Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies > Doing the Happy Dance!
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 04-15-2013, 05:28 PM   #1621
flnngn2
Mouseketeer

Sounds perfect for my always hot and grumbling hubby!
Old 04-15-2013, 05:59 PM   #1622
zabache
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by 53 Herbie View Post
Hi Friends!
I am brand new to the Disboard and anxiously anticipating our next Disney trip in August 2013. We are staying at the Contemporary Resort from Aug. 17th through the 23rd. Would love to join your exciting discussions.
Welcome
August, 2013-POR, 1st Trip with DS! Pics of or trip.
http://s3.photobucket.com/user/zabache/story/99425

April 19-26, 2014 POR in a Royal Room!Pics of Trip.
http://s3.photobucket.com/user/zabache/story/99421#
December 17-24, 2014 All Star Sports
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-15-2013, 08:49 PM   #1623
pigletto
DIS Veteran

I'm BACK!!
I get to plan in here with my team August buddies again
We booked an offsite trip today. We'll be there August 23rd to September 2nd. Our first and last night I used Priceline for an airport area hotel and got the Marriott for both nights for $60 a night. It is a good hotel and we've stayed there before so we're pleased with that. It's nice to be close to the airport for a late arrival flight and an early departure. The other 8 nights will be at Bonnet Creek and we are really happy to try somewhere with so much extra space.
Since we are taking the kids for a Disney trip at Christmas this will be more of an offsite trip. We'll do 3 or 4 park days, 2 waterpark days and then have 2 or 3 days for relaxing, outlet shopping and seeing a few things around Orlando.

Anyway.. very happy to be planning with all of you again!
Old 04-15-2013, 08:51 PM   #1624
mrstomrice
Thomas and Jake's Mommy:)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loreli View Post
QOTD

Do you pack enough clothes for your entire trip (one outfit for each day)
or do you plan to do laundry while at your resort/hotel?

I know my questions are getting really dry, sun block, packing...I just need the advice as to what others are doing..LOL.
We plan about 12 outfits each for an 8 day trip. Some days are 2 outfits days in August if we get back to the hotel for a mid day cool down. We also don't mind doing a load or two while we are there. DH does it anyway...he is a keeper! We pack a few Purex 3 in 1 sheets just in case. We did get lucky last August and got very mild weather, so 2 outfits a day was not necessary...fingers crossed for this August too but I know were won't be that lucky 2 years in a row
Old 04-15-2013, 09:08 PM   #1625
pigletto
DIS Veteran

Quote:
QOTD

Do you pack enough clothes for your entire trip (one outfit for each day)
or do you plan to do laundry while at your resort/hotel?

I know my questions are getting really dry, sun block, packing...I just need the advice as to what others are doing..LOL.
Normally we stay onsite. I overpack usually because as mrstomrice just said... August is too sticky to not change in the afternoon. I usually end up doing laundry once or twice in the laundry room and we also bring the Purex sheets.
Having a washer and dryer in the unit this time will be FABULOUS. I have no problem throwing in a load of laundry and folding it while I watch a movie or some t.v. before bed.
So we'll be able to pack lighter this time hopefully. Also we usually have free luggage with Southwest or Jetblue but we are flying Airtran on the way down so I am hoping to pack us all into 3 suitcases and bring a mostly empty fourth suitcase to bring back all the clothes we end up buying when we go to the outlets. We are with Southwest on the way home and get 2 free bags each so it almost might be worth it to just buy a suticase while we're there.
Old 04-15-2013, 09:11 PM   #1626
rabeck
Earning My Ears

Hey mrstomrice... I just noticed that you're from Buck County, PA... me too!
DL: too many to count 1988-1996, August 2012, planning July 2014
WDW: February 2001, March 2006, August 2013
Old 04-15-2013, 10:09 PM   #1627
lovingeire
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by pigletto View Post
Normally we stay onsite. I overpack usually because as mrstomrice just said... August is too sticky to not change in the afternoon. I usually end up doing laundry once or twice in the laundry room and we also bring the Purex sheets.
Having a washer and dryer in the unit this time will be FABULOUS. I have no problem throwing in a load of laundry and folding it while I watch a movie or some t.v. before bed.
So we'll be able to pack lighter this time hopefully. Also we usually have free luggage with Southwest or Jetblue but we are flying Airtran on the way down so I am hoping to pack us all into 3 suitcases and bring a mostly empty fourth suitcase to bring back all the clothes we end up buying when we go to the outlets. We are with Southwest on the way home and get 2 free bags each so it almost might be worth it to just buy a suticase while we're there.
What about packing a collapsible duffle bag with wheels so you can pay for one less bag on the way down, but fill it up to take home with you? I did that when I went cross country for a baby shower. Filled that sucker up with all the gifts on the way home!

DL Native=Too many trips to count!DLP: 1998Tokyo Disney 2000
Disney Magic - 3/2014
DW: 4/1995 - Off Site; 12/2009 - CBR (DH & DS1's 1st trip!); 12/2012 - AoA Cars Suite (DS2's 1st trip!); 5/2013 - Pop AEP; 8/2013 - WL; 1/2015 - WL; 2/2015 -POFQ
Old 04-16-2013, 05:58 AM   #1628
Loreli
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovingeire View Post
What about packing a collapsible duffle bag with wheels so you can pay for one less bag on the way down, but fill it up to take home with you? I did that when I went cross country for a baby shower. Filled that sucker up with all the gifts on the way home!
Laundry and Packing tips and tricks, I love this thread!
Old 04-16-2013, 07:03 AM   #1629
squirrel4569
DIS Veteran

Here's the only packing tip I have:

April 1981 - Holiday Inn - MK only (no other parks existed!);May 1999 - Travelodge - First adult trip;Aug 2003 - Disneyland's California Adventure;Dec 2004 - La Quinta - Christmas trip w/fiance to HS;Sep 2010 - Pop - DD1's 5th birthday;Nov 2012 - AoA - DD2's 4th birthday (KOTS trip);Aug 2013 - AoA - Just because trip

Old 04-16-2013, 07:09 AM   #1630
poohlover4life
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by squirrel4569 View Post

THIS IS SO TRUE lol I LOVE IT!!!!
I start a check list at LEAST a week early where we have both suitcases open and as we place things in them we check the items off the list. Meanwhile, like the night before my hubby is stuffing things in the case and checking them off only for my sake and sanity lol.
Old 04-16-2013, 07:48 AM   #1631
Gina-Gina-Bo-Bina
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by pigletto View Post
I'm BACK!!
I get to plan in here with my team August buddies again
We booked an offsite trip today. We'll be there August 23rd to September 2nd. Our first and last night I used Priceline for an airport area hotel and got the Marriott for both nights for $60 a night. It is a good hotel and we've stayed there before so we're pleased with that. It's nice to be close to the airport for a late arrival flight and an early departure. The other 8 nights will be at Bonnet Creek and we are really happy to try somewhere with so much extra space.
Since we are taking the kids for a Disney trip at Christmas this will be more of an offsite trip. We'll do 3 or 4 park days, 2 waterpark days and then have 2 or 3 days for relaxing, outlet shopping and seeing a few things around Orlando.

Anyway.. very happy to be planning with all of you again!
WELCOME BACK !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Who wants to make a bet that our dearest resort-changing pigletto will pull the switcheroo on her accommodations between now and the end of August? (jk, my dear friend.......ya know I just love pulling your chain )

Jan. 2009....onsite at POR: all 4 Disney Parks
Jan. 2012....offsite on I-Drive: Universal Studios, IOA, SeaWorld, & Discovery Cove
Aug. 2012...Westgate Lakes Resort & Spa: Aquatica, Discovery Cove, and more
Dec. 2012...onsite at SW! Christmas week at SeaWorld, Aquatica, Gatorland, airboats, & holiday fun
**Christmas 2012 Trip Report: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3041415
Aug. 2013....Sheraton Vistana Resort: Blizzard Beach, Typhoon Lagoon, Cocoa Beach & more! **August 2013 Trip Report: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3167818

Aug. 2014.....SVR, SW, DC, AQ, TL, Daytona & MORE! **August 2014 Trip Report: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?p=51863899

Old 04-16-2013, 07:49 AM   #1632
Gina-Gina-Bo-Bina
DIS Veteran

Quote:

So frighteningly accurate. LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!

Jan. 2012....offsite on I-Drive: Universal Studios, IOA, SeaWorld, & Discovery Cove
Dec. 2012...onsite at SW! Christmas week at SeaWorld, Aquatica, Gatorland, airboats, & holiday fun
Aug. 2013....Sheraton Vistana Resort: Blizzard Beach, Typhoon Lagoon, Cocoa Beach & more! **August 2013 Trip Report: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3167818

Aug. 2014.....SVR, SW, DC, AQ, TL, Daytona & MORE! **August 2014 Trip Report: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?p=51863899

Old 04-16-2013, 07:55 AM   #1633
Gina-Gina-Bo-Bina
DIS Veteran

So.....not really a QOTD, but a question nonetheless.

For all of you who have long hair, how do you battle the frizzies during the humid weather? Any great tips or products you would recommend?

I am not a ponytail girl and HATE tying it up (pulled back in a headband, yes...ponytail, no).

This is really the only thing that bugs me greatly about traveling in August. I can handle the heat. Struggling with the frizz is another story!!!!

Old 04-16-2013, 08:31 AM   #1634
pigletto
DIS Veteran

I will NOT be changing resorts. At least I have no plans to do so in the next 24 hours

I can't help you with the hair thing. My hair is long(ish) and very thick. It's also sort of curly. So, I have to use product in it to curl it, or blowdry it and straighten it. Neither of which is something I want to spend the time doing on vacation. So my hair lives in a messy bun or a pony most of the time. This is also why you will never see me post my vacation pictures
Old 04-16-2013, 08:34 AM   #1635
pigletto
DIS Veteran

Quote:

And this?? TOO FUNNY!!! and 100% accurate

Tags
august 2013, lgmh, planning, resorts, restaurants

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: