DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > DVC-Mousecellaneous
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-11-2012, 06:53 AM   #1
DisneyRegulars
DIS Veteran

Does the Excitement Ever Wear Off?

We're coming up on our third DVC trip this year, and I'm having a very hard time keeping my excitement in check. Extensive DisBoarding and countdown checking are some of my major symptoms. This is our first year with DVC and due to buying resale we had to use up a bunch of banked points this year ultimately resulting in 4 trips in one year. It has surprised me that after two trips already this year that I'm still excited to go. So how long have you owned your DVC and are you still excited to go back to Disney each time? If not, when did the excitement start wearing off?

Trip report from our first DVC trip: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2864556
Plus our Anniversary Vacation: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2954701
Trip report with a potty training toddler: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2987412
I survived a trip with MIL: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3040750
A Magic Kingdom Ultimate Tour Adventure http://www.disboards.com/showpost.ph...92&postcount=1
First trip with Magic Bands http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3170056
Post Holiday Trip Report http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3201404
Non-Fancy Fanatics at VGF http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3268362
Sept '03 (All Star Sports, DH's first trip) || March '04 (Travelodge) || March '05 (Star Island) || XMAS '06 (All Star Vacation Home) || March '07 (POP, Deluxe Dining Plan) || March '09 (POP) || June '09 Disney Land || April '11 (All Star Vacation Home, DS's first trip-14m) || January '12 (OKW, first DVC trip) || July '12 (Boardwalk, Anniversary Trip) || Sept '12 (AKV) || Jan '13 (AKV) || July '13 (SSR, Anniversary Trip) || September '13 (SSR) || January '14 (Boardwalk, AKV) || May '14 (VGF and Expedition Everest Challenge)
DisneyRegulars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 07:46 AM   #2
dvcterry
DIS Veteran

a nice big WELCOME! where is your home resort? we have owned for over 10 years and love every single moment of it. so many memories and we look forward to every trip home. i wish the same for you!
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-11-2012, 07:55 AM   #3
jennylyn_b
Disney Fan for Life :)

We bought our original contract at SSR in July 2009 and gave added on twice since then. We go twice a year and we are beyond excited every time! Between trips we plan, research and countdown.....only 39 days! We haven't regretted dvc for a second and we talk about going elsewhere for about 5 minutes LOL Disney is where we want to be!

Posted from DISboards.com App for Android
jennylyn_b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 07:59 AM   #4
bobbiwoz
I'm happy to dance with you
I have 2 opinions
We had tried usual things to keep them away, including something like coyote urine, it is sold in hardware stores by us

We've owned since '03. Then, we had a Cruise booked out of Miami in December, and we just couldn't bear being in Florida and not going to Disney, so we changed flights and times and went to VWL right after the cruise. We were so excited. Our DGS was born on that day, our first DVC stay, December 19, 2003!

My next trip is just a 3 nighter in October, and I'm as excited as I can be! DH only has 2 nights on this coming up trip, and we're happy for what we can get. He retires next April, I retire in December, we're looking forward to longer trips together.

That DGS's family has since moved to Florida. We invite them for weekends, and DH and I will be able to stay through the week and the next once we are retired!

Bobbi
Old 09-11-2012, 08:16 AM   #5
Jousey
Dis Dad #694
All I can think of is a pole dancer
Is there a pill for this condition or do I just keep up the cycle of going to Disney

I hope the excitement does not wear off. I love Disney and so does the wife

Jousey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 08:54 AM   #6
DizBub
Totally Addicted

It's been 3 years of DVC and 6 trips and still excited.

Looking forward to our trip in 3 weeks with family.
DizBub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 08:56 AM   #7
marynvince
DIS Veteran

It only gets worse

sorry to say the excitement does not wear off.
marynvince is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 08:59 AM   #8
ajf1007
DIS Veteran

Though we've only been members for 4 years, we go every year with a few quick stays at HHI as well. So far, my excitement today is just as crazy as the first time! I think it's because we do something new every year, whether it's a new tour, restaurant, guests, ride, or whatever!

I can't see it every wearing off when things are always changing and there are always new things to see and do. THe only thing that we have done differently is take our time. We don't commando anything since we know we'll be back and we take more time to enjoy our surroundings, explore different things and actually just relax!
ajf1007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 09:10 AM   #9
LSchrow
We're eating brussel sprouts & asparagus on the budget board
(pulling up a chair) I like drunk & happy better...

we've been going at least 2x a year since we bought in january 1999 (and many non-dvc years prior).
the excitement has definatly not worn off! our family dynamics have changed (DD & DS grew up), and we travel differently tho. it used to be all about the rides and attractions, now we relax, lay by the pool, play minigolf, stroll the parks, shop, watch entire street shows, go to the arcade, meet up with friends (and sometimes make new ones).
i love being able to spend time with DH (oct trip), as well as 27yo DD (may trip) - 22yo ds still wants to go, but has little vaca time.
we are fortunate to enjoy one another as friends, not just because we are related. owning DVC has given us the time to spend together
Old 09-11-2012, 09:28 AM   #10
dianeschlicht
DVC-Trivia Contest, Apr-2006: Honorable Mention
DIS Earth Angel :)
I promise not to plot against the showering
today I can only think of bubbles :o

We have owned DVC for over 15 years, and NO, the excitement does NOT wear off! We still get excited with each trip, and with when to plan each trip.
Old 09-11-2012, 09:51 AM   #11
Disjunky
New DVC Junkie

It will never wear off. Aside from it being Disney, its vacation. And its disney. Lol. My wife and i bought in 09 and willbe staying for 3rd time in a dvc. BLT is home but staying at SSR cause i booked on mothers day as a "last minute" trip. Lol nervous staying somewhere new but its nervous excitement. Can not wait. 32 days
DVC member

August 2001, August 2002, September 2003, August 2004, September 2005, August 2007, September 2008, January 2010, December 2011, October 2012
Disjunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 10:05 AM   #12
chipdale74
Mouseketeer

Congrats!! The excitement never wears off. My dh told me I could buy whatever I wanted on our Disney honeymoon so I decided to buy the vacation club. We went 5 times in less than 1.5 years. It never gets old!!!!

mike : maddie samicasey
chipdale74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 10:28 AM   #13
peabody58
I'm just a drummer in a R&R Band!!

For use, the excitement evolves. DVC has helped us learn how to relax on vacations again. Our vacation planning is now also taking into account other options to optimize our points and budget. The planning process continues to be a rush, and we are always planning 18 - 24 months out.

IMO, too much Disney can result in a short-term drop in excitement. We are countering this by taking 15-20 month breaks between our 'AP 25-30 day Years'. We are looking at US/SW/LL trip during the Disney break, and possibly throw a cruise in for good measure.

We are limited by time and to a small extent, money while planning our vacations. Disney will always per a the top pick, but to avoid Disney burnout, we are mixing things up a bit. However our 'AP Year' starts in Oct, and we have 28 days booked at the World.
Old 09-11-2012, 10:34 AM   #14
IggyLans
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyRegulars View Post
We're coming up on our third DVC trip this year, and I'm having a very hard time keeping my excitement in check. Extensive DisBoarding and countdown checking are some of my major symptoms. This is our first year with DVC and due to buying resale we had to use up a bunch of banked points this year ultimately resulting in 4 trips in one year. It has surprised me that after two trips already this year that I'm still excited to go. So how long have you owned your DVC and are you still excited to go back to Disney each time? If not, when did the excitement start wearing off?
We have owned DVC since 2007, and still excited to go each, and everytime. We have 2 WDW trips planned, one in November and another one over New Year's, and one to VB over Spring Break/Easter next year. I hope the excitment never wears off.

'96CBR; '05ASMo; '06CBR; '07POFQ; '07DVC!; '08SSR; '09BWV; '10VB; '10BCV; '11VB; '11SSR; '11BWV; '12VB/SSR/Cruise;
'12AK/BWV; 1/13BWV/OKW; 3/13VB; 11/13DCL/BWV; 1/14SSR-10K; 3/14 VB; 7/14 AKL/BWV
IggyLans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 10:56 AM   #15
keishashadow
Proud Redhead
When you gotta go, you gotta go ... it's a girl thing
Hmmm, I lust
I TOLD YOU SO!

Even when we do non-disney centered trips, I attempt to work in 'the magic' for a day or two @ WDW or DL if we're in the general area. If not, no matter how great of a time i'm having, I catch myself on the trip wondering what i'd be doing at disney instead

keishashadow is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: