put glitter in my hair, wore a themed shirt and DH did not...my Mom(68) and Dad (74) went as a Zebra and Werewolf respectively.

For the life of me I can't talk DH into wearing a Tooth Fairy shirt this year...which would be hysterical. He is pooh sized and can grow a beard in too days...just thinking about it makes me laugh.
first trip ASMo 2002, ASMo 2003, ASMo 2004 twice, ASMo 2005, POFQ 2006, Pop 2007, Pop 12/2008 with DDP, AKV SV 10/09 with DDP, AKV SV 12/10, AKV 5/11, AKV SV 10/11, AKV 5/12, AKV 10/12, AKV 11/13, AKV 5/14, AKV 10/14, AKV 5/15, Fall 2016
My DH loves me for my points!!
ToddyLu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 12:05 AM   #14
DisneyMomKelli
Dreaming about my next trip to WDW!!!

This will be our 3rd time at MNSSHP and lots of people don't wear costumes. I ordered a really cute Halloween tee from the Disney Store online and Old Navy has a couple cute headbands (a devil and a witch I think) online if you want to be festive without going all out. The party is one of our favs and I LOVE the parade! Not to be missed! Have fun!!!

Kelli
Me , DH Joe , DS12 Tony , DD8 Emma

CBR (1st trip ever! It was love at first site!) 09/2008, POR 10/2010, AKV 6/2011
Currently planning our next trip with both Grandmas, Aunt Kimmy, Uncle DJ, and cousin Alora- AKV 2 Bedroom- 10/2012

DisneyMomKelli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 11:48 AM   #15
bankgirl05
DIS Veteran

When we went in 2010, it was so sticky hot the night we went that my kids (then 4 and 2 ) would not even think about putting on thier itchy (polyester) costumes. They were Peter Pan and Tink. But it was cold enough out at Halloween at home that I could put layers under them so the polyester didn't rub thier skin!!! Plus, the GLITTER on the Tink Costume really irritated my DD's skin.

My DH and I don't dress up either, I am not sure we even wore Halloween Tshirts??? We are going to the last MNSSHP 11/2 (and MVMCP 11/9)and won't dress up then either. Depending on the weather, my kids will probably wear thier costumes since this will be their only trick-or-treating since we are leaving home on 10/31 to drive down!!!
bankgirl05 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: