Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Universal Studios/Sea World > Universal Studios/Islands of Adventure Forums
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-09-2012, 05:19 PM   #1
Lizboo
DIS Veteran

Unhappy Ticket Trouble- HELP!!

I was reviewing my papers this weekend and I see that for online tickets (the 3 day 2 park ticket and my stay and scream for HHN) you have to provide ID and the card used to make the purchase. Well, my mom bought our tickets for birthday/anniversary presents and up until this weekend, she was going to be with me. Just found out she (and her credit card) will not be there.

What can I do now?? Can I get like a signed note from her or something??

BTW She lives in NC and I live in Canada, so its not like I can just borrow her card and get it right back to her.

Now I am worried

December 2012 Wilderness Lodge/September 2012CBR/September 2011 Riverside/August 2011 DLP Kyriad/
September 2010 Wilderness Lodge/August 2010 Grand Californian/December 2009 All Star Movies/
Oct 2009 Port Orleans French Quarter/Sept 2008 Port Orleans Riverside/Sept 2007 Carribean Beach Resort
May 2006 ASMovies/ASMusic/May 2000 -2005 Offsite
Lizboo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 06:04 PM   #2
Maytrix
Mouseketeer

Have her call the park and explain the situation. I'm sure they've dealt with this before and can take care of it.
Maytrix is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-09-2012, 06:05 PM   #3
damo
Proud Redhead
amok amok amok
The curly haired dude said he wouldn't be joining me this vacation!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lizboo View Post
I was reviewing my papers this weekend and I see that for online tickets (the 3 day 2 park ticket and my stay and scream for HHN) you have to provide ID and the card used to make the purchase. Well, my mom bought our tickets for birthday/anniversary presents and up until this weekend, she was going to be with me. Just found out she (and her credit card) will not be there.

BTW She lives in NC and I live in Canada, so its not like I can just borrow her card and get it right back to her.

Now I am worried
No big deal. Instead of going to the kiosks, go to guest services with your photo ID. Did she put your names on the tickets?
damo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 06:37 PM   #4
Lizboo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by damo View Post
No big deal. Instead of going to the kiosks, go to guest services with your photo ID. Did she put your names on the tickets?
She did indeed

Thanks for the replies...and a little peace of mind

December 2012 Wilderness Lodge/September 2012CBR/September 2011 Riverside/August 2011 DLP Kyriad/
September 2010 Wilderness Lodge/August 2010 Grand Californian/December 2009 All Star Movies/
Oct 2009 Port Orleans French Quarter/Sept 2008 Port Orleans Riverside/Sept 2007 Carribean Beach Resort
Old 09-09-2012, 07:08 PM   #5
JessicaR
DIS Veteran
I wanna shoot aliens in the AM too!
The Grinch is rude in a funny sorta way
run to the hams!

Exactly what damo said. We had a guest with us once and his mom had bought his ticket and wasn't with us or her card. No big deal at all.
JessicaR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 08:00 PM   #6
Lizboo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by JessicaR View Post
Exactly what damo said. We had a guest with us once and his mom had bought his ticket and wasn't with us or her card. No big deal at all.
Thank you

Old 09-09-2012, 08:14 PM   #7
macraven
Proud Redhead
Has the longest test on record
Iím a Universal Homie

Location: between milwaukee and chicago (in Tom Felton's house)

Quote:

Now I am worried
no problem ......you can stop worrying now.

been there, done that...

guest services will handle this and you can receive your tickets.

have fun at the parks!!

macraven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 12:03 PM   #8
Lizboo
DIS Veteran

Thank you everybody- I had emailed Universal Studios and they told me they dont usually make exceptions to this rule. Which had me freaking out again.

It is our names right at the top of the regular ticket as well as the SnS.

Happy to get all the positive replies- fingers crossed

Old 09-10-2012, 03:01 PM   #9
phamton
Proud Redhead
My husband is right...It is all about me!Shooting your own exhaust is like cheating at solitaire

DISboards Moderator

You need the CC if you are picking them up from the kiosk. You will not need it, if you pick them up from Guest Services. **But** if the order is in your mother's name and not your name, you won't be able to pick them up. Your mother needs to call the online ticket store and change the name on the order so that the pick up person is you. She must do that in order for you to pick up the tickets. If your name is already on the ticket order (regardless of whose CC you used), then all you need is photo ID.

If you have print-at-home tickets, then you won't need to do anything except to bring the print at home tickets with you and go through the turnstiles. Have you picture ID with you just in case. ( I thought you might already have the print at home since you said your name is on the ticket. If that is the case, then you are all set to go.)
Old 09-10-2012, 04:42 PM   #10
phamton
Proud Redhead
My husband is right...It is all about me!Shooting your own exhaust is like cheating at solitaire

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
It is our names right at the top of the regular ticket as well as the SnS.
After reading this, it seems that you already have your tickets in your hand. You don't need the cc if you already have your tickets, only if you are picking them up from the kiosk. Just go straight to the turnstiles, you will not be asked for the CC at all. If for some reason the tickets aren't working correctly, you may be asked for photo ID that matches the names on the tickets.

If you do not have your tickets, then read my post above.
Old 09-10-2012, 06:45 PM   #11
Lizboo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by phamton View Post
After reading this, it seems that you already have your tickets in your hand. You don't need the cc if you already have your tickets, only if you are picking them up from the kiosk. Just go straight to the turnstiles, you will not be asked for the CC at all. If for some reason the tickets aren't working correctly, you may be asked for photo ID that matches the names on the tickets.

If you do not have your tickets, then read my post above.
indeed we do have them (we had the print at home option).

Deep sigh of relief

Old 09-10-2012, 07:26 PM   #12
damo
Proud Redhead
amok amok amok
The curly haired dude said he wouldn't be joining me this vacation!

Quote:
indeed we do have them (we had the print at home option).

Deep sigh of relief

Hahahaha! There never was a problem!!!
damo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 10:42 PM   #13
macraven
Proud Redhead
Has the longest test on record
Iím a Universal Homie

Location: between milwaukee and chicago (in Tom Felton's house)

i was thinking she had the print at home tickets by what she said earlier.
that is why i told her to go to guest relations.

looks like a happy ending to the op's question.

macraven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 02:31 PM   #14
Lizboo
DIS Veteran

Update

We just returned this weekend...NO ISSUES at all with the tickets at the turnstall...just thought I would let you all know

Old 10-02-2012, 05:17 PM   #15
Dizneydaz
DIS Veteran

Quote:
We just returned this weekend...NO ISSUES at all with the tickets at the turnstall...just thought I would let you all know
So glad to hear! We too have tickets bought by someone else (who's at home in California) She and I both called Universal when we read the tickets. They told me it wouldn't be a problem but I'm glad to hear it wasn't for you. I'll plan on direct to the turnstyles. We too have our printed at home tix with our names on them.

We are planning on going tomorrow-any tips for a newbie and her DD13? She's loved HP books/movies since she first started reading them at 6.
Dizneydaz is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: