Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 01-13-2013, 05:19 PM   #391
twokats
DIS Veteran
 
twokats's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Texas
Posts: 1,286

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAW Hayden View Post
Hi everyone!
We recently found out that my son Hayden's Make-A-Wish trip has been confirmed, we're going on a DISNEY CRUISE!!! We leave on Feb. 1st and Hayden is so excited, almost EVERY comment out of his mouth starts with "When we go on the Disney cruise..." As excited as we are, I have a ton to do and figure out before the big day! Have any of you out there sailed with someone in a wheelchair? Any tips? He mostly uses it when he needs to walk for extended periods or the ground is uneven. He will also have his walker with him. Any activity suggestions for a 6 yr old boy with limited mobility? Also, researching the cruise I saw a bit about the Fish Exchange. I know it's close to the sail date, but Hayden and his brother would LOVE to be a part of this. Does anyone know if they can still be included? Thanks for any tips or suggestions from all of the experianced Disney Cruisers out there!
Heather
As you can tell, from a few previous posts, I will have yours as a seperate FE entry. Since we closed it at the first of the year only those that are still working on them can add another family. When I know who is doing what I will send you a list so that you know who is including you and your family. How old is the brother?

As far as the wheelchair question, on our NYE 2010 cruise we took my mother's wheelchair. She could walk short distances, but we used it quite a bit. We started out storing it in our hallway in the room, but soon switched to keeping it just outside the stateroom door whenever we were in the room and at night. A lot of people with strollers did the same thing. The servers in the dining room would find somewhere to put it while we ate so that she was able to sit more comfortably in the dining chair. The main issue for us was elevators. Sometimes people are pushy and it can take a couple of waits to get on an elevator. The midship elevators are the worst, so if you are able to go to the forward or aft elevators, they are not as crowded. But there are still a lot of good people out there that are courteous for wheelchairs and the handicapped. I look forward to meeting Hayden. Two of my children that will be with me are handicapped. They are both adult now, but they are very special to me. Clay is spina bifida and we will be leaving his wheelchair (which we use at WDW) at home since he will have 3 of his siblings to hang on to. He will probably have his cane, he just has to take things slow and be able to hold on to something or someone. Kati is cerebral palsy and it is a job to keep up with her. Her main disability is speech and fine motor control.
Back to the wheelchair. Depending on which excursions you take if any, there are alot that do not allow for wheelchairs, be sure and double check on those.

As far as the FE, I will keep up with who can add you (my two rooms will be able to) and sometime later tonight or tomorrow, I will send you the document which will give you the details.
I will need your family info (ages of boys and y'alls names) plus your stateroom number.

Again, welcome can't wait to meet on the cruise and visit here on the board. Ask any questions you need, someone will probably know the answer.
__________________
Kathy

DCL (Wonder, Eastern Caribbean) January 2016: DCL (Wonder, Bahama) December 2015: DCL (Magic, Southern Caribbean & Repo B2B), VWL - October 2014: AKL (Jambo Concierge), DCL (Fantasy, Eastern Caribbean) - September 2014: VWL - Dec 2013: DL (Grand Californian), DCL (Wonder, LA/Galveston PC Repo) - Sept 2013: DCL (Magic, Cozumel) - Feb 2013: VWL - Sept 2012: VWL, DCL (Fantasy, Western Caribbean) - May 2012: AKV, SSR - Dec 2011: DCL (Wonder, NYE Eastern Caribbean) - Dec 2010/Jan 2011: AKV, SSR - Dec 2009: AKV, DCL (Wonder, Bahama), VWL - May/June 2009: VWL - 2007: WL - 2004: WL - 2001: Dixie Landing - 1998: Offsite - 1987

twokats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 05:31 PM   #392
mstee777
Mouseketeer
 
mstee777's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 201

I can add MAW Hayden as well.
mstee777 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 01-13-2013, 05:58 PM   #393
Amorgan710
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by ekatiel View Post
I can add y'all in, too .



Can you tell me Kaitlyn and Jordyn's favorite princesses? They can choose from Ariel, Belle, Aurora, Cinderella, Jasmine, and Snow White . If Kaitlyn is not into princesses anymore, she can choose a pink pirate skull instead, just let me know.--Katie
Thank you so much for adding us!! I am really looking forward to this. Kaitlyn likes Belle and Jordyn likes Cinderella.
Amorgan710 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 06:30 PM   #394
slesco
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAW Hayden
Hi everyone!
We recently found out that my son Hayden's Make-A-Wish trip has been confirmed, we're going on a DISNEY CRUISE!!! We leave on Feb. 1st and Hayden is so excited, almost EVERY comment out of his mouth starts with "When we go on the Disney cruise..." As excited as we are, I have a ton to do and figure out before the big day! Have any of you out there sailed with someone in a wheelchair? Any tips? He mostly uses it when he needs to walk for extended periods or the ground is uneven. He will also have his walker with him. Any activity suggestions for a 6 yr old boy with limited mobility? Also, researching the cruise I saw a bit about the Fish Exchange. I know it's close to the sail date, but Hayden and his brother would LOVE to be a part of this. Does anyone know if they can still be included? Thanks for any tips or suggestions from all of the experianced Disney Cruisers out there!
Heather
So excited for you and your family! I can definitely add your family to FE exchange! Can you let me know how old your boys are!
slesco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 07:01 PM   #395
Amorgan710
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 6

I can add MAW Hayden too!!
Amorgan710 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 07:12 PM   #396
Tandemomma
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Texas
Posts: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by slesco View Post
Still waiting on cruise documents...anyone else? I am starting to get nervous....we only have 19 days till our magical trip begins! My oldest is working on our FE gifts right now! She thinks we are making them for a friend. I had to let her help as she designed them all and was having a blast making them! I feel like such a bad mom telling a short lie as to who they are for....it will all be worth it when we tell them about the trip and she will be excited she got to help!
We have not received ours either.
Is there any way to look up our room assignment online?
Tandemomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 07:13 PM   #397
Tandemomma
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Texas
Posts: 26

We can add MAW.
Tandemomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 07:19 PM   #398
tgch123
Mouseketeer
 
tgch123's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 87

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAW Hayden View Post
Hi everyone!
We recently found out that my son Hayden's Make-A-Wish trip has been confirmed, we're going on a DISNEY CRUISE!!! We leave on Feb. 1st and Hayden is so excited, almost EVERY comment out of his mouth starts with "When we go on the Disney cruise..." As excited as we are, I have a ton to do and figure out before the big day! Have any of you out there sailed with someone in a wheelchair? Any tips? He mostly uses it when he needs to walk for extended periods or the ground is uneven. He will also have his walker with him. Any activity suggestions for a 6 yr old boy with limited mobility? Also, researching the cruise I saw a bit about the Fish Exchange. I know it's close to the sail date, but Hayden and his brother would LOVE to be a part of this. Does anyone know if they can still be included? Thanks for any tips or suggestions from all of the experianced Disney Cruisers out there!
Heather
Welcome!!
We can add you also!!!
__________________
Courtney
DD7 DS4
WDW ASM June 2009
DCL Magic Feb 2013
tgch123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 07:37 PM   #399
MAW Hayden
Hayden's Make-A-Wish Trip!
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 7

We can add y'all, too ! I'm glad your little man is getting his wish ! I have a six year old boy, too-- his name is Aidan (I also have an eight year old, Brendan !). --Katie[/QUOTE]

Thanks so much! My other son Conor is 9. We are all so excited!
MAW Hayden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 07:46 PM   #400
MAW Hayden
Hayden's Make-A-Wish Trip!
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by twokats View Post
As you can tell, from a few previous posts, I will have yours as a seperate FE entry. Since we closed it at the first of the year only those that are still working on them can add another family. When I know who is doing what I will send you a list so that you know who is including you and your family. How old is the brother?

As far as the wheelchair question, on our NYE 2010 cruise we took my mother's wheelchair. She could walk short distances, but we used it quite a bit. We started out storing it in our hallway in the room, but soon switched to keeping it just outside the stateroom door whenever we were in the room and at night. A lot of people with strollers did the same thing. The servers in the dining room would find somewhere to put it while we ate so that she was able to sit more comfortably in the dining chair. The main issue for us was elevators. Sometimes people are pushy and it can take a couple of waits to get on an elevator. The midship elevators are the worst, so if you are able to go to the forward or aft elevators, they are not as crowded. But there are still a lot of good people out there that are courteous for wheelchairs and the handicapped. I look forward to meeting Hayden. Two of my children that will be with me are handicapped. They are both adult now, but they are very special to me. Clay is spina bifida and we will be leaving his wheelchair (which we use at WDW) at home since he will have 3 of his siblings to hang on to. He will probably have his cane, he just has to take things slow and be able to hold on to something or someone. Kati is cerebral palsy and it is a job to keep up with her. Her main disability is speech and fine motor control.
Back to the wheelchair. Depending on which excursions you take if any, there are alot that do not allow for wheelchairs, be sure and double check on those.

As far as the FE, I will keep up with who can add you (my two rooms will be able to) and sometime later tonight or tomorrow, I will send you the document which will give you the details.
I will need your family info (ages of boys and y'alls names) plus your stateroom number.

Again, welcome can't wait to meet on the cruise and visit here on the board. Ask any questions you need, someone will probably know the answer.
Thank you so much for all the info! This will be the first time that we've traveled since his diagnosis this past February. Such a HUGE learning curve. Hayden is 6 and our other son Conor is 9. This is also my first time in a forum, so I hope I'm posting and replying correctly!
MAW Hayden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 07:51 PM   #401
slesco
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tandemomma View Post
We have not received ours either.
Is there any way to look up our room assignment online?
We have our reservation number and were able to get on the Disney cruise website and get our room number.
slesco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 08:55 PM   #402
Tandemomma
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Texas
Posts: 26

Thanks so much! I was ale to go on and get mine! Thanks for letting me know.
Tandemomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 09:02 PM   #403
mboeker
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 14

Spreadsheet

Can someone please send the link to the spreadsheet so that I can see any changes?? Please!!
mboeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 09:24 PM   #404
Syd Macs Mom
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 61

Count us in - we can add MAW Hayden!

Welcome to our group! We are getting sooooo excited - it will be here before we know it!

As always - thanks so much TWOKATS (Kathy) I really appreciate you keeping all this straight for everyone!
Syd Macs Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 09:44 PM   #405
slesco
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tandemomma View Post
Thanks so much! I was ale to go on and get mine! Thanks for letting me know.
Yeah! I completed all our pre-registration and stuff as well!
slesco is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:17 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.