Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Universal Studios/Sea World > Universal Studios Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-31-2013, 09:08 PM   #271
macraven
Proud Redhead
Has the longest test on record
I’m a Universal Homie

Location: between milwaukee and chicago (in Tom Felton's house)

you are so talented...........

and, creative!

macraven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2013, 09:29 PM   #272
Pixiedust530
DIS Veteran

You call it a sickness...I call it genius!!! I love your planning style...it reminds me of ME! LOL. I am in love with the Gringotts withdrawal...what an adorably cute idea!!! The money bands around the tips are a really cute idea as well. I might have to do something similar for our Disney meals. We are not on the dining plan so we will be paying for meals AND tips OOP. I haven't yet decided if I will pay with cash, gift cards, my debit or a combo of all 3. Decisions, decisions!

You are exactly 3 weeks out and tomorrow I am exactly 5 weeks out...it can;t get here soon enough!

************************************************** ****************************************
June 1984:Offsite - June 1986:Offsite - July 1989:Contemporary - August 1992:Dixie Landings - June/July 2006:Offsite -
October 2011:All-Star Movies - October 2013:Bay Lake Tower(Lake View) - February 2014:Old Key West
Pixiedust530 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-31-2013, 11:20 PM   #273
GlendaO
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Hope- View Post

While Jace went with Doctor Who...

I know DW isn't really officially a Universal property and there's no show or ride... but there is a shop, so that counts, right! Mostly he just wanted something that he'd want to wear after the trip and this will definitely get some wear.

:
Okay. I'm really enjoying reading your PTR! We'll be there three weeks from yesterday so you're helping me loads :-)

I've got other questions but I'm saving them til I'm all caught up but, before I forget, a DW shop? How have I missed this? Maybe we've always been so HP focused, I haven't noticed. ;/)
Old 09-01-2013, 05:46 AM   #274
Twoboysnmygirl
DIS Veteran

Ok, I am NEVER letting any of our friends say I'm the one who is a planning freak! You are over the top! Even when I'm bored, I would never have thought of these things!

LOVE the money holders and how cool that you get to eat in the Simpsons area! WOOT!
Twoboysnmygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013, 09:10 AM   #275
-Hope-
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by macraven View Post
you are so talented...........

and, creative!
Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pixiedust530 View Post
You call it a sickness...I call it genius!!! I love your planning style...it reminds me of ME! LOL. I am in love with the Gringotts withdrawal...what an adorably cute idea!!! The money bands around the tips are a really cute idea as well. I might have to do something similar for our Disney meals. We are not on the dining plan so we will be paying for meals AND tips OOP. I haven't yet decided if I will pay with cash, gift cards, my debit or a combo of all 3. Decisions, decisions!

You are exactly 3 weeks out and tomorrow I am exactly 5 weeks out...it can;t get here soon enough!
We are both so close! Glad to know I'm not the only crazy planner. I found the withdrawal slips when I was searching for the seal to put on the envelopes and I just couldn't resist using them. I thought about gift cards as well but decided against them mainly because if there's a few dollars left on one I always end up having to spend more money just to use it up. Plus we have a day at Legoland as well so we'll have to use cash/debit there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlendaO View Post
Okay. I'm really enjoying reading your PTR! We'll be there three weeks from yesterday so you're helping me loads :-)

I've got other questions but I'm saving them til I'm all caught up but, before I forget, a DW shop? How have I missed this? Maybe we've always been so HP focused, I haven't noticed. ;/)
My understanding is that it's near T23D. I've seen pictures on another TR so I know it exists- we're pretty excited to check it out!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twoboysnmygirl View Post
Ok, I am NEVER letting any of our friends say I'm the one who is a planning freak! You are over the top! Even when I'm bored, I would never have thought of these things!

LOVE the money holders and how cool that you get to eat in the Simpsons area! WOOT!
Whatever do you mean??
-Hope- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 10:35 PM   #276
Alysa
DIS Veteran

Can't believe the trip is two weeks away for you! Love the scavenger hunt and the deposit slips but you know me - the DW shirt is my favourite of all!
78 & 85: Offsite w. parents, 00: New Years Eve at Port Orleans & Anniversary at BWV, 01: Star Wars Weekend at POR & Christmas at GF & BWV, 04: Baby's first trip AKL, 05: Spring at BCV; 06: Big Family Trip, BCV & Vero-WL homeless trip, 08: Minnie Marathon with my sister, Big family Not so scary halloween party, 10: Star Wars Weekend boys trip & Vero/WL summer holiday, Big Family Christmas, 11: Star Wars weekend, Summer road trip, 13: Halloween without mum

Up next June 2015 Changing my Life
Alysa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 11:35 PM   #277
-Hope-
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alysa View Post
Can't believe the trip is two weeks away for you! Love the scavenger hunt and the deposit slips but you know me - the DW shirt is my favourite of all!
Thanks Alysa! I can hardly believe how close it is!

And I love that shirt too! As soon as I find a good deal on a messenger bag I'm making one with a TARDIS design.

Last edited by -Hope-; 09-03-2013 at 07:17 AM.
Old 09-04-2013, 10:29 AM   #278
-Hope-
DIS Veteran

Apparently I just can't resist tinkering with plans. I waited quite a while before I printed what I thought were my finalized trip plans. But then I started thinking...

Monday evening my mom and I went for a walk. I asked her how her back was feeling and she said that while she is feeling better she's still tired and worn out easily. We don't really anticipate this being a huge problem in the parks because she'll have the opportunity to rest while we're riding some things she can't. But I also want to be sure she has times when she can truly rest.

After giving it some thought I decided to change our reservation at Finnegan's from dinner to lunch. The last reservation of the day is at 5 which would cut short any afternoon break we might get but if we do CS for dinner we won't have to be back in the parks until closer to 6 which means we don't have to rush out of the park and still have plenty of time for a relaxing break before we have to head back. Doing things after dinner isn't as much of an option either because there are A LOT of shows at US we want to see so a break to sit down and have a relaxing lunch followed by some shows before we get to take an actual break back at the hotel seems perfect.

I also reworked the order we'll tour IOA for the same reason. Also because I wanted to be sure we were near Thunder Falls Terrace around lunch time.

I'd be happy to post touring plans if anyone is actually interested- just let me know!

We watched The Blues Brothers over the weekend and enjoyed it. It wasn't as big of a hit as Jurassic Park or ET but we all liked it. I'm glad we watched it because the Blues Brothers show gets great reviews and the music was our favorite part. Jace said it was musical for dudes.

We still have a few movies I want the kids to see before we go but hopefully I'm finished tinkering with plans at this point...
Old 09-04-2013, 10:49 AM   #279
Twoboysnmygirl
DIS Veteran

I'm such a lousy friend, I never called you back to discuss your changes! Looks like a good change though, makes a lot of sense! BTW, you have email.
Twoboysnmygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 10:55 AM   #280
-Hope-
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twoboysnmygirl View Post
I'm such a lousy friend, I never called you back to discuss your changes! Looks like a good change though, makes a lot of sense! BTW, you have email.
Nah, I figured you were busy and if I couldn't figure it out we'd talk today in person.
Old 09-05-2013, 03:23 PM   #281
Tinker326
DIS Veteran

Gotta love Blues Brothers!!!

Especially since I'm a Chicagoean-

Tinker326 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 03:42 PM   #282
-Hope-
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinker326 View Post
Gotta love Blues Brothers!!!

Especially since I'm a Chicagoean-

Old 09-06-2013, 09:17 PM   #283
natebenma
DIS Veteran

Awesome Shirts!!!

I also did not know about the Doctor Who shop. My son would have loved it!!!

What great last minute plans. The withdrawal slips and money bands are super clever!
natebenma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2013, 10:57 PM   #284
Alysa
DIS Veteran

I can't tell you how good it is that the is not an actual shop with Doctor Who stuff. My husband and our bank account are very grateful.

Ah, you've got a little shop. I like a little shop!
78 & 85: Offsite w. parents, 00: New Years Eve at Port Orleans & Anniversary at BWV, 01: Star Wars Weekend at POR & Christmas at GF & BWV, 04: Baby's first trip AKL, 05: Spring at BCV; 06: Big Family Trip, BCV & Vero-WL homeless trip, 08: Minnie Marathon with my sister, Big family Not so scary halloween party, 10: Star Wars Weekend boys trip & Vero/WL summer holiday, Big Family Christmas, 11: Star Wars weekend, Summer road trip, 13: Halloween without mum

Up next June 2015 Changing my Life
Alysa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 09:54 AM   #285
-Hope-
DIS Veteran

Sorry it's taken me so long to respond. I haven't been incredibly busy but also haven't been in the mood to DIS. I think I'm waiting for the other shoe to drop and something else to go wrong so part of me is having a hard time getting excited for the trip. However, now that we're so close I am hopeful that this is really going to happen. And we are CLOSE!

10 DAYS!!!!!

We got Back to the Future in the mail a couple of days ago and haven't had the chance to watch it so that's our plan for our 10 day mark. Even though the ride is gone I thought it would be more fun for the kiddos to meet Doc Brown and see the Delorean if they'd actually seen the movie. Plus it's a fun, nostalgic movie anyways so this is a good excuse. I don't have any special treats or anything to go with it. Maybe Saturday for our one week countdown I can come up with something.

Oh, and we watched some old Transformers cartoons on Netflix. I wanted to the kids to know who Optimus Prime is for character greets but none of us wanted to watch the Micheal Bay movie. The cartoons were fun and reminded me of my little brother and Saturday mornings.

Quote:
Originally Posted by natebenma View Post
Awesome Shirts!!!

I also did not know about the Doctor Who shop. My son would have loved it!!!

What great last minute plans. The withdrawal slips and money bands are super clever!
Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alysa View Post
I can't tell you how good it is that the is not an actual shop with Doctor Who stuff. My husband and our bank account are very grateful.

Ah, you've got a little shop. I like a little shop!
I don't know if the entire shop is Doctor Who but they have plenty of stuff for sale. I read about it and saw pics in another trip report. Shirts, toys, keychains... lots of good stuff to blow my $$ on!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: