Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-10-2012, 01:18 PM   #91
tiki23
Able to leap a double stroller in a single *splat*
A hot glue gun was my best friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by ValiantHeart View Post
So I went for the first time this past summer, and I was 17 at the time. I got "I don't know why she's in a character line, she's too old!" so many times, you would not believe!

Granted, it was at the first part of June, but why should that mean I can't be a little kid on my first WDW trip?
You can be a kid at Disney at 17, 57 or 97! In fact, you don't have to be a kid because Disney is for those who are young at heart and in spirit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtowntoflorida View Post
Yeah, they had no clue, none, that there was anything to EPCOT other than the WS. They didn't know EPCOT had any rides. They said that they thought that all you did at EPCOT was eat and drink. Then she tried the excuse of, "Well, we get in for free so we don't get any ride tickets" and I explained to her that you don't need ride tickets to ride rides at Disney.

The next time they went, they did try checking out other parts of EPCOT. They couldn't find Soarin', but finally did Spaceship Earth for the first time ever.
I just don't get it! You can't turn around without seeing a sign or a map. I've seen several posts like this; I wonder if it's because the clueless visitors have come in through the International Gateway and just hung a right? But did they never wonder what that giant shiny ball was across the lake?
1st Trip! 11/06 POP~ Christmas Time W/Mom 12/07 POP~ Just Me DL 3/08~ Mom-Son 8/08 POP~Fam & Friends 10/08 DLR~Reunion 9/09 ASMU~Sisters! 9/10 POFQ~ 3/11 w/DD's choir ASMu~ 5/12 EE Challenge w/Sis POP ~w/DH 9/12 AoA~ ToT Run/Reunion 10/13 POP! ~ ASP w/Sis Princess Wknd 2/14 DLand Half Marathon 8/14 11/14 Avenger Half Marathon
tiki23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 01:27 PM   #92
erinclemmer
Earning My Ears

I am really enjoying this thread. Many, many years ago my sister worked at The Disney Store and our mall also had a Warner Brothers store at the time. A lady came into the store and went over to the jewelry case and was looking at watches. When my sister approached to asked if she needed any help the woman said "I'm fine, just lookin' for Tweety Bird!" My sis had to really bite her lip not to say "Just keep lookin' he's in there somewhere". She did tell the woman that was over at the Warner Brothers Store to which the woman shrugged and walked away! My sister is now an ER nurse with a wonderful bedside manor for people who need it, but no sympathy for those who don't!
erinclemmer is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-10-2012, 02:05 PM   #93
mytripsandraces
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dishguy1977 View Post
Yeah...people don't really seem to understand that being at a hotel IN Disney doesn't mean that you walk out the front door and hop onto Space Mountain.
Unless you're at Disney California Adventure, Disneyland Paris or Tokyo DisneySea, where you can step out of your hotel into the theme park (Grand Californian, Disneyland Hotel, and Mira Costa, respectively). You can almost hop right onto Grizzly River Rapids from the Grand Californian's park entrance.
Old 09-10-2012, 09:29 PM   #94
Radiorox
Live from the city of Magic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by herewego1
When I told my BIL he really didn't need a rental car while staying on Disney property, he angrily told me he wanted to do the safari at Animal Kingdom, and how would he "be able to drive through it if he didn't have a car?"
Omg!! Like Lion Country Safari?! ROFL!!
Radiorox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 09:41 PM   #95
Radiorox
Live from the city of Magic.

while on Pirates

"Omg! That actor is sooo good that he even thr bottom of his feet are dirty!!"

Me: "It's an animatronic... not a person."

"Hah! Right, next thing you'll tell me that the actors in Hall of Presidents are fake too!"

*face palm*
Radiorox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 10:05 PM   #96
littlebit0863
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by firecracker725 View Post
Move over rhinos!

littlebit0863 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 10:17 PM   #97
ellie05
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiki23 View Post
You can be a kid at Disney at 17, 57 or 97! In fact, you don't have to be a kid because Disney is for those who are young at heart and in spirit.

I just don't get it! You can't turn around without seeing a sign or a map. I've seen several posts like this; I wonder if it's because the clueless visitors have come in through the International Gateway and just hung a right? But did they never wonder what that giant shiny ball was across the lake?

This is what I keep thinking. Do this people get a map of the park? It clearly states every ride . Or do they watch TV at all where it says 4 parks.

Last edited by ellie05; 09-13-2012 at 10:49 AM.
ellie05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 10:21 PM   #98
littlebit0863
Mouseketeer

I had our mail lady tell me Disney owns MCO and has underground tunnels built underneath for an end of the world apocalypse. She also named several "must eat at Disney" restaurants, all of which were on I-drive.
littlebit0863 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 10:46 PM   #99
chloe4ever
Mouseketeer

Silliest things that I have heard/overheard at Disney:

--I would never want to go anywhere else. Ever. It is a big world out there......I don't understand that mind set about any one location.

--The Rock and Roll Roller Coaster now uses Adam Lambert's music Imagine the outrage!

--(Mother talking to her little girl) "Sweetie, you don't like mouses, I don't think you would want to meet them" referring to Mickey and Minnie who were standing a few yards away........

--Parents trying to convince/make their kids be afraid of certain attractions. Last time I heard, "You will not like Space Mountain." and the boy replied, "I want to try it." and then "You WILL be terrified. No." and the boy replied, "I WANT to try it." Mom replied, "NO. You will be afraid. No way!"

--Mother once said to me as I was IN a stall, "Hurry up!! My son has to pee!!!" and then repeated it over and over again.
chloe4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 11:08 PM   #100
cindyfan
DIS Veteran

These are so funny!!!!
But what's funnier is that there are so many people out there that think the same.......

A co-worker came back from a week in florida and told me.....
They had 4-day tickets to "DisneyLAND" and didnt really see how people would spend 4 days visiting "Disneyland".
And the one day and it was so crowded they decided to get on the bus to "Universal" but had to pay extra to get in.

I tried to explain that they were at Magic Kingdom and must have had to "pay" the additional fee to change their ticket into a "hopper". But she just didnt' get it.

They she went on to say she was disappointed because she thought there was a "Harry Potter" ride..... but "according to her"..... it just hasn't been built yet!! So they had to wait in line for an hour and half to get on a Buzz Lightyear ride.

Then she said that they didn't go to the "Animal Park" because they didn't want to pay any more because the Disneyland 4 day tickets cost so much.

I just gave up trying to explain it to her!
Old 09-11-2012, 08:23 AM   #101
Cinderella1122
DVC member since 2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by cindyfan View Post
These are so funny!!!!
But what's funnier is that there are so many people out there that think the same.......

They had 4-day tickets to "DisneyLAND" and didnt really see how people would spend 4 days visiting "Disneyland".
And the one day and it was so crowded they decided to get on the bus to "Universal" but had to pay extra to get in.

I find this thread funny and depressing. It's really sad that there are ppl who are willing to spend thousands on a vacation and dont even do a little research.

June 2014 - All Star Music
December 2014 - Saratoga Springs
June 2015 - All Star Music
December 2015 - Bay Lake Tower
Cinderella1122 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 08:45 AM   #102
chartle
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by chloe4ever View Post
--Parents trying to convince/make their kids be afraid of certain attractions. Last time I heard, "You will not like Space Mountain." and the boy replied, "I want to try it." and then "You WILL be terrified. No." and the boy replied, "I WANT to try it." Mom replied, "NO. You will be afraid. No way!"
I have few theories on this one:
  • Parent is afraid DS is going to get hurt on such an intense roller coaster. Since you can't see the ride from the outside they can't gauge how bad it is. (yes I know in the roller coaster world SM is a junior coaster)

I was in line for SM next to a very nervous mother with a probably 8 year old boy. The mother kept muttering, kind of to herself. "This doesn't go upside does it, no it doesn't go upside down"? I tried to tell her it doesn't but she gave me one of those what do you know looks. We get off the ride and their photo showed the mom sitting behind the kid with her hands clamped on either side of the kid's head. Must have been a fun ride for both of them.

• Parent is afraid that the ride will scare them and turn them into a basket case for the rest of the trip.

Another story but now we are in CoP. Their were only two or three groups in the theater and there was a family with a 10 or so year old girl. The girl was all fidgety and climbing all over her mother like see needed to be held like a baby. The mother was a little frustrated and told the DD "Look there are no seat belts." They were right next to me so I looked to see what the commotion was and the mother then told me that they had ridden something that day that freaked out the DD so seat belts meant scary ride.

• Parent doesn't want to ride so kid doesn't get to ride.

• Parent doesn't want to wait in line and doesn't know about FP.
Old 09-11-2012, 09:09 AM   #103
pampam
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRDISNEYMD View Post
~"There are no rides."

~I don't have $12,000 dollars to spend at Disney."
I believe this could be true. I think they are all called attractions.
pampam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 09:23 AM   #104
debdebdebby13
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by cindyfan View Post
These are so funny!!!!

I tried to explain that they were at Magic Kingdom and must have had to "pay" the additional fee to change their ticket into a "hopper". But she just didnt' get it.

They she went on to say she was disappointed because she thought there was a "Harry Potter" ride..... but "according to her"..... it just hasn't been built yet!! So they had to wait in line for an hour and half to get on a Buzz Lightyear ride.

Then she said that they didn't go to the "Animal Park" because they didn't want to pay any more because the Disneyland 4 day tickets cost so much.

I just gave up trying to explain it to her!
Bolded could technically be true, couldn't it. I mean, isn't there a shuttle that comes to the Disney Resorts and takes people to US and you have to pay to ride, right?
October 2012- POP with free dining
debdebdebby13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 09:25 AM   #105
mskateb
Earning My Ears

My SIL once commented about how we spoil my daughter by taking her to Disney all the time. I said, "We went to Disney (and other theme parks) all the time BEFORE she was born. Why in the world would we stop going because we had children?"
mskateb is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: