Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-04-2013, 03:25 PM   #256
twokats
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by slesco View Post
Expert cruisers: advice needed on sea sick medicine... Sea bands/bonene/Dramamine..... Do we take before just in case?
We took Dramamine before our first cruise, but really did not feel any effects, so we just make sure we have it on hand for each of our subsequent cruises.
DH did take some on a really rough day on our 2010/2011 NYE cruise, but the rest of us were fine. He was better by that evening.

DCL (Magic, Southern Caribbean & Repo B2B), VWL - October 2014: AKL (Jambo Concierge), DCL (Fantasy, Eastern Caribbean) - September 2014: VWL - Dec 2013: DL (Grand Californian), DCL (Wonder, LA/Galveston PC Repo) - Sept 2013: DCL (Magic, Cozumel) - Feb 2013: VWL - Sept 2012: VWL, DCL (Fantasy, Western Caribbean) - May 2012: AKV, SSR - Dec 2011: DCL (Wonder, NYE Eastern Caribbean) - Dec 2010/Jan 2011: AKV, SSR - Dec 2009: AKV, DCL (Wonder, Bahama), VWL - May/June 2009: VWL - 2007: WL - 2004: WL - 2001: Dixie Landing - 1998: Offsite - 1987

twokats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 04:21 PM   #257
moecrespo
Earning My Ears

I can't PM... I am still earning my ears and I know you (sydmac Mom) sent me a message.. but no can do. Moe Crespo
moecrespo is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-04-2013, 04:25 PM   #258
moecrespo
Earning My Ears

Fish Exchange

Ok. I can see the list... (Thank you for putting it together).. now.. What do we do. I read through some of the posts and it looks as though you put some little gifts into the pockets.. do we do this for each person on the cruise participating? or is it broken down into groups or what? Please let me know. The beginner!
moecrespo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 05:41 PM   #259
Syd Macs Mom
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by moecrespo View Post
I can't PM... I am still earning my ears and I know you (sydmac Mom) sent me a message.. but no can do. Moe Crespo
Hey - no worries - I sent you another pm with my email address!

Thanks!

Jana
Syd Macs Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 05:49 PM   #260
dbenlee
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Expert cruisers: advice needed on sea sick medicine... Sea bands/bonene/Dramamine..... Do we take before just in case?
I get motion sick riding in the back seat of a car so I always take Less Drowsy Dramamine before boarding and then I take it the second day most of the time. After that I get acclimated to what ever motion is felt and will only take more if the wave action really increases. I'm not sure I always need the medication but I take it beforehand just in case and have only come close to motion sickness once when seas were 12 to 15 feet and the was a lot of rolling motion.
June 2004 * Wilderness Lodge (sons first visit) --- June 2005 * Wilderness Lodge --- June 2006 * Beach Club Resort --- November 2006 * Beach Club Resort --- May/June 2007 * Yacht Club --- June 2008 Land & Sea * Animal Kingdom Lodge, Polynesian and Disney Wonder 3 nights --- December 5, 2008 * Beach Club Resort --- ]une 13, 2009 * Disney Magic 7 nights --- June 4 to 18, 2010 * Bay Lake Towers --- [COLOR="Red"]June 12 to 17, 2011 * Disney Dream --- December 16-20, 2011 * Bay Lake Towers --- May 31 to June 11 2012 * Aulani --- February 1-5, 2013 * Disney Magic --- June 15, 2013 * Disney Fantasy 7 night Eastern Caribbean --- November 24, 2013 * Disney Magic 5 night Western Caribbean --- June 10-14, 2014 * Aulani
Looking forward to many more with DW (Texas Disney Fan) and DS14!!

DISDad member #2

dbenlee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 06:59 PM   #261
tgch123
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Ok. I can see the list... (Thank you for putting it together).. now.. What do we do. I read through some of the posts and it looks as though you put some little gifts into the pockets.. do we do this for each person on the cruise participating? or is it broken down into groups or what? Please let me know. The beginner!
Moe- you pretty much do what you can. I found things for everyone so everyone in the cabin will get something. You can do one thing for the whole cabin or something for everyone. There is a post in the main board that talks about fe gifts if you need some ideas.
DCL Magic Feb 2013
tgch123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 07:39 PM   #262
twokats
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Moe,
Go back to page two and on my post #19 I listed several threads and such that will give you an idea. As said, the gift is totally up to you, whether it be one per cabin or person. No rules or regulations and I have appreciated all given to me and so forth and so on.
Read some of those links and if you have any other questions, let us know.

DCL (Magic, Southern Caribbean & Repo B2B), VWL - October 2014: AKL (Jambo Concierge), DCL (Fantasy, Eastern Caribbean) - September 2014: VWL - Dec 2013: DL (Grand Californian), DCL (Wonder, LA/Galveston PC Repo) - Sept 2013: DCL (Magic, Cozumel) - Feb 2013: VWL - Sept 2012: VWL, DCL (Fantasy, Western Caribbean) - May 2012: AKV, SSR - Dec 2011: DCL (Wonder, NYE Eastern Caribbean) - Dec 2010/Jan 2011: AKV, SSR - Dec 2009: AKV, DCL (Wonder, Bahama), VWL - May/June 2009: VWL - 2007: WL - 2004: WL - 2001: Dixie Landing - 1998: Offsite - 1987

twokats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 08:03 PM   #263
ekatiel
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Andrew (my DH) gets motion sick VERY easily. He takes 2 meclazine (the less drowsy version of Dramamine) every evening before bed, beginning the night before the cruise. I will start to take it if I feel a little funny, but I only take one pill. We bring regular dramamine for the kids (meclazine is only for ages 12+), Brendan (my eight year old) recently started getting motion sick also, so he will probably need it some this trip. When the kids were really young, we brought liquid benadryl (it has some anti-motion sickness properties) just in case.

One medication we will NEVER use again is the patch. It blurs our vision horribly. The last time I used it, my vision did not go back to normal until a week after I took it off! --Katie
Old 01-04-2013, 08:31 PM   #264
ginamc
Earning My Ears

Motion sickness

Quote:
Originally Posted by ekatiel View Post
Andrew (my DH) gets motion sick VERY easily. He takes 2 meclazine (the less drowsy version of Dramamine) every evening before bed, beginning the night before the cruise. I will start to take it if I feel a little funny, but I only take one pill. We bring regular dramamine for the kids (meclazine is only for ages 12+), Brendan (my eight year old) recently started getting motion sick also, so he will probably need it some this trip. When the kids were really young, we brought liquid benadryl (it has some anti-motion sickness properties) just in case.

One medication we will NEVER use again is the patch. It blurs our vision horribly. The last time I used it, my vision did not go back to normal until a week after I took it off! --Katie
Speaking of the patch, I recently had surgery and discussed the patch with my anesthesiologist. He said the same thing about it causing blurry vision. He agreed to let me use it during surgery, but he said to be sure to remove it the next morning. I usually use 1/2-1 dramamine as needed.

It's getting closer!!
ginamc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 09:50 PM   #265
jenerra11
Mouseketeer

Bought the less drowsy Dramamine for the Dream and my husband and I slept the entire day...I kid you not!! We did eat breakfast but after that, it was a wrap! Can't even imagine taking the regular formula.....probably would sleep the whole sailing time. I will try the sea bands this time.

Last edited by jenerra11; 01-08-2013 at 03:51 AM.
jenerra11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 10:02 PM   #266
bcdavi
Earning My Ears

FE Gifts

Hi all! So excited to meet everyone!

I just wanted to let everyone know that although we have two staterooms with two adults in each, we would be very happy with "kiddie" type FE Gifts. We have 7 children between the two couples and think it would be fun to bring back FE momentos to them.

Now back to making all of mine.....

Brenda and Tim Davi #5524
Kelly and Jeramie Worley #5522
Old 01-05-2013, 09:43 AM   #267
tgch123
Mouseketeer

Looking at the FE list, we are still waiting on 6 stateroom numbers right?

I just finished all of mine but who knows I will probably find some more stuff I can't pass up lol
DCL Magic Feb 2013
tgch123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 10:22 AM   #268
Syd Macs Mom
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by tgch123 View Post
Looking at the FE list, we are still waiting on 6 stateroom numbers right?

I just finished all of mine but who knows I will probably find some more stuff I can't pass up lol
That is what I have - I think some folks just don't have their room numbers yet - thanks so much for getting us all organized, Kathy! I also still need some last names, please. I am making a little something that needs the family name - otherwise your FE gift will be very generic....

Thanks a bunch!

Jana
Syd Macs Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 10:36 AM   #269
skayrobe
Mouseketeer

Cabin number

We are still waiting on our cabin numbers hope to have them by next week. It's getting close, so excited. Sherry
skayrobe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 02:34 PM   #270
skayrobe
Mouseketeer

Green apples

Althiugh I have never tried it myself I have heard from other passengers that green apples are a sure cure for seasickness on the ship. And I have noticed there are green apples available at the Topsiders Buffet on Deck 9. Sherry
skayrobe is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: