Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-09-2013, 01:11 PM   #211
lmackay
Earning My Ears

I am so loving the DIS board. We are a family of four on our first Disney cruise and aready it is very different from our other cruises.

Jamieson and Laura, Maisie (9) and Mallorie (7). We are in stateroom 6512. Late dinner seating...hope this means we can still see all the shows!

For the past couple of years we have done Chankanaab Reef in Cozumel and we will probably do the same this time, unless it is raining. It is not an excursion through the cruise ship. We get off the boat, bypass everyone waiting for the tour, and go to the taxi line. The taxi for four people is around $10 to Chankanaab and takes 5 minutes. It is a park and you pay the entrance fee at the gate ($19 for adults with internet coupone and $13 for kids) You can buy a bigger package with all you can drink/eat, but we usually just bring cash and buy some drinks there. (We were there in July and they took $$ but always subject to change.

Maisie did the Dolphin Swim Adventure for $99 and it was awesome. You can check it out online. Basically we swim in the pool and snorkel at the beach. The blue water and the colorful fish are really cool. The pool is good because we learned you can take back a LOT of sand to your room if you don't watch out.

Any other ideas for Cozumel that are not ship excursions?? I thought about doing the ruins, but not sure what there is to see. The Tulum ruins are too long of a trip for my kids. The transport over there takes forever. I might be interested in the Cozumel ruins, but I love the blue water and fish so I don't want to take a chance if it isn't impressive!

Sorry for the long post!

Last edited by lmackay; 01-10-2013 at 08:27 AM.
lmackay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 01:15 PM   #212
lmackay
Earning My Ears

Go to Casey's! It is a seafood place on the seawall next to Gaido's. Gaido's is a big name in Galveson and Casey's is the "little brother" and run by the same family. Casey's is a little cheaper ($13-$22) and is a little more casual. The view of the beach is great, but remember you are looking at brown water and sand!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-09-2013, 01:31 PM   #213
xmansmom
Mouseketeer

Thanks heastonfam. I'm going to do something similar. What font did you use to make those?
Last minute trip to Disneyland July/Aug 2007
Spring Break @ WDW - March 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011
Tokyo Disneyland and DisneySea - July 2010
Disneyland to check out Radiator Springs July 2012
First Disney Cruise on the Magic! Feb 2013
4th of July at WDW 2013 Are we crazy??
WDW - July 2014

First trip to the dark side - July 2014

xmansmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 01:35 PM   #214
gamax7
Earning My Ears

Thanks for the info on the park at Cozumel. We are signed up for the Beach Break through Disney but really do not want to spend that much money since all we really want to do is let the kids enjoy an ocean and warm weather - being land locked in Wisconsin the kids have never seen an ocean and we will be leaving lots of snow and sub freezing temps - so unsure what to do at this point.
gamax7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 01:44 PM   #215
xmansmom
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by CorBBalter View Post
"Babygirl...that's the smell of money".
I love your dad's take on it! I haven't heard it referred to as "Stinkadena" in a long time. I live in League City. I think there are a total of 3 families going from League City.
WDW - July 2014

Old 01-09-2013, 02:59 PM   #216
CorBBalter
Earning My Ears

Two that I know of from cypress as well. My mom in law bro in law and his two children are going as well from cypress. They have a veranda room.
CorBBalter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 03:48 PM   #217
heastonfam
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by xmansmom View Post
Thanks heastonfam. I'm going to do something similar. What font did you use to make those?
The font is Minnie, you can get it for free here: http://www.dafont.com/minnie.font
heastonfam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 05:03 PM   #218
MrsPotatoHead425
Mouseketeer

@ lmackay, you will still be able to see all the shows, we also have the late dining, just like we did last time. They do the show twice each night, so we'll go to the first show (while the people who have main dining are eating) and then about an hour in between show and dinner, and then we'll go eat (and the people who ate already will go to the second show) The shows are about 45 mins. long

Disney Magic - 02.05.13
Disney Magic - 05.18.12
MrsPotatoHead425 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 12:09 AM   #219
xmansmom
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by heastonfam

The font is Minnie, you can get it for free here: http://www.dafont.com/minnie.font
Thanks for that! I'm extra Disney obsessed since I booked my trip. I'm crazy like that. 😜
WDW - July 2014

Old 01-10-2013, 12:15 AM   #220
xmansmom
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by CorBBalter
Two that I know of from cypress as well. My mom in law bro in law and his two children are going as well from cypress. They have a veranda room.
Lots of locals. It's nice to live close enough to drive to the port. We saved tons on airfare.
We have a veranda room. Does that mean we'll have rooms near each other?
WDW - July 2014

Old 01-10-2013, 12:39 AM   #221
CorBBalter
Earning My Ears

Both parties in our family group are on deck six. Us interior and them up the walk a ways...but you guys are only one floor up.

Sorry I took so long, didn't realize lmackay had put the info up on the thread. LOL was waiting on PM. Anyway, now everyone knows how ditsy I can be. Here's the link to the mini FE group information!

https://docs.google.com/open?id=0BwP...HFTOC1fRThsZWM

Please let me know if the link works right, it's my first time linking my drive to a forum!

--Carla

Last edited by CorBBalter; 01-10-2013 at 12:58 AM. Reason: added link
Old 01-10-2013, 08:09 AM   #222
heastonfam
Earning My Ears

Can we join your mini group, too? We are also in the larger group but want to make sure you guys get plenty of fun stuff. Let me know. If not, no problem.
heastonfam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 08:31 AM   #223
lmackay
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by CorBBalter View Post
Both parties in our family group are on deck six. Us interior and them up the walk a ways...but you guys are only one floor up.

Sorry I took so long, didn't realize lmackay had put the info up on the thread. LOL was waiting on PM. Anyway, now everyone knows how ditsy I can be. Here's the link to the mini FE group information!

Please let me know if the link works right, it's my first time linking my drive to a forum!

--Carla
I clicked on the link and it worked perfectly. Thank you for putting this together! I am fine with others joining. Not sure how all this works. By the way...they won't let me respond to your private message! I can read it, but obviously I haven't "Earned My Ears" and posted enough to be allowed to respond.
Old 01-10-2013, 08:45 AM   #224
lmackay
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by gamax7 View Post
Thanks for the info on the park at Cozumel. We are signed up for the Beach Break through Disney but really do not want to spend that much money since all we really want to do is let the kids enjoy an ocean and warm weather - being land locked in Wisconsin the kids have never seen an ocean and we will be leaving lots of snow and sub freezing temps - so unsure what to do at this point.
Beach Break is fun and if you haven't been to Cozumel before it is perfect! It is nice to know everything is taken care of by the tour group and you don't have to worry about getting around. The beach is white sand, the water is gorgeous and everything is taken care of by the staff. I think there is a trampoline out in the water for the kids to swim to and jump on. We brought little beach pails from the dollar store at home for the kids to play with on the sand. (I have a feeling Wisconsin doesn't have a lot of beach pails in the dollar store...but the CVS and Walgreens down here usually have them!) Some people left the pails for the next group because they didn't want to take them back on the ship.

I think you can do Playa Mia the same way we do Chankanaab. (Taxi, pay entrance fee on your own). If you end up going, look and see if there is a place where someone could just pay and get on the beach. Just curious and would be good to know for next time.
Old 01-10-2013, 09:33 AM   #225
CorBBalter
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by heastonfam View Post
Can we join your mini group, too? We are also in the larger group but want to make sure you guys get plenty of fun stuff. Let me know. If not, no problem.
I'll pull your info from the large group's sheet if the other's are ok with it.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: