Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-12-2012, 04:44 PM   #136
AimeeMichele
Mouseketeer

Best that's ever been said to me "You make reservations 6 months before you go on vacation? What kind of vacation is that? When we go to Disney we just wing it." Yep, those same people don't like Disney because they always have such long waits for rides that they spend more time waiting in line then seeing/going on attractions and can never get into the castle "or any place good" to eat
Old 09-12-2012, 10:54 PM   #137
zanzibar138
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by pumpkinpatchquilter View Post
I'll tell you what the craziest things we've heard have been from our very own Travel Agent who's been before!!! She booked us the Cinderella breakfast at 1900 Park Fare and told us "all the princesses" would be there. She told us not to go to Cinderella's Royal Table - "it's not worth it and the characters won't spend any time with you". She also booked that one and said, "oh yeah you can just walk right out of the castle and hop onto your bus to go to the airport afterwards." Oh yes, and I had to press to book ADR's because she said it would be so slow in September we could make reservations that day. UM, ALL of the character meals are booked solid and have been for months, THANK goodness I made her book them months ago against her advice!!! Argh. SO many things were just plain wrong, UGH! We haven't even gone yet but are so excited we want to go again in two years...and I'M BOOKING THE WHOLE THING MYSELF! Lol*
And speaking of TAs...

When we booked flights for our first trip to DLR, the TA we spoke to (who had apparently been) said we would need to pay extra to get in at night 'to see the fireworks' I didn't bother to tell him I'd spent the last 5 years researching this trip and could tell him without a doubt that wasn't the case I gave him the benefit of the doubt in case he was there when there was a hard-ticketed event and was getting confused.

TRIPS TAKEN
March 2011 DLR Engagement (HoJo & Peacock Suites) TR - March 2012 HKDL Honeymoon (HKDL Hotel) TR - Feb 2013 DLP (Hotel l'Elysee) & HKDL (Hollywood Hotel) TR

TRIPS IN PLANNING
Aug/Sep 2014 DLR Half Marathon Weekend (DI&S & Portofino) PTR - 2015 Shanghai Disneyland Opening Day PTR
zanzibar138 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-12-2012, 11:02 PM   #138
disneyquilter
Just keep swimmin'...

Quote:
Originally Posted by MouseBrayden View Post
Once when I was walking off the monorail at Magic Kingdom to enter the park, I heard someone say quite loudly and angrily to a cast member, "What do you mean the monorail doesn't go to Sea World?" I got quite a laugh out of that.

Disneyland...Premium AP since '94...too many trips to count; WDW...2005 ASM/CSR 2007 POFQ 2009 CSR 2012 CBR 2015 Wilderness Lodge 2017 AKL
disneyquilter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 11:17 PM   #139
tara lynn
Mouseketeer

I was talking to a friend last year about how much I love Disney World and she told me she had gone to Epcot once when she was down in Florida. I told her Epcot was my favorite park and she was like "really? I thought it was kind of boring. It was just a bunch of countries."

Apparently she and whoever she went with completely missed the front half of the park.
tara lynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 11:45 PM   #140
alicia1506
DIS Veteran

we flew from australia to the usa last year, and went to DLR. in 2013 we are coming back and doing a DCL cruise + WDW stay + DLR stay. we don't have kids, and we are 31 + 34 respectively and we LOVE disney

funniest thing i heard the other day after talking to a colleague about our impending disney trip was whether we were going to see 'the lion from beauty and the beast'... umm. no. beast isn't a lion. they truly wouldn't believe me though

i thoroughly research all our trips ahead of time. we are planning on going in sept 2013 and i'm trying to get the others who are coming with us to put down money now.. they're like, but it's still 12 months away!! -- omg. facepalm.

i told my mother that we're doing DCL + WDW + DLR + universal and she was like OMG why are you going 4 different places to do the exact same thing, what a waste!! lol. silly. i don't think anyone who isn't willing to do a lot of research would appreciate that they are all very, very different.

i heart disney
Old 09-13-2012, 12:40 AM   #141
BorkBorkBork
Mouseketeer

I went to a timeshare presentation at the Wisconsin Dells last summer and the guy was trying to sell us, of course. He asked where we like to vacation and we said WDW. He said, this'll be perfect for you, the timeshare property is right next door! "The monorail comes right up to it!" Uhhhh....nope.

Me (32) DH(30) DD(3)
March 1987 (offsite)**May 2009: ASMu (pregnant with DD)**Sept 2011--free dining at POR!**Planning for Halloween 2013 at AoA/POFQ
BorkBorkBork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 06:59 AM   #142
pumpkinpatchquilter
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missytara View Post
That one definitely makes me cringe every time I read it.

First of all, if I could predict the weather in three months time, I wouldn't be sitting here working...

Second of all, weather and comfort levels are so subjective. Things like will we be able to swim, will it be warm enough to wear shorts, what kind of clothes do I bring, etc. totally depend on the individual and what kind of weather can they tolerate.

I work outside a lot, so I tolerate the weather a lot better than others. I go the week after Thanksgiving and I can be comfortable in a lightweight hoodie at night, while people around me are wearing coats or chattering their teeth. Some people will still be wearing shorts.

And the swimming part - if you can stand the run back to the room soaking wet, then go for it.

It mystifies me to no end that people cannot look at the weather a few days ahead of time, and say, hey, it is going to be 50 degrees at night, what do I wear at home that gives me the same comfort level I want to have in Florida.
I kind of get why people ask this though. PPL come to Disney from all over the world. The weather in the US alone is vastly different from one end to the other, so if you've never been to that area you may have no idea what "winter" is like in Florida. Kind of like out in Nevada you could have a 65 degree winter day but drive just a few hours East to Utah and find snow. We live in Ohio with family from FL and I still had no idea it went below 60 at any time in FL until I started following Orlando weather on weather.com! LOL* Also FL hurricane season is a generally rainy time of year that we just don't see up north. So, from that stand point, I kind of get when people ask what to expect what time of year.

Of course nobody knows what it's going to be like at any given time for sure...but you won't get the same Florida weather in December that you'll have in June.
Old 09-13-2012, 07:07 AM   #143
Jessij25
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by tara lynn
I was talking to a friend last year about how much I love Disney World and she told me she had gone to Epcot once when she was down in Florida. I told her Epcot was my favorite park and she was like "really? I thought it was kind of boring. It was just a bunch of countries."

Apparently she and whoever she went with completely missed the front half of the park.
My BFF told me the same thing. Her father only took her to Epcot and she didn't enjoy it. So next April her and her family are vacationing with us at WDW of course I'm planning the whole trip!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards
Off site- 1989 & 2000
Jessij25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 08:33 AM   #144
cindyfan
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BorkBorkBork View Post
I went to a timeshare presentation at the Wisconsin Dells last summer and the guy was trying to sell us, of course. He asked where we like to vacation and we said WDW. He said, this'll be perfect for you, the timeshare property is right next door! "The monorail comes right up to it!" Uhhhh....nope.

Unless of course he was selling Disney Vacation Club..... and Bay Lake Towers as your home resort!
Old 09-13-2012, 08:44 AM   #145
Jacksonev1
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MouseBrayden View Post
Once when I was walking off the monorail at Magic Kingdom to enter the park, I heard someone say quite loudly and angrily to a cast member, "What do you mean the monorail doesn't go to Sea World?" I got quite a laugh out of that.
Old 09-13-2012, 09:23 AM   #146
Cinderella1122
DVC member since 2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by cindyfan View Post

Unless of course he was selling Disney Vacation Club..... and Bay Lake Towers as your home resort!
Oh geesh...unlesss he was selling RCI and forgot to mention the trade-ins

June 2014 - All Star Music
December 2014 - Saratoga Springs
June 2015 - All Star Music
December 2015 - Bay Lake Tower
Cinderella1122 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 09:30 AM   #147
castmemberb4
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by pumpkinpatchquilter View Post
We have family who said this SAME thing about their sons about the same age. I feel SO bad for them. They are a blended family, the boys are from a previous marriage and the daughter is theirs together. They want to take the 4 year old daughter and leave behind the boys because they don't think they'll get anything from it. Poor boys!!! I wish I could take them with us! We are taking our 10, 6, and 16 month old. If I went by her logic we wouldn't go at all as the 10 and 6 year old would be considered "too old" and the 16 month old wouldn't remember! My kids are PSYCHED and the 10 year old is even going to wear an Ariel costume.

I'll tell you what the craziest things we've heard have been from our very own Travel Agent who's been before!!! She booked us the Cinderella breakfast at 1900 Park Fare and told us "all the princesses" would be there. She told us not to go to Cinderella's Royal Table - "it's not worth it and the characters won't spend any time with you". She also booked that one and said, "oh yeah you can just walk right out of the castle and hop onto your bus to go to the airport afterwards." Oh yes, and I had to press to book ADR's because she said it would be so slow in September we could make reservations that day. UM, ALL of the character meals are booked solid and have been for months, THANK goodness I made her book them months ago against her advice!!! Argh. SO many things were just plain wrong, UGH! We haven't even gone yet but are so excited we want to go again in two years...and I'M BOOKING THE WHOLE THING MYSELF! Lol*
Quote:
Originally Posted by zanzibar138 View Post
And speaking of TAs...

When we booked flights for our first trip to DLR, the TA we spoke to (who had apparently been) said we would need to pay extra to get in at night 'to see the fireworks' I didn't bother to tell him I'd spent the last 5 years researching this trip and could tell him without a doubt that wasn't the case I gave him the benefit of the doubt in case he was there when there was a hard-ticketed event and was getting confused.
I have a WONDERFUL TA who specializes in Disney travel.
I'm a former castmember and I sometimes call her to ask questions !
PM me if you want her info
Old 09-13-2012, 09:46 AM   #148
MJ6987
DIS Veteran

This...

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2991927
MJ6987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 10:01 AM   #149
Cinderella1122
DVC member since 2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ6987 View Post
OH HONEY! Thank God she found the DIS!

June 2014 - All Star Music
December 2014 - Saratoga Springs
June 2015 - All Star Music
December 2015 - Bay Lake Tower
Cinderella1122 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 10:41 AM   #150
SusieBea
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radiorox View Post
WHAT?!?!? You mean that shiny ball ISN'T SEAWORLD?! O_O Refund!!!

I HATE it when people mention ORLANDO for Disney. Guys, I know it's NEAR there but Disney is NOT in Orlando! Tourists, I feel for you, I do... you are allowed to call it Orlando. My fellow Floridians... Shame on you!!!
I say we're going to "Orlando" because I'm tired of people asking me why we're going to Disney World AGAIN!
Off-site '75, 82, 85; 89: CBR; 92: PO: 93: Disney Inn; 94: OKW(2); 95: OKW(2); 96: HHI & OKW(2); 97: VB & OKW; 98: OKW(3); 99: OKW, DCL, & BW; 2000: OKW & VWL; 01: HHI & OKW; 02: Ft. Wild. cabins; 03: OKW & GF; 05: OKW, SSR, & Yacht Club; 06: OKW; 07: OKW; 08: Grand Californian; 09: OKW; 10: OKW(2) & OKW Grand Villa! 2011: AKV (2) & OKW (3); 2012: OKW (3); 2013: OKW (3); 2014: BLT & Kidani; UPCOMING TRIPS:- 2014: GFV & OKW - Sept; OKW - December
SusieBea is online now   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: