Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-11-2012, 09:31 AM   #106
chartle
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by debdebdebby13 View Post
Bolded could technically be true, couldn't it. I mean, isn't there a shuttle that comes to the Disney Resorts and takes people to US and you have to pay to ride, right?
Technically yes, but pretty sure US was DHS.

If this person didn't know that there was more than one park besides Disneyland (MK) pretty sure they would not know how to make arrangements to get to US (the real one). Its not like they can just go out their door and catch a bus going to there.
Old 09-11-2012, 09:33 AM   #107
hpygrll
Mouseketeer
Nosferatu!
I only pilfer packets of tartar sauce........is that a crime?

My neighbor and his brother were over our house for dinner and the brother was insisting that you had to pay for Fast Passes at Disney. We kept saying no you don't and maybe you're thinking of Universal. He was so insistent that we just gave up. That's really hard for me to do because, really, who doubts US and our Disney knowledge? LOL
Jenny
hpygrll is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-11-2012, 10:26 AM   #108
ollynholly
Mouseketeer

Our Christmas gift to my family was a trip to WDW, bought 7 day tix including FD. We'll be visiting in 2 months! This will be the first trip for my siblings and nephew.

Anyway, my mother who has been there a few moons ago, asked if while we're there do we have to do everything Disney? Is there any day someone could go out and explore? Check out any fruit stands for oranges, you know bc Florida has really good oranges. Will we be near a beach? Is there anywhere we can get tshirts, you know like the shops they have at beaches 3 for $10?
ollynholly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 11:01 AM   #109
Tltorrez
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinderella1122

I find this thread funny and depressing. It's really sad that there are ppl who are willing to spend thousands on a vacation and dont even do a little research.
What's really sad is that I don't think Disney is really any different than other vacations or other major purchases in that respect.
Tltorrez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 11:03 AM   #110
seobaina
DIS Veteran

Not at WDW but the 'disney' one I get at least once a week - People ask me for something (in a disney store) and then to my reply of "I'm sorry, that isn't a Disney item" they go "Do you only sell Disney things in here then?" Clue is in the title surely?

Park related I always get asked if we sell the Universal and Sea World tickets too and often get genuine confusion when I explain we don't own those parks and can't sell the tickets. On the flip side of that I love it when people ask if you're going to EPCOT or Animal Kingdom or just Disney World.
The views & opinions expressed on this post are mine & don't necessarily represent or reflect those of The Walt Disney Company!

WDW Offsite April 1992, WDW Offsite April 1995, DLC Offsite December 1996, DLC Offsite 26th March 2000, DLC Offsite 4th October 2002, WDW Pop Century April/May 2006, DLC Offsite 6-9th September 2007, DLRP Cheyenne 14-17th October 2007, WDW POFQ/AKL/CBR April/May 2008, DLC Sept 2009, WDW Pop Century April/May 2010, WDW Villa/POR/BCV April/May 2011, WDW Pop Century 7-9th October 2012, DLRP New York 29-31st January 2013, DLC Offsite 24-28th September 2013

Ariel
seobaina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 11:21 AM   #111
goodfood4ursoul
DIS Veteran

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by ollynholly View Post
Our Christmas gift to my family was a trip to WDW, bought 7 day tix including FD. We'll be visiting in 2 months! This will be the first trip for my siblings and nephew.

Anyway, my mother who has been there a few moons ago, asked if while we're there do we have to do everything Disney? Is there any day someone could go out and explore? Check out any fruit stands for oranges, you know bc Florida has really good oranges. Will we be near a beach? Is there anywhere we can get tshirts, you know like the shops they have at beaches 3 for $10?
It sounds like your mom is ready to spend more time exploring outside the gates of the Magic...why fight the issue
There's a lot to see out there, and as long as she leaves you all to your own plans it's a win-win situation
Have her check out this website: www.freshfloridacitrus.com/
Turn her loose with a car and GPS for the morning while you all enjoy the parks
This is a family-run operation within 30 minutes of WDW, she can taste all the fresh citrus before she buys- I recommend the Page oranges- they are to DIE for!
And you are going during the height of citrus season...
Somewhere I read a research study that signs on life have actually been reported outside the House of Mouse...

Who knows, there could be an up-side to her defection...
maybe she'll fall in love with the area and invest in a second home...

We were never "bit" by the "Move to Florida" bug until we stayed off-site and explored...
too bad we have lots more time before we can afford to retire...

yep
goodfood4ursoul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 11:29 AM   #112
ghtx
"In this times that all strategies seem to be death and you pay to eat fart and make a line in the parks of DW and just a few rides..."

Quote:
Originally Posted by littlebit0863 View Post
I had our mail lady tell me Disney owns MCO and has underground tunnels built underneath for an end of the world apocalypse. She also named several "must eat at Disney" restaurants, all of which were on I-drive.
This is my favorite.
Old 09-11-2012, 11:38 AM   #113
smkohn
Mouseketeer

The first time my boyfriend and I went down together we were walking through AK. We had gotten our fastpasses for Expedition Everest and were going toward the Safari. There was a lady standing near the FP machine talking to her family. She proclaimed loudly that she was glad they decided to get FPs for Expedition Everest, because there wasn't much else she would ride, since she only does rides that move forward. She won't ride anything that goes backwards.
Kind of like my dad when we all went one year. We really wanted him to go on RnRC with us, but he doesn't deal well with coasters, especially upside down ones. They must have mentioned 4 times on the tram from the parking lot that it was a ride with upside down parts, plus all of the warning signs near the ride. When we got near the ride he asked us why the car at the entrance was upside down. We told him it was just for effect. He went for it, and kept saying fine, we would ride it with us, since it didn't go upside down. Apparently he doesn't pay much attention to his surroundings.
Old 09-11-2012, 12:20 PM   #114
thegib95
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndiSlamberg View Post
African Lion Safari in Toronto does this. You can get on a tram and go though, or drive though with your own car, and the animals come up to you and such. It's a pretty neat experience.
One of my favorite memories as a kid was driving up with my aunt, uncle and cousins to African Lion Safari, stopping at Canada's Niagara side, and then coming home, great memories, and a really cool place...

Got some great pics of a baboon sitting on the sideview mirror one time, and my grandmother freaking out, while it stared her down!

Me DW DD (1.4.11)

Trips: 1982: Mom's Belly | 1992-CB | 1997-PO | 1998-BWV | Summer 1999-BWV | Christmas 1999- BWV | Summer 2001-BW | Summer 2002-YC | Spring 2005-BCV | March 2010- POFQ
September 2012 -- BCV |December 2013-AKL |September 2014-AKL

thegib95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 12:53 PM   #115
cindyfan
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by chartle View Post
Technically yes, but pretty sure US was DHS.

If this person didn't know that there was more than one park besides Disneyland (MK) pretty sure they would not know how to make arrangements to get to US (the real one). Its not like they can just go out their door and catch a bus going to there.

Yes, they were definitely at DHS since they kept talking about the 3-D Buzz Lightyear ride.
And they have no idea that US and DHS are seperate.
Old 09-11-2012, 01:35 PM   #116
niffer5150
Mouseketeer

omgosh... "why are you going back? you just went there in 2010.", you're not going till jan and you're planning NOW?!?! you must be one of those ocd people who plan everything to death.", "10 days?!?!? what are you going to do there for 10 days? there can't possibly be that much to see.", or "if you guys aren't into the characters, why do you bother going?", "isn't your kid a little old to like disney?(she's 12)". my personal favorite "you guys live in los angeles. why not just go to disneyland?"

my californian brethren often don't get how big wdw is, how much to do there is, dining(i usually have to explain the concept of this) needs a little planning if you want to eat at table service without frustration, wdw is not a "dry" park and has more "grown up" stuff the older crowd will enjoy, and that DL is NOT even close to the same thing as WDW. it doesn't have to cost 10,000 to go on a nice trip either.
niffer5150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 09:10 PM   #117
WaDiWo
WDWFan!

All of these are amazing and funny! I am reminded, however, of thr NEXT level of "silly comments, " you know the type:

The people who know a LITTLE about disney from visits in the past but THINK they know everything, for example:

"if you go to the magic kingdom start on the LEFT side and you won't hit any lines." (possible, but there are more advanced strategies, hehe)

"i know a secret way to get to the front of the lines, called fast pass." (not really a secret, and it's not a front of the line pass.)

A bit off topic, but i think some CMs have given silly tips like this too, I'm positive many DISers know more than some CMs. (no disrespect to CMs please)

My blog: I achieved my goal January 12, 2014! see how I did it: Couch to Goofy Marathon and a Half Challenge!
Hear my interview about achieving this goal on the Runner Academy Everyday Runners podcast.
My Castaway Cay 5k trip report HERE
Packing for a Disney Trip or Cruise? Check out my free ultimate packing (and to-do) list here.
WaDiWo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 09:33 PM   #118
Radiorox
Live from the city of Magic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiki23 View Post
I just don't get it! You can't turn around without seeing a sign or a map. I've seen several posts like this; I wonder if it's because the clueless visitors have come in through the International Gateway and just hung a right? But did they never wonder what that giant shiny ball was across the lake?

WHAT?!?!? You mean that shiny ball ISN'T SEAWORLD?! O_O Refund!!!

I HATE it when people mention ORLANDO for Disney. Guys, I know it's NEAR there but Disney is NOT in Orlando! Tourists, I feel for you, I do... you are allowed to call it Orlando. My fellow Floridians... Shame on you!!!
Old 09-11-2012, 09:42 PM   #119
KMcCP
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by LisaTC View Post
Yes, I'm dreading having to explain our 2nd trip in a little more than a year. Why should I care? I think it's because people assume you're wealthy, just like sending my daughter to parochial/private school. Determined would be the word I'd use! I think some people don't get it. The place is huge! I could go 1x every 6 months for 2 years and never get to all my to do list! I will say that my DD mostly thinks DW is MK! The other places are just the other places...Epcot, etc.
I feel the same way. We're from the northeast and we were just there two years ago when our DD was 3. These are the same people who pay what we pay for our entire trip for 8 days with dining and airfare to rent a house on the Cape every summer. Not to mention we want to go again while DD still believes in everything and the whole experience for her is completely magical!
Old 09-11-2012, 10:05 PM   #120
iheartbelle87
Mouseketeer

My mother and I go to Disney world every year for our annual girls get away since 2000. My mothers sister and her daughter live about two hours away from WDW and we invited them to join us for a day at Epcot. When we met them my cousin seemed very surprised at every attraction so my mother asked "have you never been to Epcot before?" we all assumed she had because of living so close, etc. my cousin replied, "no, I've only been to Disney" we tried to explain it but she wasn't having it! Lol

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: