Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-10-2012, 12:28 PM   #1
mrsmoku
Mouseketeer

Photopass for just 2 people, no kids?

DH and I are going to WDW for the second half of our honeymoon in 2 weeks. I have heard of the photopass and the photopass+ and think it’s a great idea, but I'm undecided whether or not it the photopass option would be "worth" it for us. It's just us two and we're not going to be doing any character meets.
On one hand, I would love to have a few nice pictures of us that weren't close ups with someone’s hand outstretched and I absolutely treasure vacation pictures. But, on the other hand, this is our first time at WDW and we're only there for 4 days so I'm not sure if we'd get many pictures since we're not big on getting our pictures taken.

Ugh, just typing I'm thinking that we'd me more inclined to get our pictures taken if it's pre-paid...

Any help? Suggestions? Recommendations? Advice?
mrsmoku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 12:31 PM   #2
vicki_c
DIS Veteran

If you pre-purchase the basic Photopass at $119, that is the equivalent of about 9 Photopass photographs downloaded or printed by Disney. So it doesn't take much.

We love our PP photos of just me & DH at Food & Wine - we even went out of our way to get some character photos, as well as just nice other ones of just the two of us. We were only there for 2.5 days, so we did a share with someone.

But if I had been there for a week, I would not have hesitated to do the PP pre-order without sharing (I'm not really into the whole share thing), even without our kids. And definitely if it was my honeymoon! My DH & I did Disney for our honeymoon (million years ago - okay, 16) and we have almost no photos!
June 1978 - Poly / Nov 1996 - Yacht Club / Jan 2001 - Poly / Jan/Feb 2004 - Wilderness Lodge / 2004-2006: Animal Kingdom Lodge, Nick Hotel, Caribbean Beach, Port Orleans Riverside, HI Sunspree, Buena Vista Suites, Caribe Royale / Jan 2008 - Poly / June 2008 - Saratoga Springs and Villas @ Wilderness Lodge / Nov 2008 -Boardwalk Villas / Dec 2008 - WL, Beach Club Villas and Beach Club / June 2009 - POFQ and Poly / Jan 2010 - AKV, 4 night DCL & BCV / Nov 2010 - POFQ / April 2011 - SSR / Nov 2011 Swan / Jan 2012 - BC/ April 2012 OKW / April 2014 AoA & AKV
vicki_c is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-10-2012, 12:42 PM   #3
PAcpl
The more you like yourself, the less you are like anyone else, which makes you unique. -Walt Disney

It is just DW and myself, we do not have children. That being said we always prepay for PhotoPass. We always get a ton of pictures when it is the two of us. One trip we brought DB, DSIL, and the kids with us. That year we hardly got any PhotoPass pictures. We realized the last thing these kids wanted to do was wait on line for pictures. So when it is just DW and I we get a ton of pictures. With two people it only takes seconds to stop at a PP photographer and for them to snap a picture.
October 2009 - Beach Club Villas (MNSSHP, HHN, Food&Wine Festival)
May 2010 - Boardwalk Villas (Flower and Garden Festival)
December 2010 - Boardwalk Villas (First Disney Christmas)
December 2011 - Boardwalk Villas (Disney Christmas)
May 2012 - Boardwalk Villas (Flower and Garden Festival)
October 2012 - Boardwalk Villas (Food & Wine, HHN)
February 2014 - Bay Lake Towers/Hard Rock Hotel (First Universal Stay)
October 2014 - Disneyland Hotel Paris (First International Disney)
PAcpl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 12:51 PM   #4
Fire14
Spartan Living in land of Buckeyes.

I and my Dh do plenty of Damage with photopass just the 2 of us. If your preorder regular Cd at 119.00 and decide you didn't get enough photos to warrent cd you can request a refund. If you prebuy pp+ you would get dig. copy of Any ride photos and any rest. meals where there is a premeal photo. that is 170.00 ish but once you buy no refunds allowed.
Old 09-10-2012, 12:55 PM   #5
princessallegra
They call me Mrs. Disney

Congrats on your upcoming wedding and honeymoon!!! We spent part of our honeymoon in disney 3 years ago If you have the money for it, I would do it. A honeymoon is once in a lifetime and I would want the memories. We are doing photopass+ on our trip in 2 weeks! We can't wait! We love ride photos and can't wait to get a bunch. None of the character meals we already have are included but that's ok with us. Have a great time!

ASMU '95WL '05POP/POFQ '06ASMU '07POLY CL '09WL CL June '10ASMu Suite Nov '10CSR June '11POR Princess 1/2 '12ASp/CSR/AKL '12 ToT 10 Miler CSR '13
princessallegra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 12:57 PM   #6
athenagwis
Mouseketeer

If you go for the regular photopass (NOT PP+) you can get a refund after your trip if you end up not taking enough pics to make it worth it. You cannot do this with PP+, once you buy that, there are no refunds. But I just thought I would throw it our there for the regular photopass option, then you can get the discount price and the peace of mind that you can have that money back if you end up not taking as many pics as you would have liked.

Cheers!
Rachel
athenagwis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 01:04 PM   #7
Nixie
DIS Veteran

I would totally prepurchase at least the regular photopass. There are tons of PP photographers throughout the parks. It only takes a second to stop for pictures. I also love the editing features. You can zoom in, go black and white, add borders... Tons of options... The best part is you wil get pictures of you two together. I am the official photo taker of our family which means more often than not; I am not in the picture. That is what makes photopass nice!

Nixie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 01:17 PM   #8
Kathy Z
Counting my Blessings

DH & I prepaid for a PP in December 2010 and got our money's worth without a question. PP+ had not yet been introduced at that time. We were there for a full week and the Christmas Decorations were up so the PP photographers were in at least 3 of the Deluxe Resorts in addition to their regular places in the parks. Some of our favorite photos were PP photos taken in the lobbies of AKL, WL & GF but my very favorite shot was taken in AK by a fellow visitor who offered to take our photo for us. When she handed my camera back to me and I checked the shot I told her "wow, you could be a professional photographer!" She replied that she was and with that she resumed pushing her toddler in his stroller - we were pixie dusted by another guest

Did you know that some of the PP photographers in the parks can do "Magic Shots?" We have pictures that look like DH & I are holding a group of balloons and I have shots that look like Tinkerbell is sitting in my cupped hands. In Epcot we're looking up to see Micky, Minnie & Goofy Soarin' over us.

So my bottom line would be to buy the PP if it doesn't break your budget but don't be shy about offering to take family shots for others and they will always offer to return the favor.
Kathy Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 01:38 PM   #9
athenagwis
Mouseketeer

We do have a 9 yo, but he can't take pics of hubby and I, so PP is the only way we get all three of us or even just hubby and I together. But we try and make sure we do all kinds of fun photos with PP. You don't just have to stand there and pose!! Here are a few we did on our last 2 trips:

http://www.disboards.com/showpost.ph...0&postcount=36

Have fun with it!!

Rachel
athenagwis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 02:53 PM   #10
jenfromjersey
Mouseketeer

My boyfriend and I were there in May and made good use of the Photopass. Since we had preordered, we made sure to take as many as we could If this is your honeymoon, DEFINITELY do it!
jenfromjersey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 04:01 PM   #11
Raenstoirm
BL6 Team Challenge Tracker
Lets go get me your numbers!

It is traditionally just dh and I and we ALWAYS buy photopass. Now that plus exists we will probably always buy that. We really liked plus in April.

Trying to stay at every resort, but we are creatures of habit!
Caribbean Beach/Riverside/Wilderness Lodge/All Star Movies/Beach Club/Contemporary

Raenstoirm is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 06:05 PM   #12
mountdew1
DIS Veteran

Last trip my DW and I ended up with 12 CDs after all the edits were done. If you are planning on doing MNSSHP then it may be worth it. There are a few magic shots around the mansion that are normally only done during MNSSHP now. Not doing characters makes it a bit of a harder sell.

Look at it this way. Figure 1 daytime picture in front of each park icon. And then 1 nighttime picture as well. That alone is 8 pictures. Now stopping a second time at each one, just in case something went wrong the first time. If you get other pictures at other locations, its just gravy. If you do prebuy the PhotoCD and don't like the pictures, they should refund it. Some shots like the bridge into France at twilight, or the fountain in Morocco are pretty cool, and can be romantic pics depending on your pose, and if other people sneak into the picture or not.

Now often if you tell them you prepurchased the PhotoCD, and also that it is your honeymoon, you may get extra shots taken by the photographer. Some of my favorite pictures are the ones where the photographer had us do different poses, beyond just the normal stand side by side, hold hands, etc. Don't be afraid to play around. Make silly faces, jump in your fiancee's arms, etc. Stuff that may sound silly helps you to get more relaxed and natural photos. As long as they don't have a line most will be more than willing to take extra shots if you have ideas.

Don't be afraid to ask them to take a picture with your camera as well. They are more than willing. That way you have at least some pictures even if you don't do the CD. They do tend to take more pictures and poses with their camera. (Except for the one guy at DLR the other week who didn't want to give me back my camera. He took like 15 pics with mine, 2 with his, and then spent the next 10 minutes talking cameras/photography with me.) Most of the photographers are not professionals, but will do a good job of taking basic pictures. Some are really good and really enjoy it and make amazing shots.
Old 09-10-2012, 06:21 PM   #13
ctnurse
DIS Veteran

DBF and I went alone last December and had used PP a lot. We are not good about taking pictures so we figured if we spend the $99 we would use it. I know it has gone up since then. We have so many great pics. We are both so glad we used it. We made it a point of looking for PP photographers and taking pics.

We went with my Mom and DS in August and did not use. We also are going in October for a few days and don't think we will use but would not hesitate to use again. Congrats on the wedding and honeymoon.

ctnurse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 10:46 AM   #14
crzyeeyoreangel
Mouseketeer

if you dont want to preorder, you can view them online after your trip. And the photopass people are super nice and will use your camera take pictures too. We did that our first time and them ordered a few of the "special shots"
~DISNEY WORLD SPRING 2015 OR BUST

crzyeeyoreangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 11:39 AM   #15
pg0314
Mouseketeer

I'm going next week () with my BFF and we preordered PhotoPass. When we've gone together in the past, we ended up with a lot of pictures of me alone and of her alone and only a handful of the two of us together. So we're kind of excited to try out PhotoPass. We're going to hit every PhotoPass photographer we see!
pg0314 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: