Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-23-2012, 06:56 PM   #331
andyman8
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katems View Post
"Someone posted on one of these kinds of threads that she heard someone say as they were leaving how nice it was for Disney to hire so many older gentlemen to work in HOP."

I am wracking my brain and for the life of me I canNOT figure out what HOP is!! Help!
The Hall of Presidents (HoP) at Magic Kingdom.
Walt Disney World Resort: June 2014 (GF), March 2014 (Day-Trip), January 2014 (Pop[/COLOR], AoA, & Half-Marathon), November 2013 (YC & W&D Half-Marathon), October 2013 (GF), June 2013 (Polynesian), January 2013 (POR & Half-Marathon) December 2012 (Rosen Shingle Creek), July 2012 (GF), June 2011 (CR), March 2011 (Day-Trip), July 2004 (GF), April 2004 (FW), December 2003 (DoubleTree & MVMCP), October 2003 (DoubleTree & MNSSHP), August 2003 (DoubleTree), June 2003 (WL), February 2003 (Embassy Suites) January 2003 (DoubleTree), September 2002 (AKL), July 2002 (DoubleTree), March 2002 (DoubleTree), January 2002 (CR), November 2001 (DoubleTree), May 2001 (DoubleTree), February 2001 (DoubleTree), January 2001 (DoubleTree), April 2000 (DoubleTree), February 1998 (Quality Inn & Suites)

Universal Orlando Resort: October 2012 (RPR), September 2011 (HRH), July 2010 (RPR), March 2010 (RPR), February 2010 (Day-Trip), September 2009 (HRH), January 2008 (HRH), June 2006 (PBH)

Disneyland Resort: August 2012 (Day-Trip), August 2009 (Day-Trip)

Upcoming: Disneyland July 2014 (GCH), Walt Disney World October 2013 (Dolphin & ToT 10-Miler)

Member of the PeopleMover Appreciation Society, Official MyMagic+ Info & FAQ Thread, and Printable Theme Park Maps
andyman8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 07:12 PM   #332
cindyfan
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvthemouse71 View Post
10 years in healthcare has taught me that you can't fix stupid.

I always tell people the same thing.... but for me it's 20 years in retail ......
Can't fix Stupid!!!!!
Thats for sure!!!!
Register to remove

Old 09-23-2012, 07:26 PM   #333
kddisney502
P: What's the problem with Goofy?
L: Wish I knew, he's fine with Pluto.

I'm sure this has been said before in this long thread... "Disney is only for kids". We'll we must be really big kids

Also, I've heard the "you have to buy fastpasses" thing over and over. I was talking to one guy at work (who has been months before) about how fastpasses were great and we skipped most lines. His officemate just wouldn't listen when both of us kept saying they were free. And then of course then he tried to start a conversation about why disney "should" charge for fastpasses and that they are "losing out" on extra revenue.

The HOP stories are great. Before we saw Lincoln at DL, my DH didn't believe me that the animatronics were impressive. We had been to wdw before, but he had never been to HOP. He was so impressed with Lincoln that he said we MUST go see HOP at next trip. He still loves Lincoln better than HOP. But that momment was priceless

Last edited by kddisney502; 09-23-2012 at 08:14 PM.
kddisney502 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 07:39 PM   #334
jenjie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katems
"Someone posted on one of these kinds of threads that she heard someone say as they were leaving how nice it was for Disney to hire so many older gentlemen to work in HOP."

I am wracking my brain and for the life of me I canNOT figure out what HOP is!! Help!
Hall of presidents
October 1996 ~ March 2003 ~ August 2012
jenjie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 09:30 PM   #335
Luckymomoftwo
DIS Veteran

Ok, my story has to do with a co-worker who always had to have a bigger and better story than anyone else. We were going on a Disney Cruise. It was probably our third or fourth Disney Cruise. One of our ports of call was Nassau. This co-worker told us her friend owned the only air conditioning company at Nassau. So, DH and I got off the ship at Nassau and went straight to a jewelry store and asked for a phone book. Imagine my surprise when there were THREE pages advertising air conditioning companies.

DH and I have been going to WDW about once a year since 1993. We know a whole lot about all things Disney, but I'm sure not going to try to convince anyone that I know EVERYTHING! It cracks me up that first time guests act like they know it all. Sometimes I feel sorry for people who won't take a "veteran's" advice. Only because I know how much better their experience can be AND they can get more out of their money with some time saving strategies. Oh well...to each their own.

And my DMiL was finally convinced after her third time at WDW that Animal Kingdom, EPCOT, and Hollywood Studios were also Disney World. The first two trips she kept asking when we were going back to Disney World. She was referring to Magic Kingdom. She was so confused that the other parks were also called Disney World. I'm so glad she finally learned!

Luckymomoftwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 02:46 AM   #336
pampam
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katems View Post

It's funny that you posted this. When I first read the post pertaining to it, I was think IHOP. I wondered if they thought Disney owned IHOP and these older cm's were flipping pancakes. Of course, a moment later, I realized it was Hall of Presidents, but for a moment I was confused.
pampam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 10:14 AM   #337
PrincessSamanthaC
Mouseketeer

While asking about my recent trip a relative said, "Yeah I like Epcot better than Disney World" LOL

Nov 05' ASM, Nov 07' PC, Oct 09' CS, Nov 10' AKL Oct 11' BC, Aug 12' BC Aug 13' BC, Aug 14' GF
PrincessSamanthaC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 12:40 PM   #338
threeboysmom
I REALLY AM a Princess!!!
Hands off the crown! It's not for trade :)

Funniest thing I ever heard at WDW was at the Magic Kingdom.

I was sitting outside Space Mountain next to another woman. Her DH and son get off the ride and come running over to her. DH says "It's not what we thought - it goes really slow. Not scary at all. You have to try it!" After more prodding & convincing that it's really not a thrill ride at all, she decides to give it a try. Off she goes with her son.

The DH turns to me with a smirk on this face and says, "She is going to DIE!"

Books Read: #1 My Year with Eleanor, #2 Trust Your Eyes, #3 Doctor Sleep, #4 Can Man Live Without God, #5 Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, #6 The Woods, #7 When She Woke, #8 The Glass Castle, #9 The Rosie Project, #10 The Husband's Secret, #11 The Cuckoo's Calling, #12 Six Years, #13 Her Mother's Hope, #14 Perfect People, #15 The Last Original Wife,#16 Star Island, #17 Pursuit of Peace, #18 Room, #19 Innocence #20 New Year Island, #21 Me Before You, #22 Unbroken, #23 You Don't Want to Know, #24 Her Daughter's Dream, #25 The Leisure Seeker, #26 Rainshadow Road, #27 The Art of Hearing Heartbeats,#28 Little Bee,#29 The Art Forger, #30 One Plus One, #31 Double Whammy

Currently reading: #32 The Girl You Left Behind

threeboysmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 02:59 PM   #339
Lilliputian
DIS Veteran

My MIL, who has been there, says that the animals at AK on the Safari aren't really there. They're real animals, but you're not really looking at them. They have a complicated set of mirrors to make it look like they're really there, but they would eat you if they were really there. She says she saw a program about it on TV and has a very long, convoluted explanation about it.
Lilliputian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 03:10 PM   #340
minnie mum
Unapologetic Disney Fan(atic)

Ah, yes, the old 'smoke and mirrors' theory. Because it's no problem at all keeping those mirrors dust free and not reflecting sunlight.....
minnie mum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 07:53 PM   #341
Iwant2BAprincess
DIS Veteran

Walking thru MK yesterday I heard som guy say "I wonder what they are building back there with those crains?". Apparently his full time residence is under a rock
Old 09-24-2012, 08:02 PM   #342
lovedisney89
Earning My Ears

Yes they are!! Haha

lovedisney89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 08:04 PM   #343
Scrooge Jr
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by kristainohio View Post
I seriously had a friend/coworker argue with me for about 20 minutes that alcohol is served at MK. When I tried to nicely explain that it has never been served there, she got more and more belligerent even telling me that "her brother bought a beer across the street from its a small world" when they were there last month. I finally had to drop it since she was getting so irate. She's a person who can never be wrong!
I saw Champagne served in Magic Kingdom inside Cinderella Castle, a couple got engaged in November 2011.
Old 09-25-2012, 09:31 AM   #344
BiancaBernard&Penny
Returning to "Earning My Ears" after all these years

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilliputian
My MIL, who has been there, says that the animals at AK on the Safari aren't really there. They're real animals, but you're not really looking at them. They have a complicated set of mirrors to make it look like they're really there, but they would eat you if they were really there. She says she saw a program about it on TV and has a very long, convoluted explanation about it.
The giraffe is going to eat me?? Wonder why they bother separating the mirrors with those hidden fences?

CBR- Sept 1997
CBR- Sept 17-24, 2001
CSR- May 13-20, 2008 ptr- http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2166836

Debating on a trip this year with 4 year old "Penny" and a 12 year old, too!
BiancaBernard&Penny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 09:38 AM   #345
PhoenixStrength
Waiting for my fairytale!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilliputian View Post
The 2 White Rhinos that were LEANING on our ride vehicle in February beg to differ!

Heat, humidity and a great Mother/Daughter trip! A May TR

PhoenixStrength is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: