Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-07-2013, 01:56 PM   #556
jnoble82
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeyluv'r View Post
It might have been me you overheard. (except I wasn't there in that time frame)

I've been on TSM several times where the standby line was very short. I can't say it is often 'walk-on,' but the wait does go to 15 min.

Everyone assumes the standby will be long, and gets a fp. So yes, fp, requests run high...but that doesn't mean guests can't ride TSM standby.

Then again, every time I post this, I get blasted by folks claiming the standby line is always long. It isn't. I'm not saying it was short the day/time of day you were there. It does get long waits, but it isn't impossible to ride it standby.
I'm sure there are times it is short, especially beginning and end of the day or right after its back up after shut down. I figure people aren't going to go out of their way to lie/exaggerate about that stuff. :P And short is relative, depending on the ride. I would've jumped in line if it was less than an hour. This day it was only below 100 minutes that like...first 20 minutes and probably near the end of the day but we left at 4 because we were just done with the park. By the time we got there it was (supposedly) 55 minutes already. I wanted to wait in the line but my mom didn't want to do it since we had fastpasses so we moved on to...something else. This is my plan next year (if reg. fp is still around *crosses fingers*). Grab a fastpass then jump into the short line. I say supposedly because we got into the Star Tours line when it said 20 and it was like 4 minutes before we were seated. At 4 is was almost 2 hours (we kept checking to see if it was below an hour). Maybe to him 2 hours wasn't so bad? Maybe they waited in a longer one so 2 hours was easy? I don't know lol. It was more his tone which sounded more like "oh no one goes on toy story we'll get right on!" His wife, who I saw was looking at a line app, looked less than agreeable :P
Old 01-07-2013, 02:45 PM   #557
marthachick
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeyluv'r

Um, maybe because it is spelled "Akershus"?
My question is, how is this pronounced?

Offsite May 1984
Offsite January 1990
All Star Sports October 2005
POP Century December 2013
marthachick is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-07-2013, 03:17 PM   #558
NJRRK
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by marthachick

My question is, how is this pronounced?
Trying to remember my Norwegian here (it's been a while):

Ah - ker - hoose (like goose, only with an h).

4/76 - offsite, 4/77 - CR, 4/78 - CR, 4/79 - FW Trailer, 5/80 - CR, 5/82 - Disney Inn, 12/82 - FW Trailer, 5/83 - DL California, 12/83 - CR, 9/84 - CR, 1/85 - CR, 3/88 - Disney Village suites (later Disney Institute, where SSR is now), 8/96 - DxL (POR), 8/07 - CR, 10/08 - CR Atrium
NJRRK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 10:40 AM   #559
Turn the Page
DIS Veteran

A few years ago my ex in laws made their second trip to Disney World. I was shocked they went there because my ex MIL doesn't like people and hates traveling. When they got back I asked them which rides they went on and my ex FIL informed me that they didn't really go on any rides they went for the shopping.

Not that I don't enjoy shopping in Disney World, because I do, but I'm also a Disney nut and would love nothing more than to have every other item in my home be Disney themed but these people do not like Disney themed stuff. And even if you are like me and love Disney themed everything why would you travel all the way to Disney World just to go shopping? That's what disneystore.com is for. I can see going somewhere like New York or Paris to go shopping but Disney World?

I just don't get it but then again I have never understood those psychopaths.
Turn the Page is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: