Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-22-2012, 05:52 PM   #316
Squidgyness
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenjie

Well last time we went to WDW the only ADR we made was CRT breakfast. if we were hungry and came upon a restaurant, we would put our names in at the podium and not have too long of a wait. One time we walked up to LTT and got in right away. We needed something quick and close by because my dad was feeling funny. it wasn't until we were already seated that we realized it was a character meal.

DH excepted it to be no different this time, even though our last visit was 10 years ago. He didn't understand why I felt the need to plan for every dinner.
Hmm. I suppose many years ago that might have been the case, but I'd have been pleased as punch to do that. Today, with free dining being advertised heavily (especially in the uk) I assumed people knew not to expect walk in times to be there. Hope, fine but to expect to be able to do it, seems risky to me. I guess it varies. i just know that my fave local formal resteraunt is pretty much fully booked 2 weeks in advance, and that gets a lot less traffic than WDW :P

Other Trips :
France/Belgium 2007, London 2008 and 2009, Malta 2011.

NEXT TRIP: Malta July 2015! (7 days)

Last edited by Squidgyness; 09-22-2012 at 05:58 PM.
Squidgyness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 06:07 PM   #317
jenjie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squidgyness

Hmm. I suppose many years ago that might have been the case, but I'd have been pleased as punch to do that. Today, with free dining being advertised heavily (especially in the uk) I assumed people knew not to expect walk in times to be there. Hope, fine but to expect to be able to do it, seems risky to me. I guess it varies. i just know that my fave local formal resteraunt is pretty much fully booked 2 weeks in advance, and that gets a lot less traffic than WDW :P
Well I know that and you know that thankfully when it was all said and done , he appreciated my efforts.
October 1996 ~ March 2003 ~ August 2012
jenjie is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-22-2012, 06:27 PM   #318
scroot
Mouseketeer

A friend told me after seeing "Great Momenets with Mr. Lincoln" at DL, "It was really good but the guy playing Lincoln was a bit stiff." After I explained the animatronic truth he refused to believe me.
scroot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 06:36 PM   #319
chartle
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by scroot View Post
A friend told me after seeing "Great Momenets with Mr. Lincoln" at DL, "It was really good but the guy playing Lincoln was a bit stiff." After I explained the animatronic truth he refused to believe me.
Someone posted on one of these kinds of threads that she heard someone say as they were leaving how nice it was for Disney to hire so many older gentlemen to work in HOP.
Old 09-22-2012, 09:32 PM   #320
dnsmills
Disney Obsessed

Quote:
Originally Posted by chartle

Someone posted on one of these kinds of threads that she heard someone say as they were leaving how nice it was for Disney to hire so many older gentlemen to work in HOP.
A robot's gotta work too, don't he?
Art of Animation - Dec 2012
Disneyland - October 2014
Art of Animation - Dec 2015

dnsmills is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 10:44 PM   #321
jvptravels
Mouseketeer

Some of the dumbest question I've ever heard/read are about 90% of the questions asked on these boards.
jvptravels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 10:51 PM   #322
iheartmickey1111
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jvptravels View Post
Some of the dumbest question I've ever heard/read are about 90% of the questions asked on these boards.
But if people don't ask, how are they ever supposed to learn?

It's better that people on here are doing their research rather than showing up to the parks without a clue.

*1997- Disneyland*5/2009-Late Honeymoon at AKL (Army ruined our first one)*10/2011- Pop for the MK 40th Anniversary Celebration, MNSSHP, first SOLO trip!*4/2012- Coronado Springs*9/2012-Pop, MNSSHP, Wild Africa Trek, Haunted 5k Run
iheartmickey1111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 12:00 AM   #323
minnie mum
Unapologetic Disney Fan(atic)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jvptravels View Post
The thing is, these people are smart enough to know that they need information. And they are smart enough to ask questions in the right places (like here).

Some of the dumbest comments I've read on these boards are the one's commenting on the intelligence of other posters.
minnie mum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 12:07 AM   #324
dnsmills
Disney Obsessed

Quote:
Originally Posted by minnie mum

The thing is, these people are smart enough to know that they need information. And they are smart enough to ask questions in the right places (like here).

Some of the dumbest comments I've read on these boards are the one's commenting on the intelligence of other posters.
*like*
Art of Animation - Dec 2012
Disneyland - October 2014
Art of Animation - Dec 2015

dnsmills is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 01:45 AM   #325
RedfromNL
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squidgyness View Post
The thing is, these aren't just research problems. On all our trips we did Little to no research and planning, but we still had a great time even if we didn't do everything we could have. Many of these problems are also due to, and exacerbated by, expectations and lack of common sense.

Use a map. Ask for help. Don't be naive and expect to get into resteraunts at a really busy theme park with no wait or reservations, especially ones with a Disney character in their name. These things are common sense, or at least they are to me. A lot of people don't know anything on their first trip (we didn't) but common sense ensures some have a better time than others. Plus the state of mind people have plays a huge role. Pride + entitlement (I'm always right, I want to eat there therefore you should make room for me as opposed to oh well, I should have made a reservation, lets find somewhere else, for example...) + crankiness + lack of common sense is far more deadly than lack of research IMO.

I suspect that no matter where some of these people go they will encounter problems due far more to the above factors than lack of specific research. Can you imagine some of the more stubborn, I'm always right, I won't ask for advice or take it, people in a huge city? These are the types of people who go down one way streets, because no that sign must be wrong because I say so etc etc. :P
There is absolutely nothing common about common sense!!
RedfromNL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 01:27 PM   #326
PhoenixStrength
Waiting for my fairytale!

Quote:
Originally Posted by minnie mum View Post

This, so much!

Heat, humidity and a great Mother/Daughter trip! A May TR
Alien Encounter gave me PTSD!! A Dec '14 PTR

PhoenixStrength is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 01:42 PM   #327
luvthemouse71
Cries like a baby at Illuminations..

Quote:
Originally Posted by ammag View Post
so when you pass by people and they say snarky things about affording fast passes do you correct them? what do they do? This seems to be a common thing isnt it well marked that the passes are free? I think i might have to say "they are free!" and keep walking. the not a zoo thing was so funny! besides whats wrong with a zoo? id still go!
You learn to enjoy the fact that they are PO'd. I used to try to tell people in line that the FPs are free, but they were nasty, so I stopped.

10 years in healthcare has taught me that you can't fix stupid.
Old 09-23-2012, 06:40 PM   #328
goin' again!
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedfromNL View Post
There is absolutely nothing common about common sense!!
You are so right!

goin' again! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 06:53 PM   #329
Katems
Mouseketeer

"Someone posted on one of these kinds of threads that she heard someone say as they were leaving how nice it was for Disney to hire so many older gentlemen to work in HOP."

I am wracking my brain and for the life of me I canNOT figure out what HOP is!! Help!
Katems is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 06:55 PM   #330
PhoenixStrength
Waiting for my fairytale!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katems View Post
"Someone posted on one of these kinds of threads that she heard someone say as they were leaving how nice it was for Disney to hire so many older gentlemen to work in HOP."

I am wracking my brain and for the life of me I canNOT figure out what HOP is!! Help!
Hall of Presidents

Heat, humidity and a great Mother/Daughter trip! A May TR
Alien Encounter gave me PTSD!! A Dec '14 PTR

PhoenixStrength is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: