Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > The College Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-30-2012, 05:46 PM   #91
RapunzelRapunzel
All it takes is faith and trust and a little bit of pixie dust...

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadiStan91 View Post
That's crazy!! I've covered plenty of times for co-workers, but not that many! Have you had your phone interview yet? and what are your 3 choices?
Haha, yeah I feel awful when I don't cover for my co-worker but she would never return the favor if I were to call her in the same amount of times or so last minute like she does. So I am hopeful that with Disney its less of that, and more scheduled times and not too much of the last minute call ins.

I did, my top three roles were Merchandise, QSFB and attractions/custodial. I couldn't make a decision on the last one, and thought that I would rather take custodial over attractions because to walk around the parks for work just seemed pretty neat!

I got accepted for QSFB so I guess I was lucky to get one of my choices. What are your top choices?
Old 09-30-2012, 07:04 PM   #92
MadiStan91
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by RapunzelRapunzel View Post
Haha, yeah I feel awful when I don't cover for my co-worker but she would never return the favor if I were to call her in the same amount of times or so last minute like she does. So I am hopeful that with Disney its less of that, and more scheduled times and not too much of the last minute call ins.

I did, my top three roles were Merchandise, QSFB and attractions/custodial. I couldn't make a decision on the last one, and thought that I would rather take custodial over attractions because to walk around the parks for work just seemed pretty neat!

I got accepted for QSFB so I guess I was lucky to get one of my choices. What are your top choices?
I think Disney will be more structured; I mean, they have 60,000 employees so if they're not, I'd be surprised. I want to work so I can actually come home with some money, but I've actually never been to WDW--I've only been to Disneyland--so I want to explore the parks (especially Magic Kingdom, and New Fantasyland when it opens).

My top three are Concierge, Merchandise and Photo/attractions. I've really been thinking about it and I really want Merchandise, since I have some experience there, but I just want to get in haha! I heard QSFB is a great area to work in!
MadiStan91 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-30-2012, 09:02 PM   #93
RapunzelRapunzel

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadiStan91 View Post
I think Disney will be more structured; I mean, they have 60,000 employees so if they're not, I'd be surprised. I want to work so I can actually come home with some money, but I've actually never been to WDW--I've only been to Disneyland--so I want to explore the parks (especially Magic Kingdom, and New Fantasyland when it opens).

My top three are Concierge, Merchandise and Photo/attractions. I've really been thinking about it and I really want Merchandise, since I have some experience there, but I just want to get in haha! I heard QSFB is a great area to work in!
Make sure you mention that you have experience in merchandising then, it does help. I think that's why I was placed in QSFB, because I have some experience there.

I won't have a car down there so I will save money in gas automatically. But I do plan on saving money too. I of course want to spend as much time in the parks as possible so I don't know how well the saving money plan will work out.

I cannot wait for the new Fantasyland. I was actually supposed to be in WDW the week I check in anyway. Me and my mom were planning a trip together for my birthday. We had reservations for Be Our Guest which I won't be able to go to! So I am hoping that while I am there I get to eat there haha.

Last edited by RapunzelRapunzel; 10-02-2012 at 04:16 PM.
RapunzelRapunzel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 03:57 AM   #94
AnnaS

The puppy has now left the building and I am exhausted
Will you be rolling?
I can't wait to try them all

What is QFSB?

Also - for everyone accepted - how many of you will have a car there? TIA

Upcoming/planned trips:
March - SSR
October BCV F & W - 4 N. DCL Dream Double Dip

DCL '01 Eastern, '03 Western, '05 West Coast Cruise ºoº '07 11 N. Med. Cruise, '13 Western
WDW - CBR, POR, POP, OKW, BWV, BCV, AKV, VWL, HH & VB, SSR,
AnnaS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 07:01 AM   #95
RapunzelRapunzel

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnaS View Post
What is QFSB?

Quick Service Food and Beverage =)
Old 10-01-2012, 08:12 AM   #96
KidGoofy
This
Loves Pierogies
Just remember VMK is still always watching you
i worship devan

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnaS View Post
What is QFSB?

I haven't gotten accepted yet but I will definitely be bringing a car if I do get accepted.
Old 10-01-2012, 08:44 AM   #97
MadiStan91
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by RapunzelRapunzel View Post
Make sure you mention that you have experience in merchandising then, it does help. I think that's why I was placed in QSFB, because I have some experience there.

I won't have a car down there so I will save money in gas automatically. But I do plan on saving money too. I of course want to spend as much time in the parks as possible so I don't know how well the saving money plan with work out.

I cannot wait for the new Fantasyland. I was actually supposed to be in WDW the week I check in anyway. Me and my mom were planning a trip together for my birthday. We had reservations for Be Our Guest which I won't be able to go to! So I am hoping that while I am there I get to eat there haha.
I will mention it. I've applied to the program prior to my retail experience and I didn't get in, so hopefully thiswill give me a bit of an advantage over what I had last time!

I keep debating about taking my car. Like I want to be able to go wherever I want without having to rely on the bus transportation (I want to get to a beach while I'm down there haha!) but I know it's gonna be a hassle getting my car down there and learning to navigate. But I'll cross that bridge when I come to it!

Awww, that stinks that you can't go to Be Our Guest with your reservation! But maybe they'll do something special for the Castmembers since it will be a new attraction/restaurant. I'm sure they want the workers to be knowledgable about everything! I'm super excited about New Fantasyland too; Beauty and the Beast is my favorite Disney movie/characters, so I'm thrilled to see what they've come up with!!
MadiStan91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 09:59 AM   #98
pjcooksey1
Earning My Ears

Smile

My daughter has made it past the phone interview. They replied in one week stating that she would hear something by Dec. 14, 2012. Does anyone have a feel for whether this is a good or bad sign? She applied last year and at the very last minute after receiving an email asking if she was still interested, didn't get in. She has her AA degree now and a year of work experience in the restaurant business. We were hoping that would help. Straight A student, Phi Theta Kappa. Good kid. We are both nervous! Insight anyone??
pjcooksey1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 10:37 AM   #99
IrishTink
I do believe in faeries, I do, I do!
Wow i didn't realize how excited i am

Oops -- meant to post in parent's thread!
IrishTink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 09:11 AM   #100
khancock
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjcooksey1 View Post
My daughter has made it past the phone interview. They replied in one week stating that she would hear something by Dec. 14, 2012. Does anyone have a feel for whether this is a good or bad sign?
It is neither. A decision hasn't been made.

Here is an article about the pending status on their blog:
https://disneyprogramsblog.com/?p=2135
khancock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 09:46 AM   #101
hollisterluva92
DIS Veteran

I am!!!! I applied for Spring Advantage 2013 last night! I passed the web interview this morning and scheduled my phone interview for next Wednesday at 11am!!!!! My top three are: Vacation Planner, Costuming, and Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique!

2014--August--MOVING TO FLORIDA FOR GOOD!!
2014--May--Best Friend Trip! All Star Sports
2013-DCP Spring--Entertainment Costuming/Character Performer
2010-Port Orleans Riverside (Mother/Daughter Graduation Trip) (Age 17)
2008-Saratoga Springs (Grandparents & Grandkids) (Age 15)
2007-All Star Music (High School Band Trip) (Age 14)
2004-Animal Kingdom Lodge (Age 11)
1998-Grand Floridian (Age 6 and Brother 6 months)
1997-Grand Floridian (Age 5)
1996-Grand Floridian (Age 4)
1995-Grand Floridian (Age 3)
hollisterluva92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 01:16 PM   #102
Want2B-Imagineer
Earning My Ears

I applied and have my phone interview on Thrusday. I think I am going to apply for Photopass Photographer, Character Attendant, and Costuming, although I am open to Attractions and Main Gate Operations too. Does anyone have any tips for my interview questions I'll be asked on these?
Want2B-Imagineer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 02:40 PM   #103
podicat1
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Want2B-Imagineer View Post
I applied and have my phone interview on Thrusday. I think I am going to apply for Photopass Photographer, Character Attendant, and Costuming, although I am open to Attractions and Main Gate Operations too. Does anyone have any tips for my interview questions I'll be asked on these?
For photopass I got asked about my experience taking pictures and what types of cameras I can work.
Character Attendant, I heard you could get asked How would you react/what would you do if a child was being violent toward a character?" "How would you explain why characters cannot talk?" "How do you explain how characters can get to different places so quickly?"
Attractions: "What is your favorite ride? Why?" "What would you do if a guest was too short to ride Space Mountain?"

And that's about all I can remember for now, hope that helps!
Old 10-02-2012, 04:02 PM   #104
pjcooksey1
Earning My Ears

Yes, I read that article. I was just wondering if any one who had been accepted had a similar experience. Does everyone go in to the pending status after the phone interview? Has anyone been excepted within the initial 2 weeks following the phone interview?
pjcooksey1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 04:30 PM   #105
Musings
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjcooksey1 View Post
Yes, I read that article. I was just wondering if any one who had been accepted had a similar experience. Does everyone go in to the pending status after the phone interview? Has anyone been excepted within the initial 2 weeks following the phone interview?
No, pending is not automatic. You hear back within 2 weeks of your interview, if you are pended, you receive a special email. If you are accepted, you receive a specific email then that usually says "Congratulations!". I was never pended, I received my invitation 2 business days after I interviewed.
Musings is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: