Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Universal Studios/Sea World > Universal Orlando Resorts & Hotels
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-11-2012, 11:22 AM   #1
patster734
Proud Redhead>
Not the sad bluehead

Beer Dinner in Jake's American Bar on Friday, October 5

Has anyone else heard of the Beer Dinner on Friday, October 5 at Jake's American Bar at RPR? I received loewshotels email advertising the Beer Dinner, along with PBH's Harbor Nights and HRH's Velvet Sessions. Unfortunately, no price was displayed for the Beer Dinner. There was a number to call for information, but when I called it, the person wasn't sure of the price and suggested I call back after 5pm and speak with the manager.

Has anyone else received the email? Anybody planning on going? It sounds fun to me. I've searched both universalorlando and loewshotels for more information but couldn't find additional information.

Plans to skip HHNs this year in favor of attending the Christmas holiday activities.

Last edited by patster734; 09-11-2012 at 11:32 AM.
patster734 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 02:59 PM   #2
JessicaR
DIS Veteran
I wanna shoot aliens in the AM too!
The Grinch is rude in a funny sorta way
run to the hams!

Apparently this was originally scheduled for this month but cancelled and rescheduled for October - It was $50.00 but any new info states price TPD.

Beer Dinner - September 1, 2012 6:00 - 8:00 pm *This event has been postponed until October. A specific date will be added as soon as it's announced.
Jake's American Bar at Royal Pacific Resort

This is the inaugural dinner for this event, where Universal wil partner with Orlando Brewing to provide "Fresh from Florida" certified organic beers. A four-course dinner will be served, including pork loin, chicken and waffles, surf and turf and desserts. Each course will be paired with a different locally-brewed specialty beer. Four-course dinner with beer pairings: $50. Self-parking is free; valet parking is $5. Click here for reservations or call 407-503-3445.
JessicaR is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-11-2012, 04:07 PM   #3
patster734
Proud Redhead>
Not the sad bluehead

Thank you, Jessica! Although this sounds fun, $50 is probably more than we're willing to spend. Also, with Friday night being our last night before heading home Saturday morning, we might elect to have our last dinner at The Latin Quarter.

Plans to skip HHNs this year in favor of attending the Christmas holiday activities.
Old 09-11-2012, 11:09 PM   #4
JessicaR
DIS Veteran
run to the hams!

Quote:
Originally Posted by patster734 View Post
Thank you, Jessica! Although this sounds fun, $50 is probably more than we're willing to spend. Also, with Friday night being our last night before heading home Saturday morning, we might elect to have our last dinner at The Latin Quarter.
Maybe they are thinking of lowering the $. I think they would sell better if they did.

Latin Quarter sounds like a great way to end a trip though! If you do try the beer dinner would love to hear about it when you return.)
Old 09-11-2012, 11:44 PM   #5
patster734
Proud Redhead>
Not the sad bluehead

Quote:
Originally Posted by JessicaR View Post
Maybe they are thinking of lowering the $. I think they would sell better if they did.

Latin Quarter sounds like a great way to end a trip though! If you do try the beer dinner would love to hear about it when you return.)
My wife said that we could still do the Beer Dinner, but she's limited on how much she can eat so wouldn't get the $50 out of it. I'll check with the others in the group for their opinion. If we do the Beer Dinner, I'll review it.

Old 09-20-2012, 11:07 AM   #6
JessicaR
DIS Veteran
run to the hams!

In case you haven't seen this already - Nice menu but they actually raised the price by $5.00

Friday, October 5, from 6:00 - 8:00 pm

Join us as we kick off our inaugural Beer Dinner event, where you'll enjoy a four-course dinner featuring Sous vide pork loin, chicken and waffles, braised beef short ribs and scallops, and dark chocolate fudge cake with salted caramel and pecan crunch. Each course will be paired with a different Cigar City Brewing craft beer selected by our award-winning chefs.

Four-course dinner with beer*: $55
Old 09-20-2012, 12:46 PM   #7
patster734
Proud Redhead>
Not the sad bluehead

Quote:
Originally Posted by JessicaR View Post
In case you haven't seen this already - Nice menu but they actually raised the price by $5.00

Friday, October 5, from 6:00 - 8:00 pm

Join us as we kick off our inaugural Beer Dinner event, where you'll enjoy a four-course dinner featuring Sous vide pork loin, chicken and waffles, braised beef short ribs and scallops, and dark chocolate fudge cake with salted caramel and pecan crunch. Each course will be paired with a different Cigar City Brewing craft beer selected by our award-winning chefs.

Four-course dinner with beer*: $55
Thanks! I received that email earlier today. Although the menu sound good, I don't know if it justifies the $55 price tag. I suspect that we'll wait until that Friday to decide. No benefit of having a reservation, except that it might sell out, but if it does, that means that it just wasn't meant to be.

Old 09-20-2012, 02:02 PM   #8
AlexandNessa
Proud Redhead
Does anyone know what I'm talking about?
Must sleep barefoot
HEY EVERYONE...THIS IS A SECRET...SHE HATED THE MUMMY MOVIE

I saw it on FB. Their last post about it was on 9/13 and it still says "Details Coming Soon!"

Disappointed that it conflicts with our RIP Tour. We would totally go!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: