Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies > Doing the Happy Dance!
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 01-07-2013, 03:31 PM   #376
ThereYouSeeHer
DIS Veteran

Whew, just finished reading this whole thread!

We booked a free dining bounceback for August 2013 when we went to WDW in September 2012. We will be staying at CBR from August 18th-August 21st (the 21st is our 9 year wedding anniversary!).

We may change the dates once our school calendar is released, and we may change resorts if AoA gets added, but that's what we booked for now. Since it's getting close to ADR time, I thought it was time to hop on this thread and get serious about planning!

2003 May (Offsite), 2007 Dec (ASMo), 2008 Dec (POP), 2009 Dec (ASMu, CSR, and AKL), 2010 Dec (ASSp, SSR), 2011 Sep (Dream, POFQ), 2012 Sep (OKW, Dream), 2013 Aug (AoA, POR, ASMo), 2014 Nov (Poly, ASMu, HHI), 2015 Oct (Vero, Magic, CBR)

Disney Bingo
Values left to try: None! (Done: ASMo, ASMu, ASSp, POP, AOA)
Moderates left to try: CBR, FW (Done: POFQ, POR, CSR)
Deluxes & Villas left to try: GF, WL, YC, BC, BW, CR (Done: Poly, OKW, AKL, SSR)
Beach Resorts left to try: Vero (Done: HHI)
Cruise Ships left to try: Magic, Wonder, Fantasy (Done: Dream)
Months left to try: Jan, Feb, Mar, Apr, Jun, Jul, Oct (Done: May, Aug, Sep, Nov, Dec)

Splish, Splash, the Dream was a Blast! 9/1/2011 Trip Report
Old 01-07-2013, 05:50 PM   #377
pixiegirl14
Earning My Ears

Just booked Aug 12th-Aug 17th at Coronado Springs! DH and 2 DDs plus my parents who have not been to Disney since 1978, hoping it won't be too hot for them!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-07-2013, 07:28 PM   #378
mrstomrice
Thomas and Jake's Mommy:)

Yeah~ we were able to snag a reservation at Boardwalk Villas for Aug 7-14, We have to call back tomorrow to add an additional day. I am trying to convince DH to do a split stay with another DVC resort...betting I win this one
Is there a facebook group for August going on yet? I really enjoyed the December group's facebook page...easier to share photos and keep tabs on
Old 01-07-2013, 07:32 PM   #379
amtag
Mouseketeer

I don't know if there is a Facebook page, if there is please post a link, much easier for me to follow there!

I have been trying to work on ADRs but I find it so hard when I don't know park days/hours. For those of you that are planning, how do you decide which days to go to which restaurants. We have hopper passes so we are not restricted to one park for dinner, I just feel lost as to where to start!

1ST NON-SUMMER VISIT, 1ST MVMCP
Old 01-07-2013, 10:06 PM   #380
nafiaw
Earning My Ears

Hi follow team August!! I am new to the thread.. but boy! am I gald I found you guys. Haven't finish reading all the post yet, will definitely catch up tomorrow. Just want to poke my head in here and say hi to everyone!!

I am going with DH (39), DD (9) and DD (5) from 8/23~9/1. Booked our room at AoA LM section. LM is my little DD's favorite princess. She is going to be beyond thrilled. This trip is for her late 5th birthdy & early 6th birthday celebration. Hoping to get FD... (keeping fingers crossed!!)
Old 01-07-2013, 10:36 PM   #381
SenecaWolf
I let my mind wander and it didn't come back!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrstomrice View Post
Yeah~ we were able to snag a reservation at Boardwalk Villas for Aug 7-14, We have to call back tomorrow to add an additional day. I am trying to convince DH to do a split stay with another DVC resort...betting I win this one
Is there a facebook group for August going on yet? I really enjoyed the December group's facebook page...easier to share photos and keep tabs on
Quote:
Originally Posted by amtag View Post
I don't know if there is a Facebook page, if there is please post a link, much easier for me to follow there!

I have been trying to work on ADRs but I find it so hard when I don't know park days/hours. For those of you that are planning, how do you decide which days to go to which restaurants. We have hopper passes so we are not restricted to one park for dinner, I just feel lost as to where to start!
Yes folks there is a facebook page! The link is on the first post and also in my signature. There is also a FB Doc in there so you can post your real name and DisName so we know who is who.

I'm gonna get to work now on adding the new people to our resort list

CBR - 4/18/12-4/24/12 - First Family Trip/ DD's Sweet 16POP - 8/25/12-8/30/12 - Mother/Son TripCBR - 8/24/13-9/1/13 - 2nd Family Trip
Old 01-07-2013, 10:53 PM   #382
SenecaWolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by michellelovesthemous View Post
We booked BB before we left in November for a return trip home to Pop Century from August 17th to September 1st!! This s a bittersweet trip as DD is in HS now it s too stressful for her to go in early Dec. so we have added 4 extra days and WP&M option for once! Only 220+ days to go!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by pjfranklin View Post
Although we didn't book BB, We are going from August 24th-31st 2013. Really hoping for a Free DP offer. We'll be staying at AoA!! First time for the entire family!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by mieshie75 View Post
Hello, our whole family (10 of us) is going in August. The 16th thru the 23rd. I havent booked yet. But we have all put in our vacation requests at work. I am planning on booking next week. I have a few questions maybe someone can answer? Does anybody know where i can find the park emh's for the month of August. and also does anybody know if they will be running any promos like free dining at that time? I am super excited for this trip. However i am the planning nazi in my house and this means work for me. By the way please add me to the facebook. or tell me how to do it thanks.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MouseIsInTheHouse View Post
O-M-G... kids and hubby making me crazy with planning (did I really say last week that I was happy that they were going to be helping organize this trip? - LOL!) So, after pricing and looking at plans with the family, it is nearly unanimous that everyone wants to go back to POR and not BWI... Still looking to book August 3rd - 9th (7 days) with PH&WPM and QSDP.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gemini2727 View Post
Can't wait! We're bouncing back August 22-31, staying at the Beach Club for the first time. (Will miss Port Orleans, but excited to try somewhere new!)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThereYouSeeHer View Post
Whew, just finished reading this whole thread!

We booked a free dining bounceback for August 2013 when we went to WDW in September 2012. We will be staying at CBR from August 18th-August 21st (the 21st is our 9 year wedding anniversary!).

We may change the dates once our school calendar is released, and we may change resorts if AoA gets added, but that's what we booked for now. Since it's getting close to ADR time, I thought it was time to hop on this thread and get serious about planning!
Quote:
Originally Posted by pixiegirl14 View Post
Just booked Aug 12th-Aug 17th at Coronado Springs! DH and 2 DDs plus my parents who have not been to Disney since 1978, hoping it won't be too hot for them!
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrstomrice View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by nafiaw View Post
Hi follow team August!! I am new to the thread.. but boy! am I gald I found you guys. Haven't finish reading all the post yet, will definitely catch up tomorrow. Just want to poke my head in here and say hi to everyone!!

I am going with DH (39), DD (9) and DD (5) from 8/23~9/1. Booked our room at AoA LM section. LM is my little DD's favorite princess. She is going to be beyond thrilled. This trip is for her late 5th birthdy & early 6th birthday celebration. Hoping to get FD... (keeping fingers crossed!!)
Everyone added!! Just remember that if you need changes to be made just let me know! We're getting to be quite the group! I'm so excited!!

CBR - 4/18/12-4/24/12 - First Family Trip/ DD's Sweet 16POP - 8/25/12-8/30/12 - Mother/Son TripCBR - 8/24/13-9/1/13 - 2nd Family Trip
Old 01-08-2013, 03:24 AM   #383
SenecaWolf

Some additions and changes to the first posts. Added a few links, getting threads set for the ADR and Park Days. I'm going to post a link to the park hours and crowd calendars as soon as their available. So far added resort maps and photopass link. If anyone can think of any links that should be on the front page let me know!

Old 01-08-2013, 09:58 AM   #384
Loreli
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by amtag View Post
Here's the link to the calendar:

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/calendars/
They have posted the schedule up through July 29th!!! It's coming It's coming...August is Coming!!!!
Old 01-08-2013, 11:03 AM   #385
KSL
Mouseketeer

Dork Alert!

Where else can I proudly proclaim I have now started an Excel Spreadsheet to keep up with my Disney trip planning!? I have tabs for park hours (when we know them), confirmation numbers, ADRs (when I can make them), meet-ups with friends, etc. I can't help it -- I am addicted to Excel. I was thinking last night that I should start a spreadsheet to help my DD10 track her sit-ups and push-ups for her Black Belt requirement in May.... it's a disorder, I know!

About the Facebook page: I am not on Facebook (probably the last American female under 50 who has not joined!). Hopefully this thread will continue simultaneously with the FB page as I will be relying on everyone's advice here more and more as August approaches!!

Aug '06 ASMovies (DH, me & DD1 trip) / June '07 POR (10th anniversary trip) / Aug '08 POP (DH, me & DD2 trip) / Aug '10 CBR (DH, me & DD3 trip) / Aug '11 Split Stay AKV/BLT (whole family, finally!) / Feb. '12 OKW / July '12 GCH (no kids!) / BWV/BLT split stay Aug '13 / YC May '14 (SWW!) / VGF/BLT split stay July-Aug '14

Old 01-08-2013, 11:08 AM   #386
OregonMomToWDW
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by KSL View Post
Where else can I proudly proclaim I have now started an Excel Spreadsheet to keep up with my Disney trip planning!? I have tabs for park hours (when we know them), confirmation numbers, ADRs (when I can make them), meet-ups with friends, etc. I can't help it -- I am addicted to Excel. I was thinking last night that I should start a spreadsheet to help my DD10 track her sit-ups and push-ups for her Black Belt requirement in May.... it's a disorder, I know!

About the Facebook page: I am not on Facebook (probably the last American female under 50 who has not joined!). Hopefully this thread will continue simultaneously with the FB page as I will be relying on everyone's advice here more and more as August approaches!!
I have an excel spreadsheet too. My tabs have budget, park days, dining, pharmacy list (items that have to be packed for WDW), snack list. It is fun to plan.

PTR: 1 Summer, 2 Coasts, 3 Kids...Ready, Set, Go! http://www.disboards.com/showthread....6#post51560086
Old 01-08-2013, 04:14 PM   #387
SenecaWolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by KSL View Post

LOL I even make excel forms for my christmas lists so I know how much was spent on who and overall

And the FB page is only an extra, this will always be the primary spot for info!

Old 01-09-2013, 06:30 AM   #388
poohlover4life
Mouseketeer

Hello fellow Disney lovers!! I was wondering if anyone has heard anything definite about the meal plan discount. I keep looking on the website and can't find anything, is it still to early to look do you think? I just don't want to miss my chance lol.
Old 01-09-2013, 06:50 AM   #389
ThereYouSeeHer
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by poohlover4life View Post
Hello fellow Disney lovers!! I was wondering if anyone has heard anything definite about the meal plan discount. I keep looking on the website and can't find anything, is it still to early to look do you think? I just don't want to miss my chance lol.
There is no dining offer yet, but I'm sure it will be announced here, if and when it arrives! The current special offers (room and ticket deals) expire on March 7 and 31st for travel through mid-June. Although they sometimes overlap offers, waiting for additional deals until March or later would be a more reasonable timeframe. That said, I still check almost every day, just for the fun of it!

2003 May (Offsite), 2007 Dec (ASMo), 2008 Dec (POP), 2009 Dec (ASMu, CSR, and AKL), 2010 Dec (ASSp, SSR), 2011 Sep (Dream, POFQ), 2012 Sep (OKW, Dream), 2013 Aug (AoA, POR, ASMo), 2014 Nov (Poly, ASMu, HHI), 2015 Oct (Vero, Magic, CBR)

Disney Bingo
Values left to try: None! (Done: ASMo, ASMu, ASSp, POP, AOA)
Moderates left to try: CBR, FW (Done: POFQ, POR, CSR)
Deluxes & Villas left to try: GF, WL, YC, BC, BW, CR (Done: Poly, OKW, AKL, SSR)
Beach Resorts left to try: Vero (Done: HHI)
Cruise Ships left to try: Magic, Wonder, Fantasy (Done: Dream)
Months left to try: Jan, Feb, Mar, Apr, Jun, Jul, Oct (Done: May, Aug, Sep, Nov, Dec)

Splish, Splash, the Dream was a Blast! 9/1/2011 Trip Report
Old 01-09-2013, 07:20 AM   #390
mieshie75
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by nafiaw

Please add me too. Finally decided and booked Caribbean beach Aug 16-22. All 13 of us . Now I have some serious planning to do to keep this trip from falling apart.

I love a warm pig belly for my feet.
Closed Thread

Tags
august 2013, lgmh, planning, resorts, restaurants

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: