Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-10-2012, 09:57 AM   #1
Magpie
I guess there's not much else to do in the jar
Mean people - they don't matter

A question about Photopass Plus, and Cinderella's Royal Table?

I noticed that CTR photos are included in the prepaid Photopass Plus package.

How does that work? (We're visiting this December.)

CRT required prepayment, at the time I booked it, and the approximately 112 dollars I paid included the photo package.

How would Photopass Plus give me anything more at CRT, than what I've already paid for? If I'd already bought Photopass Plus, would I have been given a discount at CTR? Would they refund me the cost of the photo package?

I'm very confused...
Magpie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 10:35 AM   #2
siskaren
DIS Veteran

I think that since the photo package is included in the price of the meal that having PhotoPass + just means that you can have those pictures added to your CD.
siskaren is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-10-2012, 10:46 AM   #3
athenagwis
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magpie View Post
I noticed that CTR photos are included in the prepaid Photopass Plus package.

How does that work? (We're visiting this December.)

CRT required prepayment, at the time I booked it, and the approximately 112 dollars I paid included the photo package.

How would Photopass Plus give me anything more at CRT, than what I've already paid for? If I'd already bought Photopass Plus, would I have been given a discount at CTR? Would they refund me the cost of the photo package?

I'm very confused...
It has been reported by someone who did CRT that they received 2 packages, one that was included and one for PP+. So you get 2 printed sets of pictures and you can request each one in a different pose, so maybe child by themselves and one with the whole family. This is the case with any meal that already includes pictures.

Hope that helps!!
Rachel
athenagwis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 10:46 AM   #4
czmom
DIS Veteran

Great question! I would like to know the answer as well. Last December we had the regular Photopass, and on the picture package from CRT was a code to enter for the digital file. So I am not sure what could be different for the Photopass Plus.
Old 09-10-2012, 12:17 PM   #5
Raenstoirm
BL6 Team Challenge Tracker
Lets go get me your numbers!

I dont think it is different for plus. I think it is just marketing. CRT includes the photo regardless of photopass.

Trying to stay at every resort, but we are creatures of habit!
Caribbean Beach/Riverside/Wilderness Lodge/All Star Movies/Beach Club/Contemporary

Raenstoirm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 12:52 PM   #6
PolyndianPrincessJes
Alias: TotalSnowWhite
I'm a Snapfish/Shutterfly/Winkflash addict
Yes, you totally can do that, and I do!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by siskaren
I think that since the photo package is included in the price of the meal that having PhotoPass + just means that you can have those pictures added to your CD.
The pics can be added to your CD without having the +. You just enter the PP code on the picture and/or receipt.
Old 09-10-2012, 12:54 PM   #7
athenagwis
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raenstoirm View Post
I dont think it is different for plus. I think it is just marketing. CRT includes the photo regardless of photopass.
Yes you get the one included PLUS another set of photos. So if you have PP+ you get TWO sets of prints from CRT. You can choose different poses for each one. So there is a benefit there because you get 2 sets of prints instead of just one.

This was reported by someone that actually ate at CRT with PP+.

Rachel
Old 09-10-2012, 12:55 PM   #8
Fire14
Spartan Living in land of Buckeyes.

WE did pp+ when it was month old and dined at CRT we got nothing extra for having pp+ and I asked if we got extra pkg.
Old 09-10-2012, 01:00 PM   #9
athenagwis
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fire14 View Post
WE did pp+ when it was month old and dined at CRT we got nothing extra for having pp+ and I asked if we got extra pkg.
Hmmm I wonder if that was because it was newer, the report I saw that said they got the two packages was pretty recent. They might have figured out that there was no benefit to CRT if they didn't give you the extra set. PP+ has changed since it was new, like the pirate makeover was added to the line-up, etc.... so it wouldn't be far fetched if they made this change as well. I guess if the OP wants to be sure, their best bet might be to call Disney and ask. (Then let us know!! )

Rachel
Old 09-10-2012, 01:00 PM   #10
Magpie

Quote:
Originally Posted by athenagwis View Post
Yes you get the one included PLUS another set of photos. So if you have PP+ you get TWO sets of prints from CRT. You can choose different poses for each one. So there is a benefit there because you get 2 sets of prints instead of just one.

This was reported by someone that actually ate at CRT with PP+.

Rachel
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fire14 View Post
Oh dear...

So, I'm no less confused, but I do still appreciate everyone sharing their experiences with me! Anyone else eaten at CRT with PP+ recently?
Old 09-10-2012, 01:04 PM   #11
Magpie

Quote:
Originally Posted by athenagwis View Post
Hmmm I wonder if that was because it was newer, the report I saw that said they got the two packages was pretty recent. They might have figured out that there was no benefit to CRT if they didn't give you the extra set. PP+ has changed since it was new, like the pirate makeover was added to the line-up, etc.... so it wouldn't be far fetched if they made this change as well. I guess if the OP wants to be sure, their best bet might be to call Disney and ask. (Then let us know!! )

Rachel
Actually, I did call Disney - for a different reason, I needed to move a Dining reservation - and the poor CM hadn't the faintest clue what I was talking about. She had never heard of Photopass Plus before, and was just trying to helpfully tell me about "these little cards you get in the park". I told her it was okay.

I wonder which department would be the correct one to call? Dining clearly isn't it.

In any case, CRT isn't my make-or-break with regards to getting PP+. I'm thinking I'll just decide if it's worth it without it (for the ride photos, Tusker House breakfast, getting both husband and I into one pic, etc...). And then I won't be disappointed if there's no advantage to having PP+ at CRT.
Old 09-10-2012, 01:06 PM   #12
athenagwis
Mouseketeer

Here is the post I saw:

First post with everything she got with PP+: http://www.passporterboards.com/foru...&&#post4022161

Follow up saying she got an extra set for PP+: http://www.passporterboards.com/foru...?&#post4023746

Cheers!
Rachel
Old 09-10-2012, 01:07 PM   #13
athenagwis
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magpie View Post
Actually, I did call Disney - for a different reason, I needed to move a Dining reservation - and the poor CM hadn't the faintest clue what I was talking about. She had never heard of Photopass Plus before, and was just trying to helpfully tell me about "these little cards you get in the park". I told her it was okay.

I wonder which department would be the correct one to call? Dining clearly isn't it.

In any case, CRT isn't my make-or-break with regards to getting PP+. I'm thinking I'll just decide if it's worth it without it (for the ride photos, Tusker House breakfast, getting both husband and I into one pic, etc...). And then I won't be disappointed if there's no advantage to having PP+ at CRT.
LOL well there ya go!! Well at least one person (found the posts and linked above) was recently able to get an extra set, so I would at least ask, doesn't seem like much of a benefit otherwise.

Rachel
Old 09-10-2012, 01:12 PM   #14
Gorechick
DIS Veteran

When I was at CRT about 3 weeks ago I only got the one print photo package and the other photos we took were added on my Photopass+ account.
DTD-Courtyard by Marriott August 1997
Wilderness Lodge Honeymoon August 2002
Port Orleans- French Quarter Anniversary (AND Hurricane Charley) August 2004
Port Orleans- Riverside Royal Room- 10th Anniversary and First Trip with Twins August 2012
DS's WISH trip - Hopefully Aulani Resort! Summer 2015

Me (44) DH (40) DS (9) DD (9)

Waiting impatiently for our next family WDW trip!
Gorechick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 01:26 PM   #15
mom2rtk
DIS Veteran

Larger groups have always gotten more packages. Maybe it had something to do with that?
mom2rtk is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: