Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies > Doing the Happy Dance!
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 03-30-2013, 05:39 PM   #1426
Loreli
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ngingery View Post
Hello,

I'm new here
I'm taking my 5 yr DD for her first trip. We are going August 11-16
HI! What resort are you staying in? You will have the best time with your daughter, Thetorit was right!

Quote:
Originally Posted by squirrel4569 View Post
QOTD - Are you hoping that MagicBands will be available for our August trips?

My family is. We had KTTW cards with lanyards last year and the kids wouldn't keep theirs on half the time so my wife and I wound up with them. Add to that I had the PP+ card and I was carrying around a ton of stuff. Much rather have the RFID band that includes my room keys, park tickets, charge card and PP+ all together.
I really really really want the Magic Bands for our trip!!!! For all of the previous reasons mentioned.
Old 03-30-2013, 05:50 PM   #1427
solana131
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I hope so. I think they will be a welcome addition with everything tied to one. A little worried about how nasty they will look/smell/feel by the end of the week, but we'll give it a go

Feb'12 TR: How do I go back to a world that doesn't have fireworks every night?
July'12 TR: July 2012. Yes it was hot. Yes it was crowded. Yes it was FUN!
August'13 TR: Mom...am I supposed to have shoes on??
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-30-2013, 06:53 PM   #1428
jdd
DIS Veteran

Okay, weird question about the magic bands. They aren't on permanently for the entire trip, are they!? I mean, we could take them off to sleep at night? I can't stand having those bands on - whenever we get them at local parks, museums, etc, I have to take it off the minute I get in the car. And my kids are the same way. There's no way we'd be able to sleep in them (I know, I'm kind of a princess that way!). Anyone know
March 2002, May 2003, Nov 2007 - ASMo, Nov 2005 - CSR, April 2007 - CBR, Oct 2008 - POR, Aug 2009 - FW Cabins/Beach Club, Dec 2009 - ASSp (mom/son trip), Aug-Sept 2010-POR/Poly CL, Sept 2011-Poly (mom/son trip), May2012-CBR(anniversary trip), Aug2012-WWoHP and AKL-Kidani, Aug2013-PolyCL, Feb2014-CBR, Feb2015-CBR, Aug2015-PolyCL
Old 03-30-2013, 07:11 PM   #1429
solana131
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdd View Post
Okay, weird question about the magic bands. They aren't on permanently for the entire trip, are they!? I mean, we could take them off to sleep at night? I can't stand having those bands on - whenever we get them at local parks, museums, etc, I have to take it off the minute I get in the car. And my kids are the same way. There's no way we'd be able to sleep in them (I know, I'm kind of a princess that way!). Anyone know
From the pictures I have seen online, they definitely come off. They have a band similar to a watch with multiple positions for tightening. They look like they will be comfortable.

Old 03-31-2013, 08:18 AM   #1430
Loreli
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by solana131 View Post
From the pictures I have seen online, they definitely come off. They have a band similar to a watch with multiple positions for tightening. They look like they will be comfortable.
I really really hope they don't pop off. I would rather they are stuck on than worry my kids will be playing with them and loose them. "But Mama, I was just adjusting it" for the 145,000,000th time!! I read we will be able to choose color and there will be "attachments" you can buy to, well attach. And that you can pay more for a character one. Just another way to scrape a few more dollars outta our pocketts,,,again "But Mama I really want the princess one!!"
Old 03-31-2013, 09:33 AM   #1431
Princess Katherine
The Yeti's Girlfriend

Wow! You're really into planning huh? I'll be at Port Orleans Riverside 8/8 to 8/11 then Contemporary 8/11 to 8/21. I like planning too.
Old 03-31-2013, 11:27 AM   #1432
solana131
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princess Katherine View Post
Wow! You're really into planning huh?

Well yeah....planning is half the fun of a Disney vacation It's not a Disney trip without 5 spreadsheets going at the same time Thank goodness for smartphones...it was really tough when I had to carry the spreadsheets around with me!

Old 03-31-2013, 11:30 AM   #1433
solana131
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loreli View Post
I really really hope they don't pop off. I would rather they are stuck on than worry my kids will be playing with them and loose them. "But Mama, I was just adjusting it" for the 145,000,000th time!!
I think they will be okay. They look like a watch strap and kids wear watches all the time (well, mine doesn't, but I've seen other kids wear them)
Plus, there is so much other stuff for them to look at and do...they won't even notice the bands!

Old 03-31-2013, 11:39 AM   #1434
DisneyRunner2009
DIS Veteran

Just saw this and with room reservations just booked I'm joining in. This seems like a fun thread. I will be there August 2-10 at ASSp. Could I get a plain green Mickey head with the fab five motif. I don't need any name on it. Thank you. I have a lot of catch up reading on this thread ahead of me.
6/83 offsite, 6/05 POP, 6/06 POP, 8/07 POR, 8/08 CSR/POFQ, 3/09 ASMu PHM, 8/09 ASMu Free DDP, 8/10 POR/ASMu Free DDP, 8/11 POP Free QSDP, 7/12 POR, 9/12 ASMu TOT10Miler, 11/12 POR/ASSp, 8/13 ASSp/POFQ, 9/13 POP, 8/14 CSR, Hoping 2/2015 POFQ/POR

Old 03-31-2013, 12:49 PM   #1435
lovingeire
DIS Veteran

Happy Eater to all who celebrate! I'm enjoying my evening off last night for church and Easter Egg hunt and today to spend time with my family and catch up on the boards and get our bi-monthly menu and shopping lists together. Work has been so nuts, which is a good thing for my Disney budget, but it's nice to focus on my own trip and family for a bit!

Quote:
Yes, and no. I think my oldest DS and my husband will love them. I am personally worried about them getting gross, sweaty, etc, but overall I think they'll be great! I don't see my youngest wearing his, at least not for long, but I guess at 2 years old he won't need one?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JavArmy View Post
My only concern is that we are going on the military discount, so we have a room and dining plan, but no park tickets with our package. I hope this wouldn't delay us in geting the magic bands if others with packages are getting them I'm keeping my fingers crossed.
We are going with the military discount too. I am assuming we'd get the Magic Bands for our room and dining plan, but maybe have the tickets on the normal card tickets like they've always had. I imagine this to be so because in the past we've always had our KTTW card for room and dining and then a separate card for our tickets. We normally purchase ours on base at ITT but maybe if you purchased them at the park they'd put it on the band? I guess only time will tell on that one!

DL Native=Too many trips to count!DLP: 1998Tokyo Disney 2000
Disney Magic - 3/2014
DW: 4/1995 - Off Site; 12/2009 - CBR (DH & DS1's 1st trip!); 12/2012 - AoA Cars Suite (DS2's 1st trip!); 5/2013 - Pop AEP; 8/2013 - WL; 1/2015 - WL; 2/2015 -POFQ
Old 03-31-2013, 05:37 PM   #1436
JavArmy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovingeire View Post
We are going with the military discount too. I am assuming we'd get the Magic Bands for our room and dining plan, but maybe have the tickets on the normal card tickets like they've always had. I imagine this to be so because in the past we've always had our KTTW card for room and dining and then a separate card for our tickets. We normally purchase ours on base at ITT but maybe if you purchased them at the park they'd put it on the band? I guess only time will tell on that one!
This is kinda what I was thinking as well. I'd like to think that they'd put the military tickets on the band, but they haven't put them on the KTTW cards, so why change now... I just want my free Disney bracelet!!

Old 03-31-2013, 05:43 PM   #1437
JavArmy
DIS Veteran

I know this probably isn't the best place for this question, but i thought i'd give it a shot, something to keep the conversation going i guess...

Right now on our last day we have a breakfast reservation for Whispering Canyon Cafe. I was reading up on this and there weren't a lot of great reviews for this. I was wondering what you guys thought. If you don't think i should go, where should we go instead??

I will have a 5 year old and 7 year old who have been to disney 2 other times. We already have a reservation for chef mickey's, and we are just looking for a fun meal that really says "disney" before we have to go home. We don't have park tickets for that day and I'd like to go somewhere we've never been (so that rules out Ohana)

Whadda yall think?? Thanks for the help!!

Old 03-31-2013, 05:52 PM   #1438
mrstomrice
Thomas and Jake's Mommy:)

Quote:
I know this probably isn't the best place for this question, but i thought i'd give it a shot, something to keep the conversation going i guess...

Right now on our last day we have a breakfast reservation for Whispering Canyon Cafe. I was reading up on this and there weren't a lot of great reviews for this. I was wondering what you guys thought. If you don't think i should go, where should we go instead??

I will have a 5 year old and 7 year old who have been to disney 2 other times. We already have a reservation for chef mickey's, and we are just looking for a fun meal that really says "disney" before we have to go home. We don't have park tickets for that day and I'd like to go somewhere we've never been (so that rules out Ohana)

1900 Park Fare at GF has a nice breakfast buffet with May Poppins, Alice, the Mad Hatter and some Pooh characters. It is a lot of fun with great character interaction.
Old 03-31-2013, 06:15 PM   #1439
lovingeire
DIS Veteran

Quote:
This is kinda what I was thinking as well. I'd like to think that they'd put the military tickets on the band, but they haven't put them on the KTTW cards, so why change now... I just want my free Disney bracelet!!
Free Disney bracelet...Yes siree!!!! If they did put everything on the band then I would really be a fan of them. Keeping track of four bracelets and four cards is not nearly as convenient as just the Magic Band bracelets.

Quote:

We're staying at WL so we have a reservation at Whispering Canyon Cafe for dinner. I recently read a positive dinner review for there here on the boards. But of course, that's irrelevant since you're doing breakfast! Do you have boys or girls? What about 1900 Park Fare's Supercalifragilistic breakfast? Cape May Cafe? It's a little similar, minus Mickey, to Chef Mickey's though.

DL Native=Too many trips to count!DLP: 1998Tokyo Disney 2000
Disney Magic - 3/2014
DW: 4/1995 - Off Site; 12/2009 - CBR (DH & DS1's 1st trip!); 12/2012 - AoA Cars Suite (DS2's 1st trip!); 5/2013 - Pop AEP; 8/2013 - WL; 1/2015 - WL; 2/2015 -POFQ
Old 03-31-2013, 11:08 PM   #1440
thetorit
Mouseketeer

QOTD:

An add on to the last one. Would you pay to have a "themed" MagicBand?

I would cough up some money to have my daughters be Cinderella themed. I think it would be a great keepsake, and might encourage her to actually keep it on!

Jun '14 - ASMo
Aug '13 - AoA
May '07 - POP
Sep '94 - Swan
Closed Thread

Tags
august 2013, lgmh, planning, resorts, restaurants

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: