Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies > Doing the Happy Dance!
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 01-12-2013, 09:52 PM   #406
mrstomrice
Thomas and Jake's Mommy:)

I am obsessing over the quest for good airfare I hope to spend less than $800 for 4 direct flights from PHL or Trenton. I wish I had a crystal ball to know what to do I guess we all do, right?
Old 01-12-2013, 10:59 PM   #407
OThopeful35
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrstomrice View Post
I am obsessing over the quest for good airfare I hope to spend less than $800 for 4 direct flights from PHL or Trenton. I wish I had a crystal ball to know what to do I guess we all do, right?
I bought one way tickets to MCO but we need return tickets, I am hoping I can get another deal before August

POR~Aug 2010 (1st visit) POFQ Aug 2011 POP/POFQ Aug 2013
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-13-2013, 09:35 AM   #408
poohlover4life
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrstomrice View Post

I know exactly what you mean! I keep checking different website, and looking at different deals every week. Last year I bought them in Feb thinking I shouldn't wait any longer. Then in April I found the exact same tickets on the same flights for 200 dollars LESS! I was so sad. I feel like buying air fair is a bit of a gamble theses days lol.
Old 01-13-2013, 10:34 AM   #409
momto3gr8boys
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by poohlover4life

I know exactly what you mean! I keep checking different website, and looking at different deals every week. Last year I bought them in Feb thinking I shouldn't wait any longer. Then in April I found the exact same tickets on the same flights for 200 dollars LESS! I was so sad. I feel like buying air fair is a bit of a gamble theses days lol.
I know what you all mean. But for the past number of years the price just kept going up and I can't remember the last time I paid under $300 a ticket so I grabbed our airfare last week. I am also very particular when going to Disney because of the per day cost of being there...therefore I will only fly direct on an early morning out and a late evening coming home, which limits my choices. Good news is I was able to use some points and only ended up paying $500 out of pocket for the 5 of us! Good luck searching!

Old 01-13-2013, 11:42 AM   #410
flnngn2
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MouseIsInTheHouse

KSL - I have also embraced my inner-geek and am a complete Excel spreadsheet planning crazed lunatic when it comes to vacations. It is totally an addiction. LOL! Happy planning!
I have my spreadsheets going too! As I wait for the August dates to be released ( our trip is 7/30-8/7@ Yacht club) I have several outlines of itineraries planned out based on several different scenarios of scheduling. Now with the my magic+ out there it makes my planning either easier ( we can plan a little more down time if we can use it) or more stressful if we can't. ADR date only 17 days away!
Old 01-14-2013, 06:05 AM   #411
poohlover4life
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by momto3gr8boys View Post
I know what you all mean. But for the past number of years the price just kept going up and I can't remember the last time I paid under $300 a ticket so I grabbed our airfare last week. I am also very particular when going to Disney because of the per day cost of being there...therefore I will only fly direct on an early morning out and a late evening coming home, which limits my choices. Good news is I was able to use some points and only ended up paying $500 out of pocket for the 5 of us! Good luck searching!
WOW you did GREAT! I paid more than that last year for just my husband and I. I hope I have your shopping savvy when I finally take the ticket plunge :-D
Old 01-14-2013, 08:37 AM   #412
krd315
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SenecaWolf View Post
Yes folks there is a facebook page! The link is on the first post and also in my signature. There is also a FB Doc in there so you can post your real name and DisName so we know who is who.

I'm gonna get to work now on adding the new people to our resort list
Hi Sarah,

I just sent you a fb request with e-mail kitkat... Also, we have changed our dates to: 8/17 - 8/24 at POR as we decided not to do a cruise this year. Thanks so much for doing this thread and the fb page. I love the planning!

Next up: Sept 2014 -POR
Past trips: Aug 2013, Sept 2012, Jan 2012, Aug 2000
Old 01-14-2013, 08:42 AM   #413
DisneyGuy758
Let's go Murphys!

Hi everyone!

Without having to pour through every page here...does anyone know which water park will be open 8/11-8/16? Or is it too early for that?

Me DW DS 14 DS 8 DS 2

The DisneyGuy Clan Hits the world...8/10-8/16

My non-Disney related hobby.
Old 01-14-2013, 09:17 AM   #414
ThereYouSeeHer
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyGuy758 View Post
Hi everyone!

Without having to pour through every page here...does anyone know which water park will be open 8/11-8/16? Or is it too early for that?
As far as I know, both should be open at that time. I believe Blizzard Beach is currently closed for rehab, but everything should be ok for August. We should have August calendars within a week or two.

2003 May (Offsite), 2007 Dec (ASMo), 2008 Dec (POP), 2009 Dec (ASMu, CSR, and AKL), 2010 Dec (ASSp, SSR), 2011 Sep (Dream, POFQ), 2012 Sep (OKW, Dream), 2013 Aug (AoA, POR, ASMo), 2014 Nov (Poly, ASMu, HHI), 2015 Oct (Vero, Magic, CBR)

Disney Bingo
Values left to try: None! (Done: ASMo, ASMu, ASSp, POP, AOA)
Moderates left to try: CBR, FW (Done: POFQ, POR, CSR)
Deluxes & Villas left to try: GF, WL, YC, BC, BW, CR (Done: Poly, OKW, AKL, SSR)
Beach Resorts left to try: Vero (Done: HHI)
Cruise Ships left to try: Magic, Wonder, Fantasy (Done: Dream)
Months left to try: Jan, Feb, Mar, Apr, Jun, Jul, Oct (Done: May, Aug, Sep, Nov, Dec)

Splish, Splash, the Dream was a Blast! 9/1/2011 Trip Report
Old 01-14-2013, 09:21 AM   #415
DisneyGuy758
Let's go Murphys!

I figured it was a bit too early.

I'm chomping at the bit to get some ADRs in...

Me DW DS 14 DS 8 DS 2

Old 01-14-2013, 09:27 AM   #416
ThereYouSeeHer
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyGuy758 View Post
I figured it was a bit too early.

I'm chomping at the bit to get some ADRs in...
I know. It's going to be cutting it close with receiving the hours in enough time to plan for ADRs properly!

2003 May (Offsite), 2007 Dec (ASMo), 2008 Dec (POP), 2009 Dec (ASMu, CSR, and AKL), 2010 Dec (ASSp, SSR), 2011 Sep (Dream, POFQ), 2012 Sep (OKW, Dream), 2013 Aug (AoA, POR, ASMo), 2014 Nov (Poly, ASMu, HHI), 2015 Oct (Vero, Magic, CBR)

Disney Bingo
Deluxes & Villas left to try: GF, WL, YC, BC, BW, CR (Done: Poly, OKW, AKL, SSR)
Months left to try: Jan, Feb, Mar, Apr, Jun, Jul, Oct (Done: May, Aug, Sep, Nov, Dec)

Old 01-14-2013, 09:31 AM   #417
DisneyGuy758
Let's go Murphys!

I have a couple of specific places in mind that I'm going to go for first...after that it's luck of the draw!

Me DW DS 14 DS 8 DS 2

Old 01-14-2013, 06:54 PM   #418
anjalee6
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThereYouSeeHer View Post
I know. It's going to be cutting it close with receiving the hours in enough time to plan for ADRs properly!

Park hours were released for August today!

I am so happy that I guessed all the EMH correctly so I don't have to adjust my plans!
Old 01-14-2013, 07:03 PM   #419
ThereYouSeeHer
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by anjalee6 View Post

I am so happy that I guessed all the EMH correctly so I don't have to adjust my plans!
Yay! I see it, I see it! I had been checking all morning, but figured it wouldn't happen today. Thanks for letting us know, I am so excited to get started planning for real!!

Disney Bingo

Old 01-14-2013, 07:07 PM   #420
KSL
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by anjalee6 View Post
Oooh, yay! I checked earlier and they were still through July. I'm going to go look them up right now!!

Aug '06 ASMovies (DH, me & DD1 trip) / June '07 POR (10th anniversary trip) / Aug '08 POP (DH, me & DD2 trip) / Aug '10 CBR (DH, me & DD3 trip) / Aug '11 Split Stay AKV/BLT (whole family, finally!) / Feb. '12 OKW / July '12 GCH (no kids!) / BWV/BLT split stay Aug '13 / YC May '14 (SWW!) / VGF/BLT split stay July-Aug '14

Closed Thread

Tags
august 2013, lgmh, planning, resorts, restaurants

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: