Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-03-2012, 09:01 PM   #76
ukintheus
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goofysrus View Post
Yep we checked in and decided to book Palo dinner since its just the two of us this time. My daughter lives in Clear Lake so she'll be dropping us off. Weird������ I still can't believe the Magic is this close to home. No excursions for us either. Might get off and walk around town or head to the beach. Not sure about the weather in February. I like not having a must do list on this trip but some part of me will say get off the ship if only to walk the pier and back!!! Haha also my goal for this trip is to bring carry ons only! I'm an over packer at heart so not sure if this is possible for me ���� never mind my last statement. I just got scared seeing it in print!!!
Did the DCL site let you check in at midnight...or was it later?

I am the same as you...weather may or may not be good, so what we do will depend on that. We may just walk to the duty free....or if the weather is decent we may venture further than that.

Too funny that you mentioned carry on only...I thought about it...but then realized there's no way.

ETA: Aren't you leaving this coming Saturday??? Have a MAGICAL time!! Look forward to hearing about it.

Jenny & Scott
2000-POFQ, 2005-FW, 2006-FW, 2008-FW, Feb 2009-CBR/POFQ, Sept 2009-ASM,2010 BWI/WL/AKL/DCL Magic Western, July 2011 BWI/DCL Dream, Nov 2011 FW/AKL, May 2012 GF/DCL Fantasy-Eastern/BWI, Oct 2012 DCL Magic-Western, Feb 2013 DCL Magic-Cozumel, Apr 2013 DCL Magic-CC/WDW/KW, Sept 2013 - DCL Wonder-Bahamas, Dec 2013 - DCL Wonder-NYE-Cozumel, March 2014 - DCL Magic-4 night, Patiently waiting for: Nov 2014-Dream, Nov 2015- DCL Wonder B2B-Western & Bahamas-Galveston, DCL Wonder 2015 NYE Cruise-Bahamas-Galveston

Last edited by ukintheus; 11-03-2012 at 09:30 PM.
ukintheus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 10:49 PM   #77
Goofysrus
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukintheus

Did the DCL site let you check in at midnight...or was it later?

I am the same as you...weather may or may not be good, so what we do will depend on that. We may just walk to the duty free....or if the weather is decent we may venture further than that.

Too funny that you mentioned carry on only...I thought about it...but then realized there's no way.

ETA: Aren't you leaving this coming Saturday??? Have a MAGICAL time!! Look forward to hearing about it.
Well it was my plan to check in at midnight... I completely forgot and panicked that afternoon! Lol Next time I'm putting an alert on my phone!

Yes we leave on the 10th! 😜😝 I'm getting super excited since we'll have 5 first time DCL cruisers. They love WDW so I know we're gonna have a blast. It's been funny seeing my Sis get pirate outfits together ( she even made tops for her and my niece )) I look terrible in hats but we decorated mini pirate hats that we got at Target. I'm getting crazier the older I get... So I'm having a drink or two and wearing that darn hat!!!

Thanks again for your trip report!! Before my Mom's passing she would travel with us and it was a wonderful reminder of those times together.😊

Busy week ahead but so worth it!!!! Fill you in when I get back!
Goofysrus is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-04-2012, 01:23 AM   #78
LMN6
Earning My Ears

We'll be joining you in February for our first Disney cruise! We've been on a couple cruises before and always wanted to go Disney but couldn't afford it. So happy this very affordable one came about!

We plan to surprise our 4 children (ages 10, 8, 6 & 6) Christmas morning. Thinking about a scavenger hunt that leads to a treasure box with a "countdown clothesline" that hangs bags or balloons with small gifts &/or fun things to expect on the cruise. They can take turns opening one each day...we'll have to see how much time I find to be creative. It'll be here before we know it!

Can't wait!

Lisa
LMN6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 07:33 AM   #79
MissDaisyofTexas
DIS Veteran

Welcome Lisa! How exciting for you and your kids!
Disney Fantasy 7-night Eastern October 2014
MissDaisyofTexas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 07:36 AM   #80
Out to Sea Lee
Mouseketeer

Hey everyone!! If you have sent me a friend request or message on facebook to join the page and you haven't heard back from me I truly apologize!! I found a message this am in "other" rather than my messages. I think it may be Goofysrus...If so, I've sent you a message.

Lee Ann
Old 11-04-2012, 10:52 AM   #81
Goofysrus
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Out to Sea Lee
Hey everyone!! If you have sent me a friend request or message on facebook to join the page and you haven't heard back from me I truly apologize!! I found a message this am in "other" rather than my messages. I think it may be Goofysrus...If so, I've sent you a message.

Lee Ann
Thanks for finding me and friending me!!! Lol
Old 11-04-2012, 03:38 PM   #82
BellaSoleil2
Earning My Ears

You can add us, too. Gregg, Sunni, Belle (5) and Evie (1).

We are telling Belle right before we head to Galveston.
BellaSoleil2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 06:08 PM   #83
MrsPotatoHead425
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by LMN6 View Post
We'll be joining you in February for our first Disney cruise! We've been on a couple cruises before and always wanted to go Disney but couldn't afford it. So happy this very affordable one came about!

We plan to surprise our 4 children (ages 10, 8, 6 & 6) Christmas morning. Thinking about a scavenger hunt that leads to a treasure box with a "countdown clothesline" that hangs bags or balloons with small gifts &/or fun things to expect on the cruise. They can take turns opening one each day...we'll have to see how much time I find to be creative. It'll be here before we know it!

Can't wait!

Lisa
Quote:
Originally Posted by BellaSoleil2 View Post

Welcome aboard!! Sounds like fun with all the surprised children!! I've added you to our Roll Call list. Christmas will be so fun for all these kiddos!!

Disney Magic - 02.05.13
Disney Magic - 05.18.12
MrsPotatoHead425 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 06:15 PM   #84
ukintheus
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by LMN6

Can't wait!

Lisa
Welcome!! A countdown clothesline sounds like a lot of fun!! I would enjoy one of those and I don't have kids!! LOL.

Jenny & Scott
2000-POFQ, 2005-FW, 2006-FW, 2008-FW, Feb 2009-CBR/POFQ, Sept 2009-ASM,2010 BWI/WL/AKL/DCL Magic Western, July 2011 BWI/DCL Dream, Nov 2011 FW/AKL, May 2012 GF/DCL Fantasy-Eastern/BWI, Oct 2012 DCL Magic-Western, Feb 2013 DCL Magic-Cozumel, Apr 2013 DCL Magic-CC/WDW/KW, Sept 2013 - DCL Wonder-Bahamas, Dec 2013 - DCL Wonder-NYE-Cozumel, March 2014 - DCL Magic-4 night, Patiently waiting for: Nov 2014-Dream, Nov 2015- DCL Wonder B2B-Western & Bahamas-Galveston, DCL Wonder 2015 NYE Cruise-Bahamas-Galveston
Old 11-04-2012, 06:16 PM   #85
ukintheus
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BellaSoleil2

Welcome to you guys! By the time we get to Christmas it will be a perfect wait time. Just a few weeks

Jenny & Scott
Old 11-04-2012, 06:25 PM   #86
BellaSoleil2
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by LMN6 View Post

Can't wait!

Lisa
We were thinking about the same thing!
BellaSoleil2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 10:07 AM   #87
gamax7
Earning My Ears

We have decided to move our "reveal" to Thanksgiving. We were going to surprise the kids on Christmas Eve but my 9 yr grandson mentioned to me the other day that he was so excited to be going on a cruise in Jan. I asked why he said that and he said " Grandma you said you would take us on a cruise next Jan last yr" Opps he never got the memo that that cruise idea had been put on hold. Oh well he may not be surprised but he will be real happy.
And I read some stories about older children wanting to be part of the planning and getting real upset when they were surprised later. We can"t check in or book excursions til Thanksgiving Day so we want the 12 yr old to be as much a part of the planning as she wants to be.
Plus I am having a very hard time keeping the secret. Was never good at that.
Anyway they will never expect anything at Thanksgiving and there is more extended family here that day.
I hope everyone will share their "reveals" with us...sooo excited.

WDW 1986, WDW 1996, WDW 2000, WDW 2005
DCL MAGIC Feb 5 2013, May 2 2014

gamax7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 11:30 AM   #88
Ohana 4
DIS Veteran

We are joining everyone on this cruise. Just got us signed up while on the Wonder in Hawaii. This will be our 5th cruise, all on Disney. Can't wait to go!

Ohana
June 2011 Wonder Alaska (1st cruise)
March 2012 Fantasy W. Carib. (Maiden Voyage)
Oct. 2012 Wonder Hawaii (1st 2-week cruise)
Dec. 2012 Dream Bahamas (NYE)
Feb. 2013 Magic Cozumel (Grand Slam cruise)
Apr. 2013 Magic Cozumel (1st Gold Cruise)
July 2013 Dream Bahamas (With BFFs)
Nov. 2013 Wonder in Carib. (Fall Fun!)
June 2014 Wonder Alaska (A return to Paradise)
June 2015 Magic Norway/Iceland (A dream come true!)
Ohana 4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 12:04 PM   #89
Goofysrus
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohana 4
We are joining everyone on this cruise. Just got us signed up while on the Wonder in Hawaii. This will be our 5th cruise, all on Disney. Can't wait to go!
Welcome aboard! Hope you can tell us all about your Hawaii cruise!!! 😎
Old 11-06-2012, 11:32 AM   #90
ukintheus
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohana 4 View Post
Welcome! Would love to hear what you thought about the Hawaii cruise. This will be our 5th as well...also all on Disney...

Jenny & Scott

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: