Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-28-2013, 01:01 PM   #571
skayrobe
Mouseketeer

Tip

I have twomore tips on cruising Disney.

The first is the Martini tasting. I think the cost is 15 dollars. It was so worth it on the Magic but only if the girl is teaching it. I learned way more about gin and vodka on that tasting than I did on the Wonder with Jesus ( he was from Cartegna Columbia)

Second tip is the Art of the Theme Show Tour. I hope they have it on a four day cruise. Its adult only and so great. It is a free tour and is a tour of the ship. They talk about how well planned out every detail of the ship, nothing on the ship was not considered even the Mickey hands above the elevators showing you the floors. I went twice on my Panama Canal Cruise.

I am already planning my activities and haven't even got our navigators yet.

Helping the granddaughters pack tonight. Sherry
skayrobe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 02:14 PM   #572
ginamc
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by ekatiel View Post
Bad news: DS6 has the flu!!! We got him Tamiflu today, and we got some as a prophylactic for my DS8. DH and I will get scripts tomorrow for Tamiflu, also. I called DCL, and as long as he doesn't have fever by Friday, he can sail. The doc at the urgent care place told my DH that he should be ready to go back to school Wednesday or Thursday, so hopefully, he'll be good to go. We do have trip insurance if we need to cancel. I hope we can still sail. We're playing it by ear right now. --Katie
Oh man! We went through this over Spring Break last year. Our son came down with the flu the week of the cruise we were planning on taking, so we had to cancel. It was such a disapppointment! I wish you all the best!!
ginamc is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-28-2013, 06:12 PM   #573
twokats
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by skayrobe View Post
I have twomore tips on cruising Disney.

The first is the Martini tasting. I think the cost is 15 dollars. It was so worth it on the Magic but only if the girl is teaching it. I learned way more about gin and vodka on that tasting than I did on the Wonder with Jesus ( he was from Cartegna Columbia)

Second tip is the Art of the Theme Show Tour. I hope they have it on a four day cruise. Its adult only and so great. It is a free tour and is a tour of the ship. They talk about how well planned out every detail of the ship, nothing on the ship was not considered even the Mickey hands above the elevators showing you the floors. I went twice on my Panama Canal Cruise.

I am already planning my activities and haven't even got our navigators yet.

Helping the granddaughters pack tonight. Sherry
I have done the Art of the Theme Show Tour on the Wonder and you are right in how well it is thought out. The tour was very informative and a good way to learn our way around the ship.

DCL (Wonder, Eastern Caribbean) January 2016: DCL (Wonder, Bahama) December 2015: DCL (Magic, Southern Caribbean & Repo B2B), VWL - October 2014: AKL (Jambo Concierge), DCL (Fantasy, Eastern Caribbean) - September 2014: VWL - Dec 2013: DL (Grand Californian), DCL (Wonder, LA/Galveston PC Repo) - Sept 2013: DCL (Magic, Cozumel) - Feb 2013: VWL - Sept 2012: VWL, DCL (Fantasy, Western Caribbean) - May 2012: AKV, SSR - Dec 2011: DCL (Wonder, NYE Eastern Caribbean) - Dec 2010/Jan 2011: AKV, SSR - Dec 2009: AKV, DCL (Wonder, Bahama), VWL - May/June 2009: VWL - 2007: WL - 2004: WL - 2001: Dixie Landing - 1998: Offsite - 1987

twokats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 06:39 PM   #574
skayrobe
Mouseketeer

Galveston

I heard on nightly Houston news tonight that this Friday kicks off Galveston annual Mardi Gras celebrations. We are driving from our house in Houston and I think we will leave a little earlier than we had planned. It usually takes us approx 45 minutes to get on the island but because of traffic on a Friday it once took us two and one half hours. For those of you driving in you can check traffic on www.houstontranstar.com. Click on real time. Green is great, red awful.
The celebrations on the island seem to start around 5 pm. I think we have one of us who lives on the island, maybe she can advise us as to traffic. Sherry
Old 01-28-2013, 10:28 PM   #575
tgch123
Mouseketeer

Madmommy17

I talked to Meliza (madmommy17) and she won't be making the cruise. Her military son made it home and they will be spending time with him.
DCL Magic Feb 2013
tgch123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 10:45 PM   #576
cstaci27
Earning My Ears

Traffic?!?!?!

Quote:
I heard on nightly Houston news tonight that this Friday kicks off Galveston annual Mardi Gras celebrations. We are driving from our house in Houston and I think we will leave a little earlier than we had planned. It usually takes us approx 45 minutes to get on the island but because of traffic on a Friday it once took us two and one half hours. For those of you driving in you can check traffic on www.houstontranstar.com. Click on real time. Green is great, red awful.
The celebrations on the island seem to start around 5 pm. I think we have one of us who lives on the island, maybe she can advise us as to traffic. Sherry
Well now I'm nervous... We are driving down from San Antonio Friday morning. It's 4 hours with no big cities (traffic) in between so I figured we'd be fine. We were already planning on leaving early but now I don't know what we'll get when we get closer to galveston. If anyone can give me an idea of what we're dealing with I'd really appreciate it.
cstaci27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 10:48 PM   #577
twokats
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tgch123 View Post
I talked to Meliza (madmommy17) and she won't be making the cruise. Her military son made it home and they will be spending time with him.
Thanks for letting us know. I will take her off the list and with that we have a total room listing.

I am not stressing about the traffic since we are driving down Thursday and spending the night on the island.

Getting Closer.

DCL (Wonder, Eastern Caribbean) January 2016: DCL (Wonder, Bahama) December 2015: DCL (Magic, Southern Caribbean & Repo B2B), VWL - October 2014: AKL (Jambo Concierge), DCL (Fantasy, Eastern Caribbean) - September 2014: VWL - Dec 2013: DL (Grand Californian), DCL (Wonder, LA/Galveston PC Repo) - Sept 2013: DCL (Magic, Cozumel) - Feb 2013: VWL - Sept 2012: VWL, DCL (Fantasy, Western Caribbean) - May 2012: AKV, SSR - Dec 2011: DCL (Wonder, NYE Eastern Caribbean) - Dec 2010/Jan 2011: AKV, SSR - Dec 2009: AKV, DCL (Wonder, Bahama), VWL - May/June 2009: VWL - 2007: WL - 2004: WL - 2001: Dixie Landing - 1998: Offsite - 1987

Old 01-28-2013, 10:56 PM   #578
twokats
DIS Veteran

OK, took madmommy17 off the list. All it really effects is the stateroom count, since there were no children involved. Anyway, the latest and greatest is up in the cloud. See everyone soon.

Old 01-28-2013, 11:29 PM   #579
skayrobe
Mouseketeer

Traffic

Our check in time is 11:30 to 12:00 . Since it usually takes us approx. 45 min we have decided to leave a wee bit before 10. Morning rush will be over so I think we will be fine. Our parking lot is right across from the ship. We are very comfortable with our selected time. Anyone else have some info please let us know. Sherry

Last edited by skayrobe; 01-29-2013 at 11:04 AM.
Old 01-29-2013, 12:08 AM   #580
Syd Macs Mom
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by tgch123 View Post
Thanks so much for the update. I am sorry that she will not be able to join us - but if you have to cancel a cruise - I would say this is a really great reason to do so.

Only three more days!
Syd Macs Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 03:40 PM   #581
deltapilotwife
Mouseketeer

Ok...I can't find it...where are we meeting on Friday and when?

Thanks!

deltapilotwife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 05:10 PM   #582
skayrobe
Mouseketeer

Promenade Lounge

Hi. We are meeting on Deck 3 the Promenade Lounge at 3 pm. See you there. Sherry
Old 01-29-2013, 07:23 PM   #583
mstee777
Mouseketeer

Only three more days until its time to start planning the next cruise. I've been so busy lately that I hadn't had a chance to get excited until now. Now to finish packing and get through the next two work days. See you all onboard!
mstee777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 08:01 PM   #584
slesco
Earning My Ears

Mardi Gras

Quote:
Yes, we are fairly new residents to the island and this will be our first Mardi Gras! From the websites I have checked events don't begin till 5pm! Next weekend will draw more people than this weekend. My advice is if the traffic is backed up at the Harborside exit to come on down broadway. You can turn at the first light after you come off the freeway and go up to Harborside! I would check where your parking lots are and familarize your self with the streets around! If you are traveling from afar you will want to get gas for your car before you get to the island! It can be significantly more expensive on the island (race track was 3.25 for regular today)! Let me know if you have any further island questions and I will do my best to help out!
slesco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 10:27 PM   #585
twokats
DIS Veteran

Was going to get my packing all done today, but work got in the way again. I am finally finishing all the FE gifts. Hope I am not forgetting anything.

Hopefully all the packing will be accomplished tomorrow morning before I go to work. Finishing the laundry right now. Also have to pick up the last minute odds and ends tomorrow before work. Guess I better get the list ready so I won't forget anything. Then if I do my usual, I will forget the list!!!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: