Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Global Neighbours > Disneyland Paris Trip Planning & Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-11-2012, 10:39 AM   #1
Cdaniels1987
Mouseketeer

qustion to any solo trippers out there

Ok so in December it looks like i maybe going to Paris for 4 days for work purposes, however after looking at the timetable one of those days will be completely free and as i will be staying near val d europe, i thought i could sneak a day in at DLP, however i will be on my own and dont know if ill feel stupid! Do many people do DLP on their own? And if anyone has done it, whats your experience of it?
Cdaniels1987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 10:41 AM   #2
JustJonathan
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cdaniels1987 View Post
Ok so in December it looks like i maybe going to Paris for 4 days for work purposes, however after looking at the timetable one of those days will be completely free and as i will be staying near val d europe, i thought i could sneak a day in at DLP, however i will be on my own and dont know if ill feel stupid! Do many people do DLP on their own? And if anyone has done it, whats your experience of it?
GO FOR IT!!

Seriously, many many people do disney on their own and actually a lot of them really enjoy it!

I've seen so many people on their own around the parks and in queue's, it's something no one even seems to look at and at least this way you can do what you want, WHEN you want.

You'd also feel really regretful if you got back from work and hadn't done it!

Disneyland Resort Paris @ Hotel Cheyenne for 4 nights in 2014 - Cast: Me & Mum in June
Disneyland Resort Paris @ Hotel Cheyenne for 4 nights in 2014 - Cast: Me & two friends (one a first timer!) in February
Disneyland Resort Paris @ Sequoia Lodge for 6 nights in 2013 - Cast: Me, Mum & Sister (11) at Christmas in December Golden Forest Room!
Disneyland Resort Paris @ Sequoia Lodge for 4 nights in 2013 - Cast: Me & Mum in June Golden Forest Room!
Disneyland Resort Paris @ Sequoia Lodge for 6 nights in 2012 - Cast: Me, Mum, Sister and a well-aged friend! at Christmas in November/December
Disneyland Resort Paris @ Sequoia Lodge for 4 Nights in 2012 - Cast: Me & A friend's first visit on my first Halloween trip in October!
Disneyland Resort Paris @ Sequoia Lodge for 4 Nights in 2012 - Cast: Me & Mum in June
Disneyland Resort Paris @ Sequoia Lodge for 5 nights in 2011 - Cast: Me, Mum & Sister (9) at Christmas in November/December
Disneyland Resort Paris @ Sequoia Lodge for 3 nights in 2011 - Cast: Me & Mum for my 24th Birthday in May!
Disneyland Resort Paris @ Sequoia Lodge for 4 nights in 2010 - Cast: Me, Mum & Sister (8) at Christmas in November/December
Disneyland Resort Paris @ Sequoia Lodge for 4 nights in 2010 - Cast: Me, Mum & Sister (8) in our First Family Trip in May!
Disneyland Resort Paris @ Sequoia Lodge for 3 nights in 2008 - Cast: Me & Friend in My First Trip in March!
JustJonathan is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-11-2012, 10:46 AM   #3
Carrie_Cat
I'm a Rive Gauche person

I go all the time on my own and it's great fun.

You'll see loads of people doing it and no one looks at you if you've got 2 heads or anything

Have a look at Lindas trs - she's been and stayed twice now on her own

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2656973
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2866129

Life is too short to worry about it - go and have fun

Vive la différence
Carrie_Cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 01:45 PM   #4
singsweetnightingale
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cdaniels1987 View Post
I haven't yet but I will be going to DLP by myself in January!

I went with my friend a couple of weeks ago but a lot of the time we went off on our own. I enjoyed it! You can just do exactly what you want without worrying about other people. I sound selfish But seriously, I did a lot of rides by myself, ate and shopped by myself and had a blast.

Sarah (26) my Disney tumblr
DLP August 2012: Hotel Santa Fe. 5 nights.
DLP January 2013: Sequoia Lodge. 4 nights.
singsweetnightingale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 01:56 PM   #5
DLPDreams
I am like a child in a sweet shop, all hyper on sugar

I haven't done it - wouldn't mind doing it though if I were given half the chance (think DH would have something to say about who is watching the children etc! ).

I would go for it in a heartbeat - maybe it's because I am a woman, but my immediate thought was "ooh, a chance to do some Disney Christmas shopping!" .

DLPDreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 02:15 PM   #6
zavandor
DIS Veteran

I went solo last May, I'll go again solo next december and I even went to Disneyland in California alone for 5 days :D

Being solo is a different experience. I prefere to go with family and friends, but sometimes it's not possible, so you can still enjoy it, in a different way.
Here a few suggestions:
- bring something to entertain yourself in the queues. Maybe a book, load your smartphone with a few games or bring a mobile game console. It's the most boring time when being alone.
- I avoid table service restaurants when alone and go for quick service (there are a lot of good options at DL). However if you want to try a restaurant don't be scared and do it. In this case absolutely bring something to do. When you are alone the service is often faster.
- consider a DL tour
- smell the roses. You have the opportunity to stop when you want to enjoy all those little details that you can oversee when in a group. You'll have plenty of time to do it.
- don't be scared to ask other people to take a picture of you, so you'll have memories of your trip. I'm always happy to take pictures of other people when asked and always found others friendly when I ask it for me.
- use single rider queue. In Paris those are available only in Toy Story Playland, but you can save a lot of time!
zavandor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 06:20 PM   #7
ExpatDisneyLover
DIS Veteran

Location: Currently working for the Mouse in Beijing, China with Disney English.

I have been to DLRP on solo trips four times and I really enjoyed it! I was needing to get a new reentry visa for my country of residence (Turkey) so decided I would go to Disney to do that and it was so much fun ended up buying an annual pass and going three more times.

Disney is a great place to go solo because there is so much to do and it is a safe and comfortable environment for a solo traveler. I chose to do buffet table service meals - and didn't feel weird - the servers were fine and I wasn't made to feel awkward eating on my own. It was at times quiet but it didn't bother me too much. Being able to do what you want whenever you want is a great luxury!

Go and enjoy!
Jill * 1984 DL * 1986 WDW * 1994 Euro Disney * 1996 WDW * 2009 WDW POR * March 2010 DLRP Santa Fe * June 2010 DLRP Magic Circus * November 2010 DLRP Magic Circus * February 2011 DLRP Dream Castle * May 2011 WDW Sheraton Vistana / Hilton Bonnet Creek * September 2011 WDW Night of Joy Hilton DTD * March 2012 WDW Pop * April 2012 WDW AKL * May 2012 WDW SSR *
New Trip Report HKDL http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3323118
Trip Reports WDW and DLRP http://www.disboards.com/showthread....ching+t+shirts
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2419270http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2476348
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....rd+trip+reporthttp://www.disboards.com/showthread....le+trip+report
ExpatDisneyLover is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: