Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-21-2012, 09:01 AM   #106
ukintheus
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdw_monster View Post
Just changed my original cruise on the dream sept 22 2013 (in-laws backed out) to feb 5th out of Galveston!

dream sept 22
4 adults 2 inside rooms- $2700

magic feb 5
4 adult & a 16 year old
2 inside rooms - $2100

We live in san antonio so instead of flying or driving 1200 miles I only have to drive 240 miles

So excited!! Just paid it off!!
Hello! Yes, this cruise is quite the bargain I think most of us just found it to be too good of a deal to pass up. Plus, like you, we don't have to fly...so that makes it even MORE attractive!

Jenny & Scott
2000-POFQ, 2005-FW, 2006-FW, 2008-FW, Feb 2009-CBR/POFQ, Sept 2009-ASM,2010 BWI/WL/AKL/DCL Magic Western, July 2011 BWI/DCL Dream, Nov 2011 FW/AKL, May 2012 GF/DCL Fantasy-Eastern/BWI, Oct 2012 DCL Magic-Western, Feb 2013 DCL Magic-Cozumel, Apr 2013 DCL Magic-CC/WDW/KW, Sept 2013 - DCL Wonder-Bahamas, Dec 2013 - DCL Wonder-NYE-Cozumel, March 2014 - DCL Magic-4 night, Patiently waiting for: Nov 2014-Dream, Nov 2015- DCL Wonder B2B-Western & Bahamas-Galveston, DCL Wonder 2015 NYE Cruise-Bahamas-Galveston
ukintheus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 12:09 PM   #107
Goofysrus
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdw_monster
Just changed my original cruise on the dream sept 22 2013 (in-laws backed out) to feb 5th out of Galveston!

We live in san antonio so instead of flying or driving 1200 miles I only have to drive 240 miles

So excited!! Just paid it off!!
Welcome! We love San Antonio and I agree this price is too good to pass up. We live close to Galveston so I'm loving not making that drive to Florida for a dis cruise. Of course we still have to plan a trip to the Parks .... But for now I'm taking advantage of the Magic too!!! 💃💃💃
Goofysrus is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-21-2012, 12:48 PM   #108
MrsPotatoHead425
Mouseketeer

Welcome to the gang! It'll be here before we know it!!

Disney Magic - 02.05.13
Disney Magic - 05.18.12
MrsPotatoHead425 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 09:24 PM   #109
fyermedik75
Earning My Ears

First Time DCL Vacationers

Hi my name is Randy and my wife Denise and I will be joining you all on this cruise in Feb. We will be bringing along our 2 wonderful children Camden-4 and Dasha-2. None of us have ever been on a cruise and we are super excited about it. We are from Kansas City Kansas and look forward to the 4 day break from the bitter cold. We are first Dinner reserved and my wife has been reading up on the FE and wants to participate in that. Our daughter is adopted from Russia, so if there are any adoptive families out there we would love getting together with you too. Looking forward to hearing more ideas and secrets for the DCL
fyermedik75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 09:35 PM   #110
MissDaisyofTexas
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by fyermedik75 View Post
Hi my name is Randy and my wife Denise and I will be joining you all on this cruise in Feb. We will be bringing along our 2 wonderful children Camden-4 and Dasha-2. None of us have ever been on a cruise and we are super excited about it. We are from Kansas City Kansas and look forward to the 4 day break from the bitter cold. We are first Dinner reserved and my wife has been reading up on the FE and wants to participate in that. Our daughter is adopted from Russia, so if there are any adoptive families out there we would love getting together with you too. Looking forward to hearing more ideas and secrets for the DCL
Welcome Randy and Denise! We are on this cruise too, and 2 of our 3 kids were adopted from Russia! Our boys (now ages 8 and 5) are both from Vladivostok. We also have a 2-year-old daughter.
Disney Fantasy 7-night Eastern October 2014
MissDaisyofTexas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 09:02 AM   #111
ukintheus
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by fyermedik75 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissDaisyofTexas View Post
Welcome Randy and Denise! We are on this cruise too, and 2 of our 3 kids were adopted from Russia! Our boys (now ages 8 and 5) are both from Vladivostok. We also have a 2-year-old daughter.
Welcome to Randy and family - how fun to know that you have some warm weather in your future!!

Very cool that your two families already have something in common. We have friends that adopted a boy and girl from Russia also!

Jenny & Scott
2000-POFQ, 2005-FW, 2006-FW, 2008-FW, Feb 2009-CBR/POFQ, Sept 2009-ASM,2010 BWI/WL/AKL/DCL Magic Western, July 2011 BWI/DCL Dream, Nov 2011 FW/AKL, May 2012 GF/DCL Fantasy-Eastern/BWI, Oct 2012 DCL Magic-Western, Feb 2013 DCL Magic-Cozumel, Apr 2013 DCL Magic-CC/WDW/KW, Sept 2013 - DCL Wonder-Bahamas, Dec 2013 - DCL Wonder-NYE-Cozumel, March 2014 - DCL Magic-4 night, Patiently waiting for: Nov 2014-Dream, Nov 2015- DCL Wonder B2B-Western & Bahamas-Galveston, DCL Wonder 2015 NYE Cruise-Bahamas-Galveston
ukintheus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 06:38 PM   #112
fyermedik75
Earning My Ears

We are in room 6045 first time cruisers! Looks like we will be neighbors!

Last edited by fyermedik75; 11-29-2012 at 06:41 PM. Reason: delete
Old 11-29-2012, 06:56 PM   #113
fyermedik75
Earning My Ears

Fe

Hi, can you add us to the Roll Call and we would like to participate in the FE. Let me know what info you need from us. Thanks
Denise
Old 11-29-2012, 10:09 PM   #114
MrsPotatoHead425
Mouseketeer

Welcome aboard! Gotcha on there.. a little slower today than normal.. busy day at work! Soooooo ready for some R&R time in February!!

Disney Magic - 02.05.13
Disney Magic - 05.18.12
Old 12-02-2012, 08:50 PM   #115
nhrmomma
Earning My Ears

Cruisin' on Feb. 5th- count us in!

Please add our family of 5 to your roll call. I haven't had a chance to read the entire board yet so I clearly have some catching up to do. So excited! We will have our fish extender ready to dangle from our door. We participated on our last DCL trip and we had loads of fun...is anyone else participating?

Nicole
Old 12-03-2012, 08:52 AM   #116
MrsPotatoHead425
Mouseketeer

added to the roll call! We do have some others doing the FE exchange, and we have several people who haven't added their information yet, so unsure of exactly how many right now. We are getting closer to the day and I'm sooo excited!!! Where did you go on your last cruise?

Disney Magic - 02.05.13
Disney Magic - 05.18.12
Old 12-03-2012, 11:59 AM   #117
Goofysrus
Mouseketeer

Hi everyone!!! Just curious when the FE will close. I think I might participate 😁 of course I still don't have my room assignment but it looks like we'll be on deck 5 or 6.
Goofysrus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 09:26 PM   #118
nhrmomma
Earning My Ears

Galveston Mardi Gras February 1-12, 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsPotatoHead425 View Post
added to the roll call! We do have some others doing the FE exchange, and we have several people who haven't added their information yet, so unsure of exactly how many right now. We are getting closer to the day and I'm sooo excited!!! Where did you go on your last cruise?
Thanks for adding us to the Roll call. We went on the Disney Wonder to Castaway Cay and Nassau, Bahamas in Jan. 2010. Stopped in Atlantis for the day (I found a really cheap way to enjoy the resort). We had the best time. It must have been fate to book this Galveston Cruise because I was recently telling some friends about our amazing trip and low and behold the KFO offer appeared when I was curiously browsing the DCL website. Our kids are getting older and we want to travel with them while we still can. DD (15) DS (12) DD(12)- yes twins. It is very difficult to travel afford-ably with 5 but leave it to Disney to remember family's aren't always made up of 4 people! I have booked one stateroom for all five of us on deck 8! We stayed in the same type of room on the Wonder and it was very nice.

FE is fun. Everyone likes to find surprises at their door. Even big kids like me. Perhaps we need a confirmed list of FE participants? I like the idea of having a deadline so we know how many are participating. I might surprise the kids at Christmas with the Cruise plans by wrapping up our old FE. They will recognize it's significance and dance around the room.

I loved reading Jenny and Scott's Trip Report from earlier this year. It makes me reeeeeeaaaaallllllly excited for our upcoming Galveston trip!

On a side note, I noticed that the Galveston Mardi Gras week is the same time as our cruise. See link (apparently I have to send this in a separate post as my post count has to be 10 or greater- I am at 9). Check my next post for a link.
Does anyone know if the parades are family friendly? Is it going to be crazy to find parking and get around? FYI- HOT CHELLE RAE is headlining.

We are travelling from Ontario, Canada and plan to stay in Texas a few days before and after the cruise. We aren't sure if we are driving or flying (prices will impact this decision). We have travelled quite a bit throughout the U.S. and Canada but we have never been to Texas. I hear everything is BIG in Texas. We are hoping for a BIG warm Texas welcome

Also noteworthy, I noticed that the #1 rated excursion in Cozumel is the "Amazing Race". This looks like a Carnival Cruise excursion only; however, I would love to know if it is offered to DCL cruisers? My DH and kids would love this. I better get on the treadmill!

I tried to request facebook friend status; however, I haven't heard back yet. I'll keep my fingers and toes crossed that someone will accept me

Nicole
Old 12-05-2012, 09:28 PM   #119
nhrmomma
Earning My Ears

link for Galveston's Mardi Gras

Quote:
Originally Posted by nhrmomma View Post
Thanks for adding us to the Roll call. We went on the Disney Wonder to Castaway Cay and Nassau, Bahamas in Jan. 2010. Stopped in Atlantis for the day (I found a really cheap way to enjoy the resort). We had the best time. It must have been fate to book this Galveston Cruise because I was recently telling some friends about our amazing trip and low and behold the KFO offer appeared when I was curiously browsing the DCL website. Our kids are getting older and we want to travel with them while we still can. DD (15) DS (12) DD(12)- yes twins. It is very difficult to travel afford-ably with 5 but leave it to Disney to remember family's aren't always made up of 4 people! I have booked one stateroom for all five of us on deck 8! We stayed in the same type of room on the Wonder and it was very nice.

FE is fun. Everyone likes to find surprises at their door. Even big kids like me. Perhaps we need a confirmed list of FE participants? I like the idea of having a deadline so we know how many are participating. I might surprise the kids at Christmas with the Cruise plans by wrapping up our old FE. They will recognize it's significance and dance around the room.

I loved reading Jenny and Scott's Trip Report from earlier this year. It makes me reeeeeeaaaaallllllly excited for our upcoming Galveston trip!

On a side note, I noticed that the Galveston Mardi Gras week is the same time as our cruise. See link (apparently I have to send this in a separate post as my post count has to be 10 or greater- I am at 9). Check my next post for a link.
Does anyone know if the parades are family friendly? Is it going to be crazy to find parking and get around? FYI- HOT CHELLE RAE is headlining.

We are travelling from Ontario, Canada and plan to stay in Texas a few days before and after the cruise. We aren't sure if we are driving or flying (prices will impact this decision). We have travelled quite a bit throughout the U.S. and Canada but we have never been to Texas. I hear everything is BIG in Texas. We are hoping for a BIG warm Texas welcome

Also noteworthy, I noticed that the #1 rated excursion in Cozumel is the "Amazing Race". This looks like a Carnival Cruise excursion only; however, I would love to know if it is offered to DCL cruisers? My DH and kids would love this. I better get on the treadmill!

I tried to request facebook friend status; however, I haven't heard back yet. I'll keep my fingers and toes crossed that someone will accept me

Nicole
As promised http://www.mardigrasgalveston.com/
Old 12-06-2012, 12:02 PM   #120
fyermedik75
Earning My Ears

Upgrade

Hi, we were able to upgrade our room and add the Kids Stay Free option to our cruise, so now we are in Rooms 6034 for the FE. Thanks!
Denise

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: