Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > The College Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-27-2012, 09:41 PM   #76
KatMalfoy
"All our Dreams can come true if we have the courage to pursue them" ~Walt Disney :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by grlwonder View Post
Hahaha that's okay, it's very helpful! I also want to do FSFB what other questions did they ask you for that? My other choices are character attendant, hospitality and attractions.
She really didn't ask that many specific questions about FSFB. She really just told me about it and asked if I'd be comfortable having that responsibility (about being the one who places people) and also told me how the hostesses are the first people who the guests see when they come into a restaurant so to be friendly and whatnot. She also said that that role could involve working outside and asked if I had a problem with that (of course not, it's Disney World...) haha. She seemed to really think it was a fun role. She said it was "one of her favorites" ....? haha
Old 09-28-2012, 10:45 AM   #77
podicat1
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMalfoy View Post
Awwww oh my gosh that's so nice!!! That is so awesome that you have your little cheerleaders!! When you get in they can come visit you and go to the parks for free and you can inspire them to do the DCP when they're old enough!!
Oh yeah, they'll love it! One of my older sisters already did the DCP twice and is now working there! So that's even more free passes for them :D

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aspiring View Post
Thank you! How did your phone interview go? (:
You're from Texas? I love it there. I visit Fort Worth a lot.
I still feel really confident in my phone interview. I had answers for everything that was asked and I kept my smile on, even though it's really hard for me not to smile :D And yes, I was raised in Texas. I absolutely love Fort Worth! It's so awesome there! Where are you from!?
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-28-2012, 01:49 PM   #78
Aspiring
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by podicat1 View Post
Oh yeah, they'll love it! One of my older sisters already did the DCP twice and is now working there! So that's even more free passes for them :D

I still feel really confident in my phone interview. I had answers for everything that was asked and I kept my smile on, even though it's really hard for me not to smile :D And yes, I was raised in Texas. I absolutely love Fort Worth! It's so awesome there! Where are you from!?

I'm glad your interview went well! (: I'm from Colorado actually.

"Crowded classrooms and half-day sessions are a tragic waste of our greatest national resource - the minds of our children."
-Walt Disney
Aspiring is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 02:26 PM   #79
jtnasby
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by grlwonder

Hahaha that's okay, it's very helpful! I also want to do FSFB what other questions did they ask you for that? My other choices are character attendant, hospitality and attractions.
I got accepted for FSFB. My interviewer asked me specifically what I would do if I had patrons disgruntled about the wait after being in the park for hours. I said I would make sure to entertain the children (if there were any), as children tend to be the most vocal in their complaints, and that that would make the parents lives easier seeing their children entertained and happier.

Apparently that was the right answer, so keep that in mind
jtnasby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 01:06 AM   #80
KidGoofy
This
Loves Pierogies
Just remember VMK is still always watching you
i worship devan

I got an email saying that I am pending...is that good or bad?
Old 09-29-2012, 02:23 AM   #81
KatMalfoy
"All our Dreams can come true if we have the courage to pursue them" ~Walt Disney :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by KidGoofy View Post
I think it's a little bit of both. Good because you know you didn't just get rejected right there! But bad because you don't know how long you'll have to wait to hear a final decision. Which COULD be a rejection. :/

(I got pended too)
Old 09-29-2012, 02:27 AM   #82
heaven2dc
DIS Veteran

I just got pended too. The email says I should hear by December 14th. Did anyone else have a date listed in their email (and if so, is it the same)?

WDW Trips: March 1997 (BWV), February 2008 (BWV), December 2008 (BWV), Nov/Dec 2010 (BWV)

Disneyland Trips: September 1983, AP Holder July 2013 (twice), August 2013 & November 2013

All Our Dreams Come True If We Have the Courage To Pursue Them - Walt Disney
heaven2dc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 02:30 AM   #83
KatMalfoy

Quote:
Originally Posted by heaven2dc View Post
I just got pended too. The email says I should hear by December 14th. Did anyone else have a date listed in their email (and if so, is it the same)?
Yep, same day. I heard of A LOT of people getting pended today...
Old 09-29-2012, 05:54 AM   #84
AnnaS

The puppy has now left the building and I am exhausted
Will you be rolling?
I can't wait to try them all

Quote:
Originally Posted by KidGoofy View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by heaven2dc View Post
Is this pending status after the phone interview? if so, how soon after your phone interview did you receive the pending notice? TIA.

Upcoming/planned trips:
May - HH
Oct. 2015 - F&W/BCV

DCL '01 Eastern, '03 Western, '05 West Coast Cruise ºoº '07 11 N. Med. Cruise, '13 Western
WDW - CBR, POR, POP, OKW, BWV, BCV, AKV, VWL, HH & VB, SSR,
AnnaS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 10:18 AM   #85
KidGoofy
This
Loves Pierogies
Just remember VMK is still always watching you
i worship devan

I got the same date...and yes it was after the phone interview. I had to wait 2 weeks and 1 day for it. Not that I was counting or anything lol
Old 09-29-2012, 11:35 PM   #86
MadiStan91
Earning My Ears

Hey everyone! My name is Madison and this is my 2nd time applying to the DCP! I applied for Fall 2012 but I unfortunately didn't get accepted; my fingers are crossed for this time around. My phone interview is on Wednesday, and I was wondering if anyone had any advice?

Also, for those that have already gone through the Dcp:
I'm a little nervous because I've heard the program compared to "slave labor" in the fact that they work you inhumane hours. That's not going to deter me because I love Disney, but I'd love some "real" info about the work hours! (my top choices are Conceirge, Merchandise and Photo at WDW!)
MadiStan91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 08:55 AM   #87
RapunzelRapunzel
All it takes is faith and trust and a little bit of pixie dust...

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadiStan91 View Post
Hey everyone! My name is Madison and this is my 2nd time applying to the DCP! I applied for Fall 2012 but I unfortunately didn't get accepted; my fingers are crossed for this time around. My phone interview is on Wednesday, and I was wondering if anyone had any advice?

Also, for those that have already gone through the Dcp:
I'm a little nervous because I've heard the program compared to "slave labor" in the fact that they work you inhumane hours. That's not going to deter me because I love Disney, but I'd love some "real" info about the work hours! (my top choices are Conceirge, Merchandise and Photo at WDW!)
This was my third time applying and finally I was accepted. Never give up! Think happy thoughts! And for your phone interview just take you time with your answers and show your enthusiasm and excitement for Disney.

Now I can't speak from experience about the workload but from what I understand is it is more work than play. I think that most people go down there and think its going to be all fun and playing around the parks rather than actually doing the job. But again, I am not entirely sure. I just figure that I will be working all the time so if that's not the case it will be a pleasant surprise.
Old 09-30-2012, 05:17 PM   #88
MadiStan91
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by RapunzelRapunzel View Post
This was my third time applying and finally I was accepted. Never give up! Think happy thoughts! And for your phone interview just take you time with your answers and show your enthusiasm and excitement for Disney.

Now I can't speak from experience about the workload but from what I understand is it is more work than play. I think that most people go down there and think its going to be all fun and playing around the parks rather than actually doing the job. But again, I am not entirely sure. I just figure that I will be working all the time so if that's not the case it will be a pleasant surprise.
Thanks Rapunzel. I'm really feeling positive about this experience and about my upcoming phone interview. Disney is my dream, and I really won't stop until I get there.

I expect the program to be a LOT of work, and I'm not afraid of it; I guess I'm just not wanting to get taken advantage of, you know? (even though getting taken advantage of by Disney is something I wouldn't mind terribly, haha!)
Old 09-30-2012, 05:48 PM   #89
RapunzelRapunzel
All it takes is faith and trust and a little bit of pixie dust...

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadiStan91 View Post
Thanks Rapunzel. I'm really feeling positive about this experience and about my upcoming phone interview. Disney is my dream, and I really won't stop until I get there.

I expect the program to be a LOT of work, and I'm not afraid of it; I guess I'm just not wanting to get taken advantage of, you know? (even though getting taken advantage of by Disney is something I wouldn't mind terribly, haha!)
I am expecting to be busting my butt working, but I'll be doing so in Disney ya know! Honestly being taken advantage of at work is something I am already familiar with! I had/have co-workers who constantly call me in last minute all of the time. In a span of like 6ish months I was called in to cover for one co-worker 45 plus times. So having a set schedule for working times will actually be wonderful haha.
Old 09-30-2012, 06:34 PM   #90
MadiStan91
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by RapunzelRapunzel View Post
I am expecting to be busting my butt working, but I'll be doing so in Disney ya know! Honestly being taken advantage of at work is something I am already familiar with! I had/have co-workers who constantly call me in last minute all of the time. In a span of like 6ish months I was called in to cover for one co-worker 45 plus times. So having a set schedule for working times will actually be wonderful haha.

That's crazy!! I've covered plenty of times for co-workers, but not that many! Have you had your phone interview yet? and what are your 3 choices?

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: