Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies > Doing the Happy Dance!
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 04-16-2013, 05:45 PM   #1651
pigletto
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by thetorit View Post
I have every single meal planned, including the grocery list for snacks. My husband says my planning is exhausting him.
Well my laid back approach to this trip is a little misleading. We just got back from a trip 6 weeks ago, and I have booked a surprise Christmas trip at the Wilderness Lodge for the week before Christmas. So this August trip will have a few park days from leftover tickets but it's more of an offsite trip.
I am planning the heck out of the December one, it's just too early for ADR's etc.

So in appearing to be relaxed, if you look a little closer I am actually an obsessed Disney nutjob.
Old 04-16-2013, 06:56 PM   #1652
thetorit
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koh1977 View Post
I too am curious as to what goes in your welcome packages. And when/how do they receive them?

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovingeire View Post
Oooo, what are you including in your kids Welcome Packages? I did welcome packages for my kids in December so I'm always curious what others would include! I can't decide if I should do them or not this trip?
I am having my sister take my kids to look around the resort while my husband and I check in, then put all of our bags in the room and decorate!

I'm making a welcome banner that says "WELCOME BELLA & NOAH!" with each letter on cardstock Mickey Ears. Will have streamers and balloons around the room (including clear ones that will have "pixie dust" inside!), and I'll be making Mickey confetti with the cool Mickey punch thing I bought online earlier. Thinking about making the Mickey foot prints too.

Instead of gift boxes (because I couldn't find ones that sounded sturdy but could also fold to fit in a suitcase while traveling) I'm getting them personalized canvas tote bags from Etsy. DDs is Cinderella themed (white with a blue tulle skirt) and DSs is Mickey themed (red with white polka dots and a black mickey head) with their names on the top.

Inside each will be a picture frame, custom made autograph book with marker, their "1st Visit" buttons, ID bracelets with mine and their dads phone numbers on them (I'm a worrier), stickers, the refillable mug we get for the DDP for DD/a Disney themed sippy for DS (he'll be 1), Disney coloring books with Mickey crayons I found at the dollar store, some Disney themed tattoos, snacks (we're ordering from Garden Grocer so we'll pick that up when we check in and then pop them in the bags), customized Mickey ears, and I'm going to make them each Disney fleece knot blankets and get their names and 2013 embroidered on it.

My DD is not a big water fan, so I'll see how they each do at the pool this summer. If they enjoy it, their bags will include a new swim suit and customized towel.

They'll also get a letter from the Mouse himself welcoming them to his "house" (that's where DD says we're going) and inviting them to dinner at Chef Mickeys!

After everything is set up we're going to meet back at the front desk and pretend we were there the whole time checking in, then walk to the room together for the big surprise.

I'm also pretending every morning to have mail delivered from the characters we will be eating with that day - we're doing 6 days of character meals - inviting the kids to eat with them. The last night is a girls night, and DD is going to eat at the castle, so along with her letter she'll be getting a package with her Cinderella dress and accessories with a note from Fairy Godmother saying that she noticed she forgot them at home and thought they'd might come in handy.

Ah, the magic.

Jun '14 - ASMo
Aug '13 - AoA
May '07 - POP
Sep '94 - Swan
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-16-2013, 07:10 PM   #1653
Gina-Gina-Bo-Bina
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I am having my sister take my kids to look around the resort while my husband and I check in, then put all of our bags in the room and decorate!

I'm making a welcome banner that says "WELCOME BELLA & NOAH!" with each letter on cardstock Mickey Ears. Will have streamers and balloons around the room (including clear ones that will have "pixie dust" inside!), and I'll be making Mickey confetti with the cool Mickey punch thing I bought online earlier. Thinking about making the Mickey foot prints too.

Instead of gift boxes (because I couldn't find ones that sounded sturdy but could also fold to fit in a suitcase while traveling) I'm getting them personalized canvas tote bags from Etsy. DDs is Cinderella themed (white with a blue tulle skirt) and DSs is Mickey themed (red with white polka dots and a black mickey head) with their names on the top.

Inside each will be a picture frame, custom made autograph book with marker, their "1st Visit" buttons, ID bracelets with mine and their dads phone numbers on them (I'm a worrier), stickers, the refillable mug we get for the DDP for DD/a Disney themed sippy for DS (he'll be 1), Disney coloring books with Mickey crayons I found at the dollar store, some Disney themed tattoos, snacks (we're ordering from Garden Grocer so we'll pick that up when we check in and then pop them in the bags), customized Mickey ears, and I'm going to make them each Disney fleece knot blankets and get their names and 2013 embroidered on it.

My DD is not a big water fan, so I'll see how they each do at the pool this summer. If they enjoy it, their bags will include a new swim suit and customized towel.

They'll also get a letter from the Mouse himself welcoming them to his "house" (that's where DD says we're going) and inviting them to dinner at Chef Mickeys!

After everything is set up we're going to meet back at the front desk and pretend we were there the whole time checking in, then walk to the room together for the big surprise.

I'm also pretending every morning to have mail delivered from the characters we will be eating with that day - we're doing 6 days of character meals - inviting the kids to eat with them. The last night is a girls night, and DD is going to eat at the castle, so along with her letter she'll be getting a package with her Cinderella dress and accessories with a note from Fairy Godmother saying that she noticed she forgot them at home and thought they'd might come in handy.

Ah, the magic.
Totally impressed . Fantastic job, Mom!

Jan. 2009....onsite at POR: all 4 Disney Parks
Jan. 2012....offsite on I-Drive: Universal Studios, IOA, SeaWorld, & Discovery Cove
Aug. 2012...Westgate Lakes Resort & Spa: Aquatica, Discovery Cove, and more
Dec. 2012...onsite at SW! Christmas week at SeaWorld, Aquatica, Gatorland, airboats, & holiday fun
**Christmas 2012 Trip Report: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3041415
Aug. 2013....Sheraton Vistana Resort: Blizzard Beach, Typhoon Lagoon, Cocoa Beach & more! **August 2013 Trip Report: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3167818

Aug. 2014.....SVR, SW, DC, AQ, TL, Daytona & MORE! PTR in progress: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?p=51863899
Old 04-16-2013, 07:22 PM   #1654
DisMom1981
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Ah, the magic.
Wow that is hardcore. Definitely something to think about as this is my kids' first trip too!

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

Pre -Trip Report for August 2014 (In progress)
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3215904

July 2012 Disney Fantasy
August 2013 Walt Disney World - Pop Century
Old 04-16-2013, 07:26 PM   #1655
jaz0308
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by squirrel4569 View Post
Here's the only packing tip I have:

It's funny cause it's true (in my house anyway!!!!!!!!)
Old 04-16-2013, 07:54 PM   #1656
DisneyGuy758
Let's go Murphys!

Quote:
We like Columbia Harbour House and Pecos Bill's for CS at MK. Haven't done any CS at Epcot that I can think of recently except for the Yorkshire Fish Shoppe which had awesome fish. :-)

Does anyone have any other CS recommendations?

Me DW DS 14 DS 8 DS 2

The DisneyGuy Clan Hits the world...8/10-8/16

My non-Disney related hobby.
Old 04-16-2013, 08:26 PM   #1657
thetorit
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyGuy758 View Post
Ok, so here are my ADRs. They are all dinners, minus the last day, which is a breakfast.

8/12 Biergarten 5pm

8/13 Liberty Tree Tavern 5:25pm

8/14 Rose and Crown 5:35pm

8/15 Sanaa 5:25pm

8/16 Kona 9am

Now, for lunches, we'll be doing CS meals. On 8/15 we are going to DHS and hitting Pizza Planet for lunch for sure.

I would like to go to BOG on 8/13 but I'm not sure on what the wait will be like by then, and don't really want to subject my kids to a 30+ minute wait for lunch. We don't have hopper passes, so the places we're eating dinner at is where we'll be for the day. What CS meals do you guys highly recommend. Keep in mind we're a family of 5 with an almost 2 year old (who will have his own food).

I'm open to anything...so no holding back!
Quote:
Epcot - The only place my whole group will agree on in Sunshine Seasons. Everyone finds something they like!

MK- We are also hoping to do BOG for lunch (okay, I'm MAKING them do BOG even if I have to camp there the entire vacation, gosh darnit) but our back up is Pinocchio Village Haus

AK - We're going to Restrantosaurs because it had the most gluten free options (part of our party has celiac) but if that wasn't an issue I'd pick Yak & Yeti.

Jun '14 - ASMo
Aug '13 - AoA
May '07 - POP
Sep '94 - Swan
Old 04-16-2013, 08:44 PM   #1658
Koh1977
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Ah, the magic.
Wow! Totally impressed! This will be DS's 5th trip and he's only 6 going on 7!! DD's 2nd trip (will be 2 this time) so I don't know about going all out, but we are trying to make it a surprise. Just not sure how or when to tell them since we're driving and we're going to Sea World first (staying offsite 2 nights before CR)

Pre 2001 too many to count / December 2001 offsite / April 2004 offsite / August 2008 offsite / August 2009 offsite / August 2010 Poly / September 2012 BC / August 2013 Poly / July 2014 WL CL or Poly CL/WL or...
Old 04-16-2013, 08:45 PM   #1659
lovingeire
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I too am curious as to what goes in your welcome packages. And when/how do they receive them?

Quote:

Ah, the magic.
That is awesome! I love a lot of your ideas. Give me some new ones for what we might put in ours! I like the idea of the swimsuits and towels.

Last year I did red beach pails and used my Silhouette Cameo to put Mickey ears and their names in Waltograph on them. I then put some light up Mickey spinners I got on sale at the Disney store, temporary tattoos, coloring books & crayons, autograph books I made, Disney pens, water toys for the pool. I too got most of the items from the dollar store. We also had Cars themed, since we were in a Cars suite, letters for the boys. We sent our oldest out to walk around while the youngest was napping and set the gifts out then, but my kids are 10 years apart so it worked!

Last trip was a surprise trip and our first trip in three years due to DH's deployment schedule so it was a big deal! It was also the youngest's first trip. I made a huge deal of it! We did the letters telling them where we were going each day for meals. I can't decide if I'll do that again since we're not surprising them this time. I am hoping to surprise them with the Pirates & Pals Fireworks Voyage so I'll probably do a letter for that and I might splurge for a cake for DS2's birthday later in the week. We shall see.

DL Native=Too many trips to count!DLP: 1998Tokyo Disney 2000
Disney Magic - 3/2014
DW: 4/1995 - Off Site; 12/2009 - CBR (DH & DS1's 1st trip!); 12/2012 - AoA Cars Suite (DS2's 1st trip!); 5/2013 - Pop AEP; 8/2013 - WL; 1/2015 - WL; 2/2015 -POFQ
Old 04-16-2013, 08:47 PM   #1660
lovingeire
DIS Veteran

Welcome Gifts

Here are the Welcome Gifts we gave the kids in December:

Disney Magic - 3/2014
DW: 4/1995 - Off Site; 12/2009 - CBR (DH & DS1's 1st trip!); 12/2012 - AoA Cars Suite (DS2's 1st trip!); 5/2013 - Pop AEP; 8/2013 - WL; 1/2015 - WL; 2/2015 -POFQ
Old 04-16-2013, 08:52 PM   #1661
thetorit
Mouseketeer

Quote:

I LOVE this!

Jun '14 - ASMo
Aug '13 - AoA
May '07 - POP
Sep '94 - Swan
Old 04-16-2013, 08:52 PM   #1662
Koh1977
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Cute!!!

Pre 2001 too many to count / December 2001 offsite / April 2004 offsite / August 2008 offsite / August 2009 offsite / August 2010 Poly / September 2012 BC / August 2013 Poly / July 2014 WL CL or Poly CL/WL or...
Old 04-16-2013, 08:57 PM   #1663
lovingeire
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Ok, so here are my ADRs. They are all dinners, minus the last day, which is a breakfast.

8/12 Biergarten 5pm

8/13 Liberty Tree Tavern 5:25pm

8/14 Rose and Crown 5:35pm

8/15 Sanaa 5:25pm

8/16 Kona 9am

Now, for lunches, we'll be doing CS meals. On 8/15 we are going to DHS and hitting Pizza Planet for lunch for sure.

I would like to go to BOG on 8/13 but I'm not sure on what the wait will be like by then, and don't really want to subject my kids to a 30+ minute wait for lunch. We don't have hopper passes, so the places we're eating dinner at is where we'll be for the day. What CS meals do you guys highly recommend. Keep in mind we're a family of 5 with an almost 2 year old (who will have his own food).

I'm open to anything...so no holding back!
At Epcot our favorite is Tangerine Cafe in Morocco. We would never say no to Yorkshire Fish & Chips or the quick service version of Biergarten on German. (The name of which I'm blanking on!)

At Hollywood Studios we'd definitely do Pizza Planet! The only other option is a cupcake from Starring Roles!

At Magic Kingdom we like either Pecos Bills or Cosmic Rays Starlight Cafe. Honestly, my 2 year old would eat nothing at BOG so it's out for me. I guess we could bring him something in, but we didn't bother waiting in Dec because we weren't sure how quickly the line would move. I heard it does move quickly!

At Animal Kingdom my favorite is Pizzafari, but we ate at Restrauntasorous last trip because the 2 year old is super picky and they had stuff for him and we were on that side of the park.

Disney Magic - 3/2014
Old 04-16-2013, 09:14 PM   #1664
zabache
DIS Veteran

I love all of the welcome gift ideas.
August, 2013-POR, 1st Trip with DS! Pics of or trip.
http://s3.photobucket.com/user/zabache/story/99425

April 19-26, 2014 POR in a Royal Room!Pics of Trip.
http://s3.photobucket.com/user/zabache/story/99421#
December 18-23, 2014 Ft. Wilderness Cabins
Old 04-16-2013, 09:22 PM   #1665
squirrel4569
DIS Veteran

Quote:
At MK BOG is a great CS for lunch. Cosmic Ray's is good Americana. Gaston's Tavern has the Pork Shank which some say is better than a Turkey Leg. It's considered a snack credit and not a CS credit but it's enough food for a meal. Goes great with LeFou's Brew too.

At EP the Electric Umbrella was good. Kinda like Cosmic Ray's with American fare (burgers, etc) We're going to try Katsura Grill in the Japan pavilion this time.

Haven't done a CS at DHS yet.

We were going to try Yak and Yeti CS at AK but didn't get a chance to and wound up at Restaurantasaourus instead. Not our favorite. (It's like a Crocodile Dundee Restaurant: You can live on it, but it tastes like....)

The food courts at Pop and AoA were good CS places too. I don't think I'd resort hop to get to them but if you're staying at either they are nice if you are at the resort.
April 1981 - Holiday Inn - MK only (no other parks existed!);May 1999 - Travelodge - First adult trip;Aug 2003 - Disneyland's California Adventure;Dec 2004 - La Quinta - Christmas trip w/fiance to HS;Sep 2010 - Pop - DD1's 5th birthday;Nov 2012 - AoA - DD2's 4th birthday (KOTS trip);Aug 2013 - AoA - Just because trip

Closed Thread

Tags
august 2013, lgmh, planning, resorts, restaurants

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: