Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-01-2013, 02:01 PM   #211
skayrobe
Mouseketeer

Princess

Quote:
Originally Posted by ekatiel View Post
For those participating in the FE exchange : I need to know each of the young girls' (age 8 and under) favorite princess. They can chose from Ariel, Cinderella, Aurora, Snow White, Belle, and Jasmine . I also need their names. It's for their little FE gift . --Katie
Maddie 6 -Ariel
Tori 4- Ariel

We have watched Little Mermaid several times during Christmas. Thanks Sherry
skayrobe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 02:25 PM   #212
Tandemomma
Earning My Ears

Just booked our first Disney cruise for Feb 1st! Can you tell me what an FE is and what we need to do to participate?
Tandemomma is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-01-2013, 02:49 PM   #213
twokats
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by twokats View Post
We will accept staterooms for the exchange til about 30 days before we sail. If we have any that join after that it will be up to the individuals concerned. On our last cruise we had about 5 join after the cutoff date and some were able to add them to their list and others could not. Some do a customized gift that requires time plus a lot of effort and that is the reason we try to have a cutoff date.

It is totally up to you how the gifts are done. Some do a stateroom gift, others do something for the kids in the room along with something special for the adults - the only limit is your budget. Please don't worry if it is not much. I have received many different things from bookmarks, magnets, themed cups and coseys (those things that can go around a canned drink) and little bags of various candies. I have also received things that people have done that were state specific and also country (some past cruises have included new friends from Canada).

I have found a lot of threads on the DIS that give great ideas for the FE and gifts plus magnets.
These are the ones I follow and believe me there is a lot of great pictures and information. Be prepared to spend a lot of time on these.

This one is called Homemade FE Gifts (Part 2)
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2907032
What do you make for your vacation
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2179996
Fish extender gift ideas for the not so crafty
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2473209
Fish extenders?
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1219607
Homemade FE gifts photo thread
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1980639
Fish extender gifts
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1774643

These are two individual posts that give the basic concept behind the FE and the directions for the no-sew FE. I have made 2 and pretty much followed the directions with a few modification to suit me. Any questions please let me know and I will try to help. I am in the process of making another for this trip. My first one had four pockets my last one only had two pockets and this one will have three pockets.

FE 101 Basics http://www.disboards.com/showpost.ph...81&postcount=2
Directions to make a no-sew FE http://www.disboards.com/showpost.ph...&postcount=609

This is a great one for magnets and milliepie (one of the disigners) is great! She has done a few for me and I will probably get her to do one for this cruise also.
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2897587

This one is the Creative Disigns thread which has a lot of disigners that do a lot more than magnets. But most of the disigners give their photobucket accounts and such that you can go look at and get ideas and other things.
http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=105

I know I have overloaded you here and don't think you have to read all of them. It took me a while to find them all, so save them for future use, and I hope it answers some of your questions.

Again, to the group and I look forward to getting to know you and everyone else in our group!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tandemomma View Post
Just booked our first Disney cruise for Feb 1st! Can you tell me what an FE is and what we need to do to participate?
So glad you are joining us. I have referenced the post where I explained a little about the FE which is similar to a secret Santa, where we have a hanging with pockets hanging on the fish which is outside our stateroom doors. Member of the exchange give out gifts as explained above.

If you want to join I need to know now since I am sending out the list to the group tonight. Then we will consider the FE group closed. We will need members of the family names and ages of children and if girl or boy. We will also need your stateroom number.

If you have any other questions ask away!!!

DCL (Magic, Southern Caribbean & Repo B2B), VWL - October 2014: AKL (Jambo Concierge), DCL (Fantasy, Eastern Caribbean) - April 2014: VWL - Dec 2013: DL (Grand Californian), DCL (Wonder, LA/Galveston PC Repo) - Sept 2013: DCL (Magic, Cozumel) - Feb 2013: VWL - Sept 2012: VWL, DCL (Fantasy, Western Caribbean) - May 2012: AKV, SSR - Dec 2011: DCL (Wonder, NYE Eastern Caribbean) - Dec 2010/Jan 2011: AKV, SSR - Dec 2009: AKV, DCL (Wonder, Bahama), VWL - May/June 2009: VWL - 2007: WL - 2004: WL - 2001: Dixie Landing - 1998: Offsite - 1987

Last edited by twokats; 01-01-2013 at 08:57 PM.
twokats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 03:08 PM   #214
Tandemomma
Earning My Ears

Kathy I just pm on last name. Thank you so much! I'm very excited.

I did have one other question about the kid's club. I saw a post about signing kids up for the club. Do we have sign them up ahead of time or we just show up and sign them in?
Old 01-01-2013, 03:17 PM   #215
Syd Macs Mom
Earning My Ears

Hello Tandemomma - welcome to the group! I am the one who needs the last names, please. Can you pm me? I have a little something that I am making - nothing too big - but it does need your last name, please.

Can't wait - we cruise in one month!
Syd Macs Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 03:21 PM   #216
twokats
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Kathy I just pm on last name. Thank you so much! I'm very excited.

I did have one other question about the kid's club. I saw a post about signing kids up for the club. Do we have sign them up ahead of time or we just show up and sign them in?
[QUOTE=Syd Macs Mom;47048501]
Quote:
Kathy I just pm on last name. Thank you so much! I'm very excited./QUOTE]

Hello - welcome to the group! I am the one who needs the last names, please. Can you pm me? I have a little something that I am making - nothing too big - but it does need your last name, please.

Hate to bust bubbles, but Tandemomma, you don't have enough posts to be able to pm us. I can pm you but until you get 10 posts, they do not allow you to pm any of us. I will pm you my email so that you can let me know your info and I will let Syd Macs Mom know from that!!

DCL (Magic, Southern Caribbean & Repo B2B), VWL - October 2014: AKL (Jambo Concierge), DCL (Fantasy, Eastern Caribbean) - April 2014: VWL - Dec 2013: DL (Grand Californian), DCL (Wonder, LA/Galveston PC Repo) - Sept 2013: DCL (Magic, Cozumel) - Feb 2013: VWL - Sept 2012: VWL, DCL (Fantasy, Western Caribbean) - May 2012: AKV, SSR - Dec 2011: DCL (Wonder, NYE Eastern Caribbean) - Dec 2010/Jan 2011: AKV, SSR - Dec 2009: AKV, DCL (Wonder, Bahama), VWL - May/June 2009: VWL - 2007: WL - 2004: WL - 2001: Dixie Landing - 1998: Offsite - 1987

Old 01-01-2013, 03:24 PM   #217
tgch123
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syd Macs Mom View Post
Hello Tandemomma - welcome to the group! I am the one who needs the last names, please. Can you pm me? I have a little something that I am making - nothing too big - but it does need your last name, please.

I don't think she can pm if she hasn't made a certain amount of posts. I know I couldn't send any Pm's until I had made like 10 posts
DCL Magic Feb 2013
tgch123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 03:24 PM   #218
Tandemomma
Earning My Ears

I just pm it to you. A month! We only booked about a week ago on a whim. Very excited.
Old 01-01-2013, 03:29 PM   #219
twokats
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tgch123 View Post
I don't think she can pm if she hasn't made a certain amount of posts. I know I couldn't send any Pm's until I had made like 10 posts
No, she can receive, but not pm herself.

Quote:
I just pm it to you. A month! We only booked about a week ago on a whim. Very excited.
I just pm'd you my e-mail, keep posting to us today and get up to 10 posts and you will have the quota to pm yourself.

Old 01-01-2013, 03:33 PM   #220
Tandemomma
Earning My Ears

Great. Thanks!
Old 01-01-2013, 03:36 PM   #221
Syd Macs Mom
Earning My Ears

[QUOTE=twokats;47048552]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Syd Macs Mom View Post

Hate to bust bubbles, but Tandemomma, you don't have enough posts to be able to pm us. I can pm you but until you get 10 posts, they do not allow you to pm any of us. I will pm you my email so that you can let me know your info and I will let Syd Macs Mom know from that!!
Hey Kathy - thanks so much for your help! I am new to DIS too so I did not know about that 10 post rule.

Happy 2013!
Syd Macs Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 03:39 PM   #222
tgch123
Mouseketeer

Welcome Tandemomma! How many kids do you have and what are their ages?
DCL Magic Feb 2013
tgch123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 03:41 PM   #223
Tandemomma
Earning My Ears

Thanks

We have two little ladies named Taylor 6 and Erica 4.

We do not have our state room number yet.
Old 01-01-2013, 04:51 PM   #224
Tandemomma
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by ekatiel View Post
For those participating in the FE exchange : I need to know each of the young girls' (age 8 and under) favorite princess. They can chose from Ariel, Cinderella, Aurora, Snow White, Belle, and Jasmine . I also need their names. It's for their little FE gift . --Katie
Hi Katie!
My girls are Taylor (6) who would love Ariel and my youngest is Erica (4) who is a big fan of Belle.
Thanks- Shannon
Old 01-01-2013, 06:30 PM   #225
ekatiel
DIS Veteran

Thanks for the princess replies, guys ! Tandemomma, ! I've added your little princesses, too ! ONE month. I can't wait!! --Katie

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: