Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies > Doing the Happy Dance!
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 03-03-2013, 03:04 PM   #1021
JavArmy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisMom1981 View Post
You are right! Hope no one minds me putting one out there. If you could stay at any resort, which would it be? I have always dreamed about Grand Floridian. Love the exterior and the monorail convenience!

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards
Thanks for taking the initiative! We have stayed at Poly before and would love to go back, but I would also like to try Contemporary with a theme park view. Unless it was Christmas time, then I would want Wilderness Lodge. Who am I kidding, I'll go anywhere as long as I end up at Disney

Old 03-03-2013, 03:11 PM   #1022
sahmoffour
Mouseketeer

Quote:
You are right! Hope no one minds me putting one out there. If you could stay at any resort, which would it be? I have always dreamed about Grand Floridian. Love the exterior and the monorail convenience!

I have always had 2 that are my dream resorts, Poly and BC. We're lucky enough with this being an alone trip that we're staying at Beach Club this time, so I'll be able to strike that off the list!

ETA: Feel free to come up with the question of the day if I don't post one! I don't mind at all! Some days are tough for me to find time to get one here, and anything that helps our thread to pick up the pace makes me happy. I love chatting Disney and it gets me excited for August!
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-03-2013, 03:22 PM   #1023
DisMom1981
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disneylover99

Excellent question!
I would really love to stay at the BC. Then I would definitely get park hoppers and eat at Epcot everyday! I just love Epcot! It would be so cool to be so close!
That is a great plan!

August 2014 Trip Report (In progress) http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3324325

Pre -Trip Report for August 2014
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3215904

July 2012 Disney Fantasy
August 2013 Walt Disney World - Pop Century
Old 03-03-2013, 03:28 PM   #1024
DisMom1981
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by sahmoffour

I have always had 2 that are my dream resorts, Poly and BC. We're lucky enough with this being an alone trip that we're staying at Beach Club this time, so I'll be able to strike that off the list!

ETA: Feel free to come up with the question of the day if I don't post one! I don't mind at all! Some days are tough for me to find time to get one here, and anything that helps our thread to pick up the pace makes me happy. I love chatting Disney and it gets me excited for August!
I love the alone trip! I need to turn my husband into a Disney Lover!

August 2014 Trip Report (In progress) http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3324325

July 2012 Disney Fantasy
Old 03-03-2013, 03:36 PM   #1025
lovingeire
DIS Veteran

Quote:

For my family it's probably Contemporary and I'm hoping we can do that in January. Maybe Beach Club for another summer trip? But my ultimate goal is GF too! Except that I just want to go for an adults only trip with my husband for that one!

DL Native=Too many trips to count!DLP: 1998Tokyo Disney 2000
Disney Magic - 3/2014
DW: 4/1995 - Off Site; 12/2009 - CBR (DH & DS1's 1st trip!); 12/2012 - AoA Cars Suite (DS2's 1st trip!); 5/2013 - Pop AEP; 8/2013 - WL; 1/2015 - WL; 2/2015 -POFQ
Old 03-03-2013, 04:06 PM   #1026
jdd
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrstomrice View Post
It doesn't hurt to call and see if you have a pin attached to your name. We had one tied to our name and we didn't know
Yeah, I may do that tomorrow. I called to get the AAA rates (since you can't get those on the website) and I thought maybe the CM would tell me if I had a pin, but I didn't specifically ask. Maybe they can't tell you unless you ask .
March 2002, May 2003, Nov 2007 - ASMo, Nov 2005 - CSR, April 2007 - CBR, Oct 2008 - POR, Aug 2009 - FW Cabins/Beach Club, Dec 2009 - ASSp (mom/son trip), Aug-Sept 2010-POR/Poly CL, Sept 2011-Poly (mom/son trip), May2012-CBR(anniversary trip), Aug2012-WWoHP and AKL-Kidani, Aug2013-PolyCL, Feb2014-CBR, Feb2015-CBR, Aug2015-PolyCL
Old 03-03-2013, 04:11 PM   #1027
thetorit
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovingeire View Post
I have to say that my husband is the same way. I swear Disney, especially Magic Kingdom, makes his PTSD act up. But he muddles through for me and the kids! He liked Rose & Crown last trip, but he also likes most any place he can get a beer! We are going to try Via Napoli next trip. Actually his favorite part of Disney is the food so we're doing the DxDP to appease him. Raglan Road at DTD is another favorite of his. (However, they're kind of similar, but the food at Rose & Crown is much more traditional pup fare while Raglan Road is more creative and upscale I think.) Nine Dragons always seems quiet or San Angel? I asked him and he just shook his head. He goes with the flow as much as possible!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThereYouSeeHer View Post
I would probably recommend LeCellier for Epcot and Liberty Tree Tavern for MK. We didn't feel rushed at either and, at least for us, the tables we received were situated nicely apart from other tables.
Thanks! He chose Via Napoli and San Angel. I took him to the TRex Café in Kansas City to test his reaction (that place is LOUD!) and he did okay, but I know he'd do better in a less rowdy environment.

Jun '14 - ASMo
Aug '13 - AoA
May '07 - POP
Sep '94 - Swan
Old 03-03-2013, 05:03 PM   #1028
beebeeryan
DIS Veteran

Quote:

My dream resort has been any one of the Boardwalk/Epcot area resort since I first walked over there 15 years ago on our honeymoon. Finally this August we're staying at YC!!! Not complaining though, we stayed at VWL and CR on past trips and POFQ on our honeymoon and loved them all.

Old 03-03-2013, 05:41 PM   #1029
akayf
Mouseketeer

Quote:

I want to stay at Poly...looks so pretty.

I would also like the Beach Club since the boys would love the pool. And Animal Kingdom Lodge with a savanah view. But those 2 will never happen. DH refuses to stay anywhere other than Contemporary or Poly since those were the only places he ever stayed at as a child. oh well, at least my Poly dreams will come true at some point.

Me DH DS1 (5) DS2 (2)
Old 03-03-2013, 05:56 PM   #1030
333disneymom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisMom1981

I would like to stay at the Grand Floridian during the holiday season.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards
Old 03-03-2013, 06:43 PM   #1031
msyjoa
MJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisMom1981

Since this is our first trip I don't have anything for comparison, but I would love to stay at the Poly! My dh is Hawaiian, so I thought it would be a bit tongue in cheek to book a stay there!! Really though I would love the chance to stay in any deluxe.
Old 03-03-2013, 06:54 PM   #1032
DisMom1981
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by msyjoa

Since this is our first trip I don't have anything for comparison, but I would love to stay at the Poly! My dh is Hawaiian, so I thought it would be a bit tongue in cheek to book a stay there!! Really though I would love the chance to stay in any deluxe.
I've never stayed at any of them! My family always stayed off property when I was little even with my mom's CM (Disney Store) discount!! My DH and I are taking our kids for the first time and staying at POP, but would LOVE to stay at as many different resorts as I can in the future if I can swallow the price differences!!!

July 2012 Disney Fantasy
Old 03-03-2013, 07:50 PM   #1033
ThereYouSeeHer
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I've never stayed at any of them! My family always stayed off property when I was little even with my mom's CM (Disney Store) discount!! My DH and I are taking our kids for the first time and staying at POP, but would LOVE to stay at as many different resorts as I can in the future if I can swallow the price differences!!!

We handle the price difference by spending one night at a more expensive moderate or deluxe and the rest of our stay at a less expensive resort like a value. We love sampling resorts and try to stay at multiple resorts in each trip!

2003 May (Offsite), 2007 Dec (ASMo), 2008 Dec (POP), 2009 Dec (ASMu, CSR, and AKL), 2010 Dec (ASSp, SSR), 2011 Sep (Dream, POFQ), 2012 Sep (OKW, Dream), 2013 Aug (AoA, POR, ASMo), 2014 Nov (Poly, ASMu), 2015 Oct (Vero, Magic, FW Cabins)

Disney Bingo
Values left to try: None! (Done: ASMo, ASMu, ASSp, POP, AOA)
Moderates left to try: CBR, FW (Done: POFQ, POR, CSR)
Deluxes & Villas left to try: GF, Poly, WL, YC, BC, BW, CR (Done: OKW, AKL, SSR)
Beach Resorts left to try: HHI, Vero
Cruise Ships left to try: Magic, Wonder, Fantasy (Done: Dream)
Months left to try: Jan, Feb, Mar, Apr, Jun, Jul, Oct, Nov (Done: May, Aug, Sep, Dec)

Splish, Splash, the Dream was a Blast! 9/1/2011 Trip Report
Old 03-03-2013, 08:02 PM   #1034
thetorit
Mouseketeer

Quote:

Same here! I would LOVE to stay at BC but I also love not spending my 2-3x my mortgage for a week stay.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThereYouSeeHer View Post
We handle the price difference by spending one night at a more expensive moderate or deluxe and the rest of our stay at a less expensive resort like a value. We love sampling resorts and try to stay at multiple resorts in each trip!
I always wondered if moving resorts complicates things. Like, do you have to get up early just to move your bags?

Jun '14 - ASMo
Aug '13 - AoA
May '07 - POP
Sep '94 - Swan
Old 03-03-2013, 08:39 PM   #1035
kbender295
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by JavArmy

I know this is the question from yesterday, but I didn't see a new question for today, so I'm answering this one. We love the People Mover as well. My 5 year old loves it because she wan't big enough for space mountain, but she still got to go in and see it because of the People Mover! It's also a nice relaxing ride to take a break. Although, we almost never ride it in the day time, this is always one of our last things to do!
Magic Kingdom - tie Pirates/haunted Mansion
Epcot - looking forward to Soarin'
MGM- rockin rollercoaster
AK - Kilimanjaro Safari
Closed Thread

Tags
august 2013, lgmh, planning, resorts, restaurants

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: