Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-20-2012, 06:30 PM   #271
Jubilee
<3 my kids

Quote:
Originally Posted by herewego1 View Post
When I told my BIL he really didn't need a rental car while staying on Disney property, he angrily told me he wanted to do the safari at Animal Kingdom, and how would he "be able to drive through it if he didn't have a car?"
It's easy to get angry at unknowing tourists at Disney about diff. things but you really have to remember a lot of people will fork over the money but not do the research and they really don't know where they're going/what they're doing when they get there
Old 09-20-2012, 07:01 PM   #272
Jessij25
Earning My Ears

The silliest comment made to me was by my DH. He stated 'I don't know why you are so addicted to that app and website!' He is talking about this website and app!! I told him y'all are my planning team plus true Disney Fans like myself!!!

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards
Off site- 1989 & 2000
Jessij25 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-20-2012, 10:14 PM   #273
Alice's Mommy
Mouseketeer

I'm related to two of the worst offenders!

My mother took my sisters and I to WDW twice as kids. I was 6 the first time and there was only one park. 20 the second time and there were only three parks. She recently came to Florida to visit us and we ended up at the MK one of the days of her visit.

1. She insisted that the Hall of Presidents hadn't really changed all that much since the last time she saw it. (It's been 18 years since I was 20. That's 4 elections!!!)

2. When I offered to bring lunch with us into the park she insisted that it would just be easier and cheaper to eat at the park. "We can get waited on" She didn't believe me when I said that if we ate in the park it'd be strictly counter service.

3. She insisted that the Haunted Mansion ride was just as she remembered it even though that attic scene wasn't there when I was a kid!

If that's not bad enough...I'm married to another person who spouts untruths! he currently works on Disney property but not at a Disney facility. It's a place used by Disney employees but he is not paid by Disney. He still insists to everyone that he works for Disney. His recent untruths?

1. That he was turned away from the Boardwalk because he wasn't a guest. He insists that a security officer was carding people so he just turned and walked away.

2. That ALL rides have Fast pass and that we just got all of ours in the morning to make our day easier when we were on vacation.

3. That we "winged" our family vacation because we got the QS dining plan. (I was particularly offended by this untruth! I spent countless hours researching, planning, and stressing pre-trip so that it would be fun. I chose QS so we weren't locked into an ADR with two small kids but man alive there was no "winging" taking place!!!)
May 2001- Girls trip to Magic Kingdom (off property)
May/June 2011- First Familu Vacation (as Mom) Pop Century
April 2012- Moved to Kissimmee, FL
August 2012- Trip to Magic Kingdom with my Mom and kids
September 2012- Bought my Florida Resident Disney Annual Pass

Walking through the courtyard at Pop Century my 6 year old turned to me and said, "Do you know what my favorite part of this vacation is Momma? This one right now!" Now who wouldn't cry at that???
Alice's Mommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 10:28 PM   #274
marthachick
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alice's Mommy View Post
3. That we "winged" our family vacation because we got the QS dining plan. (I was particularly offended by this untruth! I spent countless hours researching, planning, and stressing pre-trip so that it would be fun. I chose QS so we weren't locked into an ADR with two small kids but man alive there was no "winging" taking place!!!)
You didn't wing it but he did!

Offsite May 1984
Offsite January 1990
All Star Sports October 2005
POP Century December 2013
marthachick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 07:19 AM   #275
pampam
DIS Veteran

Quote:
My mother took my sisters and I to WDW twice as kids. I was 6 the first time and there was only one park. 20 the second time and there were only three parks. She recently came to Florida to visit us and we ended up at the MK one of the days of her visit.

1. She insisted that the Hall of Presidents hadn't really changed all that much since the last time she saw it. (It's been 18 years since I was 20. That's 4 elections!!!)

2. When I offered to bring lunch with us into the park she insisted that it would just be easier and cheaper to eat at the park. "We can get waited on" She didn't believe me when I said that if we ate in the park it'd be strictly counter service.

3. She insisted that the Haunted Mansion ride was just as she remembered it even though that attic scene wasn't there when I was a kid!

If that's not bad enough...I'm married to another person who spouts untruths! he currently works on Disney property but not at a Disney facility. It's a place used by Disney employees but he is not paid by Disney. He still insists to everyone that he works for Disney. His recent untruths?

1. That he was turned away from the Boardwalk because he wasn't a guest. He insists that a security officer was carding people so he just turned and walked away.

2. That ALL rides have Fast pass and that we just got all of ours in the morning to make our day easier when we were on vacation.

Strange. I was sure I remembered it from our first trip in 1977. But we've been so many times I could be confused. When did they add it?
pampam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 07:56 AM   #276
TDC Nala
1937, what a year that was
Diet Coke on Ice or Else
I apparently don't do anything they want to stimulate

DISboards Moderator

"Disney is for kids" is my favorite.

Whether it's used by someone at home who doesn't understand why I'd go there without kids, or by someone actually at a Disney park who wants to cut in front of me at a parade or show because they have kids and I don't.

("Do you mind if my kids stand where they can see?" is fine - "You have to move, Disney is for kids" is not.)
Old 09-21-2012, 08:10 AM   #277
chartle
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Wonder if he was trying to go through the Storm Along Bay area?

Last time there we were headed to Beaches and Cream and I figured the quickest or even only way from where we were was through the pool area. As we walked my DW stopped me and said we can't go through there. I knew the CM was there just to check KTTW cards and give out wrist bands so I walked up and asked that CM the quickest way to B&C and she sent us down the path through the pool.

ETA: Oops messed up SAB is not at the Boardwalk.

Last edited by chartle; 09-21-2012 at 08:40 AM.
chartle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 08:20 AM   #278
TDC Nala
1937, what a year that was
Diet Coke on Ice or Else
I apparently don't do anything they want to stimulate

DISboards Moderator

Stormalong Bay isn't at Boardwalk...unless the PP's husband was mistaking Beach Club for Boardwalk.

Since he didn't stick around long enough to find out exactly what the security officer was doing, maybe it was a misinterpretation on his part.
Old 09-21-2012, 08:38 AM   #279
chartle
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TDC Nala View Post
Stormalong Bay isn't at Boardwalk...unless the PP's husband was mistaking Beach Club for Boardwalk.

Since he didn't stick around long enough to find out exactly what the security officer was doing, maybe it was a misinterpretation on his part.
Opps I always get those Epcot resorts messed up. I'll check the map next time.
Old 09-21-2012, 08:52 AM   #280
pumpkinpatchquilter
Mouseketeer

Quote:

SO GLAD IT'S NOT JUST ME!!! We haven't gone yet, our first trip is coming up in a few days (eep!!!) but my Husband has insisted on not knowing ANYTHING because he wants it all to be a surprise. Um. NO. I am not the kind of person who can just show up and not know anything and THANK GOODNESS for that! We would have wasted so much money and time had I not found this site! My Hubbers STILL doesn't seem to grasp how much time and energy I've put into our trip...but I couldn't sleep at night not knowing where we were going or how to get there or how much things cost! Oh and he tells people the craziest stuff! Oh heavens! A good man he is, wonderful and caring and thoughtful...but he's in for a big surprise when we get to Disney!
Old 09-21-2012, 09:07 AM   #281
chartle
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by pumpkinpatchquilter View Post
SO GLAD IT'S NOT JUST ME!!! We haven't gone yet, our first trip is coming up in a few days (eep!!!) but my Husband has insisted on not knowing ANYTHING because he wants it all to be a surprise. Um. NO. I am not the kind of person who can just show up and not know anything and THANK GOODNESS for that! We would have wasted so much money and time had I not found this site! My Hubbers STILL doesn't seem to grasp how much time and energy I've put into our trip...but I couldn't sleep at night not knowing where we were going or how to get there or how much things cost! Oh and he tells people the craziest stuff! Oh heavens! A good man he is, wonderful and caring and thoughtful...but he's in for a big surprise when we get to Disney!
As long as one of you gets it and the other one goes along you will be ok.
Old 09-21-2012, 09:16 AM   #282
Rylee
DIS Veteran

We were out to dinner with friends who were planning their very first WDW vacation. They were flying and staying on property at All Star Movies for 6 days. We were flying down 2 days later.

Friend - "Will the kids (ages 5, 6, 13 & 14) be able to see the rides from the hotel?"
Me - "No."
Friend - "Oh good. I just want to hang at the pool for a couple of days, so I'm going to tell the kids the parks are closed on those days. I wouldn't be able to say that if they could see the roller coasters going around."

Same dinner -

Friend - "Is there anywhere I can buy a couple cases of soda to keep in the hotel rooms?"
Me - "Well, you can get soda in the food court, but if you want that much, you could place an order and have it delivered or pick some up at the gas station on Disney property."
Friend's Husband - "Whoa, there's a gas station at WDW? How can that even be safe with cars driving around and all the kids running from ride to ride? Wow, that makes me nervous."
My DH - "I think we need to explain a few things... let's start at the beginning... "

Their first day in the parks, (MK) -

*RING RING*

Me - "Hello."
Friend's Husband - "Hey, it's me. We're in the MK but how do I know what rides the kids want to go on?"
Me - "Whadaya mean?"
Friend's Husband - "We looked through all the gift shops first and now we're near Monster Inc., Buzz and Stitch but all these things are inside buildings. When we go to amusement parks, we watch it go around a few times and decide if we want to ride it but we can't see these and we don't know what they are."

Later that same day -

*RING RING*

Friend's Husband - "Hey, it's me again. How do these FP's save any time if we just have to stand here and wait for our assigned time to get in line? We might as well just stand in the regular line if we have to wait anyway, right?"

We arrived the next day. The rest of the trip went smoothly (after going over the DP with them again... they were paying OOP because they didn't understand how to use it) and we had a great time.

They took us out to dinner a few weeks after our trip and treated us because they were so grateful to us for "showing them the ropes."

&

Last edited by Rylee; 09-21-2012 at 09:21 AM.
Rylee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 09:54 AM   #283
budafam
DIS Veteran

I just recently had someone tell me they have no interest in going there because they're just not into characters. ??? She has a 2 year old grandson who LOVES Cars and I'm sure would have a fantastic time but if grandma's not into "characters" then I guess the trip will not happen.
DxDP 12/3/13-12/10/13
Upcoming Trips: 10/25-10/31 BWV 10/31-11/3 DREAM

budafam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 10:35 AM   #284
minnie mum
Unapologetic Disney Fan(atic)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rylee View Post
Friend - "Oh good. I just want to hang at the pool for a couple of days, so I'm going to tell the kids the parks are closed on those days. I wouldn't be able to say that if they could see the roller coasters going around."

Friend's Husband - "Whoa, there's a gas station at WDW? How can that even be safe with cars driving around and all the kids running from ride to ride? Wow, that makes me nervous."
My DH - "I think we need to explain a few things... let's start at the beginning... "

Friend's Husband - "We looked through all the gift shops first and now we're near Monster Inc., Buzz and Stitch but all these things are inside buildings. When we go to amusement parks, we watch it go around a few times and decide if we want to ride it but we can't see these and we don't know what they are."

Friend's Husband - "Hey, it's me again. How do these FP's save any time if we just have to stand here and wait for our assigned time to get in line? We might as well just stand in the regular line if we have to wait anyway, right?"

The rest of the trip went smoothly (after going over the DP with them again... they were paying OOP because they didn't understand how to use it) and we had a great time.
Well, for those (few) folks that think that you don't need to do any research or planning before going on a WDW vacation........

Honestly, you don't know whether to laugh or cry when you see something like this. The mind boggles. Bless their hearts.
minnie mum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 11:26 AM   #285
Tltorrez
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by pumpkinpatchquilter

Don't worry - he'll get it. My husband's Aha moment came one night at Fantasmic. This was back when it was only shown a few nights a week. We spent a slow day day in Epcot then left, walked to DHS, stood in line for 90+ minutes. We ended up on top, dead center in handicapped seating, right behind the Chilean miners in VIP seating. We all loved the show. Then we exited and my husband stopped dead in his tracks -- he saw the line for the next show. As we walked back to Epcot for Illuminations, he just kept telling me how glad he was that I did all that work.
Tltorrez is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: