Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Orlando Hotels and Attractions
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-09-2012, 01:16 PM   #1
meeshkamooshka
please exit to your left...

driving shortcut(s)

can someone help me out with driving from orange lake resort area and the parks...whats the quickest /best roads to take? to AK, EPCOT, DHS, MK
ANY POST I MAKE ON THE BOARD IS " MY" OPINION, YOU ARE ENTITLED TO YOUR OWN OPINION. AS A MATURE ADULT, RESPECTFUL AND TOLERANT DIALOGUE BEGINS WITH ACCEPTING EACH OTHERS POINT OF VIEW - EVEN IF THEY DIFFER. BECAUSE WE ALL HAVE DIFFERENT BACKGROUND KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCES, WE FORM DIFFERENT OPINIONS. VARIOUS OPINIONS CAN SHED NEW LIGHT AND NEW APPROACHES, ULTIMATELY WE WOULD FAIL TO MAKE PROGRESS IN OUR DEMOCRACY WITHOUT THEM! BUT AGAIN,THIS IS ALL "MY" OPINION!

FOR SOME REASON I ALWAYS GET HUNGRY FOR ONIONS, WHEN I READ THE WORD OPINION!
meeshkamooshka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 03:41 PM   #2
Detailor
DIS Veteran

Quickest way from Orange Lake to the Disney Parks...

From OLCC turn left onto SR 192, go about 1 mile from main resort entrance (west entrance) or about a half mile (maybe a little less) from the east River Island entrance to the light at Black Lake Road and turn left onto Black Lake Road. Continue about 1 1/4 miles to intersection with Sherberth Road and turn left onto Sherberth (you can also just continue on SR 192 to a left onto Sherberth, it's about the same distance but more traffic and more traffic lights to stop your progress so it would take a little longer). Go about another 1 1/4 miles on Sherberth to its intersection with Osceola Parkway and turn right onto Osceola Parkway and go about a half mile to the left turn toward Animal Kingdom (essentially a U-turn). The entrance to the Animal Kingdom parking lot is just is head on the right. To get to the other parks, continue on past the Animal Kingdom turn for about a mile and a half and turn left onto the entrance ramp onto World Drive. Then just follow the signs to the parks (Hollywood Studios is closest then Epcot and the TTC parking lot which is used for the Magic Kingdom is the furthest from that point - about 4 miles). Great signage once you're on Disney property makes it really easy to get to the various parks and other Disney sights from where ever you are, so even if you miss an exit you'll be able to find your way without much trouble.)

Dick Taylor
1961 New Years - The Disneyland Hotel, 1977 February - someplace on I-Drive that doesn't exist anymore, 1997 March - Sheraton Vistana Resort, 1998 February - Cypress Pointe, 1999 March - Orange Lake Country Club, 2000 February - Vacation Villas at Fantasy World, 2001 March - Orange Lake Country Club, 2002 March - Hilton Grand VacationClub at Sea World, 2003 March - Sheraton Vistana Resort, 2004 March - Orange Lake Country Club, 2005 February - Marriott's Cypress Harbour, 2005 June - Marriott's Grande Vista, 2006 February - Pool House in Davenport, 2006 June - Tampa Doubletree, 2007 March - Marriott's Grande Vista, 2007 July - Disney's Saratoga Springs Resort, 2008 February - Marriott's Cypress Harbour, 2008 March - Marriott's Grande Vista, 2008 June - Cypress Pointe, 2009 February - Marriott's Cypress Harbour, 2009 June - Marriott's Sabal Palms, 2010 February/March - Marriott's Cypress Harbour, 2010 December - Sheraton Vistana Villages, 2011 December - Sheraton Vistana Villages, 2012 December - Marriott's Cypress Harbour, 2013 March - Westin Lake Mary Orlando North
Detailor is offline   Reply With Quote