Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > The College Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-27-2012, 12:33 AM   #61
KatMalfoy
"All our Dreams can come true if we have the courage to pursue them" ~Walt Disney :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by KidGoofy View Post
It has been exactly 2 weeks today that I had my phone interview...so any day now I should be getting an answer. I'm still so nervous.
Good Luck to you!!! I hope you make it in!!! I understand the feeling of waiting, my interview was last night, and I'm already going crazy. :
Old 09-27-2012, 02:38 PM   #62
podicat1
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMalfoy View Post
Good Luck to you!!! I hope you make it in!!! I understand the feeling of waiting, my interview was last night, and I'm already going crazy. :
Your posts keep making me laugh, you are just too sweet! But yeah, my interview was a week ago today and I think I have already went way past crazy! I keep checking all the time then I have to focus back on my school work! Then I have my two little sisters acting like I don't check it often enough, but I can't complain. They're like little helpers for me <3
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-27-2012, 02:46 PM   #63
Aspiring
Earning My Ears

I have my phone interview next Thursday night. I am so excited and nervous at the same time. All my life I've wanted to work for Disney, and I'm so glad I'm finally getting the chance to maybe do it.

I have my audition for character performers on my birthday, the 12th. I really would love to be Rapunzel, but I'll take anything at all.

My top choices are character performer, character attendant or boutique.

"Crowded classrooms and half-day sessions are a tragic waste of our greatest national resource - the minds of our children."
-Walt Disney
Aspiring is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 03:02 PM   #64
podicat1
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aspiring View Post
I have my phone interview next Thursday night. I am so excited and nervous at the same time. All my life I've wanted to work for Disney, and I'm so glad I'm finally getting the chance to maybe do it.

I have my audition for character performers on my birthday, the 12th. I really would love to be Rapunzel, but I'll take anything at all.

My top choices are character performer, character attendant or boutique.
Good luck! You'll do amazing, and what an awesome birthday you'll get to have! On my birthday I did my web interview :P You beat me ;P
Old 09-27-2012, 04:20 PM   #65
KatMalfoy
"All our Dreams can come true if we have the courage to pursue them" ~Walt Disney :)

Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by podicat1 View Post
Your posts keep making me laugh, you are just too sweet! But yeah, my interview was a week ago today and I think I have already went way past crazy! I keep checking all the time then I have to focus back on my school work! Then I have my two little sisters acting like I don't check it often enough, but I can't complain. They're like little helpers for me <3
Awwww oh my gosh that's so nice!!! That is so awesome that you have your little cheerleaders!! When you get in they can come visit you and go to the parks for free and you can inspire them to do the DCP when they're old enough!!
Old 09-27-2012, 07:51 PM   #66
grlwonder
Mouseketeer

Good luck to everyone!

I just did the web-based interview and I passed it! Now I just have to wait until they send me an email to make an appointment for the phone interview. SO EXCITED!! :D

DCP Spring Advantage 2013: accepted for Merchandise!

grlwonder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 07:54 PM   #67
KatMalfoy

Quote:
Originally Posted by grlwonder View Post
Good luck to everyone!

I just did the web-based interview and I passed it! Now I just have to wait until they send me an email to make an appointment for the phone interview. SO EXCITED!! :D
That's awesome!!! Good luck to you on your phone interview!! And don't get too nervous, it was super easy and pretty fun! The waiting is the worst part!
Old 09-27-2012, 07:57 PM   #68
grlwonder
Mouseketeer

Quote:
That's awesome!!! Good luck to you on your phone interview!! And don't get too nervous, it was super easy and pretty fun! The waiting is the worst part!
Thank you! I'm just worried about the questions they are going to ask me! I sometimes know what to say but it never comes out hahaha!

What kind of questions can I expect?

Old 09-27-2012, 08:57 PM   #69
Aspiring
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by podicat1 View Post
Good luck! You'll do amazing, and what an awesome birthday you'll get to have! On my birthday I did my web interview :P You beat me ;P
Thank you! How did your phone interview go? (:
You're from Texas? I love it there. I visit Fort Worth a lot.
Old 09-27-2012, 09:16 PM   #70
KatMalfoy

Quote:
Originally Posted by grlwonder View Post
Thank you! I'm just worried about the questions they are going to ask me! I sometimes know what to say but it never comes out hahaha!

What kind of questions can I expect?
Oh yeah I know what you mean! I definitely had some awkward-sounding answers to the questions she asked me.

Just make sure you're ready to answer questions about like your previous work experience (if you have any) and like why you want to do your top roles (what are your top roles again by the way? haha) Mine were Photopass, Vacation Planner, and FSFB... so like for Photopass she asked me if I have any photography experience, and what my favorite photo is; for Vacation Planner she asked if I had a problem handling large amounts of money; and for FSFB she asked what my favorite restaurant in Disney was (I said Sci-Fi ) and she told me about how big of a responsibility they have because they're the ones who decide how to place people at their tables and stuff. She also asked about if I had any tattoos or piercings and stuff (that was one of my awkward ones because I was like "Oh no! Well, except for my ears! Well, only one 2 holes. Well but like 1 hole in each ear!!" haha superrrr awk.) but that was just me babbling

Another question that I stumbled on a little was "If I had a job where I was repeatedly doing the same thing over and over again (which most jobs are like), how would I keep myself interested in what I was doing and how would I treat each new guest that I helped?" This is actually an easy one to think of an answer, but I guess I just wasn't expecting it so I babbled again!

I hope this helps!! (Sorry for the novel)
Old 09-27-2012, 09:24 PM   #71
Aspiring
Earning My Ears

Does anyone know if Disney World offers dining plans for CP members?

"Crowded classrooms and half-day sessions are a tragic waste of our greatest national resource - the minds of our children."
-Walt Disney
Old 09-27-2012, 09:25 PM   #72
KatMalfoy

Quote:
I asked about this at our Campus Presentation... he said they do not
Old 09-27-2012, 09:27 PM   #73
KatMalfoy

Quote:
BUT! CP's do get discounts at WDW restaurants and they have the "Grocery Bingo" at the residence halls. Not really sure how it works yet, but it sounds both interesting and beneficial!
Old 09-27-2012, 09:36 PM   #74
grlwonder
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Oh yeah I know what you mean! I definitely had some awkward-sounding answers to the questions she asked me.

Just make sure you're ready to answer questions about like your previous work experience (if you have any) and like why you want to do your top roles (what are your top roles again by the way? haha) Mine were Photopass, Vacation Planner, and FSFB... so like for Photopass she asked me if I have any photography experience, and what my favorite photo is; for Vacation Planner she asked if I had a problem handling large amounts of money; and for FSFB she asked what my favorite restaurant in Disney was (I said Sci-Fi ) and she told me about how big of a responsibility they have because they're the ones who decide how to place people at their tables and stuff. She also asked about if I had any tattoos or piercings and stuff (that was one of my awkward ones because I was like "Oh no! Well, except for my ears! Well, only one 2 holes. Well but like 1 hole in each ear!!" haha superrrr awk.) but that was just me babbling

Another question that I stumbled on a little was "If I had a job where I was repeatedly doing the same thing over and over again (which most jobs are like), how would I keep myself interested in what I was doing and how would I treat each new guest that I helped?" This is actually an easy one to think of an answer, but I guess I just wasn't expecting it so I babbled again!

I hope this helps!! (Sorry for the novel)

Hahaha that's okay, it's very helpful! I also want to do FSFB what other questions did they ask you for that? My other choices are character attendant, hospitality and attractions.

Old 09-27-2012, 09:40 PM   #75
Aspiring
Earning My Ears

Quote:
BUT! CP's do get discounts at WDW restaurants and they have the "Grocery Bingo" at the residence halls. Not really sure how it works yet, but it sounds both interesting and beneficial!
Alright that's cool. (: Haha, I just can't cook for the life of me. Mildly worried about it!

-Walt Disney

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: