Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > The College Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-21-2012, 09:30 PM   #136
podicat1
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by heaven2dc View Post
Did anyone else get another pending email? I received one today that read:

Dear Debbie,

Thank you for your interest in the Disney College Program!

We greatly appreciate your patience while we continue to review your information.

Your status is pending a final decision and you will be contacted with an update by December 14th, 2012. If you are not contacted within this timeframe, please contact our office at 1-800-722-2930.

We sincerely thank you for your interest in the Disney College Program. We will be in contact with you as noted above.

Best regards,
Disney College Recruiting

This one was different from the first one I got. At least I'm still being considered!!
Yup, I also received one. Just one step closer to knowing what the final decision is though!
Old 10-21-2012, 10:05 PM   #137
HalJordan
Earning My Ears

Nailed It

Passed my audition ... nailed the animation portion ... was measured up to prince height

Last edited by HalJordan; 10-21-2012 at 10:15 PM.
HalJordan is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-21-2012, 10:51 PM   #138
heaven2dc
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by HalJordan View Post
Passed my audition ... nailed the animation portion ... was measured up to prince height
Great job! When will you know that you get in (or does this mean you got the part)?

WDW Trips: March 1997 (BWV), February 2008 (BWV), December 2008 (BWV), Nov/Dec 2010 (BWV)

Disneyland Trips: September 1983, AP Holder July 2013 (twice), August 2013 & November 2013

All Our Dreams Come True If We Have the Courage To Pursue Them - Walt Disney
heaven2dc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 11:20 PM   #139
NHSchool2012
DCP Alumni -- Earned my Ears!

I applied for both the Spring and Spring Advantage, and I heard back with an acceptance in 6 days. I was accepted for QSFB, which I didn't talk about at all in my interview, but now that I've thought about it, I think it would be best. I'll be busy all day, which is good because I'd get bored easily if I wasn't, and since my school doesn't accept credit I'm not taking any classes, so I'll be able to pick up extra shifts to make more money!
NHSchool2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 02:53 PM   #140
xhananh
Earning My Ears

At some point within the next week I'm going to be applying for the third time. My first attempt was for Spring of 2012, and I was told immediately after the online interview that I was turned down. The second time around I didn't even make it past the first application.
I think part of it was the lack of legitimate experience, considering at that point I'd never been employed aside from babysitting in high school (which, unfortunately, doesn't really show up on paper anywhere).
xhananh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 04:14 PM   #141
HalJordan
Earning My Ears

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by heaven2dc View Post
Great job! When will you know that you get in (or does this mean you got the part)?
Mid-November I think ... it's not a done deal yet but sparing specifics i had some very good signs for the positive
Old 10-22-2012, 04:19 PM   #142
melbellex3
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by podicat1 View Post
Good luck!!! You'll do awesome, don't be nervous. The people that interview people are so awesome and just plain out magical! It's awesome! Takes all your nerves away instantly then afterwards you'll be like 'there was no reason to be nervous at all' :P
Thanks so much! I had my interview about an hour ago and I'm just thankful I made it through and it's all out of my hands now! It lasted 18 minutes and I THINK it went pretty well for the most part! Fingers crossed! Now I get to play the waiting game as well!! Good luck to everybody else playing it with me right now, and congrats to everybody who has been accepted so far!
melbellex3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 10:49 AM   #143
Tinkfan43v3r
Disney Fan by Heart <3

Exclamation Should I wait for an Associate Degree to apply?

I'm a freshmen currently enrolled in a community college, I plan on getting my associates in teaching there. Then after recieving my associates I would transfer to a University. Should I wait to recieve that degree then apply for the Disney College Program, or do it ASAP?
Old 11-02-2012, 12:21 PM   #144
JHern
No such thing as magic, but there is such thing as love.

Tink you could take online classes and graduate while your doing the program
JHern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 12:21 PM   #145
JHern

Why are people getting pending emails?
Old 11-02-2012, 12:42 PM   #146
JHern

Hey guys im from Miami and I did my interview on tuesday (10/30/12). I have been checking my Dashboard and Email like 40 times every minute lol (exaggerating a little). Does anyone have a time line when we get an answer?
Thanks everyone
Old 11-02-2012, 12:56 PM   #147
HalJordan
Earning My Ears

Talking Accepted

Got CHARACTER PERFORMER ... SPRING ADVANTAGE 2013
Old 11-02-2012, 01:47 PM   #148
angelbear425
Mouseketeer

Hey everyone,

I applied for both Spring and Spring Advantage a few weeks ago, put that I was interested in many different jobs, and had my interview last week. I received my letter Monday saying that I was accepted into the Spring Advantage program as a Vacation Planner.

I am super excited about it, but really nervous. I lived at school as an undergrad, but I went to school in the same town as I live. I know I will be homesick at some points, but I am more worried about finding a roommate that I am compatible with and housing that I won't have to worry about people constantly partying. I read that Patterson is perfect for that because it is quieter than the other complexes. My other concern is that I am doing this as a grad student so older than most. Will that hurt my chances of finding a roommate that will want to room with me?
Old 11-02-2012, 01:58 PM   #149
JHern

Quote:
Originally Posted by angelbear425 View Post
Hey everyone,

I applied for both Spring and Spring Advantage a few weeks ago, put that I was interested in many different jobs, and had my interview last week. I received my letter Monday saying that I was accepted into the Spring Advantage program as a Vacation Planner.

I am super excited about it, but really nervous. I lived at school as an undergrad, but I went to school in the same town as I live. I know I will be homesick at some points, but I am more worried about finding a roommate that I am compatible with and housing that I won't have to worry about people constantly partying. I read that Patterson is perfect for that because it is quieter than the other complexes. My other concern is that I am doing this as a grad student so older than most. Will that hurt my chances of finding a roommate that will want to room with me?

In Disney, I dont think age matters lol Congrats!!!!! Im 23 and i feel old lol

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: