Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Universal Studios/Sea World > Universal Studios/Islands of Adventure Forums
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-11-2012, 01:47 PM   #1
huckster
DIS Veteran

new to the darkside need some input;

i know i ask alot of questions sorry but i am over excited and nervouse
we are staying at HRH so when you walk out to the front can you see a park ?
how long is walk i am disabled (slow walker short distance at a time)
do you get maps of the park when you check in yr hotel we are getting there a day early , hoping t o see city walk is that a walk to also?
are there charactors walking around to get autographs? we are doing scary night too . i dont know why i cant even watch scary movies , but i do like walking dead always want to try something new i am so excited , wew are a wdw family so i am scoping things out for my grandkids we uaslly take them with us , but not this time again thanks for all ou help i ve learded lots here for our next booking if we like it

hold on tight to your dreams!
huckster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 02:06 PM   #2
heidijanesmith
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by huckster View Post
i know i ask alot of questions sorry but i am over excited and nervouse
we are staying at HRH so when you walk out to the front can you see a park ?
how long is walk i am disabled (slow walker short distance at a time) You can not see the park from the front or the rear of the hotel. The easiest way to get to the parks is from HRH's pool. If you walk through the pool you can get to US in about 3min. There is a lovely walking path to US

do you get maps of the park when you check in yr hotel we are getting there a day early , hoping t o see city walk is that a walk to also We did get park maps at check in. When you walk to US, you will see City Walk on your left- US is right. City walk is easily accessible by walking and fun to check out on your check in day

are there charactors walking around to get autographs? we are doing scary night too . i dont know why i cant even watch scary movies , but i do like walking dead always want to try something new I have not been to US during Halloween, so I can't answer this one

i am so excited , wew are a wdw family so i am scoping things out for my grandkids we uaslly take them with us , but not this time again thanks for all ou help i ve learded lots here for our next booking if we like it
HRH is very close to US and makes walking there easy and fast. The only time I took the boat launch to City Walk is because I got a blister. Hope you have a great time.

May 2005 AKL Pool view
July 2010 Poly Standard view- WDW and US
Aug 2012 YC Pool view- WDW, US and BG
Oct 2013 Poly Cl Lagoon view- WDW and US
Oct 2014 BW CL BW View- WDW and US

The Smith's take on the Poly- TR
heidijanesmith is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-11-2012, 05:25 PM   #3
ARIELvsURSULA
Mouseketeer

We stayed at RPR in March and it was about a 10 minute walk, we took the boat a couple of times cause our feet were already worn down from 4 days at Disney. But the mornings we walked it was still very quick and there was a nice path to follow with a lot of interesting flowers and plants. We're staying at HRH in December and it's much closer, maybe 3-5 minutes depending where in the hotel you are. Everything feels very close together, the parks are definitely setup to make park hopping simple if you choose to do that. We're doing 4 days this time with just US/IoA and we figure 2 days in each park is more than enough to not need the park hop. Some people like to bounce around though and they make it very easy! Citywalk is just outside both the parks and a lot of fun to explore if you're not too tired after the parks close. Honestly, we did not go to City Walk at ALL last trip, we were too exhausted at the end of the day. But I plan to remedy that this trip! You're going to have a blast, staying onsite makes it feel so inclusive and luxurious. The express pass made everything feel like we were VIP.
ARIELvsURSULA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 05:29 PM   #4
ARIELvsURSULA
Mouseketeer

Oh, and there are definitely characters wandering around to get autographs from. Bullwinkle photobombed our picture with Scooby and Curious George swung around on a lightpole in the background of our picture with Lucille Ball lol! Unless you are talking specifically about the horror nights guys, that I can't say one way or the other as I've never been.
ARIELvsURSULA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 01:43 PM   #5
bopper
Which way to the Hundred Acre Woods?
I have been in VMK since day 1 and am still playing!

There are boats and also most likely pedicabs that could take you over.
Old 09-19-2012, 08:10 PM   #6
beaprn
Mouseketeer

You might want to checkout the motorized scouters from an off site company to get around easier if you have a problem with walking. The off site companies are alot cheaper than USO esp if you need it multi days and they will deliver it to the hotel. Just a thought since you mention being disabled and a slow walker. These are great for getting around.
beaprn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 10:08 PM   #7
huckster
DIS Veteran

thanks i rent offsite for WDW a scooter, i was hoping to go slow and rent a wheel chair at park if needed also is i t walking distance to islands of adventure also

hold on tight to your dreams!
huckster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 10:21 PM   #8
Planogirl
I feel the nerd in me stirring already
Oh well, let's look on the bright side
If I hadn't been so wiped out I would have kissed my anesthesiologist

It's walking distance to both parks but whether it's too much depends on you. Don't hesitate to take the boat launch if you need to but there is still some walking from the drop off since you are actually taken to Citywalk.

Picture the two parks and Citywalk in kind of a V shape. At the top points of the V are the two parks and at the bottom point is Citywalk. The walk can be kind of far simply because the sites are big but it's all very convenient.

Here is the map on the Universal website to give you some perspective:
http://www.universalorlando.com/Imag...cm13-20826.pdf
Old 09-20-2012, 02:25 PM   #9
mauisam
Earning My Ears

That 'V' visualization is genius! If you take the boat you are dropped off at the point of the 'V'. HRH is closer to Universal and RPR is closer to Islands. I'd say it about 5-10minutes between the entrance plazas of the 2 parks.
mauisam is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: