Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland (California)
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-28-2012, 07:28 AM   #1
majermom
majermom

Ramada Inn Maingate

Has anyone recently stayed at this Disneyland Good Neighbor hotel across from the parks? Just curious how your stay was.

Thanks!
Old 09-28-2012, 08:36 AM   #2
yaya74
Mouseketeer

Did you check out this thread? Most recent review on this hotel was a stay in August. http://disboards.com/showthread.php?...ghlight=ramada

Hope it helps.
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-28-2012, 01:50 PM   #3
crystal1313
DIS Veteran

I stayed here in September and July 2012. It was really great. Don't expect it to be GCH or anything, but super nice, clean, quiet and staff is really friendly and helpful. Here is my review:

UPDATE:
This is our second stay at the Ramada since the renovations (last stay in July). My husband and I stayed here 2 nights Sept. 7-8. We arrived at the hotel a little early before check in time, and were very happy to hear they had a room waiting for us! After a 6-hour drive, we wanted to settle in our room. We had a room with 2 double beds. Found a parking spot right in front of the room! The room was a great size and super clean. We loved the large mini fridge and microwave. And the bathroom had a fan, which helped with the showers. Also, there's a large full-length mirror outside the bathroom that I used to finish my hair and make up. Made getting ready a breeze. The beds were comfortable, even though we are used to sleeping in a queen, it still worked great. The room had a connecting door that I was a little concerned about because in past experience at other hotels, you can hear the occupants in the next room. That was not the case here. Very quiet. We were on the ground floor and only heard someone above us once. We are pretty picky about noise and cleanliness and the room far exceeded our expectations.

The distance to Disneyland cannot be beat! Closer then the Disney Resort properties for sure. I like that Tony Roma's and Denny's are so close. Our first trip in July parking was tight, but we still found a spot. This time there was ample parking. And it's FREE! Rare for any of the hotels on Harbor these days.

We also tried out the continental breakfast this time. It was great. We were in a rush both mornings and only grabbed a doughnut, but it was convenient, clean, well stocked and not super crowded!

The staff was wonderful every time we encountered them. Friendly, helpful, making sure we were happy. Check in and check out were quick. No issues with extra charges. Wonderful. House keeping kept the room super clean and well stocked! Special thanks to Jessica for helping us book again! We recommend the property to all of our friends and family.

Overall we had a wonderful time and we've booked a 6 night stay here with our family in December! =)

JULY:
We stayed at the Ramada for 2 nights. We booked our trip last minute and Jessica gave us a fantastic rate. She guaranteed the room for late check in for us, we got a ground floor room that was recently renovated, just like I had requested.

Check in was easy and fast. We found the room quickly, but getting there late had to park far away (which was expected and fine). The next day we were able to move closer to our room. At first, I was a little concerned because our room was right next to the stairs, but the room was quiet. We only heard someone above us once and someone yelled outside the room once, not a big deal at all.

The room itself was very nice with a larger then normal mini fridge and microwave, lots of room for luggage, and 2 double beds. The bathroom was great and nice and clean. The room and carpet was very clean as well! Water pressure was great and lots of hot water the entire time. I'm super picky about cleanliness with 2 little ones and our room was super clean! It passed my test. The beds were pretty comfy too, my hips didn't hurt like normal.

The location to Disneyland cannot be beat. It's a much closer walk then the Disneyland hotels in my opinion. Right across the street. The added bonus is FREE parking and FREE wireless. A lot of other area hotels charge for both. There's also a free breakfast. We never had time to check that out....so I can't comment on that.

The service was great from check inn to all my numerous emails back and forth to Jessica. She made the entire process wonderful. Thank you Jessica!

We are hoping to book another trip at the Ramada in September =)

**We just booked a week stay in December in a deluxe room.

Hope that helps!
crystal1313 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 12:46 AM   #4
Tif
Earning My Ears

A friend of mine stayed there last week. She said it was about a 5 minute walk to the gates and the hotel was awesome. The room was very clean and the pool was great.
Tif is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 12:56 AM   #5
Dink37
Earning My Ears

We stayed there last year, it was great! Close to the parks, clean, very friendly and helpful staff. The pizza place next to the lobby wasn't too bad either. Only had one complaint: the garbage truck. We had a room on the 2nd floor of the north side of the main building. Every morning around around 6:30 a garbage truck would collect the dumpster directly across the parking lot from us. Not a fun way to wake up. Might want to request a room in the other portion of the hotel.

The new pool is nice too!
Dink37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 01:04 AM   #6
Priory
Mouseketeer

I like it a lot. It's inexpensive. The front desk staff is consistently and amazingly nice. The breakfast gets the job done. The walk is easy. The rooms are clean and nice enough. The pool looks to be great fun and above and beyond the standard motel pool. They have a pizza place out front that stays open fairly late, a very good little convenience store, and a shop to buy tickets for various socal destinations. There is also a scooter rental, if that is of use to you. I found the Internet to be a tad slow, but that wasn't a huge concern for me. There is also free parking (which I have heard is no longer a "given" at local motels/hotels).

I stayed there in May, July, and have it booked for December as well.
Priory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 10:06 PM   #7
majermom
majermom

Thanks to all who replied. Although we travel often and have stayed in several different hotel/motels, I'm picky when it comes to cleanliness. I usually travel with a can of Lysol but this is our first flying experience traveling with carry on bags only (4 day weekend trip) so I don't think I'm going to be able to bring it. But if it's a nive hotel I should be good Thanks again for all the imput!!!!!!!!!!
Old 09-30-2012, 12:38 PM   #8
Crazy4Disney72
DIS Veteran

I am really happy to read all these great reviews! My husband and I are staying here for our 20th anniversary trip to DL. We are booked for a deluxe king with jacuzzi tub. 123 days until the trip, can't wait!!

18 trips to WDW, 7 trips to DL
Crazy4Disney72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 10:42 PM   #9
rramstad
Mouseketeer

Do a search, you'll find my comments on our stay in July.

I think it represents a great value especially if you want a good pool, and a decent breakfast (better than a continental breakfast, but not some huge buffet, still, quite decent) and are willing to compromise a bit with somewhat older (but clean) rooms and a "motel" type layout with exterior doors.

VERY close to Disneyland.

For a while they were offering upgraded rooms at standard room price if you booked through their web site... we did that. Not sure how many old "standard" rooms they have, but I've heard that there are some non renovated rooms that aren't as nice as the renovated ones...

Clean, close, reasonably priced... recommended!
rramstad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 10:57 PM   #10
sandy6879
DIS Veteran

We stayed there last year in a non-upgraded room. From that experience, I wouldn't stay there again - ever. If you do choose to, definitely ask for the remodeled rooms -- ours was absolutely disgusting, door didn't close all the way, carpet was wet and stayed that way for hours, car alarms going off at all hours of the night directly outside our door, and it went on and on. I have seen people who were in the renovated rooms have a better experience.
sandy6879 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 11:43 AM   #11
rramstad
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandy6879 View Post
We stayed there last year in a non-upgraded room. From that experience, I wouldn't stay there again - ever. If you do choose to, definitely ask for the remodeled rooms -- ours was absolutely disgusting, door didn't close all the way, carpet was wet and stayed that way for hours, car alarms going off at all hours of the night directly outside our door, and it went on and on. I have seen people who were in the renovated rooms have a better experience.
Just curious, did you complain? I would think that with the door not closing and the problem with the carpet, they'd put you in a different room, probably at no additional charge.

(I suppose if you were just there for one night it might not have been worth the trouble to move.)
rramstad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 07:18 PM   #12
sandy6879
DIS Veteran

I did. They said they'd send someone over to check it out and no one showed up. They did show up for the initial call about lightbulbs missing from the lamps, and that was prompt, but didn't for the second call.
sandy6879 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: