DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > DVC-Mousecellaneous
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-10-2012, 12:39 PM   #1
happydisneymom
Earning My Ears

Top of The World Lounge Bay Lake?????

Not sure If I am correct but after Dec. 29 2012 is the access to Top of the World Lounge at Bay Lake tower no more??? I really hope not, I haven't been to it.

Disney Wonder 2007, Disney Magic 2008, Disney Dream 2011. WDW 2011. WDW June 2013. WDW Dec 2013- Jan 2014
happydisneymom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 12:53 PM   #2
dvcterry
DIS Veteran

here's the memo:

Top of the World Lounge perk extended through Dec. 29!
The popularity of a special perk originally slated to end on Aug. 25 has prompted its extension! From now through Dec. 29, 2012, Disney Vacation Club® Members staying at any Disney-owned-and-operated hotel at the Walt Disney World® Resort (whether they booked with vacation points or cash) may enjoy complimentary access to one of the vacation kingdom's most exclusive spaces: the Top of the World Lounge atop Bay Lake Tower at Disney's Contemporary Resort.

Note that Members traveling from other resorts must use Walt Disney World Transportation, as parking will be unavailable to anyone not staying at Bay Lake Tower or Disney's Contemporary Resort. Upon arrival, Members must walk to the Bay Lake Tower main lobby entrance on the ground floor (the typically locked front door will be unlocked during this time, or a Cast Member will be at the door to assist) and check in at the Top of the World Lounge desk in the lobby.

The sleekly designed bar and lounge, typically available only to Members staying at Bay Lake Tower, operates from 5 p.m.-midnight daily and offers spectacular rooftop viewing of Wishes™ – the Magic Kingdom® fireworks spectacular – complete with the show's stirring musical soundtrack. The ability to access the lounge has been a frequent request from Members staying at other Walt Disney World Resorts since Bay Lake Tower opened in 2009, and Disney Vacation Club is thrilled to make that "wish" come true during this extended period.

This perk is available exclusively to Members and those in their traveling party who are staying on that Member's reservation. At least one Member in the traveling party must accompany the group and present his or her current Key to the World card displaying a Disney Vacation Club Membership notation in order to gain admission to the lounge. If the Member's Key to the World card doesn't display a Membership notation, a Disney Vacation Club Member ID is required in addition to the Key to the World card to verify Membership.

This special Top of the World Lounge access is available on a first-come, first-served basis until the lounge reaches capacity. As the lounge is particularly popular during the Magic Kingdom fireworks, arriving as early as possible will give Members the best chance of gaining admission.
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-10-2012, 08:07 PM   #3
dvcblt93
Mouseketeer

I would guess they ended it there because of the New Years Eve celebrations, and would also guess it will be extended once again till July 2nd, stopping it for the 4th of July celebrations.
dvcblt93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 09:03 PM   #4
KAT4DISNEY
Glad to be a test subject
1st trip Disneyland 1969
1st Trip DisneyWorld 1972
Only trip Disneyland Paris 2002

Quote:
Originally Posted by dvcblt93 View Post
I would guess they ended it there because of the New Years Eve celebrations, and would also guess it will be extended once again till July 2nd, stopping it for the 4th of July celebrations.
I'd also guess something like this. Assuming it continues to stay open I could see it becoming something like pool hopping where it's open to all members during their stays with some black out periods.

KAT4DISNEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 04:41 PM   #5
ckpoodge
Mouseketeer

I'm sure it will be extended

I'm sure the offer will be extended after the New Year's Eve Celebrations. We went on 9/11 (to see Hallowishes), and the lounge was practically empty. That was also the first night of Hallowishes, so I would have thought that it would have been more crowded.

Also, we had no problems parking - we even got a great spot toward the front of the lot. We did have to show a room key and our DVC card in order to get past the parking guard gate, but nothing was said that we couldn't park there.

Hope this helps.

We were married at the Happiest Place On Earth!
ckpoodge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 05:03 PM   #6
OrangeCountyCommuter
DIS Veteran

If the BLT owners have their way, then yes it ends December 29, 2012. But if Disney wants this thing to MAKE money and not just be a selling point... expect it to come back in 2013. IMHO the two realistic options are more open access or close the thing (See the Attic at BWV)
OrangeCountyCommuter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 05:24 PM   #7
bobbiwoz
I'm happy to dance with you
I have 2 opinions
We had tried usual things to keep them away, including something like coyote urine, it is sold in hardware stores by us

I sure hope it comes back in 2013 for all DVCers on site use! I'm hoping to have a get together before the January MC up there! If not, it'll be at AKV, Kidani.

bobbiwoz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 06:26 PM   #8
KAT4DISNEY
Glad to be a test subject
1st trip Disneyland 1969
1st Trip DisneyWorld 1972
Only trip Disneyland Paris 2002

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeCountyCommuter View Post
If the BLT owners have their way, then yes it ends December 29, 2012. But if Disney wants this thing to MAKE money and not just be a selling point... expect it to come back in 2013. IMHO the two realistic options are more open access or close the thing (See the Attic at BWV)
Not all BLT owners. In fact I never thought it ought to be exclusive.

KAT4DISNEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 08:29 PM   #9
twinboysmom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckpoodge View Post
I'm sure the offer will be extended after the New Year's Eve Celebrations. We went on 9/11 (to see Hallowishes), and the lounge was practically empty. That was also the first night of Hallowishes, so I would have thought that it would have been more crowded.

Also, we had no problems parking - we even got a great spot toward the front of the lot. We did have to show a room key and our DVC card in order to get past the parking guard gate, but nothing was said that we couldn't park there.

Hope this helps.
We were there that night as well. I actually thought it had more people than I thought it would. We didn't go in the actual lounge, just outside. What a great view!
Old 09-19-2012, 09:10 AM   #10
gmboy95
Go Patriots!!!!!

I hope they dont close it completely ever....it is such a prime space and a great perk for members, we need to have some things that are exclusive!!

DVC Member VWL, OKW, HH!!! Since 2001
gmboy95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 10:46 AM   #11
susieq76
DIS Veteran

We were there on 9/10 and it was quite packed... we had no room to see up by the wall. Weird how that works. We watched Hallowishes from the front of the resort on 9/11

susieq76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 10:55 AM   #12
montrealdisneylovers
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by KAT4DISNEY View Post
I'd also guess something like this. Assuming it continues to stay open I could see it becoming something like pool hopping where it's open to all members during their stays with some black out periods.
I think that this would be perfect. Open the lounge to all DVC members with the exact same restrictions as pool hopping. It should be blacked out at peak times and the capacity restriction should be in place, giving BLT owners priority.
montrealdisneylovers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 10:08 AM   #13
jcf
DIS Veteran

Confused

So, If I am a BLT owner but staying at VWL 12/31 - will I have access?
jcf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 10:10 AM   #14
erionm
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcf View Post
BLT ownership does not give you resort benefits. TOTWL access has been extended thru 2013. There are blackout dates of Dec 30 & 31 and July 3 & 4 if not staying at BLT.
Old 12-17-2012, 10:13 AM   #15
DenLo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcf View Post
No, it's only available for DVC members staying on points at BLT for December 30th and 31st. It will be the same way in 2013. The restriction also applies to July 3 and 4th.

DenLo is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: