Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-09-2012, 06:09 PM   #1
Happy100
Mouseketeer

Best Dinning Rotation for Fantasy Eastern

What is the best dinning rotation for the Fantasy Eastern and also the best night to book Remy's with your preferred dinning rotation.

Disney Wonder 8/24/15 "Finally Gold"
Disney Fantasy 3/29/14
Disney Fantasy 12/15/12
Disney Wonder Mexican Riviera 2/12/12
Disney Magic 7 day Western 10/16/10
Disney Wonder 4 day Bahamas 8/22/09
Happy100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 06:52 PM   #2
texasgirl73
Obsessive Trip Planner

I had AERAERA, which I felt was ideal. We started the week in AP with Crush, which was nice because it's more casual and having just gotten on the ship a few hours earlier we didn't feel like having to change clothes. We had formal night (night 2) in Enchanted Garden, followed by Royal Court on night 3. Pirate night was in Animators which to me is the best for Pirate Night (if you choose to participate, I chose to go to Palo instead but my kids ate at AP and enjoyed it.) Night 5 is in Enchanted Garden (which is when I dined at Remy, I had already experienced EG so didn't feel I was missing anything.) Semi-formal night (night 6) was in Royal Court which is great for a dressup night because of the fancy decor plus our servers were in tuxedos, whish seems more in line with the RC decor than any other dining room. We got to finish the week at AP with the Animation Magic Show.

The other rotations are less desirable to me. ERAERAE puts you in AP on semiformal night and RAERAER puts you in AP on formal night.

The best nights for Remy or Palo to me are Night 4 or Night 5 if you have the AERAREA rotation. That way you don't miss the shows in AP or meeting your servers on night 1, or saying goodbye on night 7. Another consideration is that on Pirate Night (night 4) there is no show, they just play a movie in the Theater so you can easily fit in the 3 hours it takes to enjoy Remy.
Register to remove

Old 09-09-2012, 07:06 PM   #3
bruwench
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by texasgirl73 View Post
I had AERAERA, which I felt was ideal. We started the week in AP with Crush, which was nice because it's more casual and having just gotten on the ship a few hours earlier we didn't feel like having to change clothes. We had formal night (night 2) in Enchanted Garden, followed by Royal Court on night 3. Pirate night was in Animators which to me is the best for Pirate Night (if you choose to participate, I chose to go to Palo instead but my kids ate at AP and enjoyed it.) Night 5 is in Enchanted Garden (which is when I dined at Remy, I had already experienced EG so didn't feel I was missing anything.) Semi-formal night (night 6) was in Royal Court which is great for a dressup night because of the fancy decor plus our servers were in tuxedos, whish seems more in line with the RC decor than any other dining room. We got to finish the week at AP with the Animation Magic Show.

The other rotations are less desirable to me. ERAERAE puts you in AP on semiformal night and RAERAER puts you in AP on formal night

The best nights for Remy or Palo to me are Night 4 or Night 5 if you have the AERAREA rotation. That way you don't miss the shows in AP or meeting your servers on night 1, or saying goodbye on night 7. Another consideration is that on Pirate Night (night 4) there is no show, they just play a movie in the Theater so you can easily fit in the 3 hours it takes to enjoy Remy.
This is priceless information, thank you! I do hope we get AERAREA, it would be perfect for us considering we are going to try for ressies in Palo on Pirate Night. However, we've already put one request in for a private table for me and my husband, so if we don't get our ideal rotation I'm not going to push my luck by asking for a change.

One question for anyone who has cruised the Fantasy in the last month: I've seen pictures of the dinner menus from May and June, but nothing super recent. Are the menus pretty much still the same?
bruwench is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 08:00 PM   #4
sambycat
DIS Veteran

i think thats what we had and then we were able to get remy on our middle AP night. we don’t worry about the formal night restaurant deal, just trying not to miss the regular dining or miss anything too special to us!

sambycat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 08:06 PM   #5
shburks
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by texasgirl73

The other rotations are less desirable to me. ERAERAE puts you in AP on semiformal night and RAERAER puts you in AP on formal night.
I could have written this exact post! That was our rotation and loved it for those same reasons...AND we even had Palo on night 5 (rather than Remy) like pp and lived Royal Court for semi- formal. Thought AP was perfect for night 1. Secretly hoped for AERAERA and was thrilled to see it on our card!

DCL: Wonder: October 2015 * Magic: January 2014 * Fantasy: October 2013 * Dream: January 2013 * Fantasy: August 2012
WDW: Beach Club Apr 2014 * Coronado Springs Oct 2013 * Boardwalk Sept 2013 * Animal Kingdom Lodge July 2013 * PO French Quarter (Jan 2013, Apr 2014) * Pop Century (Aug 2012, Dec 2009) * Wilderness Lodge (Sept, 2013, Oct 2011, Sept 2010), ASMo Dec 2003, off property: 1990, 1988, 1985
Disney's Vero Beach Resort: July 2013
shburks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 08:08 PM   #6
FJS961
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Great advice.

Thats what we did too. Also, for pirate night in AP, the lighting is altered and the screens show various pirate themed animation items.
FJS961 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 07:25 PM   #7
Kennywood
Kennywood

Thumbs up

Quote:

Thank you SO much for this information! This is our first cruise ever and this information just helped us in planning things. Your help will certainly make our cruise much more memorable.

Kennywood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 10:07 AM   #8
WahineMinnie
Diverse Disney Traveler

Quote:

Thank you so much, Texasgirl, for this wonderful post!! We will be trying to get ours to be this rotation too, as we have adults 'kids' traveling with us. The formal night is going to be pretty special for us. This is our first DC and we are enjoying getting all the details from those who have the experience.

One question...I was told that the rotation schedule is available to us 30 days out and we could call DVC and get our schedule and adjust if we want. Is this true?

DCL Magic June 14 - 26, 2014, 30th Anniversary Trip
DCL Fantasy December 15 -22, 2012
DVC Beach Club Villas May 2012
DVC Vero Beach Villas May 2012
DVC Animal Kingdom June 2010
DVC Adventures by Disney Emerald Isle June 2009
DVC Wilderness Lodge Villas June 2007
DVC Saratoga Springs Villas August 2006
WDW Beach Club Resort December 2005
Disneyland Parks during 2005 Tournament of Roses Parade Tour (DD marched in TORP parade-DD's HS was THE Electric Light Parade. Rest of Disney's floats cancelled due to rain) December 2004/January 2005
DVC Old Key West Villas 1999 (stayed with sister, a founding DVC member)
WDW Port Orleans October 1994
WahineMinnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 10:49 AM   #9
Happy100
Mouseketeer

One question...I was told that the rotation schedule is available to us 30 days out and we could call DVC and get our schedule and adjust if we want. Is this true?[/QUOTE]

hmmm...I would like to know this too. I know you can call to request a specific rotation but didn't know it would be available to view 30 days out.
If you went through a travel agency do you have to go through them for the info or can you call Disney yourself?

Disney Wonder 8/24/15 "Finally Gold"
Disney Fantasy 3/29/14
Disney Fantasy 12/15/12
Disney Wonder Mexican Riviera 2/12/12
Disney Magic 7 day Western 10/16/10
Disney Wonder 4 day Bahamas 8/22/09
Happy100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 11:02 AM   #10
WahineMinnie
Diverse Disney Traveler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy100 View Post
One question...I was told that the rotation schedule is available to us 30 days out and we could call DVC and get our schedule and adjust if we want. Is this true?

hmmm...I would like to know this too. I know you can call to request a specific rotation but didn't know it would be available to view 30 days out.
If you went through a travel agency do you have to go through them for the info or can you call Disney yourself?[/QUOTE]

I'm not sure...I would say to start out with where you made your DCL reservation at. I will be calling DVC member services and they make the contact with DCL (at least that's what they did to make my cruise ressie and also when I had to make a room change).

But if anyone has details on this, I'd appreciate it!

Disneyland Parks during 2005 Tournament of Roses Parade Tour (DD marched in TORP parade-DD's HS was THE Electric Light Parade. Rest of Disney's floats cancelled due to rain) December 2004/January 2005
Old 09-12-2012, 12:20 PM   #11
cruisindisney2007
Earning My Ears

We were off the Fantasy 9/1; had same rotation and loved it. Ship is beautiful and we booked another one for April 20, 2013 since it is making a stop in Puerto Rico this time.
cruisindisney2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 01:28 PM   #12
dznyacct
DIS Veteran

FYI, you can call DCL and request a particular dining rotation . Of course they tell you that it is not guaranteed, but it worked for us . We requested the perfect AERAERA rotation for the 5 linked cabins in our group and that is exactly what we all got .
Old 09-12-2012, 02:14 PM   #13
Lauralooneyfordisney
DIS Veteran

I requested our rotation with our TA and this time with DVC. We received what we requested and we are all adults on Main rotation.
Old 10-02-2012, 01:29 PM   #14
WahineMinnie
Diverse Disney Traveler

Quote:
Originally Posted by WahineMinnie View Post
If you went through a travel agency do you have to go through them for the info or can you call Disney yourself?
I'm not sure...I would say to start out with where you made your DCL reservation at. I will be calling DVC member services and they make the contact with DCL (at least that's what they did to make my cruise ressie and also when I had to make a room change).

But if anyone has details on this, I'd appreciate it![/QUOTE]

Just a FUP to this post....I called DVC yesterday (our first window of time to book excursions, adult dining, etc.) and they connected with DCL. The DVC rep came back on the line and said our request has been accepted by DCL. They didn't give me a confirmation # or anything like that, so I'm guessing it might not be guaranteed. But they also didn't say I had to wait until 30 days prior to the cruise. I think for giggles, I will call back 30 days out and see what they have set up for me.

Old 10-02-2012, 02:15 PM   #15
mousemom11
Wild Women Do Disney and They Don't Regret It!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dznyacct View Post
FYI, you can call DCL and request a particular dining rotation . Of course they tell you that it is not guaranteed, but it worked for us . We requested the perfect AERAERA rotation for the 5 linked cabins in our group and that is exactly what we all got .
We requested the AERAERA rotation and got it. I agree that this was a great rotation.

1996 Honeymoon at WDW 2002 Disneyland GC 2003 Disneyland GC (Concierge) 2005 Disneyland GC at Christmas 10/08 DLH
2009 WDW and Disney Magic Western DD 2010 Mediterranean RCCL Brilliance of the Seas
2011 Alaska Disney Wonder 2012 WDW and Disney Fantasy Eastern 2013 RCCL Allure B2B Western and Eastern
2014 Disney Magic Christmas Western 2015 Disney Magic Baltics
mousemom11 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: