Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > The College Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-23-2012, 02:53 PM   #31
Pancakes
Mouseketeer

Last program took me about 3 weeks to find out. This time I heard back in 1 week! I think answers are coming out a lot faster this time.

*WDWCP Spring 2013 Recreation*~Port Orleans Riverside
* WDWCP Spring 2012 Merchandise*~Polynesian Resort
http://melissadcp.tumblr.com/
http://mkwoww2107.blogspot.com

Pancakes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 06:21 PM   #32
RapunzelRapunzel
All it takes is faith and trust and a little bit of pixie dust...

Quote:
Originally Posted by MandaBelle View Post
I was rejected twice before I got accepted into the College Program. That makes this semester my fourth application and I'm still nervous! I know it's hard, but please don't think of yourself as a failure. Remember how many times Walt himself was turned down? Don't give up on your dreams.

Good luck on your interview! I'm sure you'll do wonderfully. Focus on how much you want to do the Program, not the possibility of rejection (believe me, I know how difficult that can be). Just think happy thoughts and remember to SMILE.
Thank you. I just had my interview, it was about 20 minutes. I was nervous so I totally tripped over my words. I think her name was Karen ( I was nervous and I have trouble understanding people sometimes on cell phones). I feel like I didn't do my best. Now I have to wait, and I am more nervous now than before the interview.
Register to remove

Old 09-24-2012, 06:26 PM   #33
DisneyAllyC
Princess Ally

I'm slowly going mentally insane right now. Trying to stay busy And focus on school But I can't get distracted enough.

1998:First trip to Disney-Polynesian
2004: Pop Century
2005: All Star Music
2007: Saratoga Springs
2009: High School Senior Trip-All Star Sports

4 days until my next trip to Disney World!
DisneyAllyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 06:46 PM   #34
RapunzelRapunzel
All it takes is faith and trust and a little bit of pixie dust...

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyAllyC View Post
I'm slowly going mentally insane right now. Trying to stay busy And focus on school But I can't get distracted enough.
Me too! I decided I'm just gonna ignore it for like a week because now everything is out of my hands. But I don't feel very confident because I feel like my phone interview could have gone so much better.

And my interview was yesterday, but I've checked the dashboard like 30 times since then...lol even I can't follow my own advice to avoid this stuff.
Old 09-24-2012, 08:42 PM   #35
raiderfan489
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladypage

I wasn't, but my friend was. He was by himself mostly, so he was normally pretty bored until it picked up after a parade and he would be slammed for an hour, and then it would be dead again. On the plus side, it meant that we could go hang with him while he was bored, which we would often do. He worked in AK, and would have no guests for hours on end, so we would chat until he got some. His managers never seemed to mind thankfully, as long as he did his job and we didn't "push" guests away with our presence.
Awesome! I'm excited with whatever I get, and couldn't be happier that I was at least accepted. If you're waiting guys, just keep your head up!
raiderfan489 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 01:11 PM   #36
DisneyAllyC
Princess Ally

Quote:
Originally Posted by RapunzelRapunzel View Post
Me too! I decided I'm just gonna ignore it for like a week because now everything is out of my hands. But I don't feel very confident because I feel like my phone interview could have gone so much better.

And my interview was yesterday, but I've checked the dashboard like 30 times since then...lol even I can't follow my own advice to avoid this stuff.
I felt confident on some parts of my interview. Some parts I wish were better. I need to focus on my math test tomorrow morning because it's not my strongest subject.

1998:First trip to Disney-Polynesian
2004: Pop Century
2005: All Star Music
2007: Saratoga Springs
2009: High School Senior Trip-All Star Sports

4 days until my next trip to Disney World!
DisneyAllyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 01:41 PM   #37
madge
... is soaking in it

I asked this in the parent's thread .. but I'll ask here, in case someone knows

My son's application is "in progress". He did his phone interview yesterday. Today, he got a message that he has paperwork to fill out and return within 24 hours.

What does that mean? Is it a good sign?

Shades of Green ~ Dixie Landings ~ Swan/Dolphin (Club Level) ~ Contemporary ~
Wilderness Lodge
~ Coronado Springs ~ Polynesian ~ Pop Century~
Boardwalk (shhhh .... just mom!) ~ Ft. Wilderness Cabins

offsite stays:
HGVC - Sea World (2002)
Silver Lake - Silver Points (2004)
Vistana Villages (2007)
Cypress Pointe Grandvillas (2008)
Thanks, Disbug!!

madge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 05:23 PM   #38
JuRuss
Earning My Ears

I concluded my phone interview yesterday at 1:30pm, my interviewers' name was Brandon. I believe I started of weak but finished quite strong, I utilized 30mins of the time I had. I spoke a tad bit fast at first. Make sure you guys prepare questions for the end, it always shows your interested. I am so nervous and hope I get to attend Spring Advantage 2013. Never been to any of the Disney theme parks and think this will be an awesome opportunity.
Old 09-25-2012, 07:57 PM   #39
KatMalfoy
"All our Dreams can come true if we have the courage to pursue them" ~Walt Disney :)

Question A question for you all!

I've posted this on a few threads, but my interview is in 2 hours so I'm just wanting to know what's going on!

But I actually have a question for you guys! Have any of you looked recently at the "Role Descriptions" page on the DCP website? When I applied (2 Wednesdays ago) all the roles were one way, and today they're all different! For example, there is now a "Disney Desk" option under lodging for WDW. That wasn't there when I applied, nor was it even an option to rate my interest on the application... Also, little things like how FSFB got moved to the "Recreation" section instead of the "Food & Beverage" section...? Maybe it's just my computer and it's changing all of the placement of things? Is anyone else confused about this?

The only reason why I'm even concerned about it is because, like I said, some of the roles that are on there now weren't even an option on my application, so I didn't get to mark my interest for any of those, and I am wondering if it shows up as "no interest" to the interviewer/people who choose if I make it in! I'd be willing do do any of those roles, they just weren't on there!
Old 09-25-2012, 09:00 PM   #40
heaven2dc
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by madge View Post
I asked this in the parent's thread .. but I'll ask here, in case someone knows

My son's application is "in progress". He did his phone interview yesterday. Today, he got a message that he has paperwork to fill out and return within 24 hours.

What does that mean? Is it a good sign?
I can't answer your question but am rooting for your son! It sounds like a good sign. Does anybody know? I'm curious as well

WDW Trips: March 1997 (BWV), February 2008 (BWV), December 2008 (BWV), Nov/Dec 2010 (BWV)

Disneyland Trips: September 1983, AP Holder July 2013 (twice), August 2013 & November 2013

All Our Dreams Come True If We Have the Courage To Pursue Them - Walt Disney
heaven2dc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 10:33 PM   #41
madge
... is soaking in it

Quote:
Originally Posted by heaven2dc View Post
I can't answer your question but am rooting for your son! It sounds like a good sign. Does anybody know? I'm curious as well
thanks! we'll fax the paperwork in the morning and go from there!

Fingers still crossed.

Shades of Green ~ Dixie Landings ~ Swan/Dolphin (Club Level) ~ Contemporary ~
Wilderness Lodge
~ Coronado Springs ~ Polynesian ~ Pop Century~
Boardwalk (shhhh .... just mom!) ~ Ft. Wilderness Cabins

offsite stays:
HGVC - Sea World (2002)
Silver Lake - Silver Points (2004)
Vistana Villages (2007)
Cypress Pointe Grandvillas (2008)
Thanks, Disbug!!

madge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 01:36 PM   #42
KatMalfoy
"All our Dreams can come true if we have the courage to pursue them" ~Walt Disney :)

Red face The Waiting Game

Had my interview Tuesday night at 9 pm... and I have probably checked my email/ Disney Dashboard maybe...hmm...I don't know... 5 MILLION TIMES!? haha I'm definitely going a little crazy. It took me 4 hours to write an English paper because I literally stopped every 7 minutes to check. It's just so hard to focus on schoolwork when you have such a DISNEY opportunity staring you in the face! Anyone else finding it impossible to focus on anything else besides DCP?
Old 09-27-2012, 02:15 PM   #43
podicat1
Earning My Ears

In one minute it will be exactly a week since my phone interview and let me tell you, I'm going crazy just waiting for the reply! I keep seeing people getting accepted and it makes me nervous!
Top Roles: PhotoPass, attractions.
Old 09-27-2012, 03:08 PM   #44
DianeV
DIS Veteran

15 days today for my daughter. Her top 3 were attractions, merchandise and recreation. They also talked about front desk. She is getting discouraged seeing people get accepted after 2 days...
DianeV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 03:25 PM   #45
JuRuss
Earning My Ears

I wish I could get my decision now, either way. I hope everyone receives favorable results. I'm on my 4th day. Good-luck to you all!!!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: