Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-11-2012, 12:45 PM   #16
mrsmoku
Mouseketeer

Thank you everyone for the info and congratulations I'm pretty sold on it but my DH isn't just yet. A few mentioned returning it if we don't like the photos so I looked it up but im getting different answers for how long you have to return it. I've heard times from 2 days to 90 days and I'm having a hard time searching time for it (I'm at work). Anyone know how long?
mrsmoku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 12:51 PM   #17
Tltorrez
DIS Veteran

Just wanted to add a reminder that PP photographers will always take shots with your camera if you want. We always end up with an insane number of PP pics but just wanted to make sure you're aware of that option.
Tltorrez is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-11-2012, 01:58 PM   #18
serene56
DIS Veteran

we just got back from our whirlwind one day trip to Magic Kingdom.

I was wow'd on the amount of photos we got for our one day trip 72 pictures.
there was 3 of us-- me, pop pop and 6 year old GD. but we did a few characters too
Old 09-11-2012, 04:02 PM   #19
athenagwis
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsmoku View Post
Thank you everyone for the info and congratulations I'm pretty sold on it but my DH isn't just yet. A few mentioned returning it if we don't like the photos so I looked it up but im getting different answers for how long you have to return it. I've heard times from 2 days to 90 days and I'm having a hard time searching time for it (I'm at work). Anyone know how long?
The fine print here: http://www.disneyphotopass.com/previsitoffer.aspx says 90 days from when it is purchased. Again, this is only for the regular photopass NOT PP+.

HTH!
Rachel
athenagwis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 06:46 PM   #20
BadgerGirl84
I think my biggest pet peeve is when a weird toe pops out the side

GET IT!

My DH and I honeymooned in WDW last year. We pre-ordered the CD and I was so glad we did.

Since it was just the two of us, we would have had to ask a stranger to take our picture (with DH's fancy/expensive camera...not a fan!) or take awkward self portraits.

We took a TON of photopass pictures (mostly because we went in early Sept and there was no wait) and got some really beautiful ones.

Plus, if you wear your Just Married pins, the photographers will fuss over you and take some really cute shots.

BadgerGirl84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 09:09 PM   #21
serene56
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by athenagwis View Post
The fine print here: http://www.disneyphotopass.com/previsitoffer.aspx says 90 days from when it is purchased. Again, this is only for the regular photopass NOT PP+.

HTH!
Rachel
the photopass plus is the same way. I got ours for dec 2013 and I will not be able to get my money back if we change our minds
Old 09-11-2012, 09:54 PM   #22
Lucky626
Earning My Ears

My girlfriend and I did the photopass on our trip in May 2010 and we loved it. We were there for 8 days and got well over 300 pics. The quality was way better than our point and shoot could get and we were able to customize them and later make a photo book out of them. I would definitely recommend it if you are going to be able to make time to take plenty of pics.
Lucky626 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 10:11 PM   #23
athenagwis
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by serene56 View Post
the photopass plus is the same way. I got ours for dec 2013 and I will not be able to get my money back if we change our minds
By reading the fine print for PP+, it is completely non-refundable, there isn't 90 days for PP+, only regular photopass.

http://www.disneyphotopass.com/wdwphotopassplus.aspx

That's why I was telling the OP (earlier on in the thread) that if she wants to have the option to get a refund, to make sure to get the regular photopass NOT PP+.

Cheers!
Rachel
athenagwis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 03:02 PM   #24
mrsmoku
Mouseketeer

I kinda forgot to update this thread although I thought about it often!

We kept our PP and I'm glad we did! It was very very easy and we have some great pictures! We made it a point of stopping for the photographers so we had about 150 pictures in the end.

Unfortunately, there weren't many photographers around and the ones that were around were all clumped together so we have many repeats of the same location, just on different days. I was somewhat irritated by this as they didn't even have photographers in front of the castle or at the "Kodak moments" areas. It did not ruin our trip (of course) but it would have been nice to get a picture in different locations around the park. In the end, we have some cute ones of us but I'm not sure I would do it again. Maybe Disney will increase their photographers and have them more spread out in the parks in the coming years, especially if it gets more popular.
mrsmoku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 04:45 PM   #25
siskaren
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsmoku View Post
Unfortunately, there weren't many photographers around and the ones that were around were all clumped together so we have many repeats of the same location, just on different days. I was somewhat irritated by this as they didn't even have photographers in front of the castle or at the "Kodak moments" areas. It did not ruin our trip (of course) but it would have been nice to get a picture in different locations around the park. In the end, we have some cute ones of us but I'm not sure I would do it again. Maybe Disney will increase their photographers and have them more spread out in the parks in the coming years, especially if it gets more popular.
I don't think they have photographers at the Kodak spots, but I find it very difficult to believe that they didn't have any in front of the castle since that's such an iconic spot to have a picture taken. Also, I'm not sure what you mean by it getting more popular. It's been around since at least 2006 (I have PhotoPass pictures from 2006), and I would assume that they wouldn't have come up with things like the CD and now PhotoPass + if it wasn't popular.

It won't help you now, but you can find maps showing locations for PhotoPass photographers here:

http://www.disneyphotopass.com/aboutdpp_map_gen.aspx
siskaren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 08:27 PM   #26
stampinot
Mouseketeer

Where can I get information about the photo pass plus?

Quote:
Originally Posted by siskaren View Post
I don't think they have photographers at the Kodak spots, but I find it very difficult to believe that they didn't have any in front of the castle since that's such an iconic spot to have a picture taken. Also, I'm not sure what you mean by it getting more popular. It's been around since at least 2006 (I have PhotoPass pictures from 2006), and I would assume that they wouldn't have come up with things like the CD and now PhotoPass + if it wasn't popular.

It won't help you now, but you can find maps showing locations for PhotoPass photographers here:

http://www.disneyphotopass.com/aboutdpp_map_gen.aspx
Just wanted to know the difference.
stampinot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 09:25 PM   #27
katt789
DIS Veteran

I always pre purchase it now, you can get tons of good pictures in awesome locations all around the parks!

Instagram:Kattwyllie
Twitter: KattWy

katt789 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 09:56 PM   #28
missycj96
DIS Veteran

We did photopass plus. You get all the ride photos which is really fun. I also found that the photographers took lots of photos, too. You can walk up to a photographer and ask them to shoot a bunch of photos - I tell them that I bought the CD or this time around, had photopass plus and they snap away. I think its a great idea for a honeymoon. You'll have it forever. Just make sure to stop at the photopass photographers - the ones in the less "in demand" locations, will sometimes take the best photos for you. Make sure to ask for the magic shots.
missycj96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 12:55 AM   #29
siskaren
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by stampinot View Post
Just wanted to know the difference.
This link explains the difference between the regular PhotoPass and PhotoPass +.
siskaren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 12:57 AM   #30
katrina1122
Just another Blonde moment in my life. Yay me.

dh and i have no kids, we get fp everytime, did fp+ this last time.

We stop at every photog we see and we love to meet the charcters too.

the pics are really fun.
katrina1122 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: