Ths DIS is a great place to ask Orlando Stroller rental questions and share tips.
Orlando Stroller Rentals is your #1 place to rent a high-end stroller to use during your family vaction to the Orlando area.  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney for Families
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-10-2012, 02:15 PM   #1
Cad0587
Earning My Ears

Question about Disney's Magical Express...

Do you needs carseats for children on the Magical Express for the ride from the airport to the resort? I know there are some modes of transportation where you don't need a carseat for children and this just looked like one of them to me. It'd be great if we didn't! We just had to travel with carseats and it was a pain! Not to mention we aren't renting a car so we wouldn't need them at any other point in the trip. Also I was wondering how long the ride is from the airport to the resorts?
Cad0587 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 02:18 PM   #2
Maggie'sMom
DIS Veteran

No carseats are needed for the ME, and most of the buses don't have seatbelts to install a carseat anyway. I only recently heard that some of the buses now have 3 point belts, but that's a relatively new development.

ETA: I missed your question about the time from the airport to the resorts. The actual ride from MCO to WDW is about 30 minutes, but expect for the transportation time from airport to your resort to take about 90 minutes from when you land. You have to walk to the ME area, get loaded on a bus, and if you are one of the first ones on that bus, you will have to wait until the bus fills before it leaves. Each bus usually services 3 resorts and your resort may not be the first stop. So all of that takes time.
Maggie'sMom is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-10-2012, 02:24 PM   #3
Cad0587
Earning My Ears

Thanks! I was just referring to the ride from the airport to the resort itself. On the website it said 60-75 minutes or something like that and I was like uuuh, I don't remember the airport being THAT far away but I get it now if they're taking into account walking, getting your bags, getting to Magical Express etc. etc. I was just talking about driving time itself!
Cad0587 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 03:31 PM   #4
scrapquitler
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cad0587 View Post
Thanks! I was just referring to the ride from the airport to the resort itself. On the website it said 60-75 minutes or something like that and I was like uuuh, I don't remember the airport being THAT far away but I get it now if they're taking into account walking, getting your bags, getting to Magical Express etc. etc. I was just talking about driving time itself!
Straight driving time is probably about 20 minutes, but varies by resort. However, unless you are lucky and your resort is the first one, it's going to take longer than that. They say 60-75 minutes because if you are at the second resort, you ride to the first resort and then it stops and takes about 10 minutes for people to unload and to have their luggage/carryons/strollers/etc removed from under the bus, then the ride to the second resort, etc.
scrapquitler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 03:37 PM   #5
WDWAurora
I may not be Peter's Tink, but I'm Patrick's...And his princess...Can Tink be a princess? Please?

The actual ride can be that long depending on if your bus stops at other resorts first. We were technically the 4th stop (AKL Jambo and Kidani are 2 separate stops) on our bus, so from the time we pulled out of the airport until pulling up at our resort, it was at least an hour.
WDWAurora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 03:39 PM   #6
OurMinnieFamily
Mouseketeer

We took a cab from the airport because our wait was going to be over an hour just to get on the bus. There was literally over 100 people waiting and some sort of problem. But on the way back we took ME and it to about 90 minutes because they stopped at 4 resorts total.
OurMinnieFamily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 01:21 PM   #7
seashoreCM
All around nice guy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OurMinnieFamily View Post
We took a cab from the airport because our wait was going to be over an hour just to get on the bus. There was literally over 100 people waiting and some sort of problem..
There are enough resorts for four bus routes, and each bus holds about 50 people, so 200 people waiting does not imply that there is a problem.

Depending on time of day and crowds, three or four buses could be loading at the same time.

Which resorts are grouped for each individual bus trip can vary, although the resorts in each group are usually close to each other.
Today's riddle: Q: Why are there these 20 foot timber or stucco walls between the freeway and people's back yards? A: So people living there don't put up huge Christmas light displays and distract passing motorists.
seashoreCM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 02:01 PM   #8
OurMinnieFamily
Mouseketeer

This is a normal situation having enough buses for that many people. However the day we arrived we were told there was some sort of problem causing the buses to be delayed. I had no problem with a cab especially since my daughter was so excited.
OurMinnieFamily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 09:50 PM   #9
longrf01
Mouseketeer

At this risk of getting You can't beat the price of DME, but lately I've been pretty keen on getting a car. We've tried two companies - Happy Limo and Star (bundled in a WDTC package). Happy is less expensive and provides a fine service. No issues with Star either.

I realize not everyone wants to spend $65, and that's cool - it's your money spend it the way YOU want to!

I started using the town cars after I had a late arrival, had to wait about an hour for the bus, was the third stop (another hour or so) and last one off so I had to wait in line at registration for what was probably about 30 minutes. Given it was a late arrival, 2.5 hours was a bit frustrating.
2012 - POLY Feb, ASSp Mar, BC Mar, DLR Hilton May, BC July, ASSp Sep, DLR Hilton Sep, BC Nov, ASSp Dec
2013 - May Hilton DLR, May Grand Californian, Jun YC, Nov BC
2014 - Jun SSR
longrf01 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: