Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > The College Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-14-2012, 12:38 AM   #16
psherman42
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by KidGoofy View Post
I got interviewed today and to be honest I was nervous over nothing. My top 3 was anything in Hospitality(because I worked at a hotel before), attractions, and recreation. She was very friendly and easy to talk to. But I have a question for people who have already done the program. Am I done with all the interview stuff now since I did the WBI and Phone interview? She might have told me but I was nervous at the time and don't remember.

Haha...you actually got interviewed by the same person I did right after me. I was interviewed at 10:30(well more like 10:45 because she called late). So sorry if she called you late because it took her a while to call me lol.
Yep. Next you'll find out if you're accepted or not.

Disney College Program
Fall 2011: Quick Service Food & Beverage (ABC Commissary)
Spring Advantage 2013: Merchandise (World of Disney)
Fall 2013: Professional Intern
My DCP blog: http://dreamitdoitdisney.tumblr.com/
psherman42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 11:30 AM   #17
missflickflack
Earning My Ears

Quote:
I got interviewed today and to be honest I was nervous over nothing. My top 3 was anything in Hospitality(because I worked at a hotel before), attractions, and recreation. She was very friendly and easy to talk to. But I have a question for people who have already done the program. Am I done with all the interview stuff now since I did the WBI and Phone interview? She might have told me but I was nervous at the time and don't remember.

Haha...you actually got interviewed by the same person I did right after me. I was interviewed at 10:30(well more like 10:45 because she called late). So sorry if she called you late because it took her a while to call me lol.
Thats funny, no she called maybe 3 mins late, it was all good gave me a few extra minutes to relax! and yes you are all done with the interview process. It is now the nerve racking wait time to hear back!
missflickflack is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-14-2012, 06:20 PM   #18
KidGoofy
This
Loves Pierogies
Just remember VMK is still always watching you
i worship devan

Quote:
Originally Posted by psherman42 View Post
Yep. Next you'll find out if you're accepted or not.
Oh no...now I'm super nervous. I hope I gave a good enough interview.
Quote:
Originally Posted by missflickflack View Post
Thats funny, no she called maybe 3 mins late, it was all good gave me a few extra minutes to relax! and yes you are all done with the interview process. It is now the nerve racking wait time to hear back!
The wait actually made me even more nervous, but I felt like I handled the pressure well. And good luck.
Old 09-14-2012, 11:03 PM   #19
HalJordan
Earning My Ears

Yeah i had my interview wednesday ... i nailed itand got the green light to go audition ... so that's what im agonizing about now lol
HalJordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2012, 01:01 AM   #20
KidGoofy
This
Loves Pierogies
Just remember VMK is still always watching you
i worship devan

Quote:
Originally Posted by HalJordan View Post
Yeah i had my interview wednesday ... i nailed itand got the green light to go audition ... so that's what im agonizing about now lol
Well good luck with that. I know there are a bunch of youtube videos explaining what you have to do. Any idea what role you could possibly be auditioning for?
Old 09-15-2012, 01:12 PM   #21
AnnaS

The puppy has now left the building and I am exhausted
Will you be rolling?
I can't wait to try them all

Quote:
Originally Posted by psherman42 View Post
I think recruiting is until November.
Thank you!

Upcoming/planned trips:
May - HH
Oct. 2015 - F&W/BCV

DCL '01 Eastern, '03 Western, '05 West Coast Cruise šoš '07 11 N. Med. Cruise, '13 Western
WDW - CBR, POR, POP, OKW, BWV, BCV, AKV, VWL, HH & VB, SSR,
AnnaS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2012, 02:39 PM   #22
heaven2dc
DIS Veteran

I had my interview on Tuesday which was scheduled for 10:15 but she didn't call me until 10:30. Margie was my recruiter and she was nice but the interview was much shorter than last time. I goofed and only clicked on the hospitality roles as most interested and didn't check off any others. I was under the misunderstanding to keep it to three for some reason. She said that may hurt me in the selection process so she added attractions and I think Photopass to my list.

She said I should hear something within 2 weeks via email and/or to watch the Dashboard. Does anybody know if the Dashboard changes to "Interview Stage" like it does with Professional Internships? I was in Interview Stage for 2 internships this past Spring up until the final day of selections then received the dreaded rejection email. )

WDW Trips: March 1997 (BWV), February 2008 (BWV), December 2008 (BWV), Nov/Dec 2010 (BWV)

Disneyland Trips: September 1983, AP Holder July 2013 (twice), August 2013 & November 2013

All Our Dreams Come True If We Have the Courage To Pursue Them - Walt Disney
heaven2dc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2012, 10:55 PM   #23
kayotik
Earning My Ears

Until some sort of decision is made, your dashboard will remain "in progress." Once you receive notification of being accepted, rejected, or pended, it will change accordingly.
kayotik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2012, 11:26 PM   #24
HalJordan
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Well good luck with that. I know there are a bunch of youtube videos explaining what you have to do. Any idea what role you could possibly be auditioning for?
Hoping for a prince ... obviously much harder ... but id be goo with any character in my range
HalJordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 02:54 PM   #25
podicat1
Earning My Ears

I have my interview this Thursday and I'm extremely nervous. I'm going for PhotoPass and attractions. I'll do pretty much anything else also but those are my top. I've been studying questions and trying to prepare myself to the extreme for it, and I'm already nervous about the waiting for the dead time between the interview and finding out! So many butterflies in my tummy! :]
podicat1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 04:43 PM   #26
ashleyY993
Earning My Ears

My interview is in a few hours and the nervousness just hit me! I think I'll do fine though, I took some notes today to prepare. It sucks though because I woke up sick today so I'm not all happy and enthusiastic :/
ashleyY993 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 05:26 PM   #27
AnnaS

Will you be rolling?

Quote:
Originally Posted by podicat1 View Post
I have my interview this Thursday and I'm extremely nervous. I'm going for PhotoPass and attractions. I'll do pretty much anything else also but those are my top. I've been studying questions and trying to prepare myself to the extreme for it, and I'm already nervous about the waiting for the dead time between the interview and finding out! So many butterflies in my tummy! :]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ashleyY993 View Post
My interview is in a few hours and the nervousness just hit me! I think I'll do fine though, I took some notes today to prepare. It sucks though because I woke up sick today so I'm not all happy and enthusiastic :/
Good luck to both of you.

How long did it take from the time you applied to your interview. This is a phone interview - or is it also on the internet - skype sort of thing. Sorry for the silly questions.

Upcoming/planned trips:
May - HH
Oct. 2015 - F&W/BCV

DCL '01 Eastern, '03 Western, '05 West Coast Cruise šoš '07 11 N. Med. Cruise, '13 Western
Old 09-18-2012, 07:50 PM   #28
missflickflack
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnaS View Post
Good luck to both of you.

How long did it take from the time you applied to your interview. This is a phone interview - or is it also on the internet - skype sort of thing. Sorry for the silly questions.
Well I applied wed the 5th, did the web based interview that night, then the 6th I schedule my phone interview for the 13th and my application was pended the same day..

It is a phone interview, not skype....Have you applied yet?
Old 09-18-2012, 07:51 PM   #29
missflickflack
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashleyY993 View Post
You will do great, It really is no big deal...after a few minutes you will forget that it is an interview!

Let us know how it goes and goodluck!
Old 09-18-2012, 07:54 PM   #30
AnnaS

Will you be rolling?

Quote:
Originally Posted by missflickflack View Post
Well I applied wed the 5th, did the web based interview that night, then the 6th I schedule my phone interview for the 13th and my application was pended the same day..

It is a phone interview, not skype....Have you applied yet?
This is for my daughter

Upcoming/planned trips:
May - HH
Oct. 2015 - F&W/BCV

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: