Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-11-2012, 02:24 PM   #76
Ikaikalani
Tee-Eye-double Guh-err

Classic Disney vs. Barf Boat. Nuf said
Old 09-11-2012, 03:40 PM   #77
Rogillio
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ikaikalani View Post
Classic Disney vs. Barf Boat. Nuf said
Are you trying to insinuate that people on a DCL fan website are biased towards Disney?! Go figure!
WDW 4/98, Yellowstone 6/99, 4-day Bahamas DCL 6/00, Washington DC 6/01, WDW 1/02, Scotland 6/02, Alaska 6/03, 7-day Caribbean DCL 6/04, 4-day Bahamas DCL 1/05, WDW 1/05, Universal 3/05, Norway 6/05, NYC Waldorf-Astoria 10/05, Snowshoe, WV 12/05, China Adventure 3/06, WDW 6/06, Copper Mountain, CO 12/06, 11-day DCL Med Cruise 5/07, 4-day Bahamas DCL 10/07, 7 Day NCL cruise - Hawaii 7/08, Door County, WI 7/09, Snowshoe WV, 12/09, 12-day DCL Baltic cruise 6/10, 7-day Caribbean HAL 12/10, WDW 6/11, 5-day Dream NYE 12/11, 7-day Canadian HAL 6/12, 3-day Dream Jan 2013, 4-day Dream Feb 2013, 5-day CCL NOLA, 9-day DCL Venice/Greece 6/14
Rogillio is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-14-2012, 06:05 AM   #78
4GoofyCrew
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by declansdad View Post
I am really looking forward to our DCL cruise as we are big Disney nuts but you have to keep in mind that you are on a Disney Discussion Board and you will not here many people tell you it isn't worth it. And there are some who will tell you that only the worst classes of people will cruise Carnival.
Excellent point!
01-2012 AS SPORTS Free DDP
Always dreaming about another trip!
4GoofyCrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 12:27 PM   #79
LunaCup
1 cruise away from Gold Castaway Club Membership!

I didn't read all the pages so I'm not sure if anyone has posted this, I apologize if they have. One thing you should do when comparing prices is make sure you are accounting for taxes and fees. The price Disney shows up front includes the taxes and fees while when booking with Carnival you have to go through the booking process to view the extra taxes and fees. If you plan on drinking the alcohol prices are similar but you can bring onboard your own alcohol on DCL which may make a difference for you. CCL doesn't include soda but we aren't huge soda drinkers so we brought a 12 pack for 3 of us and didn't finish it.

I have cruised both. It is true that I prefer Disney hands down but I cruised Carnival after Disney and I would cruise with them again. I prefer the non-smoking in the clubs and bars on DCL as well as the shows/entertainment. On the DISboards you are going to hear lots of people who prefer Disney because well that is why most of us are here on the boards. =) However, I think you should make the decision that is best for your family and if that happens to be Carnival that is okay you can always try DCL another time if you still want to.

The one thing I will say is if you choose Carnival go with a newer ship (which tend to be the 7-night cruises) because they are nicer and there is a more family atmosphere on those vs the 3 & 4-night cruises which tend to be older ships and have a more party atmosphere. Good luck with your decision either way I hope your family has fun!!

DCL:
Disney Magic Aug. '08 7 night
Disney Wonder Mar. '07 4 night
Disney Wonder May '07 3 night
Disney Wonder Sept. '08 3 night
LunaCup is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: