Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies > Doing the Happy Dance!
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 04-16-2013, 10:28 AM   #1636
DisneyGuy758
Let's go Murphys!

Please don't laugh. I'm having a brain fart right now.

We do not have hopper passes this time around (and it's my first time without them ever). If we go to AK in the morning, then leave for rest time, we can go back to AK for the late afternoon for our dinner ADR at Y&Y...right?

I don't know what's wrong with me right about now....

Me DW DS 14 DS 8 DS 2

The DisneyGuy Clan Hits the world...8/10-8/16

My non-Disney related hobby.
Old 04-16-2013, 10:48 AM   #1637
squirrel4569
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyGuy758 View Post
Please don't laugh. I'm having a brain fart right now.

We do not have hopper passes this time around (and it's my first time without them ever). If we go to AK in the morning, then leave for rest time, we can go back to AK for the late afternoon for our dinner ADR at Y&Y...right?

I don't know what's wrong with me right about now....
Yup. You can re-enter the park on the same day, but you can't go to another park without hoppers.
April 1981 - Holiday Inn - MK only (no other parks existed!);May 1999 - Travelodge - First adult trip;Aug 2003 - Disneyland's California Adventure;Dec 2004 - La Quinta - Christmas trip w/fiance to HS;Sep 2010 - Pop - DD1's 5th birthday;Nov 2012 - AoA - DD2's 4th birthday (KOTS trip);Aug 2013 - AoA - Just because trip

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-16-2013, 11:09 AM   #1638
Gina-Gina-Bo-Bina
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by pigletto View Post
I will NOT be changing resorts. At least I have no plans to do so in the next 24 hours

I can't help you with the hair thing. My hair is long(ish) and very thick. It's also sort of curly. So, I have to use product in it to curl it, or blowdry it and straighten it. Neither of which is something I want to spend the time doing on vacation. So my hair lives in a messy bun or a pony most of the time. This is also why you will never see me post my vacation pictures
to the bolded above!!!! If you don't, its going to be a looonnnnggggg 4 months for you until travel time!!!!

So I need a tutorial for how to craft a proper messy bun. My attempts always come out lopsided or .... just wrong. I think because I had VERY short hair my entire life until I was long into the throws of motherhood, and even then I didn't have a daughter on which to practice my hairstyling skills. Oh, the woes of being female!!!!

Jan. 2009....onsite at POR: all 4 Disney Parks
Jan. 2012....offsite on I-Drive: Universal Studios, IOA, SeaWorld, & Discovery Cove
Aug. 2012...Westgate Lakes Resort & Spa: Aquatica, Discovery Cove, and more
Dec. 2012...onsite at SW! Christmas week at SeaWorld, Aquatica, Gatorland, airboats, & holiday fun
**Christmas 2012 Trip Report: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3041415
Aug. 2013....Sheraton Vistana Resort: Blizzard Beach, Typhoon Lagoon, Cocoa Beach & more! **August 2013 Trip Report: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3167818

Aug. 2014.....SVR, SW, DC, AQ, TL, Daytona & MORE! **August 2014 Trip Report: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?p=51863899

Old 04-16-2013, 11:14 AM   #1639
YukiPhnx
The Minnie to my Mickey

Quote:
Originally Posted by squirrel4569 View Post
Here's the only packing tip I have:

Yup, that pretty much describes it to a T.

I always pack an outfit a day but try to have items I can wear for more than 1 day. To keep track of all this, I actually write out a list of my daily outfits...

This is my first time staying there for 2 weeks though, I may opt to do laundry in the middle of my stay just to keep the packing light. Any advice for that?
Old 04-16-2013, 11:48 AM   #1640
pigletto
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by YukiPhnx View Post
Yup, that pretty much describes it to a T.

I always pack an outfit a day but try to have items I can wear for more than 1 day. To keep track of all this, I actually write out a list of my daily outfits...

This is my first time staying there for 2 weeks though, I may opt to do laundry in the middle of my stay just to keep the packing light. Any advice for that?
I do have advice for that! Most of the laundry rooms are near the pools. I always take the kids down to the pool and we throw our laundry in and swim or lounge until it's time to put it in the dryer. I'll take them back up to my husband while it dries and get changed and head back down to fold in awhile.
Bring a roll of quarters. You don't have to since there are change machines but I also use the quarters for tolls. Also saves only having a 20 on me when I need to use the change machine.
They do sell little packets of soap and dryer sheets but they are obviously overpriced. I buy a box of the Purex all in one sheets, throw some in a Ziploc (double bagged because the smell is STRONG) and use those for the laundry.

Lastly, we use a collapsable hamper in the room to keep dirty clothes tucked away and it has handles so I just carry it down to the laundry room. However I have seen some say they use a rolling suitcase and I suppose that would work just as well.
Old 04-16-2013, 12:26 PM   #1641
thetorit
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gina-Gina-Bo-Bina View Post
So.....not really a QOTD, but a question nonetheless.

For all of you who have long hair, how do you battle the frizzies during the humid weather? Any great tips or products you would recommend?

I am not a ponytail girl and HATE tying it up (pulled back in a headband, yes...ponytail, no).

This is really the only thing that bugs me greatly about traveling in August. I can handle the heat. Struggling with the frizz is another story!!!!
To get my hair out of my face I French braid my bangs (it is super easy, and youtube will walk you step by step!) and for frizz I swear by Garnier Fructis Sleek & Shine Moroccan Sleek Oil Treatment. It was like $6 at WalMart and you use so little of it each time that it will last forever. It completely tames the frizzies and it smells wonderful, which will help when I'm all gross and sweaty in the World.

Jun '14 - ASMo
Aug '13 - AoA
May '07 - POP
Sep '94 - Swan
Old 04-16-2013, 01:04 PM   #1642
Anna114
Pluto Rocks!

Quote:
Normally we stay onsite. I overpack usually because as mrstomrice just said... August is too sticky to not change in the afternoon. I usually end up doing laundry once or twice in the laundry room and we also bring the Purex sheets.
Having a washer and dryer in the unit this time will be FABULOUS. I have no problem throwing in a load of laundry and folding it while I watch a movie or some t.v. before bed.
So we'll be able to pack lighter this time hopefully. Also we usually have free luggage with Southwest or Jetblue but we are flying Airtran on the way down so I am hoping to pack us all into 3 suitcases and bring a mostly empty fourth suitcase to bring back all the clothes we end up buying when we go to the outlets. We are with Southwest on the way home and get 2 free bags each so it almost might be worth it to just buy a suticase while we're there.
Oh amen! This will be our first stay with a washer and dryer in the room, we usually stay in a studio, this time we are in a dedicated 2 bedroom. I really like having all the clothes clean for when we get home. For a week stay I can use my Dooney and Bourke sketch weekender. I'll pack enough only for 4 days, I won't mind doing laundry
5/1988 POLY (Honeymoon) 2/1998 Offsite 5/2002 Caribbean Beach 5/2006 Wilderness Lodge 12/2007 POP 8/2009 Port Orleans Riverside 5/2010 POLY CL (Anniversary) 10/2010 SSR 1/2011 OKW 8/2011 FW Cabins & VWL 12/2011 SSR 5/2012 VWL 9/2012 VWL 8/2013 VWL 25th Ann. w/my boys 5/2014 AKV 12/2014 VWL 5/2009 DVC Owners Villas at Wilderness lodge!

Old 04-16-2013, 01:24 PM   #1643
lovingeire
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gina-Gina-Bo-Bina View Post
So.....not really a QOTD, but a question nonetheless.

For all of you who have long hair, how do you battle the frizzies during the humid weather? Any great tips or products you would recommend?

I am not a ponytail girl and HATE tying it up (pulled back in a headband, yes...ponytail, no).

This is really the only thing that bugs me greatly about traveling in August. I can handle the heat. Struggling with the frizz is another story!!!!
I have long, curly hair and the humidity in the south kills me! (I live here so it's a daily struggle.) I am the queen of the ponytail! I was just looking at Pinterest and looking at ideas of how to wear my hair besides the ponytail because I'm already sick of it! Sabino Hair has a product called Moisture Block that I love! It really helps control frizz! I swear by this stuff!

DL Native=Too many trips to count!DLP: 1998Tokyo Disney 2000
Disney Magic - 3/2014
DW: 4/1995 - Off Site; 12/2009 - CBR (DH & DS1's 1st trip!); 12/2012 - AoA Cars Suite (DS2's 1st trip!); 5/2013 - Pop AEP; 8/2013 - WL; 1/2015 - WL; 2/2015 -POFQ
Old 04-16-2013, 01:30 PM   #1644
Gina-Gina-Bo-Bina
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by thetorit View Post
To get my hair out of my face I French braid my bangs (it is super easy, and youtube will walk you step by step!) and for frizz I swear by Garnier Fructis Sleek & Shine Moroccan Sleek Oil Treatment. It was like $6 at WalMart and you use so little of it each time that it will last forever. It completely tames the frizzies and it smells wonderful, which will help when I'm all gross and sweaty in the World.
Will totally check that out . I have just finished using some smoothing stuff from John Freida and found it very heavy . I love Fructis shampoo and conditioner but didn't know they made an oil treatment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovingeire View Post
I have long, curly hair and the humidity in the south kills me! (I live here so it's a daily struggle.) I am the queen of the ponytail! I was just looking at Pinterest and looking at ideas of how to wear my hair besides the ponytail because I'm already sick of it! Sabino Hair has a product called Moisture Block that I love! It really helps control frizz! I swear by this stuff!
Hmmmmm.....I have never heard of this brand. Must go on the hunt! Perhaps Shoppers Drug Mart will carry it. If not, Walgreens or CVS might be our first shopping stop .

Jan. 2009....onsite at POR: all 4 Disney Parks
Jan. 2012....offsite on I-Drive: Universal Studios, IOA, SeaWorld, & Discovery Cove
Aug. 2012...Westgate Lakes Resort & Spa: Aquatica, Discovery Cove, and more
Dec. 2012...onsite at SW! Christmas week at SeaWorld, Aquatica, Gatorland, airboats, & holiday fun
**Christmas 2012 Trip Report: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3041415
Aug. 2013....Sheraton Vistana Resort: Blizzard Beach, Typhoon Lagoon, Cocoa Beach & more! **August 2013 Trip Report: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3167818

Aug. 2014.....SVR, SW, DC, AQ, TL, Daytona & MORE! **August 2014 Trip Report: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?p=51863899

Old 04-16-2013, 04:20 PM   #1645
thetorit
Mouseketeer

We are in the Disney mood today! Watching Lady and the Tramp while I plan our kids Welcome Packages. On one hand I'm glad it's not August yet, because I still feel like I have a lot to plan, but on the other hand... to heck with planning, come on August!!

Jun '14 - ASMo
Aug '13 - AoA
May '07 - POP
Sep '94 - Swan
Old 04-16-2013, 04:39 PM   #1646
pigletto
DIS Veteran

Quote:
We are in the Disney mood today! Watching Lady and the Tramp while I plan our kids Welcome Packages. On one hand I'm glad it's not August yet, because I still feel like I have a lot to plan, but on the other hand... to heck with planning, come on August!!
I'm with you. I'd rather trip plan than do much else today but we're still 4 months away. Not a lot to plan at this point. I don't have any ADRs yet so I suppose I could do that.
Old 04-16-2013, 04:56 PM   #1647
thetorit
Mouseketeer

Quote:
I'm with you. I'd rather trip plan than do much else today but we're still 4 months away. Not a lot to plan at this point. I don't have any ADRs yet so I suppose I could do that.
I have every single meal planned, including the grocery list for snacks. My husband says my planning is exhausting him.

Jun '14 - ASMo
Aug '13 - AoA
May '07 - POP
Sep '94 - Swan
Old 04-16-2013, 05:48 PM   #1648
lovingeire
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Oooo, what are you including in your kids Welcome Packages? I did welcome packages for my kids in December so I'm always curious what others would include! I can't decide if I should do them or not this trip?

DL Native=Too many trips to count!DLP: 1998Tokyo Disney 2000
Disney Magic - 3/2014
DW: 4/1995 - Off Site; 12/2009 - CBR (DH & DS1's 1st trip!); 12/2012 - AoA Cars Suite (DS2's 1st trip!); 5/2013 - Pop AEP; 8/2013 - WL; 1/2015 - WL; 2/2015 -POFQ
Old 04-16-2013, 06:04 PM   #1649
Koh1977
DIS Veteran

I was up late last night working on my Disney binder. :-) then today I was comparing prices of different resorts, but decided to stay put! :-) and did a quick comparison of deluxe dining plan vs OOP with the ADRs we have right now. I think we at least break even and possibly even save and this way it's already taken care of. :-)

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards
Pre 2001 too many to count / December 2001 offsite / April 2004 offsite / August 2008 offsite / August 2009 offsite / August 2010 Poly / September 2012 BC / August 2013 Poly / July 2014 WL CL or Poly CL/WL or...
Old 04-16-2013, 06:04 PM   #1650
Koh1977
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I too am curious as to what goes in your welcome packages. And when/how do they receive them?

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards
Pre 2001 too many to count / December 2001 offsite / April 2004 offsite / August 2008 offsite / August 2009 offsite / August 2010 Poly / September 2012 BC / August 2013 Poly / July 2014 WL CL or Poly CL/WL or...
Closed Thread

Tags
august 2013, lgmh, planning, resorts, restaurants

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: