Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-19-2013, 09:05 AM   #466
slesco
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by twokats

We board at 11:00 and I know the kids will be ready to see what their dad, sister and I have been talking about!!
My girls still don't have a clue! Hoping I can pack without them figuring it out!
slesco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 09:13 AM   #467
slesco
Earning My Ears

Weather

It is a beautiful morning here in Galveston! Hope this is the weather we have the morning of departure!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-19-2013, 09:38 AM   #468
smithzer1
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by slesco

My girls still don't have a clue! Hoping I can pack without them figuring it out!
Haha! The comment I posted was for slesco! Sorry for posting as a response to your post twokats and again Awesome Job on keeping the cruise a secret slesco! =]
smithzer1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 04:13 PM   #469
Texas Disney Fan
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by slesco View Post
It is a beautiful morning here in Galveston! Hope this is the weather we have the morning of departure!
Completely agree. We were talking about that this morning. After all the rain and cold that we have had here in SE Texas, this weather is a nice change and hoping it continues.
June 2004 * Wilderness Lodge (sons first visit) --- June 2005 * Wilderness Lodge --- June 2006 * Beach Club Resort --- November 2006 * Beach Club Resort --- May/June 2007 * Yacht Club --- June 2008 Land & Sea * Animal Kingdom Lodge, Polynesian and Disney Wonder 3 nights --- December 5, 2008 * Beach Club Resort --- ]une 13, 2009 * Disney Magic 7 nights --- June 4 to 18, 2010 * Bay Lake Towers --- June 12 to 17, 2011 * Disney Dream --- December 16-20, 2011 * Bay Lake Towers --- May 31 to June 11 2012 * Aulani --- February 1-5, 2013 * Disney Magic --- June 15, 2013 * Disney Fantasy 7 night Eastern Caribbean
Looking forward to many more with DH (dbenlee) and DS14!!
Texas Disney Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 03:56 PM   #470
skayrobe
Mouseketeer

72 degrees

What a beautiful day here in Houston. I just saw in my car that it is a whopping 72 degrees. Here's hoping we have that on Febr 1. We might actually be able to swim on sail away day. I did notice on our last cruise they kept the pools at around 88 degrees but it was the brisk wind getting out of the pool that got me chilled. Sherry
skayrobe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 05:00 PM   #471
TXmomoftwinsplus1
Earning My Ears

Last Minute Fish Extender?

Hello! We are looking forward to our first Disney cruise. We are bringing our 5 year old twin boys- who don't even know we are going yet (going to make it a last minute surprise!) Our baby girls is going to be staying behind with her grandparents.

Since this is our first Disney Cruise, I wasn't aware of the fish extender program until I just started looking at these boards. It sounds like something my boys would really enjoy. I know the group on this board is closed. Does anyone know of any other boards, or another way, we can join in on a fish extender group?

Thanks!
TXmomoftwinsplus1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 08:26 PM   #472
skayrobe
Mouseketeer

Fe

I still have extra so I can add you to my list. You can not send a pm( personal message) until you have 10 posts. But as soon as you do you can pm me your names, room number and ages of the kids. Sherry
skayrobe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 09:24 PM   #473
TXmomoftwinsplus1
Earning My Ears

Thanks so much, Sherry! We are the Holmes':

Angie
Frank
Payton (M) (5)
Jackson (5)
Cabin 6568

Any other takers?

I have a couple of questions for you veterans out there.

Parking-- where's the best place? And are there coupons online for some?

Cozumel-- My husband and I have been there several times on cruises but this was all before kiddos when we usually spent time at the beach and Carlos n Charlies . What is the best thing to do there with two five year olds in tow? I'm thinking the ocean is going to be too chilly this time of year??

TIA!!!
TXmomoftwinsplus1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 09:24 PM   #474
slesco
Earning My Ears

Cruise newbie question: How does gratuity work on the ship? Looked through my paperwork tonight (in my closet so the kids didn't catch me)😄!
Old 01-20-2013, 09:28 PM   #475
twokats
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXmomoftwinsplus1 View Post
Hello! We are looking forward to our first Disney cruise. We are bringing our 5 year old twin boys- who don't even know we are going yet (going to make it a last minute surprise!) Our baby girls is going to be staying behind with her grandparents.

Since this is our first Disney Cruise, I wasn't aware of the fish extender program until I just started looking at these boards. It sounds like something my boys would really enjoy. I know the group on this board is closed. Does anyone know of any other boards, or another way, we can join in on a fish extender group?

Thanks!
The way it works this is THE board. The only way to have a group is if any of the members have some extra from theirs to include you. Skayrobe has already noted she can add you. I think my two rooms can add you since I am still in the middle of things (I know I have to kick it up a notch or two and get finished!!!). I will add another note at the bottom of the FE list for y'all and that will at last give you a small taste of it and hopefully you will enjoy and have more cruises and chances to get into the fun. I warn you that most cruises have their FE deadline a month before sailing as we did.

If any others can add this group post and I will keep up with it.

TXmomoftwinsplus1, I need your family information (names, ages of kids and stateroom #).
Any other questions, please ask away.

DCL (Wonder, Eastern Caribbean) January 2016: DCL (Wonder, Bahama) December 2015: DCL (Magic, Southern Caribbean & Repo B2B), VWL - October 2014: AKL (Jambo Concierge), DCL (Fantasy, Eastern Caribbean) - September 2014: VWL - Dec 2013: DL (Grand Californian), DCL (Wonder, LA/Galveston PC Repo) - Sept 2013: DCL (Magic, Cozumel) - Feb 2013: VWL - Sept 2012: VWL, DCL (Fantasy, Western Caribbean) - May 2012: AKV, SSR - Dec 2011: DCL (Wonder, NYE Eastern Caribbean) - Dec 2010/Jan 2011: AKV, SSR - Dec 2009: AKV, DCL (Wonder, Bahama), VWL - May/June 2009: VWL - 2007: WL - 2004: WL - 2001: Dixie Landing - 1998: Offsite - 1987

twokats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 09:31 PM   #476
twokats
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Thanks so much, Sherry! We are the Holmes':

Angie
Frank
Payton (M) (5)
Jackson (5)
Cabin 6568

Any other takers?

I have a couple of questions for you veterans out there.

Cozumel-- My husband and I have been there several times on cruises but this was all before kiddos when we usually spent time at the beach and Carlos n Charlies . What is the best thing to do there with two five year olds in tow? I'm thinking the ocean is going to be too chilly this time of year??

TIA!!!
You answered as I was writing. I will get with you in the next day or so and give you some additional information.

I was told by another member of our group that Lighthouse Parking was good. I looked at their website and the pics are good and all spaces are covered parking. I have a reservation with them for our time period.

DCL (Wonder, Eastern Caribbean) January 2016: DCL (Wonder, Bahama) December 2015: DCL (Magic, Southern Caribbean & Repo B2B), VWL - October 2014: AKL (Jambo Concierge), DCL (Fantasy, Eastern Caribbean) - September 2014: VWL - Dec 2013: DL (Grand Californian), DCL (Wonder, LA/Galveston PC Repo) - Sept 2013: DCL (Magic, Cozumel) - Feb 2013: VWL - Sept 2012: VWL, DCL (Fantasy, Western Caribbean) - May 2012: AKV, SSR - Dec 2011: DCL (Wonder, NYE Eastern Caribbean) - Dec 2010/Jan 2011: AKV, SSR - Dec 2009: AKV, DCL (Wonder, Bahama), VWL - May/June 2009: VWL - 2007: WL - 2004: WL - 2001: Dixie Landing - 1998: Offsite - 1987

Old 01-20-2013, 09:34 PM   #477
smithzer1
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by twokats

You answered as I was writing. I will get with you in the next day or so and give you some additional information.

I was told by another member of our group that Lighthouse Parking was good. I looked at their website and the pics are good and all spaces are covered parking. I have a reservation with them for our time period.
I can add you as well
smithzer1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 09:35 PM   #478
twokats
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by slesco View Post
Cruise newbie question: How does gratuity work on the ship? Looked through my paperwork tonight (in my closet so the kids didn't catch me)��!
The day before the last night of the cruise they will leave envelopes in your room that gives the amount for each cm in question. You can let it be charged to your room or I think you can go to the service desk and take care of it, especially if you want to add extra, or you can put extra cash in the envelope also. Then you take the dining staff envelopes with you to your last dinner and give it to them at that time and I leave my room host on my bed when I go to dinner and that way he gets it when he does my room that night. That is my experience, anyway.

Old 01-21-2013, 09:38 AM   #479
tgch123
Mouseketeer

Fog

It is Extremely foggy in Houston today, I hope we don't have any of this in 11 days!!!
DCL Magic Feb 2013
tgch123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 09:45 AM   #480
cstaci27
Earning My Ears

Quote:

TIA!!!
We have a reservation with EZ cruise parking. There is a discount when you use coupon code: Disney. It was $36 for the 4 days.
cstaci27 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: