Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-09-2012, 09:28 PM   #61
Cinderella1122
DVC member since 2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by FantasiaMagic View Post
Yes. It's just hard to understand others sometimes. Every time any of us goes back to the world, we see or do something different then the last time we were there! This year I was in the world twice and many people were saying they couldn't believe I went twice!

If only they knew........ pixie dust:
I have the same issue. My friends and family don't understand that I plan my trips to not visit every park each time and I spend more time exploring resort and that's how I can visit DIsney so often.

June 2014 - All Star Music
December 2014 - Saratoga Springs
June 2015 - All Star Music
December 2015 - Bay Lake Tower
Cinderella1122 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 09:43 PM   #62
Elmo9607
DIS Veteran

My poor dbf asked me when he was visiting me on my CP if the castle could be lowered into the ground in the case of a hurricane or something! Apparently he had been told that by somebody and wanted to know if it was really true.

College Program at Cosmic Ray's January 2011-May 2011
Elmo9607 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-09-2012, 09:50 PM   #63
WaDiWo
WDWFan!

I overheard 3 coworkers try to correct each other about disney, and they were all wrong! Something like this, no joke:

Coworker 1: "i just got back from florida, disneyLAND was great!"

Coworker 2: "i think you mean disney WORLD. I mean, disney world is the SAME thing as disneyland, but it has THREE theme parks!"

Coworker 3: "yeah, disney world has HARRY POTTER LAND."

You just can't make this up. I didn't have it in me to join the conversation, I had too much to do that day. Lol.

My blog: I achieved my goal January 12, 2014! see how I did it: Couch to Goofy Marathon and a Half Challenge!
Hear my interview about achieving this goal on the Runner Academy Everyday Runners podcast.
My Castaway Cay 5k trip report HERE
Packing for a Disney Trip or Cruise? Check out my free ultimate packing (and to-do) list here.
WaDiWo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 09:53 PM   #64
Bagheera23608
Bagheera23608

Quote:
Originally Posted by smidgy View Post
well, they aren't an issue at all in the parks. If, however, you spend a lot of time at the pools, they can be.. they don't bite ot anything, but they are extrememly annoying, laning on you constantly, they are attracted to the white towels, etc. it you like to lounge by the pool , relaxng, reading (as we do) they can be annoying. and our balcony at AKL, we had to sweep it daily. (but we still like sept!!!)
I totally understand!! They can be annoying, but there are people who are scared of them!! I don't know if it's cuz I grew up with them or what, but to me it's like being scared of a kitten, lol. Annoying and gross, maybe. Scary - no. Planning around love bugs.....smh. And good point - don't wear white in love bug season!
Bagheera23608 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 10:02 PM   #65
JeanfromBNA
"Just keep swimming, swimming, swimming!"

"We're going to Disney. We know someone who knows someone who works at Disney and can get us free tickets, discounted rooms, and into all the best shows. We don't need reservations."

I realize that Disney offers some bennies to employees, but what chutzpah to call someone you don't know and ask for their allotment.

1995 Disney Institute Treehouses 2005 Wilderness Lodge 2007 Yacht Club 2008 Coronado Springs 2008 Beach Club 2009 Grand Floridian 2009 Disney Wonder
2009 Disney Wonder 2009 Polynesian Resort 2011 Coronado Springs 2011 Portofino Bay Hotel UO 2012 Old Key West October, 2012, Proud new DVC AKL Kidani owners!May, 2013 Disney DreamSeptember, 2013 AulaniMarch, 2014 BWV October, 2014 AKV
JeanfromBNA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 10:03 PM   #66
Laurali
Mouseketeer

Ha this thread is hilarious! I will keep my ears open at the Parks tomorrow!

Laurali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 10:14 PM   #67
wehavesix
Yes, I really have 6 kids
Yes, I'm crazy but in a good way
One minute I was walking along and the next I was falling

During our last trip, my son was in guest services at MK upgrading tickets. It was raining that day but by no means was it storming. A man came in asking for a voucher because of the rain. The CM told him she couldn't give him a voucher because the parks were all open and he was free to enjoy them even in the rain. I've always heard that there are people who expect Disney to control the weather. I guess this guy wasn't quite that bad but it was still pretty funny that he expected compensation.

I have a friend who is sure that wheelchairs = front of the line. I don't even bother arguing. She and her mom are taking her 3 year old in a couple of months. She's concerned that her mom, who has some health issues, will have trouble being on her feet all day. I encouraged her to consider renting a scooter if her mom needs one. I wonder if she will come back singing a different tune about the front of the line thing?
Old 09-09-2012, 10:25 PM   #68
FantasiaMagic
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaDiWo View Post
I overheard 3 coworkers try to correct each other about disney, and they were all wrong! Something like this, no joke:

Coworker 1: "i just got back from florida, disneyLAND was great!"

Coworker 2: "i think you mean disney WORLD. I mean, disney world is the SAME thing as disneyland, but it has THREE theme parks!"

Coworker 3: "yeah, disney world has HARRY POTTER LAND."

You just can't make this up. I didn't have it in me to join the conversation, I had too much to do that day. Lol.
LOL!!! LOVE this one!!! And I hear the disneyLAND thing all of the time from others. That I can understand a little bit more then harry potter lol - but obviously they are no where near the same thing!

AKV Kidani August 2012 TR: http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2975354
FantasiaMagic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 10:51 PM   #69
zanzibar138
DIS Veteran

In Australia, people (generally) don't really know about WDW, they think Disney World and Disneyland are the same thing!

I don't judge because we're so far away and there's really no way for people to know unless they're specifically researching for a trip, but it's still funny for me to hear

And LOTS of people think there's no point going without kids. Before our first trip to DLR basically everyone we told asked us why we didn't just wait until we had kids.

TRIPS TAKEN
March 2011 DLR Engagement (HoJo & Peacock Suites) TR - March 2012 HKDL Honeymoon (HKDL Hotel) TR - Feb 2013 DLP (Hotel l'Elysee) & HKDL (Hollywood Hotel) TR

TRIPS IN PLANNING
Aug/Sep 2014 DLR Half Marathon Weekend (DI&S & Portofino) PTR - 2015 Shanghai Disneyland Opening Day PTR
zanzibar138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 06:55 AM   #70
sephorachick
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by thumbalyna View Post
The comment i hear the most is i don't understand why you go there every year. This year is i can't believe you are going twice. I dont understand why its an issue most people i know go to the same beach every year and stay at the same hotel. I just am not a beach person im a Disney person
OMG! My friends say this to me all the time & they say it is only for kids?!

Me: Husband: Pacey Minnie Vicky Ginger

Check out my Disney blog!
www.yohoyohobloggerslifeforme.blogspot.com
Today's entry is on Boma's Banana Bread recipe & review!

Facebook page for my Disney blog! Please "LIKE"
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Yohoyo...99050306822131
sephorachick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 07:01 AM   #71
sephorachick
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by juliebug1997 View Post
"They're adults. I don't know why they're in a character line."
OMG! this! My hubby told me he never stood in line for characters until he met me LOL

Me: Husband: Pacey Minnie Vicky Ginger

Check out my Disney blog!
www.yohoyohobloggerslifeforme.blogspot.com
Today's entry is on Boma's Banana Bread recipe & review!

Facebook page for my Disney blog! Please "LIKE"
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Yohoyo...99050306822131
sephorachick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 07:04 AM   #72
momof2gr8kids
DIS Veteran

"We were there for two days. Oh yeah, we saw everything. Oh yeah, we did everything. You should buy those passes so you don't have to wait in line." ..........

or

"I know someone who paid $125 for a room at the Contemporary and that included Free Dining"

Dec 2010 Pop Century
Feb 2013 POR Riverside
momof2gr8kids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 08:21 AM   #73
EagleFlyer
Mouseketeer

I've never been to WDW but I'm been spending a lot of time planning our trip for this fall. I have a friend that just got back from a week long trip with her kids. I asked her if she had any tips. She said I would only need 1/2 a day in Epcot because there's nothing to do there but eat and shop, especially in World Showcase. She had no idea that there were rides in Mexico and Norway and movies in a few other countries. She also didn't know that there was a ride inside the Epcot ball.

I guess that's what happens when you let your travel agent do all the research and planning for you.

EagleFlyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 08:41 AM   #74
ValiantHeart
Mouseketeer

So I went for the first time this past summer, and I was 17 at the time. I got "I don't know why she's in a character line, she's too old!" so many times, you would not believe!

Granted, it was at the first part of June, but why should that mean I can't be a little kid on my first WDW trip?
ValiantHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 09:33 AM   #75
jtowntoflorida
Looking Like I Can't Really Afford To Go To Disney Since 2012!

Quote:
Originally Posted by EagleFlyer View Post
I've never been to WDW but I'm been spending a lot of time planning our trip for this fall. I have a friend that just got back from a week long trip with her kids. I asked her if she had any tips. She said I would only need 1/2 a day in Epcot because there's nothing to do there but eat and shop, especially in World Showcase. She had no idea that there were rides in Mexico and Norway and movies in a few other countries. She also didn't know that there was a ride inside the Epcot ball.
This totally reminded me...my ILs are now snowbirds and they have a friend who has a friend who works for Disney, so they actually do get into the parks for free. My MIL has always said that EPCOT is their favorite park. When we went on our trip last year, our daughter loved Soarin' and we were able to ride it 4 times during our EPCOT day. When we got home, I called the ILs and told them how much our daughter loved Soarin.' Yeah, they had no clue, none, that there was anything to EPCOT other than the WS. They didn't know EPCOT had any rides. They said that they thought that all you did at EPCOT was eat and drink. Then she tried the excuse of, "Well, we get in for free so we don't get any ride tickets" and I explained to her that you don't need ride tickets to ride rides at Disney.

The next time they went, they did try checking out other parts of EPCOT. They couldn't find Soarin', but finally did Spaceship Earth for the first time ever.
jtowntoflorida is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: